• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So in other news today's pic of the day finally shows the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer on the 3DS Version. Nice to see progress on it is going well.

BUT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT, NO YOU DON'T NOPE. YOU CARE ABOUT RIDLEY.
I KNOW BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT THROUGH YOUR POSTS FROM THE PAST 10 PAGES IN THE RIDLEY TOPIC.

SO YOU WANT RIDLEY, HERE HAVE RIDLEY

LOOK AT THAT. DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE? YEAH, IT'S RIDLEY IN A (new) ROSTER OF MINE. DOES THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY?

NO? WELL HOW ABOUT THIS ONE

YEAH I BET YOU LIKE THIS ONE.
(srsly tho, what do you think of the first one? I've been considering adding in another character and potentially Takamaru over Mach Rider but I feel as if Takamaru has become too predictable for Sakurai's tastes [of course implying his tastes have to do with anything]...)

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Ridley...

Even Riki is teasing with Ridley fans. :awesome:

(I found this picture funny as I found it to be kind of related to the actual situation. Also I just want to lighten the mood so don't harsh me please...)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Paper Mario shouldn't be a clone, but you know... this is Sakurai we're talking about here. I wouldn't put it past him making Paper Mario a Mario semi-clone, with a replacement for the FLUDD (a hammer?) and Game and Watch's style of rendering a 3D model as a flat character with an outline.
Sure, why not? Here's Paper Mario's moveset based on Mario's. :troll:

B - Fireball
Paper Mario can throw fireballs in Sticker Star.

Side B - Fleep
Paper Mario uses the Pixl from Super Paper Mario to flip enemies and projectiles to the opposite direction.

Up B - Paper Jump Punch
This is the same as Super Jump Punch except the tip of the knuckle hurts most... a paper cut?

Down B - Sushie
Paper Mario uses the Cheep-Cheep partner from the original Paper Mario to squirt water.

Final Smash - Fire Flower
Paper Mario uses the Fire Flower from Paper Mario games to shoot lots of fireballs that cover most of the screen.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Sure, why not? Here's Paper Mario's moveset based on Mario's. :troll:

B - Fireball
Paper Mario can throw fireballs in Sticker Star.

Side B - Fleep
Paper Mario uses the Pixl from Super Paper Mario to flip enemies and projectiles to the opposite direction.

Up B - Paper Jump Punch
This is the same as Super Jump Punch except the tip of the knuckle hurts most... a paper cut?

Down B - Sushie
Paper Mario uses the Cheep-Cheep partner from the original Paper Mario to squirt water.

Final Smash - Fire Flower
Paper Mario uses the Fire Flower from Paper Mario games to shoot lots of fireballs that cover most of the screen.
Why are you insulting Sakurai's ingenuity? He could totally make a moveset out of him. For example:

B: Hammer
Slams his hammer down in front of him.

Side B: Koopa Kick
Kicks Kooper or whatever the other one is.

Up B: Paper Airplane
Folds into a paper airplane with minimum control over his actions.

Down B: Bob-Omb
Kicks a ****ing Bob-Omb buddy into the screen.

If what you're saying is Sakurai might turn Paper Mario into a last minute clone on purpose, then shame on you.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
A question to people who think Paper Mario is likely.

Why Paper Mario? Because if it's to represent Mario RPGs, Mario and Luigi is clearly a series that would do it better as that one has actually remained pure to the style.
Also, we haven't had a real Paper Mario game since the Gamecube, since Super Paper Mario was more like a platformer that borrowed the characters and story, and Sticker Star is a disgrace to the first two in terms of ... well, everything (my opinion of course, but willing to defend it.)

So in that sense, considering that in the past two installments Paper Mario has come to represent to Nintendo ... well, just another Mario game just made of paper, why do you guys think it likely that we'll see him represented in Smash?

Additionally, if he made it in, how would you guys feel if he didn't use stuff like partners in the game and just relied on stickers and paper stuff? I know I would personally be annoyed.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Additionally, if he made it in, how would you guys feel if he didn't use stuff like partners in the game and just relied on stickers and paper stuff? I know I would personally be annoyed.

