• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't see ANY reason not to add Skull Kid other than "he wasn't in the most recent Zelda games." I don't see that as a reason not to add him AT ALL. So why do people have a problem with him. What Majora's Mask didn't leave a GIANT impact on the Zelda universe, because I beg to differ. I think a Majora's Mask rep is understandable in every respect and is actually very likely.
He's not all that popular.
There is little demand for a Zelda newcomer.
Tingle or Impa would be better as they can represent the whole series.
There are other one shots he would have to deal with like Ghirahim, Midna, Zant, etc.
Majora's Mask does not deserve a rep. There is no single game in the Zelda series that deserves a character. All of the Zelda characters that have gotten in have represented several games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A Majora's Mask character being likely? :laugh: Not really gonna happen. As Nintendo prefers to make a sequel to A Link To The Past before remaking Majora's Mask for 3DS. And I think they'll refrain from making a remake for Zelda for a while, since Wind Waker HD is still coming.

Diddy also won't be paired up.

What kind of stupidity took over here in my absence?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yes we can likely get a Majora's Mask rep. Do you know who it would be?

Tingle.
I didn't even have to click on it to know it was Tingle. Not to mention, even though he originated from Majora's Mask he would be considered an over-all Zelda rep. I see a pure Majora's Mask rep. Also I still want a reason why Skull Kid can't be it, he wields the mask. And only being in one Zelda game is not really a good reason in my opinion.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I didn't even have to click on it to know it was Tingle. Not to mention, even though he originated from Majora's Mask he would be considered an over-all Zelda rep. I see a pure Majora's Mask rep. Also I still want a reason why Skull Kid can't be it, he wields the mask. And only being in one Zelda game is not really a good reason in my opinion.
Then look at my other reasons.

Look dude. Majora's Mask was one of my favorite Zelda games too. But Skull Kid hasn't got a chance in hell. And that's putting it nicely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Retrospectively, I'd really support Skull Kid getting in Melee. But nowadays, well... Swampie put it in nicely.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Swampaur's got some good reasons, but I got my own as well:
In the actual final boss fight, you don't fight the skull kid. You fight Majora's Mask, so the Skull Kid's more of a pawn and not the real villain. Similarly, as the Skull Kid, he doesn't really show any moves that lend him being a character, because you never really fight him.

And as such he's not even really the big villain in his game, so that puts him closer to status to others in his game, like Tingle.

I dont think any series has gotten two villains in the series (provided you agree that Wario represent his own series and is anti-hero). It's not a rule but a trend I noticed. Part of the staying power of a villain is appearing in multiple games of a series.

I think Melee's development cut too close to Majora's Mask for the character unfortunately. We didnt even get MM Young Link, who was a way better Link. But we did get Termina Bay, which was a great sage.

No past characters skipped over have a better chance now than when they missed their shot. At least that's how it seems to me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Then look at my other reasons.

Look dude. Majora's Mask was one of my favorite Zelda games too. But Skull Kid hasn't got a chance in hell. And that's putting it nicely.
Well, that's just an exaggeration. I'm looking for a REASON why.

Saying somebody doesn't have a chance in hell is REALLY pulling it for a character like Skull Kid, especially if it's not followed up by something reasonable.

For users on this thread like Diddy Kong. You shouldn't immediately pass up something so likely without a seconds thought and be considered a good speculator. Sometimes The characters that get into SSB aren't ALWAYS the ones on EEEEEVERYBODY'S roster.

I'm just saying if this was before Melee and people predicted any of these characters: :younglinkmelee: :pt: :zerosuitsamus: :pichumelee: :sheikmelee: :icsmelee: :gawmelee: :drmario:

We'd be getting reactions like: "He hasn't got any chance in hell" or "Yeah, right :chuckle:"

That's why I try to predict reasonable characters that people aren't expecting or wanting. Like Starfy, if you seriously pass up Starfy, he who does so will very likely regret it later.

I mean if I started throwing out Gengar, Koopa Troopa, or Taj. That's a completley different story.

But, SKULL KID!?!?!?

