• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Display Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPSnumber1

Smash Rookie
My ultimate roster

Ok, here is my roster. Because of the number of the characters i think It would be a roster for future smash bros. games, but I think these characters have original moves and have great chances to be in the next game. I hope half of my new characters will be there.

Maybe Zoroark would replace a Pokemon character and Khrom a fire emblem character. But I hope there won't be any repalcement

Also here is my oldest version of my roster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFUwm_Dooeo

I support the idea that the retro characters would be unlocked in the 3ds smash and the newer characters in the WiiU one. At the end you can join all the characters in a unique game.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
Let's see....

1. Shadow the Hedgehog
2. Galatca Knight
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Megaman
5. Magolor.

If those characters appear in ANY part of the game, I'm happy.

BombFace

Smash Rookie
Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

The Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Young Link

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Metroid:
Samus/Zero Suit
Ridley

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo

Yoshi:
Yoshi

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon

EarthBound:
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Roy

Wario:
Wario

Kid Icarus:
Pit

Ice Climbers:
Ice Climbers

Pikmin:
Olimar

Game & Watch:
Mr. Game & Watch

Punch-Out!!!:
Little Mac

Golden Sun:
Isaac

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

Suicide Noize

Smash Rookie
We need for newcomers...

Banjo & Kazooie
Conker
Waddle Dee
Dark Samus
Ai Ai (From super monkey ball)
Deku Link (From majoras mask)
Lanky (from donkey kong)
Megaman
Walugi
Bowser Jr.
Shadow Mario
Paper Mario
Tom Nook
Wolf Link (from twilight princess)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'll be vulnerable.

Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Mario Kart
Waluigi

Paper Mario
Paper Mario

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ghirahim
Ganondorf

Donkey Kong Country
DK
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Yoshi's Island and WarioWare
Yoshi
Wario

Metroid
Samus/ZSS
Ridley
Dark Samus

Retro
R.O.B
Sukapon
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. GAW

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee

New Series
Little Mac
Olimar
Mii

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer(Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle)
Female Pokemon Trainer(Blaziken, Grovyle, Mudkip:awesome: )
Zoroark
Jigglypuff

Third Party
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

Earthbound and FE
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Ike

That's 53 characters.

peeup

Smash Lord
Newcomers in bold, also a brief note.

Super Mario Bros. (And Friends)
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Wario
Yoshi
Paper Mario (He has extreme potential for a sick moveset)

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool (Pretty much a shoe-in, his absence thus far is weird)

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo (I don't think Sakurai would want Lucario and Mewtwo, and Mewtwo wins)
Meloetta (New gen rep, also could have a cool mechanic switching formes)

Starfox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal (I vehemently dont think Starfox deserves another copy of Fox, but history says it'll get one)

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Chrom (Don't know much about FE but he seems like the most popular. I'd rather see Lyn, or even better Micaiah)

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight
Dyna Blade (Cause I see Kirby getting another rep, and wouldn't that just be ****ing awesome?)

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Majora Link (History says we get a Link clone, and I see a re-release of Majora's Mask in the near future. So he's here for promotional purposes)

Pikmin
Olimar

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley (I personally think Ridley would look clunky/awkward as a playable character, but it seems like you're only cool these days if Ridley's on your roster)

Retro
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
R.O.B.
Duck Hunt Dog (Would be an amazing retro/shock character IMO. Don't actually think he'll be in, but it'd be a dream come true. #fanboy)
Takamaru (Made a lil debut in Nintendo Land, so people would know who he is)
Balloon Fighter (He's been trying to get in since melee, I think it's time)

Third Party
Sonic
Snake
Heihachi (Obligatory Namco rep, he's very well known and has a history being in crossovers: PSAS and the PS2 version of SC2)
Megaman (Most popular 3rd party after Sonic, as far as I'm aware)

Punch Out
Little Mac
(See Balloon Fighter)

Golden Sun
Isaac
(See Little Mac)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
this is me being nitpicky so you know realise that it is my opinion. but as far as a prediction roster goes its not that great. IF Kirby got a new rep it would probably be Bandana Dee just cause he does lead in polls and a lot of people want him for some reason. that being said Dyna Blade would make a good boss battle.

Majora's Mask Link= though a rerelease is plausible it shouldn't be counted on. frankly i still maintain that Toon Link can stay but thats just me.

Melotta= eh theres better Pokemon reps in general. 5th gen included. frankly i didn't remember which one this was till i googled it.

Krystal= the only starfox character that would be hard to make a clone of so in that regards im for it. though I agree Starfox doesn't need another rep

Duck Hunt Dog= I just don't see it I think he's better suited for an assist trophy.

Hehaichi= sorry im a Pac-Man fan.

other than that its just stuff like I would choose Bowser Jr over Paper Mario and leave out Golden Sun completely but yeah thats just me.

BlindLucas

Smash Rookie

I tried to weigh the significance of each series included against character uniqueness and my personal preferences.

Subtractions: Toon Link, Snake

Toon Link was removed because Zelda has such a rich character pool to draw from and having two versions of the same character with so many other interesting characters to pick from seems like a waste.
Snake has always been a puzzling addition to Brawl for me. He sticks out among the other characters and since I don't want to include more than a few third party characters, he got cut in favour of others.

Replacements: Impa (Sheik), Yarn Kirby (Kirby), Zoroark (Lucario)

Impa adopts Sheik's moveset with minor changes. The transform animation can be easily switched out for a "tag out" animation. I like the idea of updating the Zelda/Sheik combo and since Zelda will most likely be portrayed as her SS likeness, it makes sense to have Impa there as well.
I replaced Kirby with Yarn Kirby, but this would be mostly an aesthetic change with maybe one or two new moves taken from Kirby's Epic Yarn. I would not change Kirby's name to Yarn Kirby either, so it really is just a glorified costume.
Zoroark could adopt Lucario's moveset with minor changes.