If Paper Mario gets in without the partners I'd be disappointed. They're basically the only reason I'd be okay with him getting in over Toad and the only reason he's higher than Bowser Jr or Waluigi on my Mario wish list.

In fact I think I'd rather no Mario characters at all than just Paper Mario without the partners. It'd be half the point of the character. At least for me.

If all they did was make him a Mario clone with paper aesthetics we may as well have Doc instead.

Other opinions are available.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think I'll be okay if Paper Mario doesn't bring his partners, because that isn't the primary reason why I want him in.

I'm more interested in his paper abilities, hammer, spin dash, badges etc.

I would definitely LOVE it if he gets his partners, but I find it unlikely.

SmashPro97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0920-6255
He probably would, SaturnGamer. If Sakurai sees Paper Mario as Mario at all, he'll be a clone or at least semi clone. It's what Sakurai does to variations of the same character, it's a rule of his. Not defending that dude, but had to say this.

Upon studying Other m Ridley, and the stage that was revealed, to have him be a stage threat in the back, they'd have to OVERSIZE him. If he were to be a stage threat in his other m form, (which he would) he'd be a tiny bit bigger than bowser, and that wouldn't even be a drastic reduction.

Basically that's what I said. Paper Mario being a clone or semi-clone because it's Sakurai.
No need to defend me lol. Just some guy who knows obvious things.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I think I'll be okay if Paper Mario doesn't bring his partners, because that isn't the primary reason why I want him in.

Paper Mario's Sonic now? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING! :troll:

SmashPro97

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0920-6255
A question to people who think Paper Mario is likely.

Why Paper Mario? Because if it's to represent Mario RPGs, Mario and Luigi is clearly a series that would do it better as that one has actually remained pure to the style.
Also, we haven't had a real Paper Mario game since the Gamecube, since Super Paper Mario was more like a platformer that borrowed the characters and story, and Sticker Star is a disgrace to the first two in terms of ... well, everything (my opinion of course, but willing to defend it.)

So in that sense, considering that in the past two installments Paper Mario has come to represent to Nintendo ... well, just another Mario game just made of paper, why do you guys think it likely that we'll see him represented in Smash?

Because Paper Mario is Mario himself. What do you think Sakurai's gonna do? Look what he did with Toon Link. Look what he did with Dr. Mario.
Besides, CalciumG is right. Paper Mario almost has all of the abilities Mario can do in brawl. Except for the FLUDD.

D

Deleted member

Fireball:

Uppercut:

Spin:

I'm not saying I want Paper Mario to be a clone. I'm not saying he should, or even that he will be. But to straight up say he won't be or can't be? That's moronic. Open your eyes to both the best possibilties as well as the worst ones, because Ganondorf is proof that crazier stuff has happened in the past.
We still talking about Paper Mario?

I didn't bother to read the rest of the thread, but I would say PM wouldn't be a clone simply cause Sakurai said he would only add characters that added fresh concepts to the roster.

Also, those who say that PM is just Mario, but made of paper, obviously haven't played any Paper Mario games or SMRPG.

Anyway, a simple PM moveset:

B- Hammer
Tap B he pulls and charges it, tap B again to have him execute the attack, it works very similarly to the PM games, timing the input correctly deals more damage, thus making it a good risk vs reward move.

Side B- Plane Mode
PM turns into a plane that can glide, press A while in plane mode to do a spin that's similar to Meta Knights sideB, once PM touches the ground this move is useless. Tap B while in this mode to change back. I would compare this to Pit's sideB in P:M.

Up B- Multi Bounce
Mario Leaps and crashes downward, the attack slightly homes in on opponents and has a good hitbox, hitting B at the right time will cause Mario to bounce on his opponent's head, you can do this up to 5 times in a row, the 5th time having good knockback, however, the timing gets more and more tricky with each bounce.

Down B- Paper Mode
Basically a perfect dodge. It has 1 frame of delay, but some lag after use, so you ARE vulnerable. You press and hold down B, and PM will turn flimsy becoming impervious to ALL attacks (except fire moves), you can hold this move for about 4 seconds, the longer you hold it, the longer the recovery lag. You can also move while using this move (not useable in midair).

Other notable moves:

Dash Attack- Tube Mode
Paper Mario rolls into a tube of paper, it hits multiple times.

Dair- Ground Pound

stuff...

Other moves he could use. The Shell Kicks and Fireball moves from PM and SMRPG can make good Neutrals and stuff. As well as some of the super moves from those games... I can't remember. Oh, and the Pixil Moves from SPM.

Oh and his FS should be this:

5. Star-Powered Attacks (Srpwa)

At the end of every chapter (including the Prologue, but not Chapter 8 of
course) Mario gains a new Star Power. These moves use his Star Levels to
perform extremely powerful special attacks. He also gains another Star level
after each chapter. To replenish your Star Levels, simply attack to gain a
small amount of power proportional to the size of your audience. Appealing to
the crowd boosts your Star Levels by quite a bit. Anyway, the Star Powers have
abilities like replenishing HP and FP, inducing status effects, or dealing
heavy damage to all enemies.

---SWEET TREET---
Star Power Used: 1
The first Star Power you gain upon reaching the Thousand-Year Door will also be
one of your most useful. It’s a powerful healing ability that can restore the
HP of Mario and his partner as well as FP. When activated, you launch into an
elaborate action command that works like a minigame. Icons fall down from the
sky above the enemies and a moving target cursor appears in front of Mario. Tap
the control stick to the left to fire a Crystal Star; hit the icons with this
to gain their benefits. Hearts represent a 1 HP gain for either Mario or his
current partner (distinguishable by the faces next to them), flowers restore 1
FP, and Poison Mushrooms keep him from shooting for a while and must be
avoided. (Note: there are always 3 Poison Mushrooms per Sweet Treat) You can
rapidly fire Stars by tapping left faster, but remember to watch out for Poison
Mushrooms. On average, you should be able to restore at least 3-4 of every stat
with this move and use it fairly often, letting you survive without healing
indefinitely.

---EARTH TREMOR---
Star Power Used: 2
The Star Power gained from the Diamond Star is no Star Storm, but it’s still a
valuable Star Power that attacks all enemies for 1-6 damage. The action command
consists of 5 gauges with a rapidly growing red bar. You must press A right as
the bar passes through the circles on the gauge to keep going; each successive
meter moves faster and has one more circle. As you fill meter after meter, the
Diamond Star Mario and his partner have climbed onto grows larger, Once you
finish all 5 meters or miss a circle, the Star slams the ground and creates
increasingly huge shockwaves for massive damage to all enemies. It’ll be your
only attack Star Power for a while, so get practiced with perfecting the action
command.

---CLOCK OUT---
Using the power of the Emerald Star, Clock Out chucks a time bomb at the enemy
party to attempt to freeze them in time. The action command is fairly simple
and plays like a game of hot potato. Buttons appear above you and the enemy,
and also between them. Mash the button above the enemy as fast as possible, but
watch out for when it changes. The farther you fill the meter by mashing the
buttons, the longer enemies will be frozen. (Predictably, it doesn't work on
bosses)

---POWER LIFT---
Star Power Used: 3
The Gold Star bestows a powerful star-raising Star Power to Mario. Its action
command, as usual, is like a minigame. Players of the Mario Party series should
recognize it as a shootout-style minigame. Basically, icons rapidly appear and
disappear on a 3x3 grid. Use the control stick to move a crosshair around the
grid and hit A when it's over an orange or blue arrow, but not a Poison
Mushroom, which slows down the cursor. Hitting an arrow slightly fills a
corresponding meter to the left; every time you fill the meter, the
corresponding stat (orange for attack, blue for defense) is raised by 1 for
both Mario and his partner for 3 turns. If you're fast enough, you can boost
your stats by at least 2 with this move. It's overkill in normal battles, but
ideal for boss battles, where the extra damage can add up to insane amounts.