Is there any other reason for that besides Majora's Mask only appeared in one MAJORLY significant Zelda Game? (no pun intended.)

That's all I'm asking.
A Majora's Mask character being likely? :laugh: Not really gonna happen. As Nintendo prefers to make a sequel to A Link To The Past before remaking Majora's Mask for 3DS. And I think they'll refrain from making a remake for Zelda for a while, since Wind Waker HD is still coming.

Diddy also won't be paired up.

What kind of stupidity took over here in my absence?
If that's so stupid why didn't it happen in Brawl. Also how could you possibly be so sure about such a significant character in Zelda history even today. (with the mask NOT without it.) I'm sorry that's kind of a long shot to be so sure about something like THAT :ohwell:

I'd much rather here civil reasoning of why he can't be in rather than emoticons and simply saying he won't be in.

I believe the first post I made was me asking WHY not IF he can't be in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is the most likely Zelda newcomer at this point. Second maybe Ghirahim or Tingle.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Skull Kid missed his chance. I don't even see why he would be interesting. I've played through Majora's Mask, and really don't see why some people want him in Smash Bros.

This is a Nintendo All-Star game. Not a "let's put every character from Nintendo in a game even if they are far more minor than several other recurring characters game". Skull Kid is not on the same level of any character of the Brawl roster, nor the current candidates for Smash Bros. 4.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Swampaur's got some good reasons, but I got my own as well:
In the actual final boss fight, you don't fight the skull kid. You fight Majora's Mask, so the Skull Kid's more of a pawn and not the real villain. Similarly, as the Skull Kid, he doesn't really show any moves that lend him being a character, because you never really fight him.

And as such he's not even really the big villain in his game, so that puts him closer to status to others in his game, like Tingle.

I dont think any series has gotten two villains in the series (provided you agree that Wario represent his own series and is anti-hero). It's not a rule but a trend I noticed. Part of the staying power of a villain is appearing in multiple games of a series.

I think Melee's development cut too close to Majora's Mask for the character unfortunately. We didnt even get MM Young Link, who was a way better Link. But we did get Termina Bay, which was a great sage.

No past characters skipped over have a better chance now than when they missed their shot. At least that's how it seems to me.

I said Skull Kid WITH the mask, not WITHOUT IT. The point is that he wields the Mask

As responses to your other reasons

Reason 1: How is the wielder of Majora's Mask not the big villian in "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA' S MASK.

Reason 2: Having 2 villians is not a reason because Sakurai never stated he won't have 2 villians from a series.

Reason 3: A Character not appearing in a previous SSB title has NEVER been a reason not to add them. Otherwise you might as well knock off Bowser Jr, King K. Rool, anybody who was an assist trophy, anybody removed from Melee, and of course Ridley.

Also Characters that were reasonable for Melee like Meta Knight, Wario, Diddy Kong, Wolf, and King Dedede. (also Pit, Dedede, and Mewtwo were planned for SSB64.) made it into Brawl.

It's a fighting game for Nintendo All-Stars not "Nintendo's Latest hits"

And again you say it'll be Impa or Giriham. Why? Oh, because they were in Skyward Sword. Even though characters like Skull Kid (with Majora's Mask) or Tingle are clearly more significant to Zelda.

This whole "Missed his chance" thing doesn't really work either.

These are all good reasons to predict he won't make it, but not even close to good reasons to immediately shoot him down like that. That's just being closed minded.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I said Skull Kid WITH the mask, not WITHOUT IT. The point is that he wields the Mask

Reason 1: How is the wielder of Majora's Mask not the big villian in "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA' S MASK.
Technically, the main villain is the mask itself. The spirit of Majora that resides in the mask.

Reason 2: Having 2 villians is not a reason because Sakurai never stated he won't have 2 villians from a series.
True.

Reason 3: A Character not appearing in a previous SSB title has NEVER been a reason not to add them. Otherwise you might as well knock off Bowser Jr, King K. Rool, anybody who was an assist trophy, anybody removed from Melee, and of course Ridley.
You mean not appearing as a playable character, right?

Also Characters that were reasonable for Melee like Meta Knight, Wario, Diddy Kong, Wolf, and King Dedede. (also Pit, Dedede, and Mewtwo were planned for SSB64.) made it into Brawl.
True.

I sorta agree with you on that, but I'm not sure if characters like Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ike, Roy, and Lucas can be considered "all-stars."

And again you say it'll be Impa or Giriham. Why? Oh, because they were in Skyward Sword. Even though characters like Skull Kid (with Majora's Mask) or Tingle are clearly more significant to Zelda.
How is Skull Kid more significant to the series if he only appeared as a main character in ONE GAME, and was a very minor character in OOT?

---

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Skull Kid missed his chance. I don't even see why he would be interesting. I've played through Majora's Mask, and really don't see why some people want him in Smash Bros.

This is a Nintendo All-Star game. Not a "let's put every character from Nintendo in a game even if they are far more minor than several other recurring characters game". Skull Kid is not on the same level of any character of the Brawl roster, nor the current candidates for Smash Bros. 4.
I fear you only say that based on their requests and popularity to Smash fans rather than popularity to the Nintendo universe. (But, I'm not confirming that at all, only a concern.) in which case I say Masked Skull kid is way more significant than Giriham. Giriham is sort of a fad.

Again Giriham being in Skyward Sword is sort of his only reason. Another perfect example of a character added for the sole reason of being recent. I mean sure Giriham has AWESOME moves, but so does Majora's Mask.

Giriham is the minor one, NOT Majora's Mask.

Your Skull Kid ramblings did inspire me making this:

www.smashboards.com/threads/the-ideal-melee-roster-reboot-thread.338046/

But as of now, he really isn't likey. Retrospectively, I'd want him in. Ideal rival for Young Link in Melee, and actually re-appeared in Twilight Princess, unlike Sheik. So would've made more sence to stay in Brawl.

Anyway, you'd better not expect him.
So you admit you're only reason is because he isn't recent. When I CLEARLY stated I wanted a good reason not to have him and NOT that he wasn't the latest Zelda character. The only person I hear rambling is you. I made it VERY clear I wanted a list of good reasons unrelated to not being recent which is NOT a reason for somebody not to be in SSB, OBSCURITY is.

You're advice that I better not expect him is very closed-minded. I have no problem with people doubting Skull Kid. But, I DO have a problem with these reasons. Again you only deny Skull Kid by insulting the idea of it, and not that you (Specifically you, not the others on this topic.) have never really taken it into consideration.

Do you think fans ever took ANY of these characters into consideration?
:falconmelee: :drmario: :icsmelee: :gawmelee: :pichumelee: :roymelee: :sheikmelee: :younglinkmelee: :ivysaur:

And that's what makes people bad speculators. They only take into consideration what everybody WANTS. Or whoever the flavor of the month is.

Diddy, please be reasonable in your immediate denial of reasonably likely characters.

Skull Kid not being in Melee is NOT a reason. The Smash roster is not solely based on who the flavor of the month is. Otherwise I guess Issac is de confirmed as well.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

This whole "Missed his chance" thing doesn't really work either.

These are all good reasons to predict he won't make it, but not even close to good reasons to immediately shoot him down like that. That's just being closed minded.
1) Majora's Mask itself is the big villain in the game. The mask has an evil spirit in it and that's the game's antagonist. That's why you fight it, its incarnation, and it's wrath. In the Final Boss fight. It has its own subtitle. On every conceivable level of villainy, it's the big bad in the game. After he is freed from the mask (after he fails the mask), the mask tries to kill him. And it calls the Skull Kid a worthless pawn. So it's in the game's dialogue.
2) I was just saying a trend. 2 villains hasnt happened yet. It could happen. But a one villain appearance puts him at the same level of other Zelda villains like Zant and Onyx. And like I said, he was a pawn, so it's debatable if he is even the big villain.
3) I never said that third reason .

And when I said "No past characters skipped over have a better chance now than when they missed their shot," I just mean that it's less likely now than it was prior to the releases of Melee and Brawl. Hence "better chance."

I've never shot him or any character for that matter down. It's a roster prediction thread after all. The point of it should be to make predictions about the roster. I always just saying he's not likely. I'm always talking about likelihood. There's no way to predict any character won't be in the game with 100% certainty unless the developers say something or you played the game yourself.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Technically, the main villain is the mask itself. The spirit of Majora that resides in the mask.

True.

You mean not appearing as a playable character, right?

True.

I sorta agree with you on that, but I'm not sure if characters like Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ike, Roy, and Lucas can be considered "all-stars."

How is Skull-Kid more significant to the series if he only appeared as a main character in ONE GAME, and was a very minor character in OOT?
Giriham only appeared in one game. And care to explain what's wrong with being in one game? :sheikmelee: :roymelee: :nessmelee: :ganondorfmelee:

Skull Kid WITH the mask, and because Majora's Mask happens to be one of the most popular installments of the entire series alongside LTTP and OOT and one of the most popular peices of gaming. I don't know many Nintendo fans that do not see Majora's Mask to be as significant in gaming as it is. There are always spoof, fanart, memes, people still play it, gamers reference it when playing other Zelda games. It's one of the Zelda games people remember most.

Majora's Mask isn't as minor and dead as say Geno.

When I say Skull Kid I mean with the mask and the version from Majora's Mask. Without the Mask Skull Kid is not even a reasonable character to CONSIDER.

1) Majora's Mask itself is the big villain in the game. The mask has an evil spirit in it and that's the game's antagonist. That's why you fight it, its incarnation, and it's wrath. In the Final Boss fight. It has its own subtitle. On every conceivable level of villainy, it's the big bad in the game. After he is freed from the mask (after he fails the mask), the mask tries to kill him. And it calls the Skull Kid a worthless pawn. So it's in the game's dialogue.
2) I was just saying a trend. 2 villains hasnt happened yet. It could happen. But a one villain appearance puts him at the same level of other Zelda villains like Zant and Onyx. And like I said, he was a pawn, so it's debatable if he is even the big villain.
3) I never said that third reason .

And when I said "No past characters skipped over have a better chance now than when they missed their shot," I just mean that it's less likely now than it was prior to the releases of Melee and Brawl. Hence "better chance."

I've never shot him or any character for that matter down. It's a roster prediction thread after all. The point of it should be to make predictions about the roster. I always just saying he's not likely. I'm always talking about likelihood. There's no way to predict any character won't be in the game with 100% certainty unless the developers say something or you played the game yourself.
nonononono, when I was talking about characters being shot down I was NOT reffering to you. And like I said these are ALL good reasons not to expect him. I respect your defenses as to why Skull Kid might not make it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Skull Kid WITH the mask, and because Majora's Mask happens to be one of the most popular installments of the entire series alongside LTTP and OOT and one of the most popular peices of gaming. I don't know many Nintendo fans that do not see Majora's Mask to be as significant in gaming as it is. There are always spoof, fanart, memes, people still play it, gamers reference it when playing other Zelda games. It's one of the Zelda games people remember most.

When I say Skull Kid I mean with the mask and the version from Majora's Mask. Without the Mask Skull Kid is not even a reasonable character to CONSIDER.
Don't get me wrong, Majora's Mask is one of my top favorite Zelda games, too. I love the layout and scenery of Termina, the character depth that the NPCs have (Anju and her family for example), the music, and the story.

I just have doubts that Skull Kid will get in solely due to popularity. I'd love to see a second MM stage though.
Zelda is a big series, so if there's a newcomer, it's likely that it'll be a recurring character in the series.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Skull Kid did win that rigged poll last summer that got "sent" to Sakurai, if that counts for anything. :psycho:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And that's what makes people bad speculators. They only take into consideration what everybody WANTS. Or whoever the flavor of the month is.
Only thing that makes people bad at speculating is a lack of common sense.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If we get a rep from MM I would prefer it to be Masked Link myself. He could replace Toon Link as the child Link. But that's probably just me. :/

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Probably Falco/Lucas/Toon Link for sure. Other than that, I can't really think of any.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think we'll be getting these three semi-clones, or at least, these three semi-clones will be planned. All are similar enough to their counterparts, but offer their own unique nuances as well. They're also strong enough characters in their own right to warrant inclusion.

