• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@Arcadenik

The Toon Link in the BG is neither the same person or game model. Almost similar to DK in Brawl.
And yet people say Toad cannot be playable in SSB4 if Peach still pulls out Toad out of her dress even though there are countless Toads who look exactly like Toad. Typical Smash double standards. :rolleyes:

Espio264

Smash Ace
nintendo_mn_gb_web.jpg

This ran across my mind today. Do you guys think something like this is good representation of which characters are Nintendo All Stars? (excluding Pokemon and really new franchises)

Simple things like this that are put out and not nitpicked by an army of nerds, such as myself and all of you wonderful people, could be a big help to Sakurai (If he's not beyond such things.)

That being said, Ridley and Toad are All Stars in my, and the creators of this Monopoly edition's opinions. Dixie's looking good as well. And aparently, Oh my Glob, we're getting Waluigi and Slippy too!

Just a thought.

CalumG

Smash Lord
And yet people say Toad cannot be playable in SSB4 if Peach still pulls out Toad out of her dress even though there are countless Toads who look exactly like Toad. Typical Smash double standards. :rolleyes:
Nah man, most people know better than to be that ********. There are plenty of reasons Toad might not make it - but nobody with an ounce of sense uses that as one of them. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I never really got these arguments. Seriously, what's the point of them? If there are multiples of certain characters, what's stopping them from playing two roles? I mean we already had that with the likes of R.O.B. And games like Mario Kart does this kind of stuff all the time. :/

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This ran across my mind today. Do you guys think something like this is good representation of which characters are Nintendo All Stars? (excluding Pokemon and really new franchises)

Simple things like this that are put out and not nitpicked by an army of nerds, such as myself and all of you wonderful people, could be a big help to Sakurai (If he's not beyond such things.)

That being said, Ridley and Toad are All Stars in my, and the creators of this Monopoly edition's opinions. Dixie's looking good as well. And aparently, Oh my Glob, we're getting Waluigi and Slippy too!

Just a thought.
Metroid confirmed and King K. Rool deconfirmed. :troll:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
People say that? I thought it was because people saw Toad as a boring joke, which I don't BTW. I'd prefer it to be the blue-spotted Toad, as it's the Toad we first played as in Fake Super Mario Bros 2, is a playable character in the New Super Mario Bros games, and is the Toad confirmed for the new Super Mario 3D World.

Metroid confirmed and King K. Rool deconfirmed. :troll:
By the looks of that board, Bowser's deconfirmed too. :p

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 2366

Just a thought.

I'd say sub Toad for Bowser and Slippy for Wolf but it looks as if it's neglecting villains. Also a metroid is a no but that's due to the series having few individuals, it's the best rep for monopoly but not smash. I'd also say Waluigi shouldn't be there but Nintendo does love to over rep Mario in every possible way it can.

I can't believe we've moved from rosters to monopoly but it's a nice change.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I'd say sub Toad for Bowser and Slippy for Wolf but it looks as if it's neglecting villains. Also a metroid is a no but that's due to the series having few individuals, it's the best rep for monopoly but not smash. I'd also say Waluigi shouldn't be there but Nintendo does love to over rep Mario in every possible way it can.

I can't believe we've moved from rosters to monopoly but it's a nice change.
I can't believe I never noticed that Bowser wasn't on that. But the Metroid, Slippy and Waluigi excluded, when something like this is slapped together by people with nothing but promotional purposes, is it not a good indication of who are globally recognized as All stars? I mean seventeen of the characters (I'm counting the Blue Falcon spot too) are playable Smash characters. Should anyone with half a mind exclude Ridley, Toad and Dixie as frontrunners considering we have ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY really who should come before them, plus a few great other characters?

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
This is how i would like the roster to be, I have not been following every little piece of detail so if anyone in my roster has been confirmed to be out please bear with me...
also... idk the name that would really identify the link from ALBW so... young link it is for now... Also i wanted to add someone else from fire emblem... but dont really follow the series so im unfamiliar with its characters...

View attachment 2309
good

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I can't believe I never noticed that Bowser wasn't on that. But the Metroid, Slippy and Waluigi excluded, when something like this is slapped together by people with nothing but promotional purposes, is it not a good indication of who are globally recognized as All stars? I mean seventeen of the characters (I'm counting the Blue Falcon spot too) are playable Smash characters. Should anyone with half a mind exclude Ridley, Toad and Dixie as frontrunners considering we have ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY really who should come before them, plus a few great other characters?
I'd personally prefer to have K.Rool to Dixie Kong. He's alot more imporant to the franchise.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman

It's certainly not bad. The character selection would certainly have been run past some Nintendo big wigs who confirm they see these as the big boys (and girls). I've never played it but I can imagine Bowser being on the chance cards or something.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Out of curiosity, who's the character the majority of us want but don't expect to be in-game?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Nope, can't forget about that either. I'm just saying that even if Other M Ridley is a stage hazard, there's no reason to believe that Super Metroid Ridley can't be playable.
I just don't see how that would make any sense. It wouldn't make sense to me to have the Super Metroid Ridley be playable against the Other M Samus.

If it were the other way around, maybe I could see it. But I just don't see that happening. It's either RIdley is playable, or he isn't. if he is a stage hazard I don't think that he's going to get in otherwise.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I just don't see how that would make any sense. It wouldn't make sense to me to have the Super Metroid Ridley be playable against the Other M Samus.

If it were the other way around, maybe I could see it. But I just don't see that happening. It's either RIdley is playable, or he isn't. if he is a stage hazard I don't think that he's going to get in otherwise.
I don't see the problem with it, Super Metroid Ridley is the REAL Ridley and the real arch-enemy of Samus, Other M Ridley is just a clone with a temper-tantrum.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I don't see any Zelda reps that are very likely.
Personally, I advocate for Tetra/Toon Zelda, but that's not the point. A third KI rep is horribly unbalanced. Why would a reboot give KI two new reps? It sold really well, but so have a ton of other games.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry I've been off for so long. Just discovered 2 days ago I'm partly a primary psychopath and I've been doing some research into it.

Now if you don't mind, I have 45 pages of this forum to read through....

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I can't seem to find a roster I'll like now these days, perhaps add a little more spicy characters like Sable, Porky, King Hippo, and some others to the rosters. (but stay realistic with it)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hey Pizza, glad you could join us. I must ask, what program did you use to design your roster?

I see no real problem with it other than that of Meowth over Lucario, but you yourself went back on that and added back in Lucario, so I see no problem with it. 9.5/10. :)

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
What if Red gets a 4th Pokemon? A MegaEvoultion of a Kanto Pokemon he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom