• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
You're R.O.B. the robot?! :crazy:
*sigh*
Fine, I'll explain it then.

A primary psychopath is someone who suffers from a lack of emotional stimulus. Literally incapable of any emotion such as joy or anger, living almost robotically (although "living corpse" sounds more fitting to me...). It is someone who goes through life with no drive and has verbal interpretation problems that hinder how they interpreted someone's words in comparison to someone who is normal. Of course, a primary psychopath is also completely aware of this all throughout. It's sometimes labeled a dangerous mental disorder because the person who has it is incapable of holding any meaning to punishment or remorse.

I'm partly a primary psychopath because I hold these symptoms... but I still do hold some emotional stimulus. I still smile and laugh, but other than that it's pretty much nothing. I guess I should've noticed myself when I went strait faced all the way through Mother 3 without a tear, but then again I wasn't really aware that this was classed as a "psychopath" disorder. Oh well.
On the up side, at least I know I didn't have depression...

?????????????

Smash Master
Hey Pizza, glad you could join us. I must ask, what program did you use to design your roster?

I see no real problem with it other than that of Meowth over Lucario, but you yourself went back on that and added back in Lucario, so I see no problem with it. 9.5/10. :)
Oh, shoot, I never updated this picture. Would definitely have Lucario instead of Meowth. I still do like Meowth a lot though.

Groose

Smash Champion
here have a roster

it's a little big, probably (48)
but w/e

Plus:
Tingle. Kooloo-Limpah Power, baby!
Elite Four all present (Goddess Little K. Roodley)

Negatives:
Miis, yet no Pac-Man.
Complete dearth of well-received surprises. Think Sakurai! Sakurai likes surprises!
Lack of a random button. Gotta love that random button.

Neutral:
Somewhat reasonable roster size. 48 is my upper limit for toleration.
Takamaru as the Retro. Obvious choice, but a good one nonetheless.
Next to no cuts.

8/10. Doesn't seem too realistic, and it doesn't have any surprises. Even so, I would gladly accept the roster if it were the final one. Heck, I'd love this roster!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I have a new roster to show with updated pictures, but for now, have a couple of pictures:

Two characters who're wanted by a ton of people...never drew em until now. I feel kind of bad for waiting out on it for so long.

Groose

Smash Champion
OH GOD YOU'RE HERE.

also thing.
View attachment 2375

Pros:
Elite Four (Goddess Little K. Roodley)
Reasonable Roster Size (46 Characters)

Neutral:
Takamaru (Solid but "obvious" retro)
Minimal Cuts

Negatives:
Complete dearth of surprises.
Toon Link.
Organization could be altered a bit.

8/10
I'd personally love this roster, but there really isn't a "surprise," so I don't consider it entirely realistic. I could just use something to shake this up, if you know what I mean.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
O
Here's a list of 10 Smash related things that really grind my gears:

1. People who cut all the semi-clones
  2. People who ***** about Ganondorf's move set (I bet they wouldn't if it didn't already belong to C. Falcon)
  3. People who ***** about Miis
  4. People who add and remove characters because "Muh Recency"
  5. People add Impa with or without Sheik
  6. People who piss all over Bomberman because of reasons that haven't applied to SSB so far
  7. People who cut Pokemon Trainer
  8. People who add Tom Nook and use the same excuse to have him
  9. People who give out free passes to the original 12 JUST because they are one of the original 12
  10. TheDivineDeity
Keep in mind I'm not hating on anyone who does these things!
I feel like the original 12 comment is directed towards me...
:)

CalumG

Smash Lord
Since today appears to be roster postin' day, I'll repost my last roster which barely got any comments:

WIP.png

K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Isaac and Robin for obvious reasons. Toad completes the cast of Mario, Pac-Man for being iconic as hell, and Excitebiker and Tingle as the wildcard "what is this i dont even" characters. 45 characters, 4 cuts (Wolf, Jiggly, Snake, Toon Link).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Am I the only one who doesn't see Marth + Ike + CHROM + TAKAMARU happening? (All four of them)
In theory, no.
In practice, yes.

Mainly pointing at Chrom, because that is a character that has a lot of doubts in terms of actually providing diversity. I'm one of those people that follows a philosophy that a sword does not automatically mean unoriginality but rather the character, but that's where Chrom falls kind of flat. Not because of the sword, but rather having a lot of redundancy problems with Marth and Ike in general.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Posting this because its smart!