---ART ATTACK---
Star Power Used: 4
The Ruby Star's power is quite bizarre indeed. It's a very powerful move with a
strange action command. The Ruby Star turns into a cursor above the enemies.
Use the control stick to rapidly drag it around enemies and draw a flashing
line. Complete a circle (or oval, or whatever) with the line to deal 3 damage
to everything inside. (2 if they aren't fully encircled) You have quite a bit
of time to draw, so you should be able to expect to deal at least 10 damage to
every enemy with this attack! (More if there are less enemies!) Try to minimize
the size of your circles while still surrounding enemies for maximum damage;
I've gotten up to 15 on Rawk Hawk.

---SWEET FEAST---
Star Power Used: 5
The Sapphire Star gives you a stronger version of Sweet Treat, for a ridiculous
cost. Sweet Feast works much like Sweet Treat, except for 3 differences. First,
the icons fall faster. Luckily, you can now rapid-fire Crystal Stars by simply
holding the control stick to the left, making it easy to hit everything. (You
still need to watch out for Poison Shrooms, though) Lastly, large, flashing
icons also fall, which are each worth 5 of the corresponding stat. It's easy to
heal at least 15 of every stat with this Power, but Sweet Treat is typically
more economical.

---SHOWSTOPPER---
This incredibly powerful and undercosted Star Power uses the massive power of
the Garnet Star to tear through the backdrop and attempt to defeat all enemies
instantly. Its action command is much like the one for Vivian's Veil, but
harder to do. It involves 5 increasingly long sequences of buttons which much
be quickly and accurately pressed. (There is a time limit, but it's so slack
that you'll probably never have trouble with it) Each sequence is completely
visible from the start, unlike with Fiery Jinx. The more sequences you complete
without messing up, the higher your chances of destroying all (or at least
some) enemies. If you can master the action command, this Power can be the best
attack Power of them all. Needless to say, it doesn't work on bosses.

---SUPERNOVA---
Star Power Used: 6
Once Mario gets the Crystal Star, he can unleash his strongest Star Power. The
button command is the simplest one of all; simply mash A rapidly to fill all 5
of the meters. As you fill each one, the Crystal Star draws more lines across
the enemies. After you fill all 5, a massive explosion ensues from above, doing
15 damage to all enemies! This power actually isn't too good; Power Lift is
arguably better against bosses, while Showstopper is much better for normal
enemies.

It should be a variable FS that changes each time.

I would say that this is a very timing focused character, kinda like Makoto in Blazblue, where hitting and landing the moves at the right time = better chance of victory. A tricky character to master, but one that is very rewarding if you can pull it off.

Eat that naysayers.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Paper Mario's Sonic now? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING! :troll:
Paper Mario confirmed for Sonic clone.

Well, I'm pretty sure that's what you call that move that he performs when you press Z while running. :p

@Manly
I suggest not taking that quote at face value. Sakurai said pre-Brawl that there would be no clones, and we all know how true that quote was.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I think the only way I would honestly hate Paper Mario is if he were a clone.
^This.

But ya, I dont think Sakurai would go out of his way to add a character that doesnt have priority over characters like toad or Bowser jr just to make a clone. I know he did it in melee, but he did that to pad the roster, basically adding 6 clones instead of 1 unique character.

I know youre thinking he might do it again, but hes aiming for quality not quantity this time around. Namco is helping balance and it would be foolish to think that they arent affecting game design.

CalumG

Smash Lord
We still talking about Paper Mario?

I didn't bother to read the rest of the thread, but I would say PM wouldn't be a clone simply cause Sakurai said he would only add characters that added fresh concepts to the roster.
But ya, I dont think Sakurai would go out of his way to add a character that doesnt have priority over characters like toad or Bowser jr just to make a clone. I know he did it in melee, but he did that to pad the roster, basically adding 6 clones instead of 1 unique character.

I know youre thinking he might do it again, but hes aiming for quality not quantity this time around. Namco is helping balance and it would be foolish to think that they arent affecting game design.
Ah, but of course. I don't think anybody's legitimately saying Paper Mario will be a clone - not that I know of at least. What I was personally making a point of was that Paper Mario could be a clone because Sakurai has made worse choices for clones and semi-clones in the past (Ganondorf, Lucas, Toon Link, Wolf - inb4 Wolf isn't a semi-clone), but that he probably wouldnt be - but SaturnGamer/Noah was being far too stubborn to accept the fact that Paper Mario could well turn out to be a clone. I was simply trying to present the other side of the coin that certain forum members are either too ignorant or too optimistic to consider, despite past evidence.

I reckon Paper Mario would be a unique character - but some people are absolutely too stubborn to consider the bad possibilities outside of the good possibilities (see: Ridley).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Is there a Kraid support thread?
Yes, actually. Or at least there was.

Some Ridley detractor made it to try and make some sort of stupid point about Ridley's size("lol, if size doesn't matter why isn't there support for Kraid" or something like that).

Edit: It was never serious though.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Ah, but of course. I don't think anybody's legitimately saying Paper Mario will be a clone - not that I know of at least. What I was personally making a point of was that Paper Mario could be a clone because Sakurai has made worse choices for clones and semi-clones in the past (Ganondorf, Lucas, Toon Link, Wolf - inb4 Wolf isn't a semi-clone), but that he probably wouldnt be - but SaturnGamer/Noah was being far too stubborn to accept the fact that Paper Mario could well turn out to be a clone. I was simply trying to present the other side of the coin that certain forum members are either too ignorant or too optimistic to consider, despite past evidence.

I reckon Paper Mario would be a unique character - but some people are absolutely too stubborn to consider the bad possibilities outside of the good possibilities (see: Ridley).
Yes I do realize that Paper Mario could be a clone. In fact, I would be okay with him sharing some(not all, just some) moves and abilities that are iconic to the character. If PM could shoot fireballs, I would be okay with that, as an example.

The thing is that PM and Mario share little characteristics other than being Mario. If IS slapped another IP on to the original Paper Mario it still would have worked. They decided to go with Mario, which also worked. The original PM actually played on Marios fame in the mushroom kingdom. People would recognize him and thats how he got alot of his partnera.

Anyone who has played PM knows that the variety of badges, items, partners, and more recently stickers, open up TONS of moveset potential that could make a unique character. Thats not really the issue as I could sit down and make 3 alternate movesets that could work. The issue is will the potential all be wasted due to time constraints? IMO, I hope they skip him over if they do add in clones.

Also, on a sidenote, jumping off someones head like in brawl could result in a status effect like the ones in PM which could be random. For example, randomly, shrink stomp could reduce attack power for some time, dizzy stomp could alter controls and cause the opponent to stumble, and power stomp could have a spike effect, but would happen the least.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'd rather have Paper Mario as just a complete Mario alt-costume clone rather than a semi-cloned separate character. Same hitboxes and moves but with that awesome design. I'm not sure if that's feasible but that's my ideal situation. I don't want Paper Mario, or any other Mario character for that matter but if he was a costume that would be incredible.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Sidenote: Do you guys think the boxing gloves villager is wearing in that picture, are maybe an item? Idfk just wondering.
This has been said before huh?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Well, what makes you think that? :)

I (the great and awesome SaturnGamer64! :smirk: ) created a FULL Paper Mario move set that makes use of Vivian, Kooper, Bow, Sushi, Parakarry, Goombario, Bombette, Watt, Thoreu, Boomer, and Barry! Also stickers and items are used and Kertsi appears as a Taunt

Only 2 are Specials, 4 are basic moving animations, 2 are Smash Attacks, and Goombario is a sepcial taunt similar to Snake, Falco, and Fox.

Check it out!