Additions: Geno, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Skull Kid, Vaati, Midna, Porky, Ridley, Lyn, Robotnik, Palutena, Tom Nook, Isaac, Little Mac, Professor Layton, Crono, Mega Man

Geno is a character I have wanted in Smash for a long time just because he is unique and I would like to see what the devs could come up with for his move set. His inclusion raises the number of Mario reps to seven (say what you will, I still consider Wario and Yoshi as Mario reps).
King K. Rool is a no-brainer. Major villain from a major series, should have been in Brawl.
Now the four new Zelda characters - I know, four seems like a lot. Toon Link is not in the roster, so consider one of these characters as a sort of replacement Zelda rep. My justification for so many new Zelda characters is that Zelda is, as far as I can tell, just as popular as Mario among Nintendo fans AND it has a much more promising and larger list of characters to choose from. I think you could make a brawler with only Zelda characters and not run out of interesting additions, so raising the number of reps from four to seven matches Mario (again, Wario and Yoshi are Mario characters), which in my view is more than reasonable given the fanfare around these two franchises.
Okay, so, Ghirahim is one of the most requested characters already and justifiably so. He has an interesting story and personality and he comes with an almost pre-built move set. A perfect candidate for Smash.
Skull Kid has appeared in multiple games, starred as a quasi-villain in MM, has the potential to add a truly unique fighting style to the roster and is beloved by many.
Vaati is another oft-requested character and another major villain. He would be the Four Swords representative and again has great potential in terms of move set.
Midna is the most complex companion character in the franchise, has a big fan following, is a magic user.
Porky provides a villain rep for Mother/Earthbound, appears with Ness and Lucas in those games and offers more variability compared to Ninten.
Ridley is another obvious one - major villain from major Nintendo franchise.
I have to admit, I'm not very familiar with the FE franchise, but Lyn is a female character, which is a plus and had a lot of support during the lead up to Brawl's release. I would not be against replacing her with another FE character (Cellica?), but do think the series deserves another representative.
Robotnik's inclusion is of course dependent on Sonic being in the game. I want him in for the same reasons as Ridley and K. Rool.
Palutena has high potential for a unique play style, is more relevant after the release of Uprising and is a female character on top of that.
Animal Crossing deserves a character this time around and Tom Nook is my preferred rep from the series. Villager is a little too generic for my tastes (same reason I don't support Mii). I'm willing to swap him out for another AC rep.
Isaac brings another series into the fold, is popular among fans and has promising magic attack possibilities. I think he's pretty cool.
Little Mac is the obligatory classic games representative.
I would really like to see Professor Layton in the game. The stories and animation in his franchise are top-notch and puzzle games are underrepresented in Smash. The developers could really get creative designing his move set.
Square should have a rep and Crono is a better fit than FF characters. His game was exclusive to a Nintendo system, he is more recognizable than any one FF character before FFVII, which was not on a Nintendo console. I'd be really interested in seeing an updated character design for him. Terra from FFVI and Moogle would be suitable replacements, but I'd much rather have Crono.
Mega Man is obviously a classic character. He has relatively new main series games (9 and 10) and his ability to mimic the powers of defeated opponents could be a really cool idea for Smash.

DarkAres

Smash Rookie

Alright, my current preferred (but still somewhat realistic) roster looks like the following. I'll explain specifics below:

So, things to talk about.

Super Mario Brothers doesn't need a new rep, in my opinion. We've got the hero, the sidekick, the main female, and the main enemy. Not to mention Yoshi, Wario, and even DK can also partially be considered Mario characters. I used to support Toad, but I came to realize that adding even one more Mario character would just give the series too much weight.

Similarly, neither Yoshi nor Wario Ware/Wario Land need any new reps.

Now Donkey Kong I changed up a good bit. DK remains the same, but Diddy is now a tag-team with Dixie. Like the Ice Climbers, they execute attacks together. However, only some attacks (Smash attacks, maybe some specials) involve both Kongs; otherwise only the one in the lead does the attack while leaving the other one in the back as aesthetics. Diddy's moveset is unchanged minus Down B becoming Switch with Dixie. Main reason I did this was because I feel both Diddy and Dixie deserve to be in, but that 4 DK reps is overkill. It also represents the tag-team system that was a major part of what made DKC2 so fun to me as a kid. And like most people, I'm also throwing in K. Rool because I feel he is one of Nintendo's most iconic villains (not to mention he has huge moveset potential between being a king, pirate, scientist, and boxer).

Next is Legend of Zelda, which has no new characters. Link and Zelda/Sheik get Skyward Sword designs. Gannondorf could get a partial SS-inspired design too, I guess. Like most people, I feel both Gannondorf and Toon Link need completely new movesets; Gannondorf would be a magic swordsman, and Toon Link would rely on some of the crazier LoZ items to differentiate himself.

Fire Emblem is a tricky one given that there are many deserving reps. Given the popularity of Awakening, I think it's safe to say FE will get 3 reps. Marth remains as the main character of the largest amount of games (not to mention the first). Ike VS Krom was tricky for me given that both fight very similarly. Krom is newer, but we can't gauge his Western popularity yet given that Awakening isn't out here. Considering a new FE may be on the way by the time this game is done, Krom's popularity may not stand the test of time. However, we've already seen that Ike remains popular even years after his games came out. Add in that he has the potential to be a lot more unique (Ragnell lasers, axes) and represents Tellius (wheras Krom represents the same continent as Marth), and I think Ike has more of an advantage. The third rep I rounded out as Anna given that she is a recurring character in the series. It's true she doesn't hold much importance story-wise, but she is sort of an "all continents" rep, not to mention she can have a unique fighting style using staves and maybe even magic given the Class Change abilities in Awakening.

Metroid is a simple one; keep Samus/Zero Suit, and add the heavily requested Ridley. He'd be unique, he holds importance and popularity, and he's been hinted at since the Melee intro.

For Pokemon it's a bit hard to say. First off, I believe the Pokemon Trainer will have newer gen Pokemon (one of which should be Lucario). Given that, I opted to use a more recent Pokemon Trainer that is the female from Gen 5. Why? Pokemon Trainer can easily be either gender, so why not use this as a chance to add in another female character? Besides Lucario, I'm not sure which Pokemon she should use since I stopped following the series a good while ago. Pikachu and Jigglypuff remain unchanged, and a Gen 6 rep is added. Yes, Gen 6. If it's not out by then, it will at least be in development and have a few Pokemon ready to use for advertising. I considered Mewtwo, but I think that'd be too many Pokemon reps.

In addition to keeping Captain Falcon, F-Zero gets a much deserved second rep in Black Shadow. I think we'd all like to recreate the famous Falcon Punch scene, no? Besides that, the anime seems to have made him quite popular, and there is the option for him to take Gannondorf's moveset (though I've heard many Black Shadow fans who would think otherwise).

Kirby's Dreamland remains the same character-wise. I don't think we need any more reps.

Given that Kid Icarus is Sakurai's new favourite thing, I could definitely see a second rep. Prior to Uprising I would have suggested Medusa, but she proved less important while Palutena proved to be both very important and very popular. So Palutena it is.

Mother remains the same. I contemplated swapping out Lucas for Masked Man, but decided against it.

Pikmin is fine with just Olimar. It's kind of hard to add another rep anyways.

Little Mac appears to represent Punch-Out, which is both a popular retro title and one that was revived to some success lately on the Wii. He's been wanted for a while as well from what I understand, and he could easily be the new Codec character with the aid of Doc Louis.

Star Fox gets a bit of an overhaul. Fox remains the same, but Wolf gets all new B Moves. Krystal then replaces Falco given that she has a higher chance of being unique, and she seems at least equally as popular as the bird.

Moving onto more new reps, Xenoblade was critically acclaimed and is one of Nintendo's newest IPs, so Shulk deserves a spot. Given the Monado powers, he could play very interestingly.

Isaac seems the best rep from Golden Sun given the popularity of the first one in the series.

Muddy Mole of Mole Mania is kind of an odd one. In all honesty, my final roster was 49 characters, but for the sake of neatness in the picture I felt a 50th was needed. I eventually decided on Muddy Mole given that Mole Mania fits that role of "retro game most people forgot about". Plus the digging segments of Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword reminded me a LOT of Mole Mania.

Lip of Panel de Pon is way overdue for being a rep in my books. She's the star of a long-running series of fair popularity, and she's got a unique style to boot. We've even had the Lip's Stick item around since Melee, so why not just add Lip already? She's one of my most requested new series newcomers, actually.

Then we've got the Dog from Duck Hunt. Another retro rep that I think I want playable more to beat the crap out of then to actually control. Duck Hunt is very well-known, so I think the Dog would be well-received. I've also seen tons of great moveset ideas for him involving the Light Zapper.

Then the Ice Climbers of Ice Climber return, because...why not?

Same with Mr. Game and Watch, and R.O.B. Neither are characters you'd expect to get in, but I don't see a reason to cut them now that they are in.

Finally Animal Crossing gets the last Nintendo rep of Tom Nook. Somewhere between a villain and a hero, this raccoon is a great representation of one of Nintendo's most successful series of the last decade. And being a storeowner gives him access to all sorts of items he can use to wreak havoc in battle. Just imagine him running at you with the Golden Shovel.

With the Nintendo reps done, it's time to move onto third-party. Sonic the Hedgehog's namesake is insanely popular and often seen as a rival to Mario, so he stays (though with a better moveset).

Now I removed Snake and replaced him with Simon Belmont of Castlevania. I know Snake is very popular lately, but I see Konami's most important series to Nintendo as Castelvania, not Metal Gear. So I simply swapped Konami reps as I saw fit. Snake didn't even get in as anything more than a favour between friends, after all.

As for new third-party reps of new companies, I thought of three. Megaman gives us Classic Megaman since he was a big seller on the NES, and has continued to be important to Nintendo since. Plus he was given the shaft in MvC3, so he at least deserves to get in here.

With Namco-Bandai helping make the game, it's nor surprise we get Pac-Man's hero as a playable character. Plus he's a very retro rep.

I round off the third-party reps with one to represent the very popular Square-Enix. A company known for Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, it seemed best to combine the two series into the rep of Slime and Chocobo. Particularly I imagine the Slime would ride on the Chocobo's back.

And that, my friends, is my roster as of this point in time. It may be subject to change in the future. Thanks for reading.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
44 slot version. Updated 2/20

Super Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

DK Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi

Wario Series:
Wario

Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (Must have an adjusted moveset that reflects his appearance in OoT and TP)
Toon Link.

Metroid:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Retro:
Pit
Game&Watch
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Megaman

Kirby Series:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

StarFox Series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf (Must have an adjusted moveset to stay on the roster.)

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth
Chrom

Earthbound Series:
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon

Pikmin:
Captain Olimar

Sonic Series:
Sonic

Metal Gear Solid:
Snake

Golden Sun:
Isaac:

Namco Bandai:
Lloyd Irving

Xenoblade:
Shulk

Punch-Out:
Little Mac

Last Slot:
Random OR an actual character. Possible characters are:
Palutena, Roy, Takamaru, Professor Layton, Saki, and Simon Belmont

I excluded any and all Square Enix-related characters because as cool as it would to be to see characters like Cloud, Sora, Geno, and/or Crono, it's not very realistic due to excessive copy-right issues.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What i think the Sm4sh Roster will be.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120327024815/ssb/images/2/26/Landmaster_wtf.jpg

:phone:

My Realistic Speculation Roster:
Add ons from Brawl minus Lucario

Littlemac
Takamaru
Ridley
Dixxie/King K.Rool
Palutena
Zoroark/Victini/Genesect/Melotta/6th Gen
New Fire Emblem Rep
Megaman
Samurai Goroh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a Question:

When all you guys are doing these lists are you doing em as Brawl Add ons? (No one being cut/replaced)
or you just simply stating who you think the Newcomers will be Reguardless if any Brawl chars gets cut/replaced

1/9/2013 update

45 Slots:

Mushroom Kingdom:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario

Donkey Kong:
DK
Diddy
K.Rool

LoZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik or Impa
Ganondorf
??????

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
??????
??????

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Mother:
Ness
Lucas/Masked man Claus

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Metroid:
Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus:
Pit
??????

Kirby:
Kirby
Uberknight
King DeDeDe

Fire emblem:
Marth
??????
??????

Retro's, Others & Newcomers:

Olimar
R.O.B
Ice Climbers
G&W
Little Mac
Takamaru
????????
????????
????????

Third Party:
??????
??????

~ Fair, Balanced, Perfect ! ~

2/6/2013

My prediction is that the will be between 4-10 new characters :)

4/29/2013

This is defenetly the most exciting wet pants worthy thread.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
Mario:
1)Mario
2)Luigi
3) Peach
4) Bowser
5) Bowser Jr.
(I think Bowser Jr. should be in it as he seems fairly popular and has a semi importent role in the mario universe)

Paper Mario:
6) Paper Mario
(He has a steady fanbase and four games and a lot of potential to be more unique then mario)

Yoshi:
7) Yoshi
(No change)

Wario Ware:
8) Wario
(Most likely no change)

Donkey Kong:
9) Donkey Kong
10 + 11)Diddy + Dixie(Can use each sepreate or as tag team)
12) King K Rool
(A pretty big change with 2 newcomers AND a new thing for SSB, where a tag team could work as individual fighters)

Legend of Zelda:
13) Link
14) Zelda(Sheik)
15) Ganondorf
16) Toon Link
(I do think Toon link and Ganondorf should return with different movesets)

Metroid:
17) Samus
18) Ridley
(Nothing to say)

Kirby:
19: Kirby
20: Meta Knight
21: King Dedede

Starfox:
22: Fox
23: Wolf
24: Krystal
(I just don't see Falco returning. He seems to be as improtent to the series as Slippy is and I don't think he has as much popularity as he did.)

Pokemon:
25. Pikachu
26. Lucario/Zoroark/Sixth gen pokemon
27. Pokemon Trainer
(now as to who will pokemon trainer use? I have no idea.)

Fire Emblem
28) Marth
29) Krom
30) Ike

G+W
31: Mr. Game and Watch

Famicon:
32: R.O.B

Kid Icarus:
33. Pit
34. Palutena
(As much as I would love Viridi or Hades. I think only Palutena will be added and Hades as a boss)

Earthbound:
35: Ness
36: Lucas

F-Zero:
37: Captian Falcon

Ice Climbers:
38: Ice Climbers

Pikman:
39: Olimar
(Small changes with new pink and rock pikman from the new game)

New Francises:
40: Takamaru
41: Muddy Mole
42: Balloon Fighter
43: Shulk

Third Party:
44: Megaman
45: Sonic

Outs:
1) Falco
2) Snake
3) Jigglypuff

Barely Missed: ( People who I think may be in the fifth installment if they have more gamesand more importence)
1) Girahim(LoZ)
2) Mona(Wario Ware)
3) Professer E Gadd (Luigi, yes Luigi may get his own francise in SSB 5)
4) Ray 01 (May be in SSB 4 but needs one more game first)
5) Masked Man(Poplarity seems decent but I doubt he'll be in it. I would love to see him though)
6) Magnus (I'm on the edge with him. I still think Sakurai won't want to put too many Kid Icarus characters in the game right yet)
7) As awesome as it would be I do not think we will get an Animal Crossing rep but I wouldnk't be surprised to see Smashville or another AC stage in SSB 4)

My latest roster, picture is a little outdated since the newer version of it had the Zelda character as Zelda/Impa

1/8/2013

A roster I tossed together in the program

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Super Mario Bros.
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Wario
Yoshi
Bowser Jr. /Shadow Mario

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Different Pokemon)
Mewtwo (I don't think Sakurai would want Lucario and Mewtwo, and Mewtwo wins)
Zoroark (Replace Lucario- Lucario's time is up)

Starfox
Fox
Falco (or replaced by see Krystal)
Wolf
Krystal

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas or a replacement for Lucas

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim or Majora Link

Pikmin
Olimar

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Retro
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
R.O.B.

Third Party
Sonic
Snake
Megaman (Most popular 3rd party after Sonic)

Punch Out
Little Mac

Golden Sun
Isaac

Xenoblade
Shulk

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Today i realize how hard should be for Sakurai think about the rooster, when I try to limit myself to 39 characters.
I know some erros like:
Unlikely Micaiah will appear on the game, and Marth should returns... but for me is it.

1/27/2013

I think this game can't have more than 40 chars...
Sakurai already said he want more balance, and with more chars, then is harder.
The anything i could change in my rooster to be more real is :

-->Erase : Micaiah,Travis,Ike
-->Join: Krom,Shulk,Marth

And I believe in the others:

goldglover5

Smash Rookie
Since Smash Bros 4 needs a limited amount of new characters, I say there should be 13 new characters at most, with 2 new 3rd party characters at the most. Some people forget this game is Nintendo, and add at least 7 for their list, which is too much. I only have 1 3rd party character on my list that would make sense for Smash Bros 4. If anyone has other suggestions for characters, just tell me.

1. Sora, Kingdom Hearts (3rd party, but at least 7 games on the Nintendo console.)

2. Bowser Jr, Mario

3. Hammer Bro, Mario

4. Roy, Fire Emblem (But keeping Marth and Ike in the game with him.)

5. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, Yoshi (like the ice climbers)

6. Toad, Mario

7. Zoroark, Pokemon

8. Mii, Nintendo

9. Ghirahim, Zelda

10. Paper Mario, Paper Mario

11. Shulk, Xenoblade Chronicles

12. Bandana Waddle Dee, Kirby

13. Palutena, Kid Icarus

FishSlappinDance

Smash Cadet
Here's my prediction:

My only thought is that maybe I put too much third-party characters.

UPDATE:

Layout:
* Reverted to Brawl's layout. I tried to go for a theme for each column (ex. Mario, Retro, TPC). It's really more organized than Melee's, you have to admit.
* Opted to make half the roster unlockable, that's the fun of it, right?

Character Selection:
* Removed Hilbert in favor of Red. Red's a hit with Pokemon fans plus he recently appeared in Black 2/White 2. Also, not all generations are represented in Smash so I decided to keep it to characters that have appeared in past installments.
* Cleaned up third-party characters, this is a Nintendo fighter, so I think four is good enough.
* Updated most characters to their most recent renditions (Fire Emblem & Zelda characters).

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Mario series:
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario

WarioWare series:
Wario

Yoshi series:
Yoshi

Donkey Kong series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Pikmin:
Olimar

F-Zero:
Cpt. Falcon

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Takamaru
R.O.B

New series:
Little Mac
Shulk

Pokemon series:
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Not sure which gen)
Lucario
Mewtwo
Gen 6 poster pokemon

Metroid series:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Kid Icarus series:
Pit
Palutena

Legend of Zelda series:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra or Tingle

Star Fox series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kirby series:
Kirby
King DeDeDe
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem series:
Chrom
Marth
Ike
Roy

Mother series:
Ness
Lucas

Third Parties:
Sonic
Snake
Pacman
Megaman

Roster is subject to change.
12 newcomers, 2 old comers.
Changed some things around, removed one, added one.
Just got rid of bandana dee, and added megaman.
48 Total, Jigglypuff left. Added shulk.

vinson12

Smash Cadet
Subtractions: R.O.B JigglyPuff, Lucario,
Additions: Bowser JR, Waluigi, Rosalina, Gen 3 Pokemon Trainer Female, Zorark, Ghirahim, Lyndis, Tails, King K rool, Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, Black Shadow, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Megaman, Vaati, Second Yoshi?????????? ( reportedly the makers of yoshi land want one in idk much about that) there we go 50 characters.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Mario Series:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr

The most popular franchise, I think they will get another character. Was between Jr and Paper Mario ( personally I dont think Toad or Waluigi stand a real chance), and Jr was my pick. A Shadow Mario transformation perhaps?

DK Series:

DK, Diddy, King K. Rool

One of my most wanted characters, his potential is just unreal. Plus, villians are always welcome. He has charisma, popularity, loads of possible moves. Hope Sakurai doesnt miss it.

Yoshi Series

Yoshi. Nothing to say here.

Wario Series

Wario. See Yoshi.

Zelda

Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link

I just dont see any new character taking a spot. Ganon needs to be even more different that Falcon.

Metroid

Samus, Zamus, Ridley

We shouldnt even be debating this. Probably the greatest abscence of the Brawl roster.

Kirby Series

Kirby, Metaknight (nerfeeeed), King Dedede.

Star Fox Series

Fox, Falco, Wolf or Krystal

Im surprised to see some people think Falco will get cut. He is very popular for any smasher. About Wolf: Im not very sure hes returning, especially if Krystal is one of the most wanted females. At the same time, I have no problem if he returns.

Pokemon Series

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Zoroark

I dont know absolutely nothing about the new generations, but I see Zoroark is very popular. And with Mewtwo probably returning after the huge backlash Sakurai got, I think Lucario is getting axed.

F-ZERO

Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh

With all the "love" F-Zero is getting for Nintendo, I highly doubt this. But one can dream right?

Mother:

Ness, Lucas.

Fire Emblem:

Marth, Ike, Roy.

Going safe here (not familiar with the franchise at all). Besides, Roy is huge in Japan.

Pikmin:

C. Olimar.

Kid Icarus:

Pitt, Palutena

The series will get attention. Plus, shes a female and a very popular one.

Retro:

Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, R.O.B. Takamaru, Little Mac

Mac is a safe choice. Takamaru will be the surprise (for casual fans at least).

Third Party

Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Pac Man

Megaman is probably top 3 in most wanted character. And bringing Pac Man to fight with Mario and Sonic....that would be a HUGE appeal for potential buyers.

That leaves of with 46 character without counting the transformations. Kind of a realistic numer if you ask me. I tried to avoid going over the top with the choices.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Since it's not too long until they reveal some news about the new smash bros games I thought I'd log on and share my prediction. (along with a couple hopes clearly marked in blue)

Mario Series

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Fawful

I don't really expect a change for the Mario series. I would love love love to see Fawful make an appearance but I think it's more likely that nothing will happen here. Seriously when will they throw the wonderful Mario & Luigi games a bone?

Legend of Zelda Series

6. Link
7. Zelda/Shiek
8. Ganondorf
9. Ghirahim
10. Toon Link

I would say it's reasonably likely that we'll see Ghirahim added to the fold. Toon Link is an odd one although with the Wind Waker HD coming out I figure he'll make a return. Ghirahim will be the only new addition for the zelda series.

Pokemon Series

11. Pikachu
12. Jigglypuff
13. Pokemon Trainer (probably different look and starters)
14. Blackbelt (Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop)

It just wouldn't be the same without Jigglypuff so I don't think she's going anywhere. I'm not sure if Zoroark will be playable....he doesn't seem to be as popular as Lucario was. I think they might have something surprising in store for the pokemon series but I can't tell what.

Kirby Series

15. Kirby
16. Meta Knight
17. King Dedede

Don't think there will be any change here.

Yoshi Series

18. Yoshi

Wario Series

19. Wario

Donkey Kong Series

20. Donkey Kong
21. Diddy Kong

I'm not sure if King K. Rool is relevant enough today to warrant being included.

Metroid Series

22. Samus/Zero Suit

I don't see Ridley happening.

F-Zero

23. Captain Falcon

Star Fox Series

24. Fox
25. Falco
26. Krystal

I'm not sure how popular Wolf is....but I can't help feeling he's one of the more expendable smash fighters. I think if they're really listening to what the fans want Krystal should be in.

Mother/Earthbound Series

27. Ness
28. Lucas

Pikmin Series

29. Captain Olimar

Fire Emblem Series

30. Marth
31. Ike
32. FE character from the latest 3DS game (Chrom?)

Really uncertain about this one, the only one I feel confident about is Marth.

Kid Icarus Series

33. Pit
34. Paluntena

Not sure about Paluntena but I put her in the list as a precaution.

Retro

35. Ice Climbers
36. Game & Watch
37. R.O.B
38. Little Mac

Retro is going to be impossible to predict, I'm sure they have some totally random retro character lined up but I'll just put Little Mac in the list for now.

Third Party

39. Sonic
40. Snake
41. Bayonetta
42. Some namco character (since they're involved in development)
43. Steel Samurai

This one is tough to predict because Sonic and Snake might turn out to be one offs. I left them in but it's third party so anything could happen. I do have an odd feeling that Bayonetta will make an appearance, there will probably be some left field addition that comes about through casual discussion between developers.

Also it will never happen but I would love to play as the Steel Samurai from the Ace Attorney series.

New Series

44. Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
45. Isaac or Matthew (Golden Sun)
46. Mii Character (Wii U)
47. Animal Crossing character

This is where it gets interesting, there's definitely a bunch of new series with fighter potential. I don't care how peaceful the animal crossing characters are, they need to put their fists up! I would love to see this smash bros be the one to throw some of the more minor series like Golden Sun a bone.

Pushmo is a very popular new Nintendo series but I think it'll get a stage instead...Mallo doesn't look like much of a fighter. On a final note I could see there being somewhere between 45 and 50 playable characters.

Eagle

Smash Lord

I don't think Rob would be removed, but I didn't want to not add a retro character either and it would leave my roster looking awkward with 51 slots.

Also, with Gen 6 coming I think it'd either be Zoroark or whatever equivalent.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well, here is my roster, V.03. Enjoy?
Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi

WarioWare Series:
Wario

Donkey Kong Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King. K. Rool

Zelda Series:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Kirby Series:
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo

Metroid Series:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Star Fox Series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Earthbound Series:
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Chrom

F-Zero Series:
Captain Falcon

Golden Sun Series:
Issac

Xenoblade Series:
Shulk

Punch Out!! Series:
Little Mac

Retro:
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Takamaru

Pikmin Series:
Olimar and Pikmin

Kid Icarus Series:
Pit
Palutena

Third Party:
Sonic
Snake
Megaman
Pac-man

...And there you have it. Note, this roster is subject to change in the future.
Now, for the rejected newcomers:
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Tingle
Ghirahim
Impa
Dixie Kong
Zoroark
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Lloyd
Second Sonic Rep
Balloon Fighter
Animal Crosser
Tom Nook
Roy
Waddle Dee
Deoxys
Medusa
Adam
Dark Samus
Muddy Mole

Also keep in mind that some rejects may be added to my short DLC list which will be an edit.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Here's my prediction roster. It's my first time doing something like this, so I spent some time doing research and planning and whatnot. Shout out to Jakor's Roster Maker and the peeps who gave me feedback on my roster (you know who you are!). I tried to be as realistic as possible, although I showed some bias towards some characters.

Notes

-49 character slots. Total playable characters: 54, including newcomers, transformations, returnees (Mewtwo and Roy), and everyone from Brawl returns
-Bowser Jr. could be easily swapped with Toad. I could see either/or
-I feel like Zelda should get another rep, but I'm still debating on who. But I can defiantly see Ganondorf in his WW sytle + moveset
-For the Pokemon placeholder, I could see Zoroark or Genesect. But a 6th gen is always a possibility, although we have little info on Gen VI as of now. Who knows, I'll probably update my roster in the future
-Duck Hunt Dog represents a wtf character. Ah wtf characters, they're hard to predict, no? I could see Sheriff in DH Dog's place as well. But, we're going to get surprises, one way or another. Sheriff, yo!

The characters below I think have a low(er) possibility of getting in, but I'd still love to play as them. I guess they're like wishlist characters.

Updates

-Replaced Duck Hunt Dog with Sheriff
-Here's a YouTube vid of my roster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b4XeunUdDg in case people want to comment or whatevs

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Well, here's my roster. I expect that most characters that were in melee and brawl (excluding R.O.B, Olimar, and Ice Climbers) will make a return, so I'll just list the newcomers (don't really expect a lotta 3rd party characters):
Roster v.1.2

Nintendo:
1. K.Rool
2.Impa
3.Palutena
4.Hades
5.Galacta Knight
6.Knuckles
7.Tails

3rd Party (Capcom and Square-Enix):
1.Sora
2.Cloud
3.Ryu
4.Mega Man

Total Characters: 40

Capick

Smash Rookie
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Total of 42 characters, split up between the starter roster and the ones you have to unlock. A few notes:
-Cuts are R.O.B., Wolf, Lucario and Kanto Trainer. Replaced Wolf because they won't want three versions of Fox again, and they know people would miss Falco a lot more than Wolf.
-Currently 11 newcomers: K. Rool, Ridley, Crystal, New Pokemon Trainer, Paletuna, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Paper Mario, Takamaru, Shulk, and Mewtwo (if that counts).
-Jigglypuff, may or may not be cut for a Sixth Gen Pokemon. It depends how popular the "poster" Pokemon for the Sixth Gen is.
-Didn't add a Fire Emblem character. Marth and Ike are by far the most important to that franchise, and it's not really close. Neither of them are getting replaced, and no one else is important enough.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Might as well make one myself.

Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

DK Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi

Wario Series:
Wario

Legend of Zelda Series:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Metroid Series
Samus /Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby Series:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Starfox Series:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (with Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard)
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo

Mother Series:
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero Series:
Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem Series:
Marth
Ike
Roy

Ice Clmiber Series:
Ice Climbers

Game & Watch Series:
Mr. Game & Watch

Gyromite Series:
R.O.B.

Kid Icarus Series:
Pit
Palutena

Pikmin Series:
Olimar

Xenoblade Series:
Shulk

Golden Sun Series:
Isaac

Punch Out!! Series:
Little Mac

Third Party Series:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I should make one, i guess.

Newcomers in red

Mario Series:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Paper Mario

Zelda Series:
Link, Toon Link, Zelda/Shiek, Ganondorf, Tingle

Donkey Kong Series:
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool

Wario Series:
Wario

Metroid Series:
Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley

Fire Emblem Series:
Marth, Ike, Roy, Chrom

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi

Retro:
R.O.B., Takamaru, Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers

Kid Icarus Series:
Pit, Palutena

Kirby Series:
Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede

Star Fox Series:
Fox, Falco, Wolf

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer Red, Lucario, Mewtwo

Mother Series:
Ness, Lucas

F-Zero Series:
Captain Falcon

Pikmin Series:
Olimar

Punch Out!! Series
Little Mac

Golden Sun Series:
Isaac

Third Party:
Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, Pac-Man

This is my dream roster:
[WARNING]: Contains 80 characters

Note: For anyone puzzled by the presence of both Toon Link and Young Link, Young Link inherits Toon link's Brawl moveset, while Toon Link becomes full-fledged unique character.

Fox/Hound-Doppelganger

Smash Rookie
Hey yall I'm new here. Huge Smash fanatic. SOOOO excited for the next games. Anyways, My roster prediction is rather huuuuuge, but please note I am including the full cast list I feel will be in BOTH games, not specifying which characters will be in which game, along with explanations for characters who are added, or removed, no pictures, if you don't know who the character is, look them up! *As a side note, there will NOT be any new Sonic characters in this roster, nor third parties having more than one representative. Now... let's begin!

MARIO SERIES
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
*Bowser Jr
*(possibly) Paper Mario
Ok, so no characters are getting scrapped from the Mario series (duhh...), but my bet goes for Bowser Jr. Why? He's cute, he's a villain, great potential moveset, etc. Paper Mario is also a possible option, because everybody loves paper mario, and he would be to Mario as Toon Link is to Link, which is fine by me. But still, my money is on Bowser Jr for a new Mario series rep.

DONKEY KONG SERIES
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
**Dixie Kong
*King K. Rool
The double asterisk by Dixie means either she will be included as a new fighter (maybe) or she will be a dual fighter with Diddy. I see this happening to 1.) save space on the roster, and 2.) although she was in the forbidden seven, her role was as a dual character, Diddy's partner in crime. And frankly I'd be fine with that, replace Diddy's down b banana throw to a down b partner hand-clap switch and give Dixie the banana throw! Oh and K. Rool? He is a shoe-in in my opinion, do I need to explain?

YOSHI SERIES
Yoshi
***Debu?
Debu(?) has a triple asterisk because, well, I don't know who it is. But apparently, according to a rumor by a Namco worker working on SSB4 game development, Debu is a Yoshi character that is questionably going to be in the new "Yoshi's Epic Yarn" or whatever its called game for the Wii U. Do I believe it, I don't know, but the Yoshi series needs some love in my opinion!

WARIO SERIES
Wario
*Waluigi
Gahh, as much as I LOATHE the guy, I think his chances of being in SSB4 as a fighter on either console are pretty dang high. I mean, people want him, he's villainous, "EHH WALUIGI! Everybody's cheating but MEEEE!" you get it...

ZELDA SERIES
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
*Ghirahim
Sorry folks, but Toon Link isn't going anywhere! Especially with a Wind Waker HD Remake, Toon Link is as relevant as ever. Ghirahim? My goodness, is he fabulous. Amazing moveset potential, original character (unlike SS Impa, who in my professional opinion would be EXACTLY like Sheik, who isn't going anywhere either) and Ghirahim is just deliciously evil... I think he would be a great fit.

METROID SERIES
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
*Ridley
PLEASE NINTENDO PLEASE. The fans want Ridley. I want Ridley. HE'S SO FRIGGIN COOL. Just shrink him down plop him in and boom. The greatest decision ever made.

KID ICARUS SERIES
Pit
*Paluntena
People want her in the next game. She's a lovable goddess, she would play remniscent to a heavier Zelda in my opinion (but not a clone PLEEEASE NOT A CLONE)

RETRO FIGHTERS

Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
*Little Mac
*Takamaru
Little Mac, I mean really? Nothing to say here. Takamaru, on the other hand, will get in and serve as Mac's opposite, with the whole "east vs west" theme going in, 'sperfect no? I hope, with all my heart, the Takamaru enjoys the same that Pit received after being in SSBB, a series REVIVAL!

KIRBY SERIES
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
*(unlikely, but possible) Bandanna Dee
Bandanna Dee isn't as integral as the other three, but if Sakurai wants another Kirby rep, that'll be the best bet.

STARFOX SERIES
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Yup, you read right. Buh-bye Wolf. Why? HE'S A CLONE, his character design is basically an evil version of Fox, Clones need to get axed. Keep Falco, he's great, a top tier character, just change him a little so he's not A CLONE. Krystal? I know people hate her, but as a female, Fox's romantic interest, and a STAR FOX CHARACTER WITH A POTENTIALLY DIFFERENT MOVESET, I say, go for it.

F-ZERO SERIES
Captain Falcon
F-Zero has been dead in the water for sooooo long now, sorry Falcon, but I don't think Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow will be joining you this time...

EARTHBOUND SERIES
Ness
Lucas
**Claus or Pokey
I have conditions here. Please change Lucas. I know he's good, but for the first years of playing I could hardly tell the difference between him and Ness! The Mother games have a slew of other potential PSI attacks Lucas could use. Pokey or Clause are maybes, because as much as I love the Mother games, I'm not sure if they deserve a third rep or not....

POKEMON SERIES
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
*Mewtwo
**R/S Pokemon Trainer (Female, like May from the anime) with Blaziken, Grovyle, and Mudkip
***Zoroark
Firstly, Mewtwo is NOT replacing Lucario, Zoroark potentially is. I love Lucario, he's one of my favorite fighters, but sadly, his time came and went, and he will probably get replaced with a fresher face. Mewtwo WILL return, the fans were devasted when he wasn't in brawl. Mewtwo was the ORIGINAL pokemon villain, I mean, how many of us remember the time we found Mewtwo in Pokemon Red and Blue, how insanely impossible he was to catch without a Masterball? Mewtwo was wrongly cut from Brawl in my opinion, and must return.

Secondly, the R/S Pokemon Trainer change. Here's why, 1.) Third gen pokemon has been completely SHAFTED from the Smash games, 2.) with Gen 6 soon approaching, I don't see it unlikely that a Ruby/Sapphire remake will follow, seeing how its been done with the previous games, and 3.) if Ridley and Bowser Jr. come aboard, and I think they will, I feel their character designs are too similar to that of Charizard's and Squirtle's. The answer? New pokemon! Everybody loved Blaziken, he'd be a great fighter in SSB4, Grovyle would be super speedy, and Mudkip is so freaking adorable.

Lastly, I say Zoroark, but what I mean is whatever Pokemon's posterchild is, whether it be Zoroark, Genesect, Or Gen 6 Pokemon

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES
*Roy
*Chrom
*(Insert your favorite FE female here)
Now I don't know the FE series all to well, but the fans LOVE Roy. Bring him back! I don't care about Marth, ax him, put in Roy. Ike, I love him, but I think Chrom is more relevant now. Plus, I don't think it would be such a crazy idea to give Ike's moveset to Ganondorf, who NEEDS a knew moveset, especially with a sword, which i think would fit perfectly. Give Chrom a fresh moveset, and then, for good measure, add a FE lady to the mix, whether it be Lyn, Michiah, whatever suits best.

NEWER GENERATION
Olimar
*Saki
*Ray MKIII
*Shulk
*Dillon
So first off, no Isaac. Golden Sun was a great game, one the best, but, there hasn't been a new one in ages and I don't see a new one anytime soon. Saki, he would be a wonderful fit, I know people say "add Isa" but Saki is THE MAIN Sin and Punishment character, not the newest, the first one, the one who got it all started. Sin and Punishment received a revitalization when it was brought to the virtual console for wii, and with a second title, and I wouldn't find it farfetched if there was a third title for the Wii U. Plus, when he was an assist trophy, he looked so good on that stage, he deserves to be a fighter!

Ray MKIII is a hopeful shot, I'd love to see a hardcore robo other than ROB in a Smash game, and they could revitalize the Custom Robo series with him as well!

Shulk is from the game Xenoblade, which was very popular and an incredible game that I never played... But he seems legit, and people want him, so ok

Dillon is from Dillon's Rolling Western, a game on the eshop for 3ds. Dillon is an original character, cool looking, and would NOT be similar to Sonic. Yoshi and Jigglypuff roll, are they Sonic clones? NO.

THIRD PARTIES
Sonic
Snake (Yeah you heard me)
*Capcom (Either Megaman, Zero, or Ryu)
*Namco (Either Pac-Man, Lloyd Irving, or something else
*Either Square, or Platinum Games
Sakurai said something along the lines that said that he wouldn't mind having a Capcom Character, so either Megaman, Zero, Ryu, I don't know. I don't care.

Namco Bandai is working on game development, so seeing a rep from them isn't too unlikely (LET IT BE LLOYD)

Now here's where it gets interesting. I would love it if Square joined the fight, with either Sora or Geno (not Cloud), but I don't see Sakurai putting in FOUR third parties, and Platinum games has expressed interest in having a fighter in the game, whether it be from Bayonetta or the Wonderful 101, who knows what will happen.

One more note, the idea that Snake will leave disgusts me. I love Snake, and I don't think he'll leave, not based on a personal opinion, but because of various factors. 1.) Sakurai put him in Brawl as a token of friendship towards Kojima, as a request, not because he "begged", 2.) Snake is believe it or not a top tier player, many people love playing as him, and there aren't other characters who could replace his moveset. 3.) With MGS 3D Snake Eater on the 3ds and with Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes coming soon (which couold make its way on the Wii U....well a guy can dream at least) Snake still has a fanbase and a support from nintendo fans, keeping Snake in it will only make things better, not worse. And to those who say he doesn't fit... he fits a lot better than some other third party ideas I've seen around!! (I just hope they make him look more like Naked Snake/Big Boss. Let him keep the Snake moniker, just add the Eyepatch!!)

Amd Finally, MIIS
I have to say, I think Miis will make it in as the next "WTF?!" character. No need for explanation.

So, sorry for the length of this, hope nobody hates me for making my first post the longest in history. That makes nearly 60 characters, split amongst 2 games mind you.

LadPrime

Smash Rookie
Here's mine. There are a total of 48 characters (plus 4 for 52 counting Pokemon Trainer separately, Sheik, and ZSS) in addition to Random and Mii slots. I think Mii's are going to factor into this game heavily in some way and possibly serve as the link between the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game.

Newcomers: 13
-Bowser Jr.
Mario deserves a newcomer after going without one in Brawl, and I think Bowser Jr. is probably the most logical choice. I would personally prefer a unique Paper Mario, but Jr. would be a welcome addition.

-King K. Rool
A major villain and heavily requested character, I think the choice is clear. Would add more variety to the roster than Dixie Kong would.

-Ghirahim
Same as with Mario, Zelda should get a unique newcomer. I think Ghirahim, despite likely being a one-shot, has a lot to offer as a character and would certainly prefer him to Tingle.

-Ridley
He's probably among the top 2 or 3 most requested characters for the game. I could see him working as a lankier, more agile version of Charizard.

-Palutena
Having played KI:U, I have warmed up to Palutena a lot. I think she has great potential as a playable character.

-Chrom
He's practically a given and the positive reception of both him and his game boost that further.

-Mewtwo
Heavily requested to return and also will be featured in the upcoming Pokemon movie. He is definitely worth revisiting, and with too few 6th gen Pokemon revealed yet, it is too early to tell if there will be a suitable newcomer among their ranks.

-Balloon Fighter
Definitely a choice with a lot of potential to be something entirely different like Olimar before him. I think as a Retro rep, he has a ton to offer Smash Bros.

-Little Mac
-Takamaru
These two complement each other well, and both are excellent fits for Smash. Plus, they've seen revivals in recent games.

-Shulk
If any new series should be represented, it's Xenoblade, and Shulk is definitely a welcome addition.

-Mega Man
-Pac-Man
Heavily requested, these two seem poised for inclusion should Sakurai want to continue with third parties.

Other notes:
I would love to see some other characters, including Isaac, Ray MK II, Paper Mario, and more, but I wanted to keep the roster size down. I think the size here is reasonable!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not what I want, but:

Here's more of what I want:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Here's mine. I was going for more of a realistic possible roster instead of a roster full of all my favorite characters I want in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

You all saw this already. I believe this leak is fake because Sonic is considered a veteran. I don't know Slime's fighting style because I never play Dragon Warrior.

King K Rool (Donkey Kong)
Zoroark (Pokemon)
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
King Hippo (Punch Out)
Ridley (Metroid)
Prince Sable (Frogs the Bell Tolls)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Megaman (Megaman)
Crystal (Star Fox)
Slime (Dragon Quest)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Sonic (Sonic)

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Since we're getting closer to E3, I figure I'll throw my roster into the thread. I wouldn't want an inadvertent (or purposeful) character reveal to influence my decision (or to make it seem as such). The roster is a mix of who I actually think will be there, marred by compromise and my own hopes. New characters are highlighted in orange:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Birdo - Feels like the Mario crew should have another character.
Paper Mario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Original Donkey Kong (Cranky Kong) - 2D barrel-throwing, platform stomping action.
Stanley (DK 3/Game & Watch)
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Gannondorf/Gannon
Toon Link
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Falco
Fox
Marth
Ike
Chrom - FE:Awakening is popular enough to warrant at least a clone of Marth.
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Black/White) - Appeasing old fans and new.
Zoroark
Takamaru
Sonic - If he's not in, I'll be displeased. I'll PLAY the game, but I won't ENJOY it. Oh, who am I kidding...
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Mrs. Pac-Man - Female clone of Pac-Man. Should be easy enough.
Simon Belmont - Snake was a nice experiment, but Simon holds more Nintendo history.
Capt. Falcon
Olimar
R.O.B.
Capt. Rainbow - Could cover multiple Nintendo characters with one.
John Raimi (Geist) - I don't actually think he'll be in there, but I'd really like him to be.
Pit
Muddy Mole
Alice (Balloon Kid) - A bit more personality and special moves than the original Balloon Fighter.
Ness
Lucas
Samus/ZS
Saki
Mr. Game & Watch
Little Mac
Wario
Dillon
Ricky Winterborn - I replaced the Wii Fit Trainers with him. Still not sure about that decision.
Ice Climbers
Mach Rider
Layel (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) - Square-Enix needs a guest. This would be a nod to the Nintendo-exclusive FF: CC series.

In?
These are characters who I--at one point or another--had in my roster. For whatever reason, I removed them and just can't bring myself to put them back in: Doshin the Giant, Issac, Ridley, Wolf, Snake, Mii, Wii Fit Trainers, Rayman.

Out?
These are characters I've considered removing. I guess I don't have a lot of faith in them appearing: Ricky Winterborn, John Raimi, Muddy Mole, Dillon, Paper Mario, Capt. Rainbow, Simon Belmont, Original DK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom