• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Tournament Discussion

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Is it just me, or do R.O.B mains like to play peach and puff as well?
Because I do.

Hopefully the NLL tourney this month will be MK banned, and if so, I hope to steal people's monies.
Should I go peach in the D3 MU?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I played Masho once. He was mean to me lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fX3OGW75WY
(watch the end) 9:33 - end.
Oh wow, lol. He was actually a really nice guy, and he played a lot of characters pretty well. I know he went at least :rob:/:marth:/:fox:/:dedede:.

Is it just me, or do R.O.B mains like to play peach and puff as well?
Because I do.

Hopefully the NLL tourney this month will be MK banned, and if so, I hope to steal people's monies.
Should I go peach in the D3 MU?
I'm a ROB main who is now a Peach main, and I love playing Jigglypuff in Melee, so I kinda fall into that category.

Peach vs. D3 is so fun. He's just a big target for combos and juggling.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Land more up smashes. I beat Fatboy's D3 on Saturday, and the MU was fun as hell. Maybe it's just me though. Now the Snake MU, that's not fun.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
then why on earth do you use peach? peach doesnt kill unless she gets a lucky turnip pluck XD

also, i despise using peach (i simply suck with her) jiggs is fun but i also suck with her. but then again i dont main rob so im probably not allowed to have an opinion on this XD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I love playing Peach, because she's so technical. I've always been a really technical player, but the only technical stuff ROB has is b-reversed gyro cancels and stuff like that. With Peach, she's so technical it actually wears me out mentally after playing her for more than an hour. It's so fun.

I use Peach in every MU except for the few I've given up on/prefer to use ROB. I've given up on :ike:/:marth: as Peach, because I never seem to beat them, and if Ike fairs ROB's shield, it's a free ftilt. And I just prefer to use ROB against IC's and maybe Diddy.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...since when did ike do well vs peach? either that or your playstyle with peach gets jabbed hard

also, if ike spaces his fair correctly, rob isnt touching him unless he lasers

stingers

Smash Obsessed
thats not true gp >.>
what if rob waits until after ike fairs
or hits him during fair startup
or powershields fair
or spotdodges fair
or approaches with a gyro
or doesnt just run into everything ike does

Zwarm

Smash Hero
wtf peach ***** ike
just float outside his range
I play against Kirk, he plays aggressive Ike. He punishes everything I do with jabs or punishing my landing with up smash or something. It's not fun... Plus the MU is not that easy, you don't think I've tried that already?

...since when did ike do well vs peach? either that or your playstyle with peach gets jabbed hard

also, if ike spaces his fair correctly, rob isnt touching him unless he lasers
I get jabbed a lot. I play against Kirk, and he's one of the better Ikes, I don't think he's misspacing his fair, and I can drop shield ftilt him every time he hits my shield.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean apparently not o.O ike is too slow to get in, "aggro ike" doesnt change that lol. the only thing that would prolly get past peach float is like...ff sh nair to bait whatever you try to do out of float, in which case you just dont fall for it XD youve gotta try and like play sf-like exact spacing footsies with float, then u can punish

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...point made, i remember why i use bair over fair more often XD

also zwarm, is he fastfalling his fair and landing as the hitbox finishes? i mean its kirk, so i would think he does, but typically that the main use for fair onstage
as for dealing with his jab, autocancel your aerial and jab, is hes that aggro hell try to jab you first, peach's speed jab beats it bigtime, you time the autocancel correctly and you will be cooking by gas

Zwarm

Smash Hero
i mean apparently not o.O ike is too slow to get in, "aggro ike" doesnt change that lol. the only thing that would prolly get past peach float is like...ff sh nair to bait whatever you try to do out of float, in which case you just dont fall for it XD youve gotta try and like play sf-like exact spacing footsies with float, then u can punish
I guess I can try that next time I'm playing him, although he mainly goes Bowser now.