Special Animations:

Entrance: Unfolds

Jump: Normal jump animation

Rolling Animation: Vivian. Takes Mario underground and comes back up where his roll animation would end.

Swimming: Sushie OR Paper Boat

Sheild: Bow

Duck: Folds himself

Holding Item: Paper Mario is the first character to hold an item above his head in traditional video game fashion.

Grab: Uses the Pixl; Thoreu. This is a long range grab.

Holding Jump in Mid-air: This turns Paper Mario into an Airplane.

Actual Moves:

A: Punch

AA: Punch, Punch

AAA: Punch, Punch, Hammer

F-tilt: Flip Flop Sticker

D-tilt: Tanooki Tail Sticker

U-tilt: Spiny Hat Sticker

U-throw: Uses Thoreu to throw character upwards.

D-throw: Throws character down and rolls up into a tube form, then proceeds to grind back and forth on the character.

F-throw: Hits the character sideways with a hammer.

N-air: Crumples up into ball just like Wolf & Sonic's N-Air attack.

U-air: Boomer. This Pixl explodes

F-air: Watt. Mario Holds out Watt and he shocks characters obviously

D-air: Spinning Ground Pound

Running attack: Trips and falls. (Same animation used when entering a battle in the first Paper Mario)

U-smash: Fire Flower Sticker. Charge it and Fireballs spit out the top of the flower.

D-smash: Bombette. The longer you charge, the further Bombette walks.

F-smash: Slap Hammer, charging this makes Mario do a spin attack with his hammer.

Neutral Special: Hammer. You charge this attack, if you charge it too long, the head falls off causing only 1% damage. The head can be picked up and thrown as an item.

Forward Sepcial: HurlHammer (BaaHammer, BurnHammer, ChillHammer) A different Hammer is thrown each time, the BaaHammer making you fall asleep, The ChillHammer freezes you, and the BurnHammer burns you.

Downward Special: Kooper/Koops. Works as it does in game. You kick the shell and it comes back to you, Like the game it does not fall of cliffs and it can pick up items.

Upward Special: Parakarry

U-Taunt: Kersti

D-Taunt: Focus

F-Taunt: Appeal

Special Taunt: Goombette comes out and does an analysis of the opponent just like Fox, Falco, and Snake.

FINAL SMASH: Star Spirits (you can select one breifly

You may applaud me now :seuss:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
We seem to all think that because Paper Mario CAN do what Mario can that it's remotely likely that Sakurai would add this version of Mario and not make use of his sole uniqueness and what makes his playable appearance meaningful. King K. Rool CAN be a clone of Bowser, that doesn't make it likely at all.

If Sakurai plans to have another semi-clone of Mario you can bet your ass it's not going to be Paper Mario. (Not to mention he'd be trolling everyone by making Paper Mario's appearance meaningless.) You may be thinking (well, you're probably not thinking if you say this.) that Ganondorf having C. Falcon's moves is trolling. Keep in mind that unlike Ganon, Ganondorf's only established abilities are Balls of Dark and Balls of Light. Sakurai making him a clone of C. Falcon while combining his magic traits made for an exciting and sufficient move set that represented Ganondorf in a meaningful way.

When you take away Paper Mario's paper and items, you take away his distinct character (unlike Toon Link & Ganondorf.) The POINT is that if Sakurai adds a semi-clone of Mario it'd most likely be Dr. Mario or Metal Mario. Do you know how dumb it'd be if you added Tanooki Mario and DIDN'T make use of what makes him unique from Mario? Not to mention EVEN LUIGI Mario's BROTHER has his own moves, you think that after adding 3 Fox type fighters and the fact that Paper Mario has more distinction from Mario than Luigi, that Sakurai would really be this stupid?

Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's not incredibly unlikely, stupid, and illogical.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
We seem to all think that because Paper Mario CAN do what Mario can that it's remotely likely that Sakurai would add this version of Mario and not make use of his sole uniqueness and what makes his playable appearance meaningful. King K. Rool CAN be a clone of Bowser, that doesn't make it likely at all.

If Sakurai plans to have another semi-clone of Mario you can bet your *** it's not going to be Paper Mario. (Not to mention he'd be trolling everyone by making Paper Mario's appearance meaningless.) You may be thinking (well, you're probably not thinking if you say this.) that Ganondorf having C. Falcon's moves is trolling. Keep in mind that unlike Ganon, Ganondorf's only established abilities are Balls of Dark and Balls of Light. Sakurai making him a clone of C. Falcon while combining his magic traits made for an exciting and sufficient move set that represented Ganondorf in a meaningful way.

When you take away Paper Mario's paper and items, you take away his distinct character (unlike Toon Link & Ganondorf.) The POINT is that if Sakurai adds a semi-clone of Mario it'd most likely be Dr. Mario or Metal Mario. Do you know how dumb it'd be if you added Tanooki Mario and DIDN'T make use of what makes him unique from Mario? Not to mention EVEN LUIGI Mario's BROTHER has his own moves, you think that after adding 3 Fox type fighters and the fact that Paper Mario has more distinction from Mario than Luigi, that Sakurai would really be this stupid?

Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's not incredibly unlikely, stupid, and illogical.
We're done here. Move on from this discussion.

Next game to be released that could warrant a character reveal is Pokemon X & Y. Who do you think we'll see before then, and who do you think will be revealed for this occasion?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Next game to be released that could warrant a character reveal is Pokemon X & Y. Who do you think we'll see before then, and who do you think will be revealed for this occasion?
No need to take it personally dude, if I want to reply to comments on the same page I'll do just that. I'm simply pointing out that based on Sakurai's patterns, there is no way he would clone Paper Mario. You guyz keep ******** "Oh, well he COULD!"Sakurai can do a lot of stupid things, but Nobody cares what Sakurai CAN do on the prediction thread especially when it's been proven to be barely even remotely likely to happen.

Getting people to move one is what I'm trying to freaking do, but apparently this rambling has been ongoing since last night.

CalumG

Smash Lord
If Sakurai plans to have another semi-clone of Mario you can bet your *** it's not going to be Paper Mario. (Not to mention he'd be trolling everyone by making Paper Mario's appearance meaningless.) You may be thinking (well, you're probably not thinking if you say this.) that Ganondorf having C. Falcon's moves is trolling. Keep in mind that unlike Ganon, Ganondorf's only established abilities are Balls of Dark and Balls of Light. Sakurai making him a clone of C. Falcon while combining his magic traits made for an exciting and sufficient move set that represented Ganondorf in a meaningful way.
If you honestly think that, then God help you. Exciting and sufficient? Make unnecessary distinctions between Ganon and Ganondorf all you like, but Ganondorf had a variety of untapped moves. Electricity, his trident, throwing his trident like a boomerang, turning invisible, teleporting, using his trident to generate rings of fireballs (and bats made of fire) - the list goes on.

Paper Mario being a clone would be "stupid and illogical". But don't act like Ganondorf wasn't - Sakurai can cite all of the development reasons he likes for Ganondorf being a clone but from a representation and character standpoint it was just as "stupid and illogical" if not more so than Paper Mario being a clone of Mario.

Or, to cite your logic from earlier in the thread:

So by your logic: because Mario has never been seen drinking a glass of water, he therefore does not have the ability to do that
Just because Ganondorf hadn't been seen shooting fireballs/electricity, teleporting and wielding hand-to-hand weapons in his human form at the time of Melee's release, doesn't mean he couldn't have done it. Ganondorf was a waste of potential and you know it.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Either Pokemon Trainer for obvious reasons, or Jigglypuff on the grounds of celebrating the new Fairy-type which they will no doubt once again mention in next month's Nintendo Direct.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
View attachment 2324

i was trying to think like sakurai..... *epic failed* -_-
Seems pretty good however, a few things I would change
-Add another Zelda character
-Either replace Chrom or Lucina(Chrom's my personal preference) with Ike
-I believe at the moment Jigglypuff has more reason to go than Lucario does.
-I'd also add back Snake and Sonic.
Other than that it seems pretty good.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
No need to take it personally dude, if I want to reply to comments on the same page I'll do just that. I'm simply pointing out that based on Sakurai's patterns, there is no way he would clone Paper Mario. You guyz keep *****ing "Oh, well he COULD!"Sakurai can do a lot of stupid things, but Nobody cares what Sakurai CAN do on the prediction thread especially when it's been proven to be barely even remotely likely to happen.

