• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling with the Punches: SSBB & Mario Kart Wii

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. Brawl & Mario Kart Wii Tournaments

CASH PRIZES!!!
Each pot has 50 bucks before anyone even comes!

For easy navigation use the following:

Press and hold the 'CTRL' key on your keyboard and press 'F' then release. A Find box will appear... type in one of the following to quickly find the section you need.

[[SSBB]] - goes to Smash Rules.
[[MKW]] - goes to Mario Kart Rules.
[[GEN]] - goes to general information.

========
[[SSBB]] Smash Rules:
========

Format:
Singles for Brawl
Time:
Games begin at 3:30 PM

Cost:
Entry Fee: $10 - 100% of this goes to this tournament's winnings.
Venue Fee: $ 5 - used to pay for costs of tournament. (This is paid only one time if you enter both tournaments.)

General Rules
• 3 stock.
• 8 minutes.
• Items are turned to off and none.
• If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage.
• If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO'd simultaneously (typically because of a Sacrificial KO via Bowser's Flying Slam or Ganondorf's Flame Choke), then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreakers is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches).
• Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
• All people are responsible for their own control scheme/name tag and must make sure it is set before the match begins. Both players must agree to restart a match on account of a controller problem.
• Meta Knight is banned.
• Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall beyond 300% or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.)
• Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
• Some interactions (for example, interrupting a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is considered stalling.

Set Format
1. Both players choose their characters (as well as their sub-character and costume) for the first game. A double-random pick may be requested by either player.
2. Players start the stage-striking procedure in order to select the first stage. The optimal procedure for striking stages depends on how many starter stages are allowed. In the following list, "1" is player 1 and "2" is player 2.
o 3 Stages: 2-1
3. Each player may ban a stage from the counterpick list for the match.
4. The first game is played using the stage chosen by step 2.
5. The loser of the previous game chooses a stage from the starter or counterpick list. No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless the other player agrees.
6. The winner of the previous game chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous game chooses their character.
8. Steps 5-7 are repeated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

===============
[[MKW]] Mario Kart Wii Rules
===============

Format:
4 individual racers per screen
Using Mario Kart native point system

All Characters
All Vehicles
Any Controller

Time:
Registration 2:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Games Begin at 7:00 PM

Cost:
Entry Fee: $10 - 100% of this goes to this tournament's winnings.
Venue Fee: $ 5 - used to pay for costs of tournament. (This is paid only one time if you enter both tournaments.)

General Rules:
Class: 100CC
CPU: None
CPU Vehicles: N/A
Items: Balanced
Race Count: 4

Maps will be selected based on the round in the tournament. Game Officials will instruct the players which maps to use. Maps will be determined the day of the event after the bracket is created.

========
[[GEN]] General Info
========

Venue:
Loudonville Youth Center
222 North Union Street
Loudonville, OH, 44842
map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=222+N...+N+Union+St,+Loudonville,+Ohio+44842&t=m&z=18

This will be an all-day event. If you are participating in Brawl and Mario Kart you will probably be there from around 3:30pm until 11pm or later (depending on the number of entrants). The event will run until at least 10:00pm. AT LEAST.

Important: If you choose to enter both tournaments you will be required to pay the entry fee for both tournaments as this is where the winnings comes from for the event. You will only need to pay the venue fee one time.

The prizes are the same for both tournaments with each one having it's own entry fee and being split up as follows:
Less than 20 entrants:
1st Place – 65% of Pot
2nd Place – 35% of Pot
3rd Place – Free entry to a future tournament

More than 20 but less than 50 entrants:
1st Place 60% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 30%
3rd Place 10%

More than 50 entrants:
1st Place 45% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 25%
3rd Place 15%
4th Place 10 %
5th Place 5%

If there are between 20 and 50 players and a majority of the players vote to change the prize break up to the payouts for more than 50 entrants, we may change it to that. Otherwise the default is what we will use.

*NOTE*
If you hadn’t figured this out by now, the more people that enter, the higher amount of money you have a chance of winning at the end. So do us, and yourself, a favor and tell everyone you know about this. Share it on your Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and Google+ (and bump it on your favorite smash forum. ;) )

We will attempt to supply any of the following, while the supplies last:
- Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi - these will be for sale, but not for profit. We will be providing them to you at a minimal price to pay back what we spend on them.
- Chips (Lays Products) - Free while they last
-Free Water

Also located near the Youth Center:
McDonald’s
Subway
Pizza Hut
China Wok
Trail’s End Pizza

Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the Youth Center. Just dispose of it!

RSVP on Facebook - http://on.fb.me/RwtPftw

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
exact address should have been in the main post... but looking I can see that it got missed. I'll edit to take care of that for you.

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
Also an update, it's now got a larger starting pot. We upped it to 50 bucks for each one.

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
Two more weeks... getting pumped... already 10 rsvps on facebook, at least 4 others that told me personally. $50 starting pot... plus it grows with each person that enters... if you win that DEFINITELY covers gas and still have some left.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think I'll be heading out to this, might try to bring someone or two from Cbus (Moose/Q/Keist).

It's only an hour and a half drive which is not to bad. Might try to enter Mario Kart if you can enter both!

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
I think I'll be heading out to this, might try to bring someone or two from Cbus (Moose/Q/Keist).

It's only an hour and a half drive which is not to bad. Might try to enter Mario Kart if you can enter both!
You will be able to enter both tournaments.

I would come if I didn't have a Prep Bowl tourney same day. :< Sadface. Will there be more?
We do tournaments on a monthly basis, but the game changes each month. We try to do Smash Bros every couple months though. So yes there will be more.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Let AZ get a free tournament win? I think not.

I'll see if I can get Cinci interest for this tournament.

Also: Cleveland should come to this tournament, it's closer to them. King Beef Blue Rougue Jiffyboob I'm calling you out, you guys should tell me if you're going to attend.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Let AZ get a free tournament win? I think not.

I'll see if I can get Cinci interest for this tournament.

Also: Cleveland should come to this tournament, it's closer to them. King Beef Blue Rougue Jiffyboob I'm calling you out, you guys should tell me if you're going to attend.
Two weeks before finals

nope

ftwgaming

Smash Cadet
oh yea! it's almost here

call the info number if you need any help finding the place.

smash bros starts at 3!

mario kart at 7!

see you there!

Top Bottom