...point made, i remember why i use bair over fair more often XD

also zwarm, is he fastfalling his fair and landing as the hitbox finishes? i mean its kirk, so i would think he does, but typically that the main use for fair onstage
as for dealing with his jab, autocancel your aerial and jab, is hes that aggro hell try to jab you first, peach's speed jab beats it bigtime, you time the autocancel correctly and you will be cooking by gas
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he does. And whenever I autocancel my attacks and try to jab, his jab beats me, at least from what I remember. What frame does Ike's jab come out? It probably just beats Peach's.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
frame 3 or 4 depending on how close you are, plus the 7 frames to drop shield and shield stun, if youre landig just as your aerial attack hits theres no way in hell he can be outspeeding you
mash a harder XD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Maybe he's beating me by expecting the jabs and shielding those too, I don't remember. If I see that's the case, I'll start grabbing instead of jabbing. Either way, Ike's jab is the bane of my existence. :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Maybe he's beating me by expecting the jabs and shielding those too, I don't remember. If I see that's the case, I'll start grabbing instead of jabbing. Either way, Ike's jab is the bane of my existence. :(
in that case, please become my resident peach main, everyone in the uk has fought ike countless times before i even appeared on teh scene. they all know how to fight me, i really have to work for my 7th place XD
mix it up, people having options are the bane of ikes existence, because he doesnt have any XD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Pay for me to come to England, and I'd be happy to be your resident Peach main. XD

It's just hard mixing it up, because Ike has such huge range, and one mistake puts me in the air, where Peach never wants to be because her airdodge is ****. Ike's uair hurts.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
id rather not, im looking to move into m own house and i dont have the funds for that even.

also. cant you just float above us and then punish the uair, it has a ton of ending lag on it
and ive never really known, what is so **** about peaches airdodge? it seems to screw me over whem against it

stingers

Smash Obsessed
she gets half the invincibility as every other characters airdodge but it lasts the same length. so dumb =[

TeeVee

Smash Lord
i think its officially time for me to drop rob forever lol i cant even beat ics with him anymore and thats all i really used him for anyway

TeeVee

Smash Lord
placed very well at lirr without using him once in bracket lol (even though hes next to my name in the results for some reason)

and in doubles my zss/mk/gaw are better anyway, :/ i wish rob could just kill reliably...why couldnt we just have snakes up tilt

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
usmash is underrated imo
force opponents to air dodge then hit em with it
sometimes you can literally run into ppl and do it and it will hit them (obv harder on shorter characters)
and if someone is landing in an attack, just trade it with usmash (obv a good trade for rob)

didnt you use rob a lot in pools? i think that's why he's next to your name

Zwarm

Smash Hero
id rather not, im looking to move into m own house and i dont have the funds for that even.

also. cant you just float above us and then punish the uair, it has a ton of ending lag on it
and ive never really known, what is so **** about peaches airdodge? it seems to screw me over whem against it
Yeah, I was just joking, haha.

Well say you hit Peach out towards the outer blastzone, she needs that float to get back to the stage, so it's not like I'll always be above you with a float. And yeah, for her airdodge, she spins twice, but only the first spin is invincible.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
They don't eliminate her options, it's not like Ike is Metaknight. It's just a tough MU.

Dair to Uair string requires me to approach Ike, I think I'll continue throwing turnips from a distance, thanks.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
So since I play with the condom off my controller, my thumb has been getting jacked up at tourneys. This slows me down on my b-reversals and stuff bc it begins to hurt like hell. Anywho, I found some bandage tape at the daycare I work at just a bit ago and thought I'd try it out. Feels beeptastic which means I'll prob be reppin the bandaged thumb look at tourneys now lol:

(not my actual controller)
:phone:

Sudai

Stuff here
I play w/o a condom on my control stick as well. But I play Melee. Thankfully the plastic isn't ****ed up so it isn't sticking out and hurting me or anything.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I play w/o a condom as well... It came off after too much reversing.. XD

8Bitman

Smash Master
Cmon Stingers everyone knows it feels better w/o protection. XD

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yus guys, us chuchus need to stay on track whether it be with or without protection lolz.

But srsly, I wouldn't know what I'd do without my worn/broken down controller. I'd rather accomodate myself to it than to move on to a new one.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, although speaking of controllers, anyone have any good ways of maknig the spring in the shoulder buttons more slack? i dont want to take the springs out but theyre too stiff, it makes my shield longer to get up, normally screwing me over a bit

Top Bottom