Getting people to move one is what I'm trying to freaking do, but apparently this rambling has been ongoing since last night.
Just, stop buddy. You sound ridiculous.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If you honestly think that, then God help you. Exciting and sufficient? Make unnecessary distinctions between Ganon and Ganondorf all you like, but Ganondorf had a variety of untapped moves. Electricity, his trident, throwing his trident like a boomerang, turning invisible, teleporting, using his trident to generate rings of fireballs (and bats made of fire) - the list goes on.
Can you not distinguish Ganon from Ganondorf? Or did you just see Ganondorf's name in the comment and instantly replied without reading?

from a representation and character standpoint it was just as "stupid and illogical" if not more so than Paper Mario being a clone of Mario.
Now your'e being ridiculously bias just like all the clone nazis. I already explained why it makes perfect sense and works very well.

Just because Ganondorf hadn't been seen shooting fireballs/electricity, teleporting and wielding hand-to-hand weapons in his human form at the time of Melee's release, doesn't mean he couldn't have done it. Ganondorf was a waste of potential and you know it.
Dude, act like it all you want. I've never heard a single suggestion for Ganondorf's move set that was nearly Groundbreaking or Original. You may think it's a better idea to give him a move set that resembles several characters, but I think he's better off with the move set he has now, and judging by the last 2 games so does Sakurai, so don't start declaring the stupidity of his clone status as fact, when some clearly have different opinions, and again Sakurai is very likely one of those people.

Just, stop buddy. You sound ridiculous.
There you go with the "I'm right, your wrong mentality" for like the 50th time. You know we don't all have to agree with everything you say.

I'm not just going to stop proving my point because it shows flaws in yours. If I even named half the ridiculous **** you spit out in this topic or the Dixie Kong topic. Oh, lawd have mercy.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Can you not distinguish Ganon from Ganondorf? Or did you just see Ganondorf's name in the comment and instantly replied without reading?
Make unnecessary distinctions between Ganon and Ganondorf all you like
I read. I facepalmed.

Ganon and Ganondorf are the same person. Demise and Ganon are the same person. Ganondorf and other Ganondorf from Four Sword Adventures are the same person. Heck, Malladus might even be the same guy too.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I read. I facepalmed.

Ganon and Ganondorf are the same person. Demise and Ganon are the same person. Ganondorf and other Ganondorf from Four Sword Adventures are the same person. Heck, Malladus might even be the same guy too.
Ganon & Ganondorf share the same abilities?

By your logic Samus & Zero Suit Samus are different forms of the same person so they can do the same things. Maybe you should play Zelda more because Ganondorf can do NONE of these in his human form :facepalm:

Jeeze, how the hell did I get into an argument with CalumG & Creator? And about something so stupid as Ganondorf & Paper Mario's move set???

CalumG

Smash Lord
By your logic Samus & Zero Suit Samus are different forms of the same person so they can do the same things. Maybe you should play Zelda more because Ganondorf can do NONE of these in his human form :facepalm:
If it suits the gameplay and provides a unique experience, yes. Pikachu and Pichu can both do a variety of moves they can't learn. Ness and Lucas can both do a variety of moves that they again cannot learn. Adult Link has a boomerang in Melee despite never having one, Young Link in Melee has a Bow & Arrow despite never having that, all of Zelda's magic moves are actually moves Link learns and yet it's somehow a stretch for Ganondorf to use a trident? Being a human doesn't render you unable to pick up a trident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom