• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolla Monthly II ft. Dart, Darkatma, Jace, etc.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1st place usually doesn't get 70%, Karl. It's usually 60/30/10. & when you get to pot splits like that with only a ~$100 pot you're really spreading the $ for top 3 thin.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I can pay back the few bucks I shouldn't have gotten, you don't have to pay out of pocket strong bad

okay shoutouts

Dart- even though you showed up and took all our lunch money I'm really glad you came lol, congrats. You've gotten way better and I was particularly impressed at how effectively and often you tech-chase with marth

Darkatma- :mad: I don't choke you just play really well on your last stock. Okay maybe I do a little lol

Cookiemonsta- ggs dude, your falco was looking really good that third match of ours. Keep it up!

Zantetsu- you beat strong bad and I missed it! I'm glad you're seeing the results of your work. Always great seein ya

Strong Bad- great job hosting and recording! Falcon dk for the win

Big E- I didn't play you at all :(

Brawlpro- ggs in pools, your fox is pretty fast

Pyro- was really fun traveling with you, really glad you came along. Your epic 2v1 comeback was sooooo close!

Terrence- yeah like I said you've gotten a lot better, no joke. I just remembered you did a random somersault at the venue that made me lol inside

Daniel the Seraph- nice to meet you dude, ggs in pools

King Siegfried- was cool to meet you for the first time too, our friendlies right after the tourney were pretty fun

Fred- ggs in doubles, this game is ridiculously tough when you're first starting out. Hope to see you again!

Saffy- if you hadn't gotten mjg to go, I probably wouldn't have gone, so thanks for that. And apparently you're better than mjg good job ><

Tim- ggs man, I hope you had a fun time. Both you and Fred have real potential

Triple J- was happy I got to meet you, if you ever are visiting kc on a saturday hit us up at massive smash!

Quote- Bowser FTW lol! It was great talking to you on the ride there and back, you should hang with us at massive's more

Mjg- was really fun traveling with you and thanks for cheering me on, we'll have to do it again sometime

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Real man shoutouts:

Dart!: I'm sooo glad you were able to come, man. Easily one of my favorite Marth players to watch/play against. You're such an ******* for throwing set 1 of Grand Finals for fun/Fox experience tho; we coulda done crews MAN. GGs, you've gotten so good. Easily top 5 Marth player right now. Thanks a lot for helping me clear my head after I lost to Zantetsu, I feel that it really helped me later on in the tournament. Our seriously set/Iron Man/hours of friendlies after the tourney was over were really enjoyable. I really wish I had beaten Zantetsu so we could have had a real tournament set. I think you probably would have won, but the result wasn't certain, and it would have been a great set. Ah well. :p Also your commentary is funny as hell, but don't ever do that again while I'm playing or imma DQ you. :mad:
Darkatma: Good **** on 2nd (in both Singles & Doubles). Dart's really good :/. Like I said earlier sorry about what happened w/ the payout splits, it was my fault. I really want to play you in tournament sometime soon. I think it'd be a really good set. & I'll agree that the tourney was a bit inefficient. We started late because of people showing up late and I'm not so experienced as a TO yet, plus playing in the tourney yourself means that's a lot of time you can't spend focusing on TOing... I'll try to do better next time. =)
Jace: You're so ****ing good. I'm mad at you for being sooo dumb at the end of that game against Atma. You better 3-0 him next time. :mad: Thanks so much for teaming with me! I think you're better at doubles than I am but it seems like we have some pretty good team synergy after teaming a bunch over the past couple years. If we're both at a tourney we should definitely team together IMO; it appears to be working out well haha. :D I don't think I'll ever be able to beat you in tournament at this rate... I guess I just suck at the Falcon match-up. I'll work on it. See ya in 2 weeks!
Cookiemonsta: I'm so glad to finally see you place as well as I think your skill should allow you to place. Brawlpro vs. you shouldn't have been a round 1 match-up, but losing to Zantetsu in pools hurt your seeding. Just the way it goes I guess. :( You're such a beast for tearing through losers, though. Gotta play so many more people to get a similar placing when you start in Loser's. Wish I had beaten Jace (LOLZ CUZ THAT'S LIKELY) or Zantetsu so we could have met in bracket, I think it'd be a great set. BTW thanks so much for helping me set up, move TV's, tear down stuff, etc. I wouldn't have been able to run this tourney without you.
Zantetsu: FLKDFLSKDFKLJDFkkdfLJK I'm so mad at myself for being so stupid in our set. Good **** beating me though, you've been improving steadily since June. Glad you guys could make it! :)
Strong Bad: You have potential but you suck. Step it up & get top 3 next time. And stop sucking against Falcon. It's a 60-40 match-up, you scrub!
Big E: Thanks a ton for helping me out during setup and such. Also good **** beating Terrence! He's pretty decent.
Brawlpro: Chokepro WTF man? I feel so lame winning that set because of that... the last game was so intense. You're sooo good. I better see you & more of St. Louis at future monthlies. :D
Pyroty: It was great seeing you again! It had been so long haha. Your Fox is still pretty good especially considering the rust, you should really play again. Melee's too good. :) GG's in singles & doubles, hope to see you again during Thanksgiving break when darkrain's in town.
Terrence: Shoutouts to randomly asking me about my sexuality at a tournament.
Daniel the Seraph: Ganon's soooo broken, I swear he is! THANK YOU for convincing Dart to come, he made the tourney sooo much better than it would have been. Let me know when the rest of Columbia are ready to play again. I'll be waiting.
King Siegfried: Cmon man get better at the Sheik match-up! You need to stop losing to Sheik so you can place where you belong. GGs in our set, game 2 was really close.
Fred & Tim: You guys are pretty good for how short a time you've been playing. Don't give up, and I hope you two learned a lot from this tournament. You have one of the best players in the region right next to you to help you along the way; don't waste that opportunity.
Saffy: Thanks for donating so much money to the Brawl pot. >.< I feel kinda bad about it because so few people came. Also, I am so mad that you didn't save like any of the replays where I won... I need to build up my Brawl Pikachu rep! and stop sandbagging against me in tournament, I shouldn't be taking games off of you and it won't help my AMAZING PIKACHU get better.
Triple J: Thanks for teaming with me in Brawl lol. We're so good.
Quote: Really sorry that you were the only person that didn't make it out of pools... 32-man bracket with 17 entrants is ugly. Would have happened to you, Triple J, Saffy, or Tim and that's just how the pools happened. Also GGs in Brawl singles. I don't really play the game seriously so my opinion probably doesn't matter much but you seemed pretty decent to me. Pokémon Stadium 1's ledges are ******** in that game tho. :salt:

EnSiS: Sooooo aggro! I didn't get to play your TL but you pushed my **** in pretty hard w/ MK in that friendly. D: You're so good at that game haha. Thanks a bunch for driving here with Melee people; it was great to see Quote, Pyroty and Jace again, and win doubles with Jace. :denzel: I hope you do pick up Melee, it's a really good game in my opinion and your skills in Brawl would transfer over well after you learn tech skill/game mechanics.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you didn't enter singles, I c/pd it from the singles results XD

Terry

Smash Ace
Dart! - Didn't get to chat with you much but grats

Darkatma - I really wanted to play both you and Dart! more than anyone else but didn't get to. I played just about everyone else though. =[ It's mainly because I was kinda tired at the end of the day and we also left a little early.

Jace - Thanks for the friendlies and saying that I've been getting better. I really want to try because of that. Really awesome combos on me too. I'm sad that you didn't get first. I was rooting for you man.

Cookiemonsta - Wtf, nice placing man! I honestly thought I was kind of close to your skill but I think this proves me wrong. We will definitely get some good games in next time I see you.

Zantetsu - Good job beating Strong Bad. I'm so glad I get to play you every week. Did what I said to you really help you? Let's definitely try and go over things while we play on the weekends!

Strong Bad - We didn't play but I would've beaten you anyways. And yea, I'm weird like that.

Big E - Your campy style is so annoying and hard to play against. And I hate Sheik dittos so much. Thanks for teaming in Brawl even though we lost money lol.

Brawlpro - Really unique fox. Very fun to play you. Hope to play again man. Thanks for the add on fb.

Pyroty - Good job taking us out in teams even though we took you out in pools.

Terrence - Hey sexy ;)

Daniel the Seraph - When I really start spacing well its very easy to stay ahead at times. You were doing better though. I'm sure if you stick with Ganon you can beat me.

King Siegfried - You are really good at keeping the pressure on when you have the advantage. I have a good amount of peach experience too. I really like playing your peach.

Fred - Good to meet you and play. Keep coming back with darkatma if you can!

Saffy - I would really love to hang out sometime! You live so far though. It was good to see you. Oh, and your hair was very cute. Thanks for hug and thanks for being so generous and nice! Great to have a good friend like you :)

Tim - Good games dude. Keep it up man I think you have potential.

Triple J - I saw you sleeping with Donkey Kong.

Quote - Keep with it man. You seem to get down when you're behind. It's very important that you always have a positive attitude! You play both games pretty well. If you focused on one it may be easier. Nice tippers lol you had like 18 on me

Mjg - Nice to meet you! I saw you at BTEH2 but we never got to play. Thanks for the tips and the friendlies. I really like playing people better than me. So fun! Thanks for the hugs too! :)

Wretched - Maybe second Peach or Falcon for some matchups? We really need to work more on team work either way. Also, enter singles more. It's just way better than friendlies because people tend to play more seriously. We did pretty good though.

Sorry for forgetting to pay for brawl singles. I will definitely pay it back! >_<

Great tourney guys! Let's do it again sometime. ^_^

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'll back Strong Bad up on the fact that a bonus pot really makes things hard for payouts. Even at MIST there was an $85 dollar error. Luckily in that case though the extra money went to the players, and the venue didn't mind at all being short the cash. To fix the problem though, I think Terrence should just have to give me $5. That would even out his entry and me not getting paid for 4th last time...LOL. Just kidding. I seriously don't mind at all not getting five bucks. I think me and Roman got our money back taking 3rd in teams anyways that time.

I'm very happy to see Roman beating good players. dmac and now Strong Bad? The kid is legit. Roman you have no excuse if you lose to Akuma again :)

Also good job to CookieMonsta! You are getting a lot better too! We had such a close set at the last Pathways, I'm sure if I had came to this I would have got *****.

Jace, you didn't let anybody down bro. Dart and Atma are amazing, and you are too.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE VIDS!!!

MJG

Smash Hero
MJG: :D Thank you so much for coming down! I really appreciate it. I had a great time meeting you and hanging out with you. I hope you can come down again sometime! ughh you are so good at this game LOL... BUT.... Get ***** in random singles <3 and our Melee team is too good.

Man **** you...only person to beat me in random :\...you got some BS luck tho (Ganon vs DDD? smh).

Mjg- was really fun traveling with you and thanks for cheering me on, we'll have to do it again sometime
Yea man, you are always good company. Gotta hit yall up in the future for tourneys n sht.

EnSiS: Sooooo aggro! I didn't get to play your TL but you pushed my **** in pretty hard w/ MK in that friendly. D: You're so good at that game haha. Thanks a bunch for driving here with Melee people; it was great to see Quote, Pyroty and Jace again, and win doubles with Jace. :denzel: I hope you do pick up Melee, it's a really good game in my opinion and your skills in Brawl would transfer over well after you learn tech skill/game mechanics.
LOL YOU WOULD XD. I am probably gonna stick with melee..was really frustrating to try and learn the simple things that jace was teaching with me but ill get the hang of it eventually.

Mjg - Nice to meet you! I saw you at BTEH2 but we never got to play. Thanks for the tips and the friendlies. I really like playing people better than me. So fun! Thanks for the hugs too! :)
lmao...idk why we bonded like that but we did *extra homo...I never mind helping someone out...especially when they ask for it. Fun games man.

Ight...shoutouts but before I start, I just wanna say that I already knew I was bad at melee but I had no idea HOW BAD I was since saffy entered me into melee XD

Also, if I am owed money, its really not a big deal (even if I lived in rolla). I had fun and we are human...so mistakes will be made :)

Saffy Hefty Whore: Thanks for teaming with me. Props to you for sending me to losers ;D. It was nice to finally meet you. Thanks for the brownies and everything else ;o...these posers can't handle our link/young link team.

Strong Bad: Thanks for hosting man. I will most likely stick with melee like I said...ill figure out something

Jace: Thanks for driving back to KC for me! I really appreciate it. Thanks for teaching me melee...im so bad LOL. Gotta kick it with you again.

Quote: Never give up. Lesson learned ;o

Pyro: You are a really fun/chill guy. Glad to meet ya. Lol @ that tree house.

Dart!: I think it was dart (or whoever won melee) who gave me a compliment and his CHICKEN! Real funny guy lmao

Doraneko: You are something else lmfao. Good stuff man

JJJ: ggs man :)

Rolla: looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

WE OUT!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MJG + EnSiS was perhaps the greatest team I have ever witnessed.

afk

Steam

Smash Hero
holy crap things happen in rolla.

I have family there and visit pretty much yearly. I will be on the lookout for stuff like this next time I'm around

Saffy

Smash Ace
Saffy- if you hadn't gotten mjg to go, I probably wouldn't have gone, so thanks for that. And apparently you're better than mjg good job ><
Yeah Averil sucks ;]. NAH LOL I only won because of match-ups... we were playing on random in winners semi's. He's like the most amazing brawl player to me lol. He's so good and plays very smart. By far the best person I've played in person.
Yeah you should tell Averil to come down more or maybe to Springfield sometime. I told him I'd help with Gas money so yeah don't be afraid to ask me for help if you have that problem. It'd be really nice to see Kansas again :]
I really want to plan to go up to Kansas sometime though... so I really should think about it.
I just feel bad for quote and Averil coming all the way for a small bracket ...
But you should really teach Averil some Melee.. XD he has tons of potential with it I see it.

Saffy: Thanks for donating so much money to the Brawl pot. >.< I feel kinda bad about it because so few people came. Also, I am so mad that you didn't save like any of the replays where I won... I need to build up my Brawl Pikachu rep! and stop sandbagging against me in tournament, I shouldn't be taking games off of you and it won't help my AMAZING PIKACHU get better.
It's okay most of the players bailed, I just think we need better advertising somehow.
Sorry I wasn't really playing very well at the end.. I also have a problem where I lose interest or just not try. :( No food and sleep really was taking a toll on me. My anxiety was non existent yesterday though so I felt great in that aspect. :]
Though I do actually want to start using ZSS so it was good practice. I'm kinda losing the spark I used to have with DK.. Just most match-ups are dumb :/ I hate having to actually try really hard to just make up for the disadvantages he has with almost more than half of the roster.

PS A present for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9tZcE88OlI

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
-_____ -;

Who did MJG and Saffy use? I kinda have an idea already, but I can't take any chances.

Brawl Singles

1: MJG ($65.00) :what do you think:
2: Saffy ($25.00) :sandbag:
3: Triple J ($10.00) :diddy:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
they used random chars. if you want to do stuff for your silly money project put Toon Link and DK/Zero Suit Samus.

Saffy

Smash Ace
-_____ -;

Who did MJG and Saffy use? I kinda have an idea already, but I can't take any chances.
Ummm I used a diff character every match xD

MJG: :metaknight: :toonlink:
Saffy: :zerosuitsamus: :dk2: :toonlink:
Triple J: :diddy: :snake:
Terrence: :gw: :falco: ??

Also for melee I used: :link2:

And Triple J uses :peach: in Melee I believe.

Terry

Smash Ace
I also played Peach, Metaknight, Luigi, Mario, Fox and I forgot who I got when I went random

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
I just wanna say shoutouts to Pyroty for the most fun friendlies I've ever had in a tourney!
Shout(outs/backs?):

Cookiemonsta - Was awesome meeting you, and those friendlies were indeed too good, dittos ftw, Lol. Also, ggs in the bracket, I really thought we'd go 1-1 judging by the friendlies, but once you went serious mode my rusty skillz were no match, haha. :cool:

MJG - Thanks a ton for making it possible for me to come out to this, it's been waayyy too long since I've traveled to a tourny. You're a pretty cool dude, was fun traveling with you. Also, I wanted to say thanks again for the detour to my house on the trip back, I really appreciate it. I really didn't want to make my narcoleptic girlfriend drive 15 mins south to wait for us in a shady part of town at 4:00 am...

Jace - Thank you so much for posting about this in our thread even though it was short notice, was awesome getting to travel again. Also thanks for the conversation on the way back, I was so close to passing out, and I know that would've been bad times for you. Lol

Zantetsu - You! Thanks for being awesome enough to inspire me to come to this tournament on a whim, Lol. Hope to make it out to more of these for sure. =) Was super fun getting to play you again, and teaming with you was awesome. You guys need to come down to KC sometime!

Strong Bad - Thanks for hosting a super fun tourny man, was good getting to see you again. Also, props on becoming a very polished DK player, I can officially say you're considerably better than me... for now!! Lol

Big E - Was cool getting to see and play you again, was kind of surprised you didn't recognize me at first, but then you reminded me why, LOL. GGs in pools. =)

Dart! - Was nice meeting you, you're marth is toooo good, and some of the commentary was even better. XD "The Mc**** is back and he's lovin' it." - Lmao

Darkatma - GGs in the bracket, after that first match I knew none of my mains would suffice, so I went Samus for fun, didn't expect it to throw you off at all really, worked better than I had anticipated, granted you're first 10 seconds SD... but still! Lol, was a fun game for sure.

Brawlpro - Wish I would've got to play you more earlier in the day when I was at least warmed up and had some of the rust polished off lol. GGs though still, you're fox is awesomely technical.

Fred & Tim - Was cool getting to meet and play both of you, GGs in the bracket Tim, you really threw me off my game for a little bit there I think the first match. Try not to rely too much on your grab game! ( Although don't disregard is either, it seems very polished ) Once I figured out you were, it was pretty easy to counter it.

Quote - Was fun traveling with you man, and good meeting you! Your sleepyness was hilarious on the way back, Loll. You need to come to Massive's on saturdays!!!

Saffy - It was nice meeting you, didn't really talk to you much, but you seem like a really cool person. Also, thanks for giving MJG more incentive to come out! That makes you in part responsible for my ability to make it out to this! =D

Dart!

Smash Master
Shoutouts!

Gohan/Sheriff/Seraph/my son: Thanks for riding with me/teaming/telling me about this tourney Daniel, miss you and can't wait to smash again man!

Atma: It was good seeing you again, and playing. sorry that set 1 GF was hella sandbags but i can't play fox dittos in tourney seriously i guess. GGs and hopefully we can play again soon

Jace: What happened?! We were destined for Winners/Grand Finals dude! GGs in the money match, hope to see you soon.

Strong Bad: Thanks for the tourney adam, it was great. DK is ridiculous, teams for SMYM? :D
P.S. MARTH IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROKEN I SWEAR HE IS

Cookiemonsta: Thanks for the housing karl, fairy tale is legit. Friendlies were tight too.

Zantetsu: Dang...didn't expect you to beat Strong Bad, nice work!

Fred: Sheik is a tough character to use...don't give up.

Tim: Marth, also tough character to use...same as above.

Sieg: HD was sooooo long ago. glad to see you're still playing. keep it up.

Saffy: Melee is a demanding and fast paced game. it's tough to get into. thanks for showing support though

MJG: You're welcome for the chicken and seriously you're better at brawl than you give yourself credit for yo!

Brawlpro: Good to see you again man, don't go away for so long next time please? :/

DoraNeko: Did we play?

Sinister: You're bad.
Akuma: you're bad.

Lain: you're sexy

Final thoughts: Wow, crazy tourney for how small it was. I was having a good time the whole way through, good to see you all again. Keep playin melee. it's too good.
My commentary is ok.
Peace

Top Bottom