• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well I'm not sure if K.Rool's size was consistent in the 3D games either, then again he probably was. How tall was he in Mario Super Sluggers and Donkey Kong Jet Race? :/
K. Rool was around Bowser's size in Mario Super Sluggers at least.

The guy basically changes size based on the demand in hand. If he's a boss he's going to usually be a towering behemoth, if he's going to be playable he's going to be barely taller then everyone else. Basically the same type of deal Bowser goes through.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Okay, now that I think about it, maybe the Super Metroid comparison isn't the best example as it's older hardware and can't display Ridley's true might. So here, the big coupe de gras anti-Ridley people use...

The actual comparison of Ridley to Samus using their Smash Bros Brawl models. Okay, first off, Ridley is designed here to be bigger than what he was in the original Super Metroid, but I digress. Let's say Samus is 6'2" just like she was in the last comparison, and Ridley here, when crouching is around 12"6', a little over half her height, just like he was in Super Metroid. Now then, if you take his upper leg and extend it straight out so his legs are standing properly like in a T-Base measurement, I'd estimate his upper legs are around 4 1/2 feet long, the bottom of his legs making the total increase of his height around 6'3" meaning his height now is 18'9". BUT, if you take his neck and make it stand more upward, that adds an extra foot, making Ridley's official size in Brawl 19'9", three inches short of 20 feet tall. That means he's 3 1/2 feet taller here than what he is in the actual Super Metroid, but he's still over 9 feet shorter than that of K.Rool. Also, those wings are designed to be waaaay too big, Ridley's wings are not supposed to be that wide.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
K. Rool was around Bowser's size in Mario Super Sluggers at least.

The guy basically changes size based on the demand in hand. If he's a boss he's going to usually be a towering behemoth, if he's going to be playable he's going to be barely taller then everyone else. Basically the same type of deal like Bowser.
Ah, well if it's the same deal with Bowser then I'd imagine that he'd likely be as tall as Bowser again if he were playable in Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS. Especially with Bowser standing more upright and all.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Ah, well if it's the same deal with Bowser then I'd imagine that he'd likely be as tall as Bowser again if he were playable in Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS. Especially with Bowser standing more upright and all.
Well if K.Rool and Bowser can be around the same size, I think Ridley, who's actually most likely the smallest of the three, to be playable as well, although from what I can tell, Bowser and Ridley are actually quite close to one another in size comparisons.

Guys.
K. Rool can breathe fire too. :troll:

Remember Jungle Climber? :awesome:
I would say yes, but I like to keep a rule of not remembering terrible games. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well if K.Rool and Bowser can be around the same size, I think Ridley, who's actually most likely the smallest of the three, to be playable as well, although from what I can tell, Bowser and Ridley are actually quite close to one another in size comparisons.
Yeah Ridley can work as well of course. I can imagine him being about as tall as Bowser is right now anyway.

D

Deleted member

First, I'm not sure "graphical limitation" can apply to Super Metroid. Not after Kraid and Mother Brain, both of which tower over Ridley in said game (especially Kraid).

Second, that image is not a direct comparison of Brawl size; Angelglory took the models and made size adjustments among all characters to compare them if they were in their "canon" sizes.
If you want a direct size comparison from Brawl, you should ask Mario_and_Sonic_Guy.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Am I the only one who actually would love it if Dr Mario came back with a revamped moveset?
Yes.

I think if we got a second Mario with a distinct moveset from regular Mario, more people would want to see Paper Mario as a playable character before Dr. Mario, to be honest.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think Ridley would be slightly taller if you count his wings as height. But I personally believe if K.Rool gets in, he should be taller than both of them, because he clearly is.

Well if we looked at the current K Rool compared to Bowser.

He looks like he would be about Bowser's current height from Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, then again I guess he could be a little taller. I would imagine Ridley (in his Other M design) being around their height, maybe a little taller, just a little.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess Ridley could have Bowser's Melee/Brawl running animation since he's always crouching... well, he has to crouch to make himself appear smaller than he really is. :troll:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
its just now dawning on me that every villain in Smash, as well as the candidates, are pretty big... hmm o well its just indicative of Nintendo characters in general

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I guess Ridley could have Bowser's Melee/Brawl running animation since he's always crouching... well, he has to crouch to make himself appear smaller than he really is. :troll:
I always pictured his run being a flight animation with his legs curled up this body to avoid taking up space during the dash. And if we're going by that logic, they might as well make K.Rool sit down all the time so he doesn't tower over everyone.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
its just now dawning on me that every villain in Smash, as well as the candidates, are pretty big... hmm o well its just indicative of Nintendo characters in general
I dunno.

Wario's kinda short. Meta-Knight (he kinda is) is Kirby's height and Wolf is just slightly above Fox's height.

Lets think of the smallest Smash reps!

I go first, Wario!
:kirby2: or :olimar:.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone here seem to be supporting making them the "Wailord" of the Smash universe? I know PBR was the first game to actually have Wailord's actual size but geeze, I didn't think other people would be this supporting of spreading it around to others

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I dunno.

Wario's kinda short. Meta-Knight (he kinda is) is Kirby's height and Wolf is just slightly above Fox's height.
its debatable if those are villains though. Warios a villain when convenient to a Mario plot, otherwise he's more of an anti-hero. Meta Knight bounces between the 2 roles a lot as well. but i guess i forgot about Wolf *shrugs*

MattX20

Smash Hero
To be honest, I'd prefer Plusle and Minun as Pokeball characters rather than playable.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm okay with Plusle and Minun I guess, got nothing against them. Though I would rather see some other Pokemon newcomers before them first. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom