• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Radiant Dawn (one of the least well received games in the series) need two reps when other games in the series have none? And if any game were to get two reps, shouldn't it be either the most popular or most recent game in the series? (not that I think any FE game should get more than a single rep)
Just got two from the latest console game and two from the latest handheld game :awesome:

Marth IS in Awakening (as DLC) and would have his look from that

While Ike and Micaiah are their Radiant Dawn selves, and of course Chrom only is in Awakening so far so that is his version

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You back up Marth with the DLC argument, but our boy is DLC too in Awakening!

[COLLAPSE="Our boy, Roy, in Awakening"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Besides if Marth stays in, it's because he's the original protagonist from the first Fire Emblem game, not because he appared in Awakening.

By that logic, we'd have Ephraim, Eirika and Ike in Brawl.

You back up Marth with the DLC argument, but our boy is DLC too in Awakening!

[COLLAPSE="Our boy, Roy, in Awakening"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Besides if Marth stays in, it's because he's the original protagonist from the first Fire Emblem game.
Marth stays in BECAUSE HE IS ALREADY IN SMASH BROS (AND THE ORIGINAL LORD)
His look changes to rep THE LATEST GAME THOUGH (DLC)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's no logic about what characters are included. Only Sakurai's will.

Like I said, if you applied your logic to Brawl, we'd have Ephraim and Eirika, since they were the stars of the latest handheld FEs.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm pretty sure if we get 4 FE reps, I'll be...

Here, let me elaborate on my post.

Roy (Young - FE 7)
Roy (Teenage - 15 years, FE 6)
Roy (Older - FE Awakening design)
Roy (Older, older - Middle age)

And this is me keeping my expectations low...

I'm joking, I'm joking. I'm hoping for 4 though. Don't know how likely it is, but it isn't impossible. (Wait, I think I've said this before?)
I figured:
Roy(FE6)
Shota Roy(FE7)
Awakening Roy
Speedo Roy :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just got two from the latest console game and two from the latest handheld game :awesome:
That's clearly irrelevant to Sakurai. What's the necessity of double representation anyway?

Marth IS in Awakening (as DLC) and would have his look from that
There's nothing to say Ike, Micaiah, Roy, etc. wouldn't also have their Awakening looks. Just because they appeared in Awakening doesn't mean they would represent Awakening. They are non-canonical optional minor DLC characters, they represent their own games, and Chrom (and Lucina) would be the only ones who could rep Awakening.

While Ike and Micaiah are their Radiant Dawn selves, and of course Chrom only is in Awakening so far so that is his version
You don't just get to pick and choose your favourite versions of characters and claim that's the most likely outcome of the roster. Radiant Dawn doesn't need two reps, if Ike wasn't in it, at this point it wouldn't even need (or get) one. Micaiah's chance has passed, it's time to move on. By no means do you have to stop supporting her, but claiming she's the inevitable FE newcomer (along with Chrom) is just delusional at this point.

There's no logic about what characters are included. Only Sakurai's will.

Like I said, if you applied your logic to Brawl, we'd have Ephraim and Eirika, since they were the stars of the latest handheld FEs.
We got Ike, one of the latest lords (the one Sakurai chose)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If we had to follow your logic in Melee, there would be no Roy in Melee, but Leif in his place...

Roy's game came after Melee.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
N3ON just gets it! Micaiah had her chance in Brawl, and she's lost the train.

Roy at least as a dedicated fanbase within the Smash community, much like Mewtwo. Helping him is the fact that Roy was intended to appear in Brawl, so Sakurai has consideration for the character.

That's clearly irrelevant to Sakurai. What's the necessity of double representation anyway?

There's nothing to say Ike, Micaiah, Roy, etc. wouldn't also have their Awakening looks. Just because they appeared in Awakening doesn't mean they would represent Awakening. They are non-canonical optional minor DLC characters, they represent their own games, and Chrom (and Lucina) would be the only ones who could rep Awakening.

You don't just get to pick and choose your favourite versions of characters and claim that's the most likely outcome of the roster. Radiant Dawn doesn't need two reps, if Ike wasn't in it, at this point it wouldn't even need (or get) one. Micaiah's chance has passed, it's time to move on. By no means do you have to stop supporting her, but claiming she's the inevitable FE newcomer (along with Chrom) is just delusional at this point.
1. Just felt like doing it :bee:
2. Anyone that gets in now would be Awakening self regardless, and that includes Micaiah and Ike.
3. Micaiah's chances hasn't exactly passed. Sure it is not as great as before but still there was almost no time to include her in Brawl anyways, the game was still fairly new and Ike was already being worked on because of Path of Radiance. It is not like I am saying she is an "inevitable FE newcomer", I am just saying she still stands as least SOME chance because Radiant Dawn can actually be looked at now. She is not a Chrom level but she is practically at the same level as a Lyn, Roy, or Ephraim.

However everyone here won't get off the Roy hype train, and he is in the same boat.

Just saying

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Now you're just plain trolling... >_>

Micaiah was too early with Brawl?! WHAT! By that logic, so was Ike... >_>

Ike had much better chance because he was popular and had a much more important role in Radiant Dawn than Micaiah.

I mean, Ike stole the spotlight from Micaiah in RD. You can't just deny that.

Now you're just plain trolling... >_>

Micaiah was too early with Brawl?! WHAT!

Ike had much better chance because he was popular and had a much more important role in Radiant Dawn than Micaiah.
Ike also had Path of Radiance, which came out in 2005.

THREE YEARS BEFORE BRAWL (there was time to add him and Brawl was basically the GBA/Gamecube anyway)

Radiant Dawn came out like a year, or less, before Brawl. I think it was released here in late 2007. By that time most of the roster was already decided on. Thus why Radiant Dawn was not looked at for a character back then, it was too late.

The game AT LEAST has a slim chance now.

Edit: Yes, partially.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not with Awakening's release... >_>

The reason Roy gets support is because he had appeared in Melee, otherwise, he'd be on the same boat as Micaiah. I assure you that.

The reason Roy gets support is because he had appeared in Melee, otherwise, he'd be on the same boat as Micaiah. I assure you that.
He is on the same boat because of DLC and being from an older than Awakening game as well :bee:

Just saying

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This is actually the reason I don't support Roy

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@DragonSniper: Did Micaiah, Lyn or Ephraim appear in Melee? I don't remember that...

Most of Roy's popularity comes from Melee... or is it a coincidence that the first two DLC characters were Marth and Roy? I... don't think so.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I can already see where this discussion is going(read: nowhere), so....

Speedo costumes for all male characters. Discuss? :troll:

@DragonSniper: Did Micaiah, Lyn or Ephraim appear in Melee? I don't remember that...

Most of Roy's popularity comes from Melee... or is it a coincidence that the first two DLC characters were Marth and Roy? I... don't think so.
Yes most of Roy's popularity came from Smash Bros and not Fire Emblem

Just because he was in before should not mean he should come back, especially when most of the fans who want him have never even played his game or probably any Fire Emblem to begin with

Not saying he can't, just saying that should not be the reason (which everyone assumes it is)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
1. Just felt like doing it :bee:
So... this is your reasoning for justifying Micaiah and Ike? Figures...

2. Anyone that gets in now would be Awakening self regardless, and that includes Micaiah and Ike.
None of the FE characters would get in because of Awakening though, except Chrom. That's pretty much why Chrom would be the Awakening rep, and other FE Lords would be the rep from their games, even with their DLC appearances.

3. Micaiah's chances hasn't exactly passed. Sure it is not as great as before but still there was almost no time to include her in Brawl anyways, the game was still fairly new and Ike was already being worked on because of Path of Radiance. It is not like I am saying she is an "inevitable FE newcomer", I am just saying she still stands as least SOME chance because Radiant Dawn can actually be looked at now. She is not a Chrom level but she is practically at the same level as a Lyn, Roy, or Ephraim.
Not only are you overrating Micaiah's chances, you're severly underrating Roy's. Believe it or not, being the most popular non-playable FE character and being planned twice does amount to more than Lyn or Ephraim can claim to have.

Micaiah is the same level as Ephraim, you're right. The level of not-going-to-be-playable. ;)

Sakurai didn't have the intention of making any characters between Roy and Ike's games playable in Brawl. He had the intent to have previously playable characters return and include the newest Lord, which will most likely be how he tries to make the FE roster in SSB4. What makes you think Micaiah is so important that he'd change his mentality for a four-game old character?

However everyone here won't get off the Roy hype train, and he is in the same boat.

Just saying
If you think this place is Roy-obsessed, try going to a Japanese Smash forum. :smirk:
At least that's where the popularity actually amounts to something for FE in Smash...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This guy needs to learn to hide his hard-on for Micaiah better. Slouch as you walk or something. Geez. She'll remain only as your fantasy.

ALSO, I wonder if Sakurai would want to use all of the Awakening designs for any playable FE characters as a way to keep a consistent look within the series. I mean, Awakening did look rather different than most FE games, yeah?

Watashi

Smash Cadet
Isn't Micaiah widely disliked for being a "Mary sue" .

Granted Ike isn't that well liked in Japan compared to Marth, Roy, and Chrom, but I thought I'd point that out.

:phone:

So... this is your reasoning for justifying Micaiah and Ike? Figures...

None of the FE characters would get in because of Awakening though, except Chrom. That's pretty much why Chrom would be the Awakening rep, and other FE Lords would be the rep from their games, even with their DLC appearances.

Not only are you overrating Micaiah's chances, you're severly underrating Roy's. Believe it or not, being the most popular non-playable FE character and being planned twice does amount to more than Lyn or Ephraim can claim to have.

Micaiah is the same level as Ephraim, you're right. The level of not-going-to-be-playable. ;)

Sakurai didn't have the intention of making any characters between Roy and Ike's games playable in Brawl. He had the intent to have previously playable characters return and include the newest Lord, which will most likely be how he tries to make the FE roster in SSB4. What makes you think Micaiah is so important that he'd change his mentality for a four-game old character?

If you think this place is Roy-obsessed, try going to a Japanese Smash forum. :smirk:
At least that's where the popularity actually amounts to something for FE in Smash...
1. Wanted some balance in terms of games and systems, yes
2. They would rep their games, yes, but characters always tend to have their latest appearance (or very close to it)
3. I am just saying she still has a chance
4. Her popularity, she still has a good amount of it (in Japan anyways and like you said, that is where it matters XD)
5. Well Roy and his F3YRE are some of the most overrated things I have seen, and he was my favorite in Melee

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
5. Well Roy and his F3YRE are some of the most overrated things I have seen, and he was my favorite in Melee
You spelled PH1R3 wrong. Your argument is invalid.

Let's talk Zero Suits for Zelda and Peach. :troll:
Nah. What I would like to see is a Zero Suit ZSS. :troll:

Edit: This reminds me of that guy who wanted to make Peach more fanservicey.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I can already see where this discussion is going(read: nowhere), so....

Speedo costumes for all male characters. Discuss? :troll:
Speedo Roy? Heck, yes!

But speedo ROB. HNNNG

I hope Peach gets a Daisy alt like in Melee. You know, with more details and whatnot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I should totally draw Samus dressed as Zero and call it "Zero suit Samus"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom