• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob's House 4 - 6/23/12 - Ann Arbor, MI

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
You can show up as early as 11am, I'll be here.

Don't bring any controllers specifically to go along with your setup... everyone brings their own controller to use all day at any given setup, so do that instead.
ok, thats good. Im not sure if my friend will be able to come. ill know for sure after work tomarrow.

and to the other posts. Did you have your name on them in any way shape or form?
Im putting my on my controller via lable macheen, doing the same to all my stuff accually, since i did buy it>.>

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
well i left it out and said people could use it since several different people were looking for controllers to use

i just assumed that it would then be put back when they were done

its half orange half teal, pretty identifiable so i didnt think a name was too necessary

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
lol, how did you lose/get it stolen, you problally coud of seen it from accrost the street!
Was it neon? that would be even better! hahaha
thats just crazy though... is a charmelion controler?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Bad news, something has come up and I have to work on Saturday afternoon. I don't really see an option other than to postpone the tourney one week. This needs more time/hype anyway. So yeah, June 26th. Sorry to everyone who already made plans for this weekend. We could still Smashfest in the evening if anyone is up for it.

alcoady

Smash Ace
oh well **** happens.
andrew, get ready to win the big bucks at POE w/ me
And i honestly think that if we had crews and top 4 or 5 mi players showed....we would win.
....**** i'm tired

Ballz

Moooose

Smash Champion
oh well **** happens.
andrew, get ready to win the big bucks at POE w/ me
And i honestly think that if we had crews and top 4 or 5 mi players showed....we would win.
....**** i'm tired

Ballz
yea i think mi is pretty underrated.
but then again ive never played oos so my opinion is irrelevant

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i think michigan is pretty accurately rated among the people who have actually played you guys

everyone else pretty much ignores you though cause you guys never travel

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to come to this tourney, it depends on if the things that need to happen happen.
now to learn to shff'l and wavedash better. i can l-cancel pretty well.

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
i think Michigan is pretty accurately rated among the people who have actually played you guys

everyone else pretty much ignores you though cause you guys never travel
Well sorry about the double post but.
The reason we don't travel is its Michigan. Our state is shaped like a glove! and everyone else from Michigan moved away, so technically that's traveling....
Oh the reason is we live in michigan. We have the one of the worst econamys in the country. now its the 2nd highest unemployment rating?? it was the first. Michigan, we had a black mayor steal lots of money, and a white govenor mess up everything.(kilpatrick,granholm)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Well sorry about the double post but.
The reason we don't travel is its Michigan. Our state is shaped like a glove! and everyone else from Michigan moved away, so technically that's traveling....
Oh the reason is we live in michigan. We have the one of the worst econamys in the country. now its the 2nd highest unemployment rating?? it was the first. Michigan, we had a black mayor steal lots of money, and a white govenor mess up everything.(kilpatrick,granholm)
actually it's because of 2 reasons: most people who play don't have cars (or at least ones stable enough for interstate travel), and we're really spread out in our state, so it's difficult to capitalize on the few cars we do. As such, few possible cars + few people in them = not a good recipe for traveling. That aside, we're still MI, so we still suck and things.

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
actually it's because of 2 reasons: most people who play don't have cars (or at least ones stable enough for interstate travel), and we're really spread out in our state, so it's difficult to capitalize on the few cars we do. As such, few possible cars + few people in them = not a good recipe for traveling. That aside, we're still MI, so we still suck and things.
Ok yes that is the reason. but, our economey has something to do with it too, with brawl most michiganders gave up melee and took brawl and the wii. And becuase of how poor we are, we cant buy cars. Like me :D

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
Ok that works too, Poe?? what is that?

*Just came to competive like a week ago* I havent even rlly played some1 decent, all npcs and week nebors

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
bigy youre not going to see anyone in this thread except for me at poe, theyre all gonna be at this on the same day

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
ITs cuz were michiganders and we DONT travel!
IF they just made the big tourneys in Michigan they would see how we are the champions my friend!, and we will keep fighting to the end!

alcoady

Smash Ace
yeah, no disrespect, but it's hard to say he's one of the best when he's so out of practice 70% of known MW players can beat him now :urg:

Oh well, POE is gunna kick *** and i know MI is gunna surprise the **** out of everyone in teams

*slaps andrew a no-look Hi-5*

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
... great thanks for ruining Michigans pride of good players. Michigans self esteem wen way down now.
No...maybe your pride. All of Michigan's "good" players know where we/they stand in comparison to other regions and people. We know why we don't travel. and we are getting better as fast as we want to.
yeah, no disrespect, but it's hard to say he's one of the best when he's so out of practice 70% of known MW players can beat him now :urg:
Yeah Dope needs to prove himself again before he is considered top. I know Shady handily beat him recently when they played with his Marth (watch out MI spacies...).

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
No...maybe your pride. All of Michigan's "good" players know where we/they stand in comparison to other regions and people. We know why we don't travel. and we are getting better as fast as we want to.

Yah the thing with that is, i dont know where i stand. I have neveer played against anyone of a higher calaber. I just think Michigan can be one of the top places, we just need to buckle down and open a can of Woop A#$ on the EC , WC, and south. Sure it could be hard but hey, were michgain, its the state where No matter where you stand in Michigan, you're less than 100 miles from one of the Great Lakes. If you're in Detroit, you're also less than 100 feet from the scene of a violent crime. :D

SCOTU

Smash Hero
MI is a pretty terrible place to be talking like that. It isn't gonna happen. Our "best" players can barely place in the top 8 of midwest tourneys, and the Midwest is like, the worst region ever :( Also, since experience is like, the #1 thing you need to have any skill, if you've never played anyone decent, then you're not decent (everyone starts like this; and this is fixable in a short amount of time), but unless you're some crazy *** prodigy who can somehow get better than everyone in his region without even playing that much, then no one in MI is gonna give the EC/WC/South a run for their money.

Also, don't get discouraged. I just hate it when people don't know what "competitive" scenes are like and then get their ***** handed to them and get all emo and stop playing. A real player gets his *** handed to him at his first several tournaments, but gets better each time and tries to get the most out of those experiences. I expect to see that from you. Except that I probably won't actually see you, lol.

earthadept

Smash Lord
I know how that feels, lolz. the problem though for new players coming to the scene is there are NEVER tournaments. so every learning experience for me was like... months apart. iz stupid. but i still play, the game is too fun

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
lol, best 2 posts right above me^_^ Edit#2, Fail page break.....

Pst me get emo, yah right. I eat emos for breakfast. or was that Elmo.... close enough.
But hey, you never know what might happen. Michigan might buy a car and apply them selfs.

And yes the game is to fun. so addicting, im training for it insted of studying for finals.... F here we come!

Edit: I feel like this is starting a small flame war, so im going to stop (mabey) with the michigan replys. Like a lighter type flame war, it hasent hit the gasoline yet.

Kail

Smash Lord
Shaeden, Velynn, Bigy, and I travel quite a bit and get to play a lot of people. Shaeden evidently is oddly known on the East Coast for some reason and in Ohio and Bigy and Velynn are getting known in the Midwest.

If you get the general chess concept of the game and have decent reactions you can do pretty **** well. Also, Shadow I'd love to play you some time. <3

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
PERSON! I LOVE CHESS its soo fun. i like coppying whatever they do and then exploting a weekness in their defences, i got a check mate in a total of 7 rounds, bishop rules :D
And if you want call me shade, its what i get called on the other game/fourms im on. if it wont be too confusing. there was a guy named shrade and i was called shade sooo quite confusing.
Sure i would love to play you, are you going to this tourney or POE?

Top Bottom