• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swordsaint

Smash Master
Is there an official date yet? I'm all good from October first to the 18th if it's in October. Just gotta save up some flight money. =/ Hitting Melbourne twice in one year. Exciting.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
right, so this should be the big annual tourney, Melbourne huh? take the fight to them!
The biggest Melbourne tourney we've had? You bet. :) We're already in disucssions to try and have them involved with us in some way. They've already expressed interest in an alliance I believe.

Is there an official date yet? I'm all good from October first to the 18th if it's in October. Just gotta save up some flight money. =/ Hitting Melbourne twice in one year. Exciting.
I'll let everyone know when the date will be set. We'll find out in the next CW meeting after in a few weeks. It'll be wise just to keep that time period free for now.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Year 12 is nothing lol, just get a bad OP like I did, and still get into uni!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
year 12 is defs overrated. if you get into your course, no one cares about what your score was. if you miss out, then transfer a year later. no biggy.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I ***** at VCE (not talking like 99 or w/e but 90+) and I Smashed a ****-ton. Why can't people just be more amazing?

Ryan - I'll house you ***** - returning the favour

unreon

Smash Ace
I want to be here. Someone needs to house me, I'm not fracking flying in on Monday at 11pm only to fly out at 6am with no sleep the following Sunday.

(like at Rambo T_T)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sleep is for the weak, I plan to bum around and try not to get ***** throughout the night.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Can't wait for this!

I hope someone can house me ^^

Hope it's early in October =D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
As I keep saying to people, working hard in year 12 fosters valuable study habits. It conditions you for doing well at Uni. You can't just magically decide you're going to go awesome at Uni if it's not a habitual thing for you to study.

That's what I believe anyway, and I've seen the results for myself.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I can't house everyone, as much as I'd like to. I'll see what arrangements can be done when details become more concrete.

I could just organise a hotel room over the weekend like Sydney and let people from OOS crash. Crown Promenade, *****es.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
There are lots of people who get 99. That's why I changed my ENTER score aim to something higher....much higher.
-Yeah, it is good to aim high, I was aiming for around 99.3+ which I ended up not getting...
-But there aren't that many people who get 99 at all, there is 1% of people, when I did vce, there were 48,000 doing it, so to get a 99 let alone a high 99, you have to beat 47,520 people which is incredibly hard
-Some people make it look easy, and for some people it is easy to get 99...but don't underestimate it(unless you ace everything..especially english)
-I still think there is a bit too much luck, to get decent 99 scores u have so little room for error, I still remember screwing one section of my english paper, which took me down by atleast 0.25, all done within 25-30 mins

-But anyway, more on track, I think you can still play smash and get 99+
-You can still have a life and do well =)

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Nah, to get a scholarship for med you generally need a 99.95 + other stuff
-But I know a few friends who got a scholarship at some uni's other than monash/melb with enters below 90
-And I know that melb uni offers you an engineering one if you get 50 in physics

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Victorian Term Dates:

Term 1 2 February (students start) to 3 April - teachers begin Term 1 on 28 January
Term 2 20 April to 26 June (12 June will be a student free day)
Term 3 13 July to 18 September
Term 4 5 October to 18 December

I will make a bid for this to be hosted before October 5 in the next CW meeting. I think that's what they were leaning to anyway - mid-term breaks and whatnot.

I did Whites vs Asians crew battle before lol.

S.D

Smash Master
Everyone stop whining about year 12.

I did a week of study and got 97+

Imagine what you could do with 2 weeks...

Someone think about where I'm going to stay for me :)

Any nearby hostels Cao?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Here's to hilarious hostel moments in the future like flying dedus and bunk bed railings snapping with turtle falling on laptops!

Good times!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
There are plenty of hostels in the vicinity of the area. Ideal to base yourself in the CBD though as the Convent is only about 4 kms from it.

Top Bottom