• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolla Monthly V Get Smashed after Smash?

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Mid-MO Discussion Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299461

Venue

Name: Thomas Jefferson Residence Hall, South Lounge
Address: 202 W 18th Street, Rolla, MO 65401

Parking

There are two parking lots. Whichever one you enter, after entering head in the opposite direction of the front desk. You should see some elevators on your right after going a bit; once you see them, look to your left. We're in the furthest end of the south lounge (sections B and C).
If you need help finding it ask the attendant at the front desk or call or text me at: 314-941-8025

Events/Entry Fee details

There will be NO VENUE FEE this time since I'm feeling generous
Entry fee is $5 per person per event. Bring your own controller.
Singles will definitely happen ($5). Teams will most likely happen if we get enough interest. If there's a fee for doubles, it'll be $10 per team ($5 per player).
Regardless of whether or not there's an entry fee, you're free to play as many friendlies as you want even if you don't enter. Tournament sets take priority over friendlies, however, so if you're asked to get off of a setup for a tournament match, do so.

General Rules

This IS a college campus. Don't bring drugs or alcohol or things like that unless you plan on sharing. If you have to smoke or something, do it outside.
If you need housing till the next morning, give me a call and I'll hook you up with something.
I'll think of more later.

Rulesets

[collapse=Melee Ruleset]
Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals
  • Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Counterpick:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.

Doubles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Counterpick:
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
  • DK Island: Jungle Japes
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each team gets 2 stage bans.
  • For Best of 5 sets, each team gets 1 stage ban.

General Rules

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  • Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Semi-Finals and Finals sets are best of 5 matches.
  • Either player may request that Pause is set to off. This request cannot be denied.
  • Blind Picks: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each player’s choice of character for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
  • Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Gentleman's clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
  • Wobbling is legal. Wobbling or performing any other infinite past 250%, however, is considered stalling, and is not legal. Dispose of your opponent before then.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
  • 250% infinite limit is in effect for Doubles as well. Don't be a douchebag and infinite an opponent excessively in a 2v1 situation.
How to Play a Set

1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
  2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order. For example, striker one strikes 1 stage, striker two strikes 2 stages, then striker one strikes 1 more stage and the resulting stage that's left is played on.
  3. The players play the first match of the set.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The next match is played.
  9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
[/collapse]

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
looks cool, I'll see what I can do
do you guys know of any mass transportation to get here? like a bus or train?
expected turnout?
edit-hi bill_cosby
this was my old counter-strike spray that you reminded me of

any locals going to this gunna be combusting cannabis? I will want people to smoke with and a safe place to do so at. bonus points if you have a bong or vape
-tomacawk

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Oh, the 28th? Well, this looks likely. I'll talk with the crew.

Edit: Unless someone else can drive, I don't know if I can make it. I really want to, but my car has been giving me some issues lately just as I'm about to move out. I really don't want to put the extra miles on it and have it break down when I finally get everything situated after the move to Springfield. So, as of now, I won't be able to take anybody from Springfield until I'm more secure, which will probably be June or July.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Oh, the 28th? Well, this looks likely. Unless someone else can drive, I don't know if I can make it. I really want to, but my car has been giving me some issues lately...
It would be really freaking cool if you and the other Springfield bros could come. But I understand if you can't make it though. No pressure.

do you guys know of any mass transportation to get here? like a bus or train?
expected turnout?
I will want people to smoke with and a safe place to do so at. bonus points if you have a bong or vape
-tomacawk
I'm certain St. Louis has a MegaBus or something that leaves near downtown, But I'm unsure about prices/websites.

Turnout? If everyone I've invited comes, we should get 16+
Lastly, I don't know anyone here that smokes. I'll ask a couple people if they'd mind getting smashed after smash with you, but as of right now, assume there's no one.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
don't know if you should proudly display 5 out of 6 of those, with one of them being questionably okay
not that I'm making a judgment call or anything
don't know why you talk to me or judge me with your narrow mind
you seriously stalk me on youtube and smashboards, taking every possible opportunity to try to put me down. do you think I give a **** what you think about me? I will never be a slave to your opinion, and you have never had and will never have any power over me
really, it's funny to me how far out of your way you go to talk **** on me

Lastly, I don't know anyone here that smokes. I'll ask a couple people if they'd mind getting smashed after smash with you, but as of right now, assume there's no one.
I have no interest in getting smashed, merely trying to consult the herbal goddess

here binyan, before I ignore you let me try to broaden your horizons. Here are reasons that my life is substantially more fulfilled than yours:
pantheist-the understanding (not belief) that everything is connected, the whole cannot exist without the part and the part cannot exist without the whole. We are a way for the universe to know itself. Divinity is located within every plant, animal, fungus, etc. Pantheist viewpoints are also expressed by taoists, buddhists, and hindus, and jains, some of the few religions with spiritual merit
vegan-I take a stand every day against murder, torture, cruelty, environmental degradation, deforestation, contamination of the fresh water supply, waste of food, ****, kidnapping, profits at the cost of human health, and more.
anarcho-pacifist-understanding that government is not only far from a human necessity but the driving force behind all coercion, war, and general human and animal rights abuse. Furthermore, adherence to the fact that violence for any purpose is detestable, unethical, and destructive to all those involved including myself
pot smoker-one of the first tools that took off the blinders placed on me by society and illustrated the important of questioning even my most deep-rooted beliefs. Realizing that authority !=truth
lsd user-along with marijuana, LSD has exposed a penumbra of character flaws and helped me attain the archetype of the man I have always wanted to be. LSD more than anything has shown me my purpose in life, has absolutely shattered the illusion of an ego, allowed me to experience telepathy, fourth dimensional entities, and a general reactivation of my pineal gland. It has forced humility on me by helping me grasp just how insignificant my human is. LSD has truly unshackled my existence, showing me the immense power my focused consciousness can have on myself, those around me, and the world at large.

I hope you can break out of the need to criticize me and perhaps others that I don't know about and find meaning within your own life. Hopefully you can take a serious look at yourself and realize why it is that you are a part of the culture that has driven humankind to the brink of extinction. While you are afraid of the world and seek leader figures to protect you, I am liberated and awakened.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol aight let's not turn this topic into a moral debate.

tomaluke i do have to alert you to the fact that the venue is a college dormitory's lounge, you won't be having much luck smoking there. the only possibility i see is one of the junior/senior houses.

MegaBus does not run from St. Louis to Rolla last time I checked. Greyhound might, but their prices are ****.

additionally I don't think I'll be attending. good luck with your first tourney Karl!

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahahah fell for it

hook line and sinker

look at that mammoth post

that being said if i go i can drive you buddy

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
Sure Binyan's goal is a success but I needed to get that out and move on :)
alex let's ****ing play dude, you still live in the area right? I gotta show you my SMYM improvements
Awesome, I wanna see Tomacawk's smooth fox again. Dude if you can help achieve this tourneys goal, I won't eat Meat for like 1 entire hour
that's a cause I can get behind

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Cookie, I will get smashed if I somehow make it up there.
If nobody from Springfield goes, I can't go though.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
We'll just get Karl smashed when he comes to Springfield next.

This thread is now about getting smashed rather than planning on playing smash.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Haha i have no interest in hounding your posts tomaluke, nor do I ever go out of my way to derail you
The only time I respond is when you have dumb posts or dumb things in your posts.

alex, you scrub, you were supposed to play me today =[ I wanted to record

also, it's pretty easy to lower my rank.. just lower your own ranks, and mine will be lower as a result.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
also, it's pretty easy to lower my rank.. just lower your own rank
nah thats aight. I actually don't wanna be a hater and lower your rank. But at same time, I really wanna beat u legitimately in tourney. Soooooo... Well now that I think about it, I could just beat you in winners, and then you come back and beat other people later. Then your rank won't go down, and I will have beaten u also.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This IS a college campus. Don't bring drugs or alcohol or things like that unless you plan on sharing. If you have to smoke or something, do it outside.
LMAO wtf is this Karl? This wasn't in the .txt I sent you!

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
So I'm going to this, but I'll be in CoMo earlier that day, so I could be slightly late.
As is, I'll try and get all the people up there to come down for the tournament.
Also, anyone wishing to get Smashed can come to my house after the tournament.
It's called "Smash House" for a reason.
Lastly, Tomacawk, I'll smoke with you if you come down.
We can discuss the secrets of life.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are you not going to be in Missouri after this semester, Binyan?

Top Bottom