A smart person from Neoseeker said...

"Look at it this way. If the next picture was of the Ferox Arena stage and Sakurai said, "This is Ferox Arena, can't you imagine a gallant lord walking by any moment?" Would you say that Chrom was confirmed as a background character? Or Ganon's throne room from Ocarina? Or any other stage famous for a particular character that isn't confirmed to be in the game yet?"

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Aside from Palutena, Mii, and Tetra, it's perfect.
Thank you for the review, but if I may interject...what's wrong with Palutena and Tetra? I can understand the controversy behind Mii, but not so much the others.

"Look at it this way. If the next picture was of the Ferox Arena stage and Sakurai said, "This is Ferox Arena, can't you imagine a gallant lord walking by any moment?" Would you say that Chrom was confirmed as a background character? Or Ganon's throne room from Ocarina? Or any other stage famous for a particular character that isn't confirmed to be in the game yet?"
Not to mention that the term "appearing at any second" seems to hint that he/she may enter the battle at any moment rather than being that of a background character. It's not like it was said "An enemy from Samus' past may appear to cause trouble any moment now". Also, it's not like he went "A certain yellow blob might appear at any second" on the Wily stage.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
As for the rosters people have posted in this page:
Hotfeet, you know I usually like your rosters. 10/10 want, but I still find it very generous, as each day I'm feeling like a 50 character roster is a bit unlikely. I'm still feeling the 45. But I really like that.

Calum, I like the roster. Just replace Tingle with Toon Link and were good to ggo, although props for cutting low priority characters.

Oh yes, pizza! Welcome to the forums! Youre already well respected on here, but. I really enjoy your vids!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
As for the rosters people have posted in this page:
Hotfeet, you know I usually like your rosters. 10/10 want, but I still find it very generous, as each day I'm feeling like a 50 character roster is a bit unlikely. I'm still feeling the 45. But I really like that.

Calum, I like the roster. Just replace Tingle with Toon Link and were good to ggo, although props for cutting low priority characters.

Oh yes, pizza! Welcome to the forums! Youre already well respected on here, but. I really enjoy your vids!
I'm planning on making a new roster with 45 and some cuts sometime later, and of course, some will not be happy, but you can't please everyone right? Also, as of tomorrow, it's two weeks to my birthday! It's the big 2-0 for me! :D

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
I updated my roster, so here it is!

MyRoster2.0.png

Tell me what you guys think! :)

Oh, and hi Pizza! I've been watching you on youtube for a really long time, but I just made my youtube account. Glad to have you with us in the community! :)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

Of course, he didn't say that regarding Chrom. All you're doing by pointing that out is showing why Ridley is a different situation.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm planning on making a new roster with 45 and some cuts sometime later, and of course, some will not be happy, but you can't please everyone right? Also, as of tomorrow, it's two weeks to my birthday! It's the big 2-0 for me! :D
That'd be good!

20? Ew, I'm also figuring you're in college, too? Ugh, growing up scares me, I'm still pretty bewildered I'm a junior at high school. But besides that, happy early birthday!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Of course, he didn't say that regarding Chrom. All you're doing by pointing that out is showing why Ridley is a different situation.
I think you're missing the point.

I mean, if the same thing happened to any other character, we wouldn't think twice about it.

Meaning Ridley's situation isn't as different as we think. Why make Ridley an exception to the thinking we would have for other characters?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I CANNOT see Nintendog. PETA will go crazy. Also, Porky for Lucas makes some sense, but Lucas should be kept in. Also, VERY bold move in not adding Ridley.

8/10

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
@Hotfeet444: I know King K. Rool is the antagonist, but the unfortunate truth is that Dixie is more important to the franchise. The history of SSB & DK prove this.

Also I have a subject to talk about: If Ridley is deconfirmed, what Metroid rep are you gonna add to your roster, people?

That's exactly what I was going off of with Ridley as well. The Ridley of Other M is not the same Ridley as the Ridley from say Zero Mission or Super Metroid. There's no reason to assume we can't have Super Metroid Ridley, designed after his Brawl model, to be the playable character while Other M Ridley can be in the background.
There's ANOTHER Ridley!? Does he have relatives or something?

Personally, I advocate for Tetra/Toon Zelda, but that's not the point. A third KI rep is horribly unbalanced. Why would a reboot give KI two new reps? It sold really well, but so have a ton of other games.
There is a difference between unlikely and unbalanced. If every OTHER franchise has the amount of reps necessary than how is does it unbalance the roster? I COULD add a fifth Zelda rep by I don't really support the outcome of any other Zelda CHARACTERS being necessary. When I say that I don't mean the addition of fifth Zelda Character, I mean there's really nobody to choose from.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The thing to remember is that Ridley is like the most wanted newcomer at the moment, and as such anything that discourages such a possibility is considered a threat.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The thing to remember is that Ridley is like the most wanted newcomer at the moment, and as such anything that discourages such a possibility is considered a threat.
I agree and some people go bonkers when they face that threat...

I'd point to your sig but.... that's too cliche.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
@Hotfeet444: I know King K. Rool is the antagonist, but the unfortunate truth is that Dixie is more important to the franchise. The history of SSB & DK prove this.

Also I have a subject to talk about: If Ridley is deconfirmed, what Metroid rep are you gonna add to your roster, people?

Dixie is not more important to the franchise. K.Rool is the most recurring character after DK and Diddy, being the final boss of practically every Donkey Kong game excluding the two newer titles. Dixie was a partial main character in DKC2, the main character of DKC3, and now a playable character in Tropical Freeze, that's basically it. And as you say, recency isn't enough to warrant a character spot.

There's ANOTHER Ridley!? Does he have relatives or something?

There's Ridley's clone in Other M, and the X-Parasite that takes on the manifestation of a giant Ridley in Metroid Fusion.

CalumG

Smash Lord
New roster, whatcha guys think about it? 45 characters total (51 including transformations)

Has some surprises, such as Porky and Nintendog.
Ehhh... Solid roster for the most part, but the flaws are big ones. Diddy being combined with Dixie doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do - give her a spot of her own. Same goes with Chrom and Lucina, choose one or the other. Aside from that, Prof. Layton doesn't seem like a third-party they'd do (not getting into the fact that four third-parties seems unnecessary), Porky is a personal favourite of mine but I don't see Mother getting three spots, and Nintendog is not happening.

7.5/10 in terms of want (2.5 points removed for unnecessarily pairing characters and Nintendog), 3/10 in terms of possibility.

EDIT: I didn't see you had removed Lucas... so yeah there's that too. 6.5/10

There is a difference between unlikely and unbalanced. If every OTHER franchise has the amount of reps necessary than how is does it unbalance the roster? I COULD add a fifth Zelda rep by I don't really support the outcome of any other Zelda CHARACTERS being necessary. When I say that I don't mean the addition of fifth Zelda Character, I mean there's really nobody to choose from.
Tingle.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I CANNOT see Nintendog. PETA will go crazy. Also, Porky for Lucas makes some sense, but Lucas should be kept in. Also, VERY bold move in not adding Ridley.

8/10
I didn't want to overrepresent the Mother series, and I thought a new Mother character would be fine by me, but I'd had to replace Lucas.

Ehhh... Solid roster for the most part, but the flaws are big ones. Diddy being combined with Dixie doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do - give her a spot of her own. Same goes with Chrom and Lucina, choose one or the other. Aside from that, Prof. Layton doesn't seem like a third-party they'd do (not getting into the fact that four third-parties seems unnecessary), Porky is a personal favourite of mine but I don't see Mother getting three spots, and Nintendog is not happening.

7.5/10 in terms of want (2.5 points removed for unnecessarily pairing characters and Nintendog), 3/10 in terms of possibility.

Tingle.
I pair them as Zelda/Sheik esque characters. I figured since both Chrom and Lucina (includes Diddy + Dixie) are both popular, they can be both in as duo (Z/S esque again)

Also, I figured Nintendog might be possible, from this image here:

Sakurai might change his mind about these characters.

Jim_Puff

Smash Apprentice
New roster, whatcha guys think about it? 45 characters total (51 including transformations)

Has some surprises, such as Porky and Nintendog.
I feel...meh. Replacing Lucas, having Diddy/Dixie and Chrom/Lucina combo bothers me, and Nintendog as well. I think another retro character should be included, like how I added Sheriff in mine and Takamaru.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Ben Affleck's been cast as Batman.

Who would you cast as your favorite Smash newcomers?

Little Mac - Mark Wahlberg
Chrom - Karl Urban
Waluigi - Russel Brand
Palutena - Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Isaac - JGL

And of course Robin Williams as Ridley.
With Dwayne " The Rock" Johnson as Captain Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom