• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB's b-air is ********

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
The hitbox in the head is known. I don't ever see anyone using it for some reason, though. It's too good.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
This was discovered long ago
and people dont do it alot because its too easy to punish
Alot of ROB players do it but if your smart u can shield grab right out of it ;=/

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
If I need some serious knockback and fair's been degenerated AND it's an aerial situation (to negate shield-grabbing), I do use the Bair if they're in front of me. Not all the time, 'cause being predictable is lame, but yeah.

Of course, that's a pretty specific situation. Generally the auto-spacing of the standard bair is more useful. And, as has been said, all of this has been known.

.... on a related note, why is everything always "already known?"

Mr.E

Smash Lord
ATA? ATG? At any rate, it can sometimes push you behind them if you're almost on top of them with the first FAir and it's occasionally good to mix it up anyway. *shrug*

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Its a good move, the disjoint hitbox(the Flames) are the best feature, Dair's just don't cut it for me =(

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
There are many other "bull****" moves that deserve complaining about more than ROB's BAir. Why choose this one?

Using the head's hitbox is not only difficult when facing a good opponent, but it is seldom worth it. What I mean is that using ROB's BAir tackle is more situational; only a small percent of his kills are attained this way. The risk is too high to justify the outcome.

Although, I do love his BAir and its usage in new and clever ways.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
School has me really busy, so probably not as soon as I'd like. Plus, the majority of worthwhile AZ players no longer play Brawl. AZ has dropped Brawl for Melee. I speak, of course, for the general AZ population, as I myself haven't really played either seriously since the semester started.

I haven't really played Brawl in a long time; I stopped playing Brawl to pick up Halo (which I suuuuck at) competitively. I stopped playing Brawl because I was disheartened with the general Brawl community, however, lately, I've been seriously contemplating coming back to Brawl once in a while because my love for the ROB community is so strong and deep rooted.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the only good thing to come out of Brawl, at least for me, was my discovery of the wonderful people that make up the ROB boards.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
maXXX we need to play sometime, I'm in Tempe, and always looking to play new people. I'm just obnoxiously busy all the time with school and work (11 hour days at work FTW!!) i know I'm a total nobody but I wouldn't mind trying to get my name out there a bit.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
maXXX needs to get back into this =]
and like i said he knows the consequences of trying to pull of a BAir against a good player =[
Although I love the **** move

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I only bair tackle when I know my opponent is going to roll. Nair is really my killing move. Even though your opponent can see nair coming, its hard to avoid if you use it right.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B.'s bair is meant to be a headbutt. Everyone's doing it wrong
I know it is but when I play with Alex, Teba, B0A, and Futile I stopped it long ago because they know exactly how to punish it.
Although I do mix it up alot just to trick them at times, majority of the time however, they punish me and do it well lol

Top Bottom