Bowser Jr. - To recycle the moves his father is giving up with his revamp.
Dixie Kong - A "last remaining all-star" in a series starving for representation.
Roy - One of Japan's top two most wanted characters and snazzily redesigned as of late.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Possible new Semi-Clones:
Dixie Kong: Semi-Clone of Diddy Kong.
Krystal: Semi-Clone of Fox (but she fights more like Falco)
(Classic) Young Link: Clone of Link.
Lucina: Semi-Clone of new character Chrom, who has replaced Ike. Or it could go in the other direction.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
This time 45 / 49

Brought back the predicted Pac Man and Mii

Brought back Ike because it's probably more like we get 3 FE reps than for Shulk to be playable

Brought in Takamaru as the most likely classic rep, I had forgotten about Nintendo Land and that probably gives him an even better chance than before

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well since revamping their lists, I will to. Plus I'm board. xD

Note on one thing;

The Chrom + Lissia is actually suppose to represent Chrom + Lucina or Robin.

Oh and I only adda Takamaru becuas ehe is appreantly very popular, but I have never heard of him before and know nothing before. But since so many people seem to think he is a shoe-in, I figured why not. lol

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think we'll be getting these three semi-clones, or at least, these three semi-clones will be planned. All are similar enough to their counterparts, but offer their own unique nuances as well. They're also strong enough characters in their own right to warrant inclusion.

Dixie Kong - A "last remaining all-star" in a series starving for representation.
Roy - One of Japan's top two most wanted characters and snazzily redesigned as of late.
Bowser Jr Should NOT be a Semi-clone at all and Roy already is a semi-clone.

The only ones I can THINK of (not necassarily predict) are these:

Leif > Marth

Medusa > Palutena

Donkey Kong JR. > Donkey Kong

Well since revamping their lists, I will to. Plus I'm board. xD

Note on one thing;

The Chrom + Lissia is actually suppose to represent Chrom + Lucina or Robin.

Oh and I only adda Takamaru becuas ehe is appreantly very popular, but I have never heard of him before and know nothing before. But since so many people seem to think he is a shoe-in, I figured why not. lol
Yeah, I kind of can't agree with the whole having two FE swordsman in one. They are kind of big and that doesn't happen in the game.

Duos should be save for two characters that are very alike and not big in size

Diddy + Dixie

Kat + Ana

Popo + Nana

Not to mention, Ice Climbers have some moves where they work together. Rather than just having the same attack X2

If you want a duo have Diddy + Dixie and then put K. Rool in Dixies place.
I can't come up with a reason NOT to have King Boo other than Bowser JR & Paper Mario being the only reasons I see to have a fifth mario character.

DIDN'T SEE THE DOUBLE POST

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr Should NOT be a Semi-clone at all and Roy already is a semi-clone.

The only ones I can THINK of (not necassarily predict) are these:

Leif > Marth

Medusa > Palutena

Donkey Kong JR. > Donkey Kong

Yeah, I kind of can't agree with the whole having two FE swordsman in one. They are kind of big and that doesn't happen in the game.

I can't come up with a reason NOT to have King Boo other than Bowser JR & Paper Mario being the only reasons I see to have a fifth mario character.
Ok really, have you ever ever played Fire Emblem Awakening? Do you realize that game introduced the command Pair Up which allowed 2 character to become one and how much hype and how hard it was pushed? The reason I sia say Chrom + Lucina or Robin is becuase the Pair Up function was a HUGE deal even though it was jsut a new mechanic, But that single mechanic opened up so many possiblities. It would be a sham if the rep Awakening and don't try to show of the Pair Up function the game had.

King Boo would jsut be so awesome, espically if Luigi gets vaccum powers. Not to mentio pretty unique. xD

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wonder how the chances of Captain Syrup fare this time....

I mean... she was a relatively obscure character... but Wario Land Shake It happened. :p which made her relevant again.
Speaking of which... I'm pretty sure Wario will get a moveset makeover.

