• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Band

S2

Smash Lord
For all the GH3/Rockband rivalries, they play so differently. Sure they both have guiter, but they are much different experiences.

I like Rockband cause I like to sing. I'm getting bored of GH after playing the hell out of them (that goes for playing guitar in Rockband as well).

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm a platinum artist now- about a week ago I had some friends come over and they brought an extra TV so we could have Endless Setlist going with Guitar and Bass while we switched out to Halo 3.

I love having the platinum status for when I play guitar. Anyways, took about 4 and a half hours with two or three bathroom breaks. It was actually really fun, we didn't consider quitting once.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
YES ROCKBAND IS FINALLY OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED FOR THE WII OH THANK THE GODS ABOVE.

What i'm wondering is if they're just going to port or add anything since there prolly won't be a download channel and it's going to come otu so much later than the others.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it was just recently announced by EA at a press conference. they said the release date is up in the air, or something like that, meaning there will be a Wii version, but they don't have a release date set for it.

but i'm VERY happy to hear it. i've only played demos for guitar, bass and drums, and the game is so fun. favorite instrument to play is definetely the drums (odd, seems being a drummer actually helps the fact i love the game so much)

might sing, but i don't have a singing voice. may just stick to the other three, with drums being my primary one

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
edit: and just in case you missed it, the songs hemightbegiant just posted are for MARCH. February's DLC is yet to be revealed.
When asked about downloadable albums, MTV senior vice president of blah blah blah said that they may be coming very soon, which ties in perfectly with February's DLC. Interview here

I'm so hyped to play Who's Next and Nevermind.

By the way, I've fallen in love with bass guitar, I choose that over lead every time when I'm with friends, bass boost is awesome.

All downloadable songs/packs/albums can be seen here.

Speaking of which, "Message in a Bottle" is the only song I'll be downloading in March. They really need to add in more 60's songs to balance this list out.

It's not bass boost, it's bass groove. Which sound ten times more amazing.
No, I meant in the audio options on the main menu, bass groove is while you're actually playing.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I just got my 360 replaced, so I can play Rock Band again. Not this weekend, so unless something happens, how about SWF Rock Band?

Oh, and FINALLY February DLC.

"Roam" - The B-52's
"We Care a Lot" - Faith No More
"Calling Dr. Love"- KISS

I must say, the songs they give up easily make up for the lack of February DLC. Great B-52's song, great Faith No More song, and a good KISS song (when will we get "Shock Me" or "Strutter"?)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I've been updating your first post in the top regularly by the way, giant. I picked up Roam and Calling Dr. Love last week, hoping for DLC that really appeals to me for the rest of February since there are only two songs I want during March.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm just wondering why on the Metallica pack they didn't include Master of Puppets or Fade To Black. Oh well. I must say, the track listing for RB is very good; the best, in my opinion, of any of the music games out there right now.

They need Miss America by Styx. Now.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Well, all the Artist Packs are titled "[artist name] Pack 01" so you could get MoP and FtB in the future in Pack 02, etc.

The DLC for this week is pretty, uh, weak. I won't be buying any of the songs.

The Clash "Complete Control"
The Police "Truth Hits Everybody"
The Ramones "Teenage Lobotomy"

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
So I've had the game for about a week no and the only song I've yet to beat on Expert drums is the infamous Run to the Hills. I know the pattern, I just don't have the stamina.

Next time I'm over at a friend's house, I'm going to be getting, like, twenty songs of DLC. =V

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
This week:

Weezer - "El Scorcho"
Garbage - "Why Do You Love Me?"
Stone Temple Pilots - "Sex Type Thing"

I haven't had the chance to download any of them yet (my gaming room is undergoing painting), but I've heard a few complaints about El Scorcho. People say it isn't the version of the track that's on Pinkerton, but it's been rerecorded with a new solo. I'll be downloading Weezer and Garbage this week. Really don't like STP.

Cpt_EJ

Smash Cadet
This game is pretty sick. I've played it a few times at my friend's house. I can't wait until I buy it and become an expert on all instruments except the singing

Yaya

Smash Champion
*Holds back laughter*

Yeah, I'll probably get this game when it comes out on Wii, after I've no lifed Brawl for a bit.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Don't know about you, but "Still Alive" is number one priority for downloading for me.

Such an awesome idea. Anyone else hoping we may get the Homestar Runner songs in Rock Band

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I always hate the wii not having a harddrive. If Wii 2.0 doesn't have one, i'm seriously considering going xbox.
Maybe they'll have one in time for RB wii T_T...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
What's ironic is, the 360 is worth purchasing for just Halo 3, Rock Band, and Oblivion IMO, whereas to feel like I've made a good purchase with the Wii, I really need a good collection of games and channels- and guess who has the smallest hardrive of next gen. systems?

Than again, Halo 3, Rock Band, and Oblivion probably would use up all of the Wii's memory.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Mmm, no i don't think the 360 is worth purchasing to get Those, when a), i have oblivion on my PC + expansion packs if i want them b) a $300+ console in order to get a $170 game? No thank you, c) Halo is great. But i don't want to spend $400 just to play it. Not to mention i'm spending money every month to play it online. If i got everything on there, i would be spending, oh $650+. not to mention downloads fo rockband and XBL. Or i could get the wii with wii sports, brawl, prime 3, LoZ:TP, and mario galaxies, all of which i enjoy and love, for $450. Without additional expenses(i'm not looking at controllers for either system). I have 5 games, all of which are exclusive to the wii, two of which have multiplayer that's addictive and fun, one of which has free online. for $200+ less.

Now i know this contradicts what i said before. But i just feel saying a console is worth buying for just three games, one of which is $170, another of which i will a) eventually not play again, (though it does have quite a long lifespan) and can buy $10 cheaper for the PC with mouse control. If i bought a 360, it would not be for three games. since i have the option, i'd basically be buying the 360 for two games. sorry, but that's not worth it.

now buying the 360 for those two AND the rest of the huge library it has to offer is worth it. I mean, it's the same with the wii, like you said. If someone bought the wii for like mario galaxies and smash, it would not be worth it, when there are still plenty of games to check out.

edit: wii now has downloadable content announced(paid for). SO it looks like rockband wii will most likely have dl content.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Rock Band is probably my favorite game next to the Smash series.
Favorite Song everyone?

Singing: Reptilia - The Strokes
Drums: Blitzkreig Bop - The Ramones
Bass: In Bloom - Nirvana
Guitar: Die, All Right - The Hives
:]

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I have 1013MB of DLC for Rock Band so far, where is Rock Band going to store DLC on the Wii?
i'm assuming they'd at least release a firmware update for USB 2.0 HDD compatibility. Otherwise nintendo's even stupider than i thought they were.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Anyone heard about this yet? Very interesting idea in theory, depends on how well that "Phase" game runs. If anyone has it, how does it work, 'cause I'd really like to know if the idea of putting my own songs in Rock Band, if just for guitar or vocals, is feasible in the least?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It wouldn't be clever even if you had actually attempted to fool us by editing a post.

Me and Cashed rocked it out a bit last night, you should tell your friend to get some DLC.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
He's cheap. :C He also just got the game yesterday.

But yay, you got me an achievement. Riding Coattails. Awesome.

And you really need a mic. :|

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Even when my mic did work straight out of my controller, it didn't work for Rock Band. I think they gave me bad adapters or something.

Top Bottom