• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swordsaint

Smash Master
That's an unfortunate circumstance. October 3rd and 4th was the best possible date for everyone imo.
Well I guess it could always be done in September, providing that Melbourne guys can get us to the airport late/early morning to get us where we need to be before we even get home on the late Sunday or early Monday?
Could be difficult though, depending on how willing you guys are.

I still vote for October, people in Victoria shouldn't actually have a problem with this, since it's MUCH easier for them to get home for the week ahead. So, yeah, while I'm sure out of staters would prefer October I personally could sort something out for September. It's a stretch however.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
You speak for everyone now do you?

September for me considering it's in holidays and isn't as close to exams

Also new Melty Blood was announced for August <3

swordsaint

Smash Master
Where it was necessary or possible to speak for everyone I said it was possible and "imo". Where it was ONLY relevant to me I said "I" or "me".

sheeeesh

Splice

Smash Hero
I cannot wait for this!!!
For me, september is better because its closer to now.
But i agree with Scott that it should suit interstate people because its harder for them, plus they
miss out more School/Uni.
Yay for there being Melty Blood.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Booking dates for October 3-4 have fallen though. We have two other options at the moment, both listed in the title of this thread. Which weekend do people prefer?
Aw that's a shame.

Well I vote for September 26-27 then.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Random Stage List:

* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

* Dream Land: Green Greens
* DK Island: Jungle Japes
* F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
* Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
* Lylat System: Corneria
* Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle
* Mushroom Kingdom II
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
I've never ever heard of dreamland fountain of dreams...

Kongo Jungle is Doubles... and Rainbow cruise is imba. May as well put in green greens and corneria and i can play fox all tourney.

Afropony

Smash Lord
If we only want to sign up for Brawl does that mean that we have to pay for melee as well?

I would probably rather this to be from September 26-27 mainly because this is during the holidays and probably means that if I'm still competing I won't have to be home as early.

Splice

Smash Hero
is it possible you can only pay half the price, if you go for one day?
I might only be allowed to go on Sunday unless i can change my parents' minds over the
Next couple of months... which i think i can, but just in case, i am asking this question.

@Afropony why WOULDNT you go for Melee as well? Just because you're not Pro at it, like Brawl.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Because it's likely I'll have something else on during the two days that this tournament will be hosted. I wouldn't mind going to melee but I would still rather play Brawl.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If we only want to sign up for Brawl does that mean that we have to pay for melee as well?

I would probably rather this to be from September 26-27 mainly because this is during the holidays and probably means that if I'm still competing I won't have to be home as early.
I'm charging a flat $30 for anyone wishing to enter any smash tournament. If you decide to play Brawl only, your money effectively goes into the Brawl pot, since the payouts will be proportionate to the number of entrants that enter each game.

It's $30 over 2 days, and there's a ton of Brawl to be played, I can promise you that!

Dates update:

The original plan to stick with the October 3-4 date may still go ahead as planned, but in an alternative venue in the Convent grounds. It has a capacity for 300 people so it's still huge.

Dedu

Smash Lord
May be able to come to this...
Most of my Money will have been gone for the trip to Europe :(

But still I wanna see Melb all over again!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You still haven't done enough Northside exploring Stu!

Brunswick/Fitzroy/Collingwood is the new 'it' suburb when it comes to hipsters. So over Chapel St

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
Guess what IGIFS coming to rocky, that means a few of you are getin schooled but anyway, but you hold my hand around melbourne right cao ?

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'll see if any WA peeps wanna come to this.

After all, we are yet to meet up with anyone in the East.

Oh, and I happen to have a capture card to record tourney matches if I end up going.

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
Stay longer this time alright! :D

lol all the sydney smashers should go on one flight to be awesome, lol i could room with you cao :chuckle:
but hold on , I AM TRYING TO CONVICE BEN TO COME but he doesnt know if can afford it so if he cant does anyone wanna have like a back up team tag parter for melee, and when i say that i mean someone quite competant, not like a brawl player, how bout you CAO ?? lol

Dedu

Smash Lord
lol all the sydney smashers should go on one flight to be awesome
That is possible if we all booked our flight tickets at least two months before the tourney
Then again, most people (inc myself) tend to book at least a week before the event XD
...Just realised the Quick Reply cannot accept quote only responses so yeah, 10 CHARIZARDS.

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
HEY CAO AND EMILY WANNA BE THE NEW AND UPCOMEING MEMBERS OF THE HORNSBY CREW, THIS IS A ONE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE....cause im good now, i relized i wasnt good enough to play fox well, so than i learnt but than im like, wait fox isnt manly enough for me SO NOW I MAIN CAPTAIN FALCONs and bens not bad either but i can have him killed if you wanna have syke in the crew :chuckle:

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
HEY CAO AND EMILY WANNA BE THE NEW AND UPCOMEING MEMBERS OF THE HORNSBY CREW, THIS IS A ONE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE....cause im good now, i relized i wasnt good enough to play fox well, so than i learnt but than im like, wait fox isnt manly enough for me SO NOW I MAIN CAPTAIN FALCONs and bens not bad either but i can have him killed if you wanna have syke in the crew :chuckle:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
There's still no confirmation yet, but the very original dates we looked at are still being investigated. I'll make a confirmation when it's all ready.

September was advised against in a committee meeting because it's Grand Final season and flights and accomodation are guaranteed to spike. It's of no help to the interstaters when their costs have to double because of it.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Ah okay, cheers for the clarification. In that case, it looks like I'm hoping for it to be on October 3-4 again. I look forward to a confirmation. :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
any later than oct 3-4 and all the high school peeps don't come (don't come get it rofl i'm so **** good)
any earlier and the interstaters have to cough up more money

if it's not oct3-4 then RUUUUUH roh

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
Im writing a song that somes up the dyney smash boards , i could bring a guitar or a paino and play and sing it at rocky its a racsist, wait no its not racsist at all, its brawlcist ahhahaha

IGIF.PAIN

Smash Apprentice
IGIF Gtfo Seriously. Nobody likes you.

Hopefully QLD can field a good side this tourney. By which i mean. Me and Chris.

what the **** ?

....... FALCON DITTTO *****......

i hope you have some lube......cause your about to get *****

Dedu

Smash Lord
IGIF > SHAYA
SYKE > SHAYA

THEREFORE

IGIF >= SYKE。

OH WAIT...
IGIF >>> SYKE BECAUSE OF LAST POST.

BUT JUGSIES >>> IGIF IN FOR  THE LULZ

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
still dunno when im going to japan... so at this point im just gonna say the earlier the better... for melbournes sake :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Do I smell a staged Melbourne vs Sydney crew battle?

If we go ahead with this, we need to produce a Victorian Captain and a NSW Captain. Rules to be explained later.

Other states will join in once they field the numbers, but Melbourne vs. Sydney is guaranteed. Brawl and Melee.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yea but shaya kinda lost me when at dont come, he put pat and jaz into the interstate crew (both of whom are **** melee players but not so good at brawl, in face I reckon they didnt even want to be in the interstate crew) when he could have put in better players like tedeth, whom he didnt put in for personal reasons.

now I know its not really a big deal but still, personal reasons arnt good reasons to leave really good players out.
no offence intended to pat jaz or shaya.

SD on the other hand, is a mad dog and is **** at everything.

Top Bottom