• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rockland County NY Smashers

shadowflame

Smash Rookie
I live in nyack, and for those from the area, I'm sure you know about Alukards no johns. I basically started this thread because it seems to be the only local tourney in the area, thats not at least an hour and a half drive away, and it's only once a month (outside of Rom). I'm trying to get more practice..but also just generally enjoy the game and want more people to play with. Also on a related side note, I have a couple other people whod be interested (group of smashers) and would like to host a tourney, or be involved with one locally on a weekly basis if anyones interested andor more connected and wants to help set it up. The melee scenes taken off again which is nice and tourneys are still popping up, but spending 4 hours in the car there and back to enjoy playing on the weekend is not something I want to do on a weekly basis.

Last edited:

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
I already set up something similar in another thread but that's w.e. If you are trying to find people to play with weekly i am definitely down. i live in spring valley unfortunately >.<, and i have many people meet at my house for a lil smash fest of sorts. Who do you main, I've been trying to be an aggressive competitive player attending about 4 different tournaments since march , and to do so i gotta know different MUs. Also in regards to a weekly tourney in rockland (which seems to be non existent in "Wackland" county), i would like to help build upon that. If you and your friends are willing to hold weeklies at your house that is fine, but the last no johns Alukard mentioned something about trying to have weekly or bi-weeklies at toy wiz(or Rom site). Now i don't know if he couldn't accomplish this goal due to traveling complications(i believe hes from the city) or unavailability of space but i would like to try and make toy wiz be a regular meeting ground for smashers within the area. Also their is a Rockland county smasher Facebook page i believe but i would talk to Captain Smuckers for entrance into the page because i don't personally know anyone their and would like to not step on any toes.

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
also where the hell have you been going for tourneys. every tourney ive been to has been at most maybe an hour and fifteen minutes away. 4 hours there back is craaazzzy

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
i live in rockland county. i play smash wii u competitively and im trying to find more closer tourneys instead of always driving a half hour to jersey to compete. anyone play smash wii u competitively and know any place close or in rockland county that has these tourneys?

Top Bottom