• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rotunda V3.0 - SFU Burnaby, B.C. - June 25th

Metà

Smash Master
Address: 8888 University Drive
Room: Rotunda (above bus loop near convocation mall)

Events: Melee singles + doubles

Entry fees:

1v1: $10/person
2v2: $10/team

Rules:

Melee 1v1:

* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* Pools may be used for proper seeding to bracket.
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser chooses ban before next match.
One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.
* Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she LAST won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
* For teams, Team-Attack is ON and life-stealing is allowed.
* Stalling is defined as extending the match indefinitely to the point where the opponent cannot do anything to prevent it. This may involve peach wall-bombing, Ice-climber freeze glitch, etc. Shine stalling is not a "stall". For any disputes regarding this, Evan Watkins (TO) must be contacted and he will decide whether a situation can be called stalling. Any person found stalling a match will forfeit that match, but not the set.
* Winners' Final, Losers