• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB vs ZSS now 0-100

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ugh **** zss x_x

well i'm picking up ICs then. if people want to gay me, I'll just gay them harder

stingers

Smash Obsessed
like zss-rob wasn't already in zss' favor? :p

well all well i needed to learn another character anyway

Mr.E

Smash Lord
After being flabbergasted the first few hours, not to mention personal testing to verify its legitimately, I'm just looking up and thinking positively. And yes, it's absolutely legitimate.

At this point, I don't think it's even been confirmed that a wake-up or wake-up attack doesn't beat it; ZSS's DSmash is quite slow, after all. So let's just assume it is. How big of a deal is it? ZSS already had an infinite grab-release on Wario, as does Yoshi, and tons of characters have other grab-release set-ups on him. How are top Wario players doing? It seems they're doing perfectly fine to me. He's still an upper-tier character. As far as I know, people don't CP ZSS or Yoshi against Futile or Reflex and beat them. Okay, Snakeee will perfect it and put ROB mains into loser's, him and the three or so other top ZSS players. *shrug* Oh well. :/ As a generic counterpick by most players, you have nothing to worry about.

This infinite has other problems associated with it. Namely, ZSS has absolutely no set-up for a DSmash. It's her slowest attack and nothing can combo into it, the only way she lands it is if you let her land it. And what if you get caught recovering, through the platform she's standing on, or it beats out your short hop approach? She can't start the infinite from those positions. Both of you have to be on the ground, on the same level of terrain (not different platforms), and she has to be fairly close -- she doesn't have time to dash up for the footstool if she catches your extended hurtbox at the edge of ROB's FTilt, for example. (She does not need to be right on top of ROB, however. She can start it up from anywhere inside the DSmash's natural range.) Much like avoiding grabs against Ice Climbers, minus the whole not being able to split ZSS in half, it may just require a slight change in playstyle. What's the worst this does, make her match-up as tough as Meta Knight? Big deal. ;/

And hey, if this ends up being not a true infinite, then we have nothing to worry about at all. It's very difficult at best.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Get wrecked ROB
I guess that makes more sense, since R.O.B. is a robot.

footstools should have never existed... or at least BE TECHABLE!!!
That would solve the problem of the Ice Climbers infinite grab. We can't always get what we want. Hm, you use Pikachu, and Pikachu has a new chain-grab. A bit ironic, I'd say.

Mr E. said:
ZSS's DSmash is quite slow, after all.
:laugh: What? No, "quite slow" fits the description for Ike's f-smash.

Mr. E. said:
It's her slowest attack and nothing can combo into it, the only way she lands it is if you let her land it.
You're a real joker, aren't you? Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought her f-smash was slowest attack that she has. Oh, and I stopped reading the rest of whatever it was you wrote after this sentence.

Superspright

Smash Lord
He still has a point. ROB has the tools necessary to outcamp ZSS all day--the only time ZSS is a real threat is when she has her armor. After the armor game is gone it's back to good ol' gyro-laser and space with everything else.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I honestly think it should end up being banned.
And Mr. E, it is not all that difficult for her to d-smash ROB at all. Do you realize that her d-smash even outranges ROB's tilts?

I'm probably going to end up using it if it is allowed, but I'm hoping it will be. I think any infinite that isn't too difficult to pull off or too situational shouldn't be in tourney.

Start up wise, the d-smash is pretty slow. Try to find a way for ROB to avoid it, because I know that if an opponent hits the floor, and doesn't tech ZSS does not have time to D-smash them if they roll away or get up attack. I guess ROB's footstool animation takes longer than that?

EDIT: Why do people still think that the armor is the only good thing about ZSS? o_O. What's ironic is that I hardly use them at all really

Double Edit:
ugh **** zss x_x

well i'm picking up ICs then. if people want to gay me, I'll just gay them harder
....You're picking up IC's for ZSS??? Ok, have fun

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
At this point, I don't think it's even been confirmed that a wake-up or wake-up attack doesn't beat it
I dont believe you can do a wake up attack or even roll. I believe ZSS is putting you into a forced get up animation.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Lol, and I JUST started using ROB against ZSS. That range just wrecked all my characters................*sigh* back to the drawing boards

Sudai

Stuff here
Lol, and I JUST started using ROB against ZSS. That range just wrecked all my characters................*sigh* back to the drawing boards
It was already in ZSS's favor before this. Using ROB as a counterpick wasn't a good idea in the first place. Try someone that actually has an advantaged match-up against her. :p

Roxas215

Smash Lord
It was already in ZSS's favor before this. Using ROB as a counterpick wasn't a good idea in the first place. Try someone that actually has an advantaged match-up against her. :p
I was about to say the same thing. ZSS already had the matchup advantage before this was found.

If dedede's gay *** cg is still allowed then this will be as well. However rob has the tools he need to outcamp zss. And besides snakeee and a few others i don't see this matchup happening alot at tournaments at all. I mean remember when peach's bair lock was found? I still have yet to see it used in tournaments. Stuff like this is found all the time. Don't mean it's going to become useful at high level play.

At the very least just pick your secondary. This has nothing on what pikachu can now do to falco. Falco mains NEEDS A LEGIT SECONDARY now. There is no other way around it.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
ROB can't outcamp ZSS. She's too fast and she pressures ROB waaaaay too well from our danger zone (the area outside of ftilt range but too close to blindly spam projectiles), which is a big reason why she won the matchup in the first place. Her dsmash was already an amazing setup, but now it's just stupid. It's like IC's grab but easier to land, with much better range :(

Azuzu

Smash Cadet
I don't know. This doesn't really worry me that much. Look how close ZSS has to be to start this, that's a tough sell and is perfect for spotdodge -> dsmash. I guess it makes it a worse matchup, but it's not 0-100 by any means.

Anyone tested this on slight slopes?

Tenki

Smash Hero
ICs? I think you meant MK.
That is a trufax.

and so is the infinite.

I'm wondering though, I was messing around with air footstools vs ROB last week or so and found out that Sonic can footstool > F-air/U-air since ROB's footstool starts the opponent off almost inside him.

I didn't get to test, but can Snake footstool>U-air ROB? haha.

cutter

Smash Champion
I honestly think it should end up being banned.
And Mr. E, it is not all that difficult for her to d-smash ROB at all. Do you realize that her d-smash even outranges ROB's tilts?

I'm probably going to end up using it if it is allowed, but I'm hoping it will be. I think any infinite that isn't too difficult to pull off or too situational shouldn't be in tourney.
I learned how to do Ice Climbers infinites in two weeks. They are really not that hard to do, and hobbling is so easy my sister can do it.

Based on your logic, we should ban Ice Climbers infinites as well.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I learned how to do Ice Climbers infinites in two weeks. They are really not that hard to do, and hobbling is so easy my sister can do it.

Based on your logic, we should ban Ice Climbers infinites as well.
maybe we should
I don't know honestly. I can't even make a clear standpoint on this right now lol. I will use it though :ohwell:

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Well.... at least the infinite looks cool... Like you can mix it up with paralyzers and jab locks instead of pressing the same buttons over and over. Not worse than DDD and Marth's infinites IMO. :urg: Plus it's looks easier to slip up while doing it.

But wow this really sucks for ROB's. It's just one matchup though, :(

cutter

Smash Champion
maybe we should
I don't know honestly. I can't even make a clear standpoint on this right now lol. I will use it though :ohwell:
Things should only be banned when they are absolutely dominating the game so bad that it becomes the only viable tactic.

When was the last time ICs players were utterly obliterating tournaments?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic has an easy jab lock setup thanks to the properties of ROB's footstool animation.

SD or ASC > Footstool > ffnair > jab lock

Maybe you guys should look into ROB's properties and what each character can do to them, because this is gonna spread...

Sudai

Stuff here
Sonic has an easy jab lock setup thanks to the properties of ROB's footstool animation.

SD or ASC > Footstool > ffnair > jab lock

Maybe you guys should look into ROB's properties and what each character can do to them, because this is gonna spread...
Nah, other characters can find out **** they can do against us. We'll just figure out ways around it. : )

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
Does this work on all chars or only on rob? i am kind of getting afraid :(

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know, about a year ago I'd be completely losing it right now and laughing at all the ROB mains but now that I've come to peace with him being in Brawl, I kind of feel bad for you guys. Eh, Wario can get infinited by 8 people and it really hasn't weighed him down in the least in high levels of competition so I wouldn't worry about it that much.

Top Bottom