• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
With the exception of a time-out in singles, any match that ends in sudden death will have the sudden death played out.
Wait, I don't get it.....

Also, I need a partner for doubles, as usual. PM me or post here if you wanna team.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Team, with Jake?

I think, that would be awesome lol
I'm down for it if you are :p

EDIT: nvm I get it now lol

Yoshara

Smash Lord
All I am gonna say is, Kyle better show for doubles this time (and atleast let me know if he isn't a day or two ahead).

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Nah, as of now I'll be going Luigi for dubs :)

I'm excited for doubles now.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
^.^

How well do you think you'll be able to do grab release -> upB on MKs?

Edit: We're talking about Yoshi and Luigi. How could green possibly be the wrong colour? :confused:

:005:
Shouldn't be too difficult :p

May need a bit of practice before hand though. If we can.

EDIT: Also, it's spelled Color :mad:
I always thought Colour looked ********, and I still do lol

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I could post in indigo if you preferred...

...but that would just be mean.

Edit: Yeah, we can definitely get some practice in before doubles starts. I always show up to events close to the opening time, so we should have time to try some things. =D

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Not for the Revolution skin lol

EDIT: Sounds good to me Jake. I can definitely make it there early. It'll be fun.

T-block

B2B TST
When I switch to Revolution, the actual content of the site literally only takes up a quarter of the width of my screen.

BTW, this thing is back in ****ty room 711... we'll have tables and power bars this time though... hopefully.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
EDIT: Also, it's spelled Color :mad:
I always thought Colour looked ********, and I still do lol
*twitches*

AGGGH! Unless you live in the states, you dirty, dirty American, you spell it as "colour".

Also, I don't mind having some kind of rules to replace sudden death...

if things reach sudden death, a new match should be started with same chars on same stage. up to you whether it should be 3 stocks or 2 or 1 though
But not this...

It's up to the TO's, really. You'll make someone mad no matter what choice you make on the rules/stages, so just do what you think is just and fair, Mike(s).

---

To DDR-Asian-Mike (and not SNSD-Asian-Mike): we should team, brah. and not just teaming up on Jamie in FFA

---

BTW, this thing is back in ****ty room 711... we'll have tables and power bars this time though... hopefully.
You should bold it or do something in the OP to make it clear that we are switching rooms again. Finally, if I don't forget, I'll bring two power bars.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
That's what every other tournament does. And it makes sense. You'd rather give it a coin toss with sudden death instead of replaying it? that's stupid.
No, no. No sudden death, and I don't think you should replay the match for a simultaneous death. I don't know if Melee replays it, but it seems like a dumb idea to me - likely to end up in the same situation again, for one thing.

However...

SBR Recommended Rule List v2.0 said:
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

(Optional Rules)

- Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.
Well, ****. It's up to you, Mike(s). Don't know about specifically favouring Bowser, and overtime 1-stock matches wouldn't be the worst thing to do, but there's at least one problem I have with them:

- If the killing move was a suicide move, then it's very likely that this will happen again. And if anyone remembers the tie-breakers that James/Sean have had the bad luck of frequently being a part of, they'll remember that it will really slow down the tourney, compared with a solid rule governing a win/loss in a given case.

KarlR

Smash Cadet
except that wasnt a suicide suddendeath, they each kept losing and winning one and one stalk matches couldnt be played since lucario is gay, if bowser claws you off the stage then you deserve the loss.

T-block

B2B TST
No, no. No sudden death, and I don't think you should replay the match for a simultaneous death. I don't know if Melee replays it, but it seems like a dumb idea to me - likely to end up in the same situation again, for one thing.

However...

Well, ****. It's up to you, Mike(s). Don't know about specifically favouring Bowser, and overtime 1-stock matches wouldn't be the worst thing to do, but there's at least one problem I have with them:

- If the killing move was a suicide move, then it's very likely that this will happen again. And if anyone remembers the tie-breakers that James/Sean have had the bad luck of frequently being a part of, they'll remember that it will really slow down the tourney, compared with a solid rule governing a win/loss in a given case.
As Karl said, a sudden death rule would not have helped in the case of the tie breakers that happened. Keith, bottom line is, we need a way to decide who wins if two people die at the same time. I can't really think of a better way than one-stock, or sudden death, with the difference between them being time constraints, which aren't too much of an issue at these monthlies.

Revise it so sudden death is played out if the match is timed out plz? =D.
lol...the idea has merit, but you know this opens up a whole lot of other crap that's hard to deal with. I don't wanna see an MK down by two stocks start planking so he has a chance in sudden death.

except that wasnt a suicide suddendeath, they each kept losing and winning one and one stalk matches couldnt be played since lucario is gay, if bowser claws you off the stage then you deserve the loss.
There are no special rules needed for Bowser suicides. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxmK_JHvyYc - educate yourselves. If the Bowser fails to do this and complains about having to rematch, I'll just say no johns, should have delayed your death.

Yeah i'm from calgary and have been in toronto at university. This summer I'll be back though so i'll make it out to a handful of monthlies :bee::bee:
Awesome... looking forward to seeing you there ;D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
One-stock >>>>>> sudden death. In a situation like that, the outcome shouldn't be decided by whoever can get the first hit IMO. One stock just seems more legitimate, because if sudden death is allowed, there are a lot of ways to just exploit it (planking to wait for the bob-ombs comes to mind... >.>). Take it from somebody who's been in this situation in tournament before; TBH, if sudden death was in place, the outcome would've been stupid no matter what happened IMO. =P

brningpyre

Smash Lord
No, I KNOW those tie-breakers weren't simultaneous deaths. Duh~

What I was saying is that it will end up in a similar situation. If you actually read my post, I argued that if a suicide move (from whatever character) happened to be the killing move in a match, it's also likely to be used again.

The 'play an overtime' rule doesn't take into account that you could just do this again, and it would continue over and over again.

With that said, in reality it may not be that likely, but it's still a condition that could result in an indefinite set.

Jeez, guys. You just polarize the first few sentences of my posts, and then argue with that. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to an overtime being played, but I think we should be aware of the consequences of doing so. This is compared to having a set of rules governing specific suicide rules (with 'overtime' being the catch-all 'else' at the end) - though I agree with Mike that if the Bowser player screws up and doesn't jump at the end, then he doesn't deserve a win.

For example, a "When D3 suicides, "this" happens, when Kirby..." sort of thing. Regardless of what the actual end result the TO's agree on, this would guarantee that matches end after the last stock.

And Mike's point on playing Sudden Death for timeouts is valid. Don't do it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Wow, I missed that comment.

I'm sorry Darren, but we can't be partners anymore. D=<

LOL
Hey Darren, I heard a rumour that your neighbour lost her honour while in labour eating purple-colour grape-flavour.... popsicles
hahaha I hate you xD

It's really only color that gets to me though.
And honor :MAD:

T-block

B2B TST
Kirby and D3 are not an issue. It's already unlikely enough that the opponent breaks out so close to the blast zone that it results in sudden death, not to mention in sudden death your percentage is at 300% so you shouldn't be able to struggle out.

Bowser will win eventually if he keeps suiciding, and ganondorf will lose eventually. I see your point, but I don't see it as much of an issue. What would you propose we use then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom