• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Been noticing in the krystal prediction thread that many people think that wolf would be cut for her over falco and they desire it to be wolf over falco.... This disturbs me heavily, star fox plz :crying:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hey, I'm not using my own home computer right now, so I don't have access to a roster maker. But I will post my character list on here. No cuts.

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Bowser Jr.
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Diddy Kong
  8. King K. Rool
  9. Yoshi
  10. Wario
  11. Link
  12. Zelda/Sheik
  13. Ganondorf
  14. Toon Link
  15. Toon Zelda/Tetra
  16. Samus
  17. Ridley
  18. Pit
  19. Palutena
  20. Villager
  21. Kirby
  22. King Dedede
  23. Meta Knight
  24. Olimar
  25. Little Mac
  26. Fox
  27. Falco
  28. Wolf
  29. Captain Falcon
  30. Isaac
  31. Pikachu
  32. Jigglypuff
  33. Mewtwo or Newtwo
  34. Lucario
  35. Pokemon Trainer
  36. Marth
  37. Ike
  38. 3rd Fire Emblem Rep (Either Chrom, Lucina, or Lyn, can't decide)
  39. Ness
  40. Lucas
  41. Ice Climbers
  42. Mr. Game and Watch
  43. R.O.B.
  44. Takamaru
  45. Wii Fit Trainer
  46. Sonic
  47. Snake
  48. Megaman
Total: 48 characters (53 with transformations), with a Mii slot and a Random slot, bringing the total slots up to 50. Any thoughts?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey, I'm not using my own home computer right now, so I don't have access to a roster maker. But I will post my character list on here. No cuts.

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Bowser Jr.
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Diddy Kong
  8. King K. Rool
  9. Yoshi
  10. Wario
  11. Link
  12. Zelda/Sheik
  13. Ganondorf
  14. Toon Link
  15. Toon Zelda/Tetra
  16. Samus
  17. Ridley
  18. Pit
  19. Palutena
  20. Villager
  21. Kirby
  22. King Dedede
  23. Meta Knight
  24. Olimar
  25. Little Mac
  26. Fox
  27. Falco
  28. Wolf
  29. Captain Falcon
  30. Isaac
  31. Pikachu
  32. Jigglypuff
  33. Mewtwo or Newtwo
  34. Lucario
  35. Pokemon Trainer
  36. Marth
  37. Ike
  39. Ness
  40. Lucas
  41. Ice Climbers
  42. Mr. Game and Watch
  43. R.O.B.
  44. Takamaru
  45. Wii Fit Trainer
  46. Sonic
  47. Snake
  48. Megaman

Total: 48 characters (53 with transformations), with a Mii slot and a Random slot, bringing the total slots up to 50. Any thoughts?
Nothing to complain about. AT ALL. :grin:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Bowser Jr.
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Diddy Kong
  8. King K. Rool
  9. Yoshi
  10. Wario
  11. Link
  12. Zelda/Sheik
  13. Ganondorf
  14. Toon Link
  15. Toon Zelda/Tetra
  16. Samus
  17. Ridley
  18. Pit
  19. Palutena
  20. Villager
  21. Kirby
  22. King Dedede
  23. Meta Knight
  24. Olimar
  25. Little Mac
  26. Fox
  27. Falco
  28. Wolf
  29. Captain Falcon
  30. Isaac
  31. Pikachu
  32. Jigglypuff
  33. Mewtwo or Newtwo
  34. Lucario
  35. Pokemon Trainer
  36. Marth
  37. Ike
  39. Ness
  40. Lucas
  41. Ice Climbers
  42. Mr. Game and Watch
  43. R.O.B.
  44. Takamaru
  45. Wii Fit Trainer
  46. Sonic
  47. Snake
  48. Megaman
Pretty good. Would be pretty happy with this roster. No choices I find unreasonable.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Well, it's hard to find new-comers in your list so I filter veterans out of your list:
  1. Bowser Jr.
  2. King K. Rool
  3. Toon Zelda/Tetra
  4. Ridley
  5. Palutena
  6. Villager
  7. Little Mac
  8. Isaac
  9. Mewtwo or Newtwo
  10. 3rd Fire Emblem Rep (Either Chrom, Lucina, or Lyn, can't decide)
  11. Takamaru
  12. Wii Fit Trainer
  13. Megaman
35 veterans no cuts + 13 new-comers/returnees and no impossible/improbably characters... I approved!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Any thoughts?
I like it. Probably more than I should. Might be because you left room for error/said "or" for a few characters, mostly Mewtwo and 3rd FE rep. That all said, I think this is as close as a dream roster as it gets. And I don't dream.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Part of me thinks Starfy deserves a slot due to how many games his series has, but another part of me isn't sure, because I don't know how popular said series is.
Starfy has tons of popularity in Japan, and now that the Starfy series is now worldwide, I think Starfy has the time to join the roster.

@Falkoopa gained popularity in both of their series, just a little different situations.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

If there were some DLC characters, the ones in green are who might have a decent possibility.

PlatinumGamer64

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
2062-9155-7188
Bomberman, Paper Mario, Ninten, and Skullkid are all goofball choices.
Other than that it's a pretty average roster, if a little bit too vanilla.

I approve of Sheriff though, brilliant choice.
If you are closed minded enough. Also you approve of Sheriff because you approve of Karate Joe. So that's not a good reason to.....................actually I take that back. Karate Joe is much worse.