D

Deleted member

I think these are the most likely semi-clones as well, although I could see Dixie Kong being entirely unique and to a lesser extent Roy and Bowser Jr. as well. However, I'm doubtful of Bowser Jr or a fifth Mario character in general.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I fear you only say that based on their requests and popularity to Smash fans rather than popularity to the Nintendo universe. (But, I'm not confirming that at all, only a concern.) in which case I say Masked Skull kid is way more significant than Giriham. Giriham is sort of a fad.

Again Giriham being in Skyward Sword is sort of his only reason. Another perfect example of a character added for the sole reason of being recent. I mean sure Giriham has AWESOME moves, but so does Majora's Mask.

Giriham is the minor one, NOT Majora's Mask.
Well, going by series significance, Ghirahim is FAR more important. If he didn't succeed in summoning Demise, none of Zleda would EVER happen.

Skull Kid would literally make no sense to include at this point. The Majora's Mask version of him has never again appeared. Even though Skull Kid's appear, the iconic appearance does not.

I have yet to see a good reason to include Skull Kid. I used to support Ghirahim because I find him much cooler and interesting than Skull Kid. But I no longer support Ghirahim for Smash because there are quite a few characters who should get in before him.

It's fine to like Skull Kid. But he is certainly no All-Star.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One thing that just occurred to me is that we could possibly get a second Link based on the system; meaning a different link takes a roster spot for both versions. I know Sakurai stated both games will share the same library of characters. This could be the exception though.

LbW Link could be for the 3DS version while the WW Toon Link can be for the Wii U. I think it makes perfect sense if you don't look at the "version exclusives" comment too deeply. That's my hope at least.

D

Deleted member

New prediction roster based off what we know so far:
Predicton Roster Roster.png

The only ones I'm iffy on are Toon Link, Pokémon Trainer (though I think Charizard is all but guarantee to stay, I do feel as Squirtle and Ivysaur are at a bigger risk of leaving than Lucario) and Shulk. Everyone else I feel good enough in being in.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
One thing that just occurred to me is that we could possibly get a second Link based on the system you plan on. I know Sakurai stated both games will share the same library of characters. This could be the exception though.

LbW Link could be for the 3DS version while the WW Toon Link can be for the Wii U. I think it makes perfect sense if you don't look at the "version exclusives" comment too deeply. That's my hope at least.
There almost certainly won't be any exceptions to both systems sharing the same roster. Sakurai was pretty definitive that we can expect identical rosters as otherwise it's unfair to players, and failure to live up to that promise would give Nintendo some serious egg on their face PR-wise.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I certainly hope that doesn't mean Sakurai will absolutely rule out any chance of DLC. If he's really going to restrict the Wii U roster simply because the 3DS can't hold as many characters, they better make up for it by adding everyone they cut out.

I also wonder... I understand that the rosters will be the same between the two games, but will this same idea apply to other aspects? I mean, if we're getting the same amount of stages, same types of modes, same number of collectables, same amount of items... If the Wii U version, what should be able to be jam packed with content, is seriously held back the 3DS version's limits, I'm really going to be disappointed. There's no sense in making the console version if they won't make the most of the hardware available to it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There almost certainly won't be any exceptions to both systems sharing the same roster. Sakurai was pretty definitive that we can expect identical rosters as otherwise it's unfair to players, and failure to live up to that promise would give Nintendo some serious egg on their face PR-wise.
Yeah, that is true. One part is wishful thinking but I took his interview in saying that there won't be entirely different characters on either system. But when incorporating both the LbW Link and WWHD Link, you have different versions of the same character but they aren't like, lets say, Isaac being in one game and Shulk being in the other. Or Dixie being in one and K. Rool being in the other.

Taking a character spot that has been usually reserved for another version of Link and making just that spot dependent of the system probably won't anger fans too much, keeps Toon Link in, promotes the new Zelda, and doesn't mess up the roster too much.

I personally think it makes sense and would be the best option available to keep Toon Link while adding a new LoZ rep. But that's just me.

I honestly don't think it will happen but I don't think it's 100% impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom