• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RoM 5 anger thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
I don't see why that should make you lose motivation. People who have been good for a long time are usually the ones who are most prone to not caring IMO.
Mostly because the guys I play with most of the time are flaky so I don't get to actually play much, so watching big tournies is pretty much my **** with this game.

Seeing something as amateur as tonight makes me sad, simply because guys like Unknown and KK are part of the current generation of "superstars" (if you will) of our scene, and they really shoudn't be so apathetic about the game.

Idk I'm just especially disappointed in KK

Battlecow

Play to Win
doesn't make any sense lol

unknown is always *****ing and moaning about how he's really 6th in the world and he would have won apex if his controller didn't break

and now he actually gets a chance to prove something and he splits?

outofphase

Smash Apprentice

unknown is always *****ing and moaning about how he's really 6th in the world and he would have won apex if his controller didn't break

seriously. he was playing so well. getting past m2k is like a benchmark in melee nowadays. once you break that barrier you kind of become a top player

Stylez

Smash Cadet
Kinda changes you're view on HBox vs Armada GF, doesn't it? At least they were playing to win

Doser

Smash Ace
Just ban them from Apex, they obviously don't care about melee so why should we want them ruining the tournament and the tournament stream?

Twinkles

Smash Lord

i don't think i've ever seen unknown talk about how he's really 6th in the world, he's never come across to me as particularly arrogant at all (in fact, i've heard people say he's frustratingly humble LOL).

that said, he does too much about what controller he's using IMO

And this was the ugliest thing I've seen him do. I'm not so much angry as i am disappointed with him.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
From one of the like 4 people that traveled from not-EC (or Canada) to this tournament....
I'm very disappointed. The tournament was great, fun, I played well, etc... and then the best part of the tournament was a complete joke. The only finals set that mattered was M2k vs KK.

Also it really isn't alukards fault at all. He was more upset than all of you guys about it.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
People like to blame TOs for things. It's inevitable.

Battlecow

Play to Win
i don't think i've ever seen unknown talk about how he's really 6th in the world, he's never come across to me as particularly arrogant at all (in fact, i've heard people say he's frustratingly humble LOL).

that said, he does too much about what controller he's using IMO

And this was the ugliest thing I've seen him do. I'm not so much angry as i am disappointed with him.
don't really wanna look up the thread but he definitely said that he thought he was #6 at one point. He qualified it by saying that he understood that tourney evidence didn't back that up. I honestly didn't have much of a problem with that but when he actively avoids opportunities to prove it...

Anand

Smash Journeyman
first of all, even if m2k was trying to be a skumbag, it's still unknown's fault for letting him start the match without clarifying with alu.
Totally agreed. Like, when Lovage tried to abuse his tech skill to strike 3 stages against me, I called him out on it before the game started (and thoroughly enjoyed getting destroyed in a legitimate set). :)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Because everyone's bad except for you and if we don't believe you you'll namedrop cactuar and Dr. Peepee a million times

OK bro

UlyssesTheTrojan

Smash Apprentice
It seemed like Kirbykaze was visibly upset about something during the entire last sets (only watching from the stream), and judging from everyone having more respect from him than the other two in the past, I feel like he may have gotten pulled into the situation unwillingly. Doesn't justify what he did at all, but I don't think he was planning on doing this going into those last few sets. And again it all kind of started with the ruleset thing. Its awful that this kind of thing would happened when we're trying to get accepted into Evo, because I honestly don't think this one tourney should represent what our community stands for.

strawhats

Smash Master
damn, some goofing just took place from that tournament...nothing more I can say on that. I'm disappointed in KK and Unknown. M2k usually splits and what not at smaller/local tournies. He did it just a few weeks back with chillin and cactuar, so i'm not too surprised with him.

Pengie

Smash Lord
All splitting drama aside, why the **** was there a warmup before every ****ing match? You mean to tell me that after playing for an entire ****ing day you instantly lose the ability to press buttons after a match ends, to the point that you need to take a 2-3 minute period before every match to get ready. It's ****ing ridiculous.

strawhats

Smash Master
THIS......OVER 900000X THIS. I was tearing my hair out watching them warmup after/during each set. Seriously?!

NNID
dansalvato
All splitting drama aside, why the **** was there a warmup before every ****ing match? You mean to tell me that after playing for an entire ****ing day you instantly lose the ability to press buttons after a match ends, to the point that you need to take a 2-3 minute period before every match to get ready. It's ****ing ridiculous.
People need to man up and not give top players special privileges. Unreasonable requests should not be honored.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
1) The title of this thread

2) Please discuss in the tournament / results thread because I don't want to see the boards being clogged about RoM5

3) respect community

PLEASE CAN WE MOVE ALL ROM5 DISCUSSION INTO THE TOURNAMENT / RESULTS THREAD

D

Deleted member

don't say that you piece of ****

some of us actually really like our game

even if you're joking, just don't man
it's not meant as a bash so much as a reality check. the reality is, some upset like this comes up more often than we'd like to admit. our first step should be to seriously and honestly evaluate the problem, and the problem here is that some members of the community are the cause of this event.

you can say that "this made the community looks bad" as if it's some kind of false representation, but this actually happened, and it makes our community actually bad. it's not just an image if that makes sense. it's reality.

if it makes you feel any better, these problems are almost exclusively caused by the east coast. the EC has way more drama and subsequent problems than all of the other regions, not close.

Mad J

Smash Cadet
Honestly I am pretty disappointed for the last of the tourney. I would not blame KK because like Ulysses said i think he kinda got pulled into it. And regarding to winners finals, I understand why they might not have gone there mains, they literary play eachother all the time. I do see other top players do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom