• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I haven't played smash 64 in ages, you know that CAO.

And the reason Genesis ended up in hotel rooms wasn't because of best of five sets.

No Smash 64 as a safeguard. Whatever amount Shaya has played recently is irrelevant. ;)

Oh, and I didn't say Genesis ended up in hotel rooms because the sets were best of 5 in finals. Only: "Brawl sets can take a long time, if the outcome is something like a 2-1 set win from behind with all 5 matches played." I've seen it happen. I'd rather avoid the worst, but we should have the time.

Oct 3-4 are busy days to book out venue space. Oct 10-11 is free and I've made the tentative booking for that.

There's a meeting on Tuesday which will finalise everything giving people about 2.5 months to make the appropriate arrangements for leave/flights/accommodation.

And soon following that, I'll revamp all the info I have.

Scrubs

Smash Lord

Oct 3-4 are busy days to book out venue space. Oct 10-11 is free and I've made the tentative booking for that.

There's a meeting on Tuesday which will finalise everything giving people about 2.5 months to make the appropriate arrangements for leave/flights/accommodation.

And soon following that, I'll revamp all the info I have.
No no no don't change it...

I can't come if its the 10/11th

Zero

Smash Hero
America and even Perth rep! Rocky for best 09 tournament.

So what's up with crews? Is it state crews or just one big crew vs Melbourne or..?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
But... I think a lot more people would be happier with the split rather than them intertwined with each other.
I prefer being intertwined...go ahead quote me out of context now. :bee:

*pointless stuff*

-No point playing Smash 64 when there are SOOOOOO many better N64 games out there. SO MANY.
-2nd Hotdogs notion of QLD being made of win (not me though loool :lick: )

Either way, see yas all then. Will be great fun! Catch up with lots o cool people.
Stop posting pointless arguing and one liners people :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if bardull comes your all gonna get *****, but if bardull is amazing then his mom is off the charts, she even has a smashboards acount ;)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Getting a bit troll in here.

Melty kids. Fear my 4.5k Sion combo. Ooooooooo.

DJ for president of everything. Smash 64 is **** compared to MARIO TENNIS 64.

Doubles titles ftw. If Arrow comes I demand a touranment. To honor some kind of Tennis tournament.

I'm good either days-weeks, go nuts.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
No no no don't change it...

I can't come if its the 10/11th
Duuuuuude, you gatta come on the 10/11th! That's when the International Arts Festival is on! You'd have a ballin' time with all the events and parties down here, guaranteed

And of course I will initiate hotel party, it'll be madt dog

--

Sup Canadans!

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Duuuuuude, you gatta come on the 10/11th! That's when the International Arts Festival is on! You'd have a ballin' time with all the events and parties down here, guaranteed

And of course I will initiate hotel party, it'll be madt dog

--

Sup Canadans!
Im going to a different Rocky... on the 10/11th

Rockhampton, for Uni and I absolutely have to be there :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
SmashHobo penthouse!

Needing donations from the community:
- One super large tent
- Lots of beanbags
- A hammock for Shaya, and another for CAO, and as many extra hammocks as required by anyone else.
- Love <3

Secret shiznitch that will be epic at the mad rave party venue CAO has :D

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
The venue I have for Rocky is literally geographical perfection...
i knew it

dandenong ranges smash nationals here we go
pine cone melee on saturday
coconut brawl on sunday
rave parties each night in the forest

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
First post updated!

Read carefully!

Visitors! Get your flights and get HYPE.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Wow that's soooo epic to have a hotel as the venue =D

How much does it cost to stay in a cheap room though, I can't find the price for it...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OK ~ I've done a little research for people. Rates are for 1 night from the 10th to the 11th of October:

Victoria Hotel - $130 Standard Economy Room 1 Double Bed
Westin Hotel - $295 Standard Room 2 Single Beds
Greenhouse Backpacker - $28 per person

Also did flights for people travelling to Melbourne:
Tiger Airways:
Adelaide - $56 Return
Sydney - $78 Return
Gold Coast - $126 Return
Sunshine Coast - $176 Return
Perth - $256 Return

C~Dog

Smash Champion
OK ~ I've done a little research for people. Rates are for 1 night from the 10th to the 11th of October:

Victoria Hotel - $130 Standard Economy Room 1 Double Bed
Westin Hotel - $295 Standard Room 2 Single Beds
Greenhouse Backpacker - $28 per person

Also did flights for people travelling to Melbourne:
Tiger Airways:
Adelaide - $56 Return
Sydney - $78 Return
Gold Coast - $126 Return
Sunshine Coast - $176 Return
Perth - $256 Return
Man sucks to be an OoS, huh =O

Zero

Smash Hero
Wowow, $78 for return, that's impressive. I'm going to look into times now.

I can't wait for this, HYPE GET.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
man why dont i get some heaps sick intro like cao and stuff do

mines just like "cause he can"
screw that, should be something like

"This guys a total beast, wins TF2 grand finals while benching 500kg and fighting 2 dragons and a lion, also invented the sun and helped jesus invent water"

Browny

Smash Hater
lol tiger. Ive heard wayyyyy too many bad things in the press + personal experiences about them before id consider taking flights @ those prices with them

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Out of the 3 times I've bought Tiger flights, I've only end up going on 1 and hating it. It does the job though, if you can tough it out and be well prepared.

The message is, you get what you pay for!

Zero

Smash Hero
Out of the 3 times I've bought Tiger flights, I've only end up going on 1 and hating it. It does the job though, if you can tough it out and be well prepared.

The message is, you get what you pay for!
Well huh. No worries, Qantas has cheaper flights than Jetstar for that date anyway, by around $30, return, so that looks like a good option :)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Just remember Qantas is the only airline to have never crashed and that will decide for you.

Spend money when you go out.

Stop being so cheap lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
**Update!**

The Low Tier Bonus

If you can’t/won’t tier ***** yourself to victory, you may as well just try your hand in our new low tier stakes. The highest placed exclusively low tier competitor will win the Low Tier Bonus of $100. Sell-outs don’t win everything here!

This bonus applies to the final Double Elimination Bracket only (Not pools). Low Tier eligibility based off Australian Brawl Tournament Data. Eligible Characters: Peach, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Zelda/Sheik, Jigglypuff, Ike, Mario, Yoshi, Samus, Luigi, Link, Captain Falcon, Bowser.

Dodgeball – Defend the King

Melee***s vs. Brawltards.

To start off, you need to pick which side you identify with (you may only pick one). To get team sizes as balanced as possible I may re-distribute players to fit accordingly. If you hate Melee with a passion, rest assured you’ll never be in the Melee team. If you like both games, you are most likely subject to side-switching where I see fit.

Next, we need to assign the ultimate Melee*** and the ultimate Brawltard. They will become your captain or kings, whichever you prefer to identify them as (King Brawltard has a nice ring to it). It is your team’s job to defend the King within the usual limitations of Dodgeball. You may sacrifice yourself to protect your king, but doing so will shrink the size of your team once you are eliminated. If you catch a ball on the full, you eliminate the thrower. Your team loses if the King is hit by a Dodgeball.

This game of Dodgeball is designed to determine which game is better; whichever team wins in a set of three is the better game.

Top Bottom