• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Tournament Discussion

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay, so now the library staff at college think im insane as i was literally gonig mental at the screen while watching that game. that was so amazing

TeeVee

Smash Lord
omfg chibo that set + commentary was so hype

gdlike

I TOLD YOU GUYS ROB BEATS MK ON PICTO

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
haha that's where i always take MK unless they ban it. I rarely ever lose there against him.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol i wouldn't say that, its still a bad matchup no matter how you look at it, but picto does certainly help

due to how i was playing and what was working on shadow game 1, it's the reason i had banned rainbow instead of delfino even though i would normally ban delfino and I was set on FD but he banned it so I chose picto. i love picto though, i would consider choosing it over FD anyway.
im a tad flustered that i didnt get match 2 to go to time. at like 2.5 min left or so i realized I likely wouldn't make the comeback so I aimed to go for a time out hoping he would go over 40 LGs, which he almost did

lmao i love it when i reflected the gyro at him on picto, i so wish it killed him. iv killed other players doing that before

Heartstring

Smash Legend
killing with the reflector would have been so funny. i was wondering though, why did you keep using the robcopter? i mean its not safe in any way XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
One or two of them were by mistake, as was an upsmash or two. Usmash can beat nado so while sometimes it looked like I was trying to do so, except for a time or two it was a botched up angled fsmash. As for the overB, I can't remember without watching those specific times again, but a couple of them were accidental (probably a botched reverse gyro or trying to fair/smash and my finger slipped and hit B by accident). the reflect one on pictochat was definitely intentional however lol, as well as a couple others.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
One or two of them were by mistake, as was an upsmash or two. Usmash can beat nado so while sometimes it looked like I was trying to do so, except for a time or two it was a botched up angled fsmash. As for the overB, I can't remember without watching those specific times again, but a couple of them were accidental (probably a botched reverse gyro or trying to fair/smash and my finger slipped and hit B by accident). the reflect one on pictochat was definitely intentional however lol, as well as a couple others.
ah cool, i totally understnad botching moves, as half of mine are XD
although there was one of delphino where you did it all the way and shadow got caught in the last hit and the commentator guy said 'how did chibo get away with that?'

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I really don't think I did that one on purpose, but after I started it I kept going with it because of the position he was at, I didn't end it early on purpose.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yeah. sometimes it's best to commit to the move even if it was accidental. it has a very good chance at shield poking. tbh, i get away with it more than i ever get punished for it lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah. sometimes it's best to commit to the move even if it was accidental. it has a very good chance at shield poking. tbh, i get away with it more than i ever get punished for it lol
i suppose its the whole random play factor that can sometimes tide over a game. ive managed to mess people up before with walkoff b-airs, expecting to see a simple ledgehog

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
cool links eric :)

me vs blackanese is up

watch match 3, first half of the match im getting destroyed then second half i make an amazing comeback and go on **** mode. The combo I do at the start of our third stocks is sexy

[yt]Yo0DIsf4WV8[/yt]

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm watching this in my Computer Science class lolz.
<3

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Oh sh*t! Chibo really can the Meta Knight MU! I'm really impressed!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Lots of R.O.B.s doin' work. GJ everyone.
I found out some of my matches at the last regional were saved, so I'll see about getting them uploaded.

Also, that Gyro > Footstool combo is listed in my guide. I used to have fun "surfing" my opponent, dropping the Gyro on them from above and Footstooling them with the momentum so you surf along the ground with them as the board.
It lead into techniques like Gyro-shining... a joke about "wave-shining" that came from Melee where Fox would wavedash out of a shine hit... it would link wave-shine to wave-shine. The Gyro drop to Gyro-catch leads into a loop of Gyro-drop > Gyro-catch much in the same way, so I just said "it's wave-shining with a Gyro... Gyro-shining, lol".

But I never found the Gyro > Footstool-cancel D-Air, that's some cool stuff. Look into using a B-air (I wanted to look into that more and see if I could use it to get to the ground faster).
I'm going to look into using the Footstool-canceled D-Air on Wario since I have to play against Pwneroni's Wario, it could come in handy.

(as a side note, Gyro to D-Air at the side of the stage is kind of a different tactic altogether, it's been known for a while, but Thanatos took that tactic to perfection... you should see him play, he does that all the time and it's really impressive). You can see when he was developing it in this (old) video: http://allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=19668

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I got 5th out of about 50 people at a tournament today! :)

Held by my old college

I got a $50 gift card for Gamestop! :)

Because my ex-roommate Kappy won and gave it to me.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Tourney time!
I'll report on how it went whenever I get back (if I'm not dead tired) =P

The rules in this one are experimental so you guys might be interested in checking out the thread fot it:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292144

Nothing TOO drastic, but yeah still different.

Seeya, beepo/as<3

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Got ***** by Raz and Praxis in pools today... any advice on the peach matchup? loll....
Here's a set I had last weekend.
But I play weird, so idk. Bees has a more slow-paced approach, so he'll prob see this and post the vids he has too. But here are mine:
Game1
Game2
Game3

As for the tourney...it was a rather odd experience lol. I'll go into more detail in the morning<3
Needs my sleeps

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
LOL That's definitely not how I played the matchup.... my tech skills "not quite" at that level lol.. but I think I can definitely extrapolate a few points from those videos! Thanks Mister Eric!

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
LOL That's definitely not how I played the matchup.... my tech skills "not quite" at that level lol.. but I think I can definitely extrapolate a few points from those videos! Thanks Mister Eric!
I think these are much better references. I just didn't know where they were right off:
Peachkid vs Bees 1
Peachkid vs Bees 2

=]

Croissant

Smash Apprentice

Bees!

Smash Ace
in my experience vs Peach. SH fair oos > ftilt. ftilt gets punished a lot of the time whenever I use it vs Peach.
So I generally space with fAirs more in that MU. Probably from countless times of getting punished for ftilting by Meno.

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I found that f-tilts rarely helped too.... my biggest problem was the shield pressure tho.
Like when they approach with a fast-falled F-air and then go straight into their jabs what do I do? it feels like if I shield it's safe for them to grab after their jab.
Also, when they pressure from right above rob with d-air and n-air while floating just above us, how do we punish it? Grab or jab?

Bees!

Smash Ace
with shield pressure I just avoid the dAir floating all together. Its pretty hard to punish oos. as because the floating usually is in our blindspot. Or close enough to retreat to it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I felt the exact opposite when I played nicole bees lol. She out zoned my fairs all day, and spamming ftilt felt much safer. But I guess it's got more to do with timing/situations/mentalities.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I felt the exact opposite when I played nicole bees lol. She out zoned my fairs all day, and spamming ftilt felt much safer. But I guess it's got more to do with timing/situations/mentalities.
It could be. When I played Meno and Peachkid fAir was more safe as long as I didn't crossover. ftilt usually got punished. they would bait it by floating just out of reach and then they would punish it. Ftilt worked in some of the time. but just not as effective as in every other MU. Also I tend to fAir oos too much so idk. Too often I panick when I try to ftilt oos and just jab oos

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think with peach youve got to be really conservative of your shield, as she will jsut pressure it all day given the chance, its basically a complex game of keep out vs. get it
i reckon if they dair you rolling away is probably our best option, staying in your shield gets you nowhere there

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
The Peach MU is pretty hard. =/
It's definitely one of those 40:60.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i think ill take ike over rob for that MU, the power and range ike has over peach makes it about 50:50 imo, but peach is a slippery ***** XD

Top Bottom