But, to be fair, not thinking outside of the box will likely end up in you only getting like 1 or 2 characters right.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Tell me why you support Little Mac? Where did the surge of support come from?
Well, he's popular (although mainly in the west), he will represent a new series, and I just like him, in my opinion. I also seem to just find him more likely than Starfy. Don't get me wrong, I want both in the game, but I find that Little Mac will work better.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
49 characters with no cuts at all. This seems more of a likely roster to me.
That's a fine roster. The two things I don't like are 3 Kid Icarus reps and the fact that Pokemon has more slots than any other franchise (that's just a bit of a pet peeve, though). Other than that, it's pretty good.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I can't say I've ever seen anyone in favor of 3 Kid Icarus reps and 'likely roster' in the same post.
If there are interesting characters to implement, I think Hades should also get a spot. If Wolf is enough to complete the best Starfox reps, I say you should add Hades also to complete the best KI reps.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If you are closed minded enough. Also you approve of Sheriff because you approve of Karate Joe. So that's not a good reason to.....................actually I take that back. Karate Joe is much worse.

But, to be fair, not thinking outside of the box will likely end up in you only getting like 1 or 2 characters right.
Actually the reason I like him is because he's an outside of the box character. It's the reason I want Pig Ganon and Karate Joe. No one really anticipates them, making them more likely.
Also I don't understand your reasoning for me liking Sheriff.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Funny how Little Mac is there, for the grown popularity of the series, but not Starfy, who is in a similar situation with Little Mac. :c

As a big supporter of both characters, I feel the need to put my input in on this.

At first glance, Starfy and Little Mac are similar in terms of their situations. Both are previously Assist Trophy characters from unrepresented series who get most of their support in one area of the globe, and both recently branched out to new territories (Mac got a new game and is now no longer retro, and Starfy finally got one of his games to come overseas).

However, I do feel that Mac has a far better shot. Not even bringing up the Boxing Ring stage, Mac just has a sort of seniority factor. He's far closer than Starfy is to being a Nintendo All-Star. Punch-Out!! as a series is a far more well-known name than the Legendary Starfy. He's been around since the 80's, and is well known enough to even have his game receive pop-culture references in other media.

That being said, I feel Little Mac has, honestly, the best shot of making it out of any newcomer. Starfy, while I'm hopeful, I have my doubts on (although seeing as Sakurai changed his mind about the Villager, I'm feeling more confident about him than I usually am).

D

Deleted member

Anybody finds it ironic how rosters with no cuts are usually more realistic than ones with many cuts?

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
I wont disagree Hades would be an interesting character but he's probably better for a boss.

I'm iffy on Dixie.

Most of all I just plain don't agree with including Tom Nook. 1 Animal Crossing rep is plenty.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If you guys want Ridley for a character instead of a boss, then I might as well have Hades as a character instead of as a boss.
2 AC Reps are more likely given the amount of popularity people don't actually realize.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Actually the reason I like him is because he's an outside of the box character. It's the reason I want Pig Ganon and Karate Joe. No one really anticipates them, making them more likely.
Also I don't understand your reasoning for me liking Sheriff.

I'd be so okay with Ganon getting in. I always thought that it'd be a good alternative to giving Ganondorf a sword moveset, as I know some people that'd be pissed if his moveset was changed.

Plus a trident user would be sooooo hype. I'd main Ganon from link to the past in a heart beat.

Morbi

Scavenger
If you guys want Ridley for a character instead of a boss, then I might as well have Hades as a character instead of as a boss.
2 AC Reps are more likely given the amount of popularity people don't actually realize.
I know, I would much rather have Hades as a playable character. There are plenty of great bosses they could pull from Kid Icarus. PLENTY.

I don't really think it matters how popular Animal Crossing is. I just don't think Sakurai would put another one in. I mean with so many other requests? I wouldn't mind Nook though.

Anybody finds it ironic how rosters with no cuts are usually more realistic than ones with many cuts?
I actually feel the same way. People must not be listening to the interviews. I mean sure Sakurai hasn't cut anyone YET. What does that even mean? Also why is today all of a sudden the last day for character cuts? It isn't. We got 7 cuts in Brawl. So I would brace for impact. We could be getting less or worse this time around. I am pretty sure Pokemon Trainer is the first to go. He is like developing 3 (arguably 4) characters. So cutting him would ensure we don't get nearly as many cuts. Of course Ike, Lucario, and Toon Link are the first ones to go in most peoples lists because they cherish the relevancy argument. Ridley and PKMN Trainer are the first to go in my list because I cherish the "I want more characters" argument.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Kid Icarus is going to have so many assist trophies, I can already feel it.
Pyhron, Magnus, and Phosphora come to mind immediately, with Medusa or Hades appearing as a boss (dependent on if either is playable.)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Funny how Little Mac is there, for the grown popularity of the series, but not Starfy, who is in a similar situation with Little Mac. :c
No offense to Starfy fans, but Little Mac is in a whole different league, or better yet circuit. He's a pretty iconic figure in Nintendo, and his game Punch-Out!! is often listed in the top 10 of NES games. Despite the fact he had a revival on the Wii, you can still get away with calling him a retro character due that's what he's known for. Little Mac is much more well known character from a much more prominent and popular Nintendo franchise.

Little Mac and Starfy are both assist trophies, and that's where the similarities begin and end.

I don't think the no cut rosters are more realistic.I just think when you make a roster and put cuts in it, people will focus on the cuts along with the characters. A roster with no cuts ends up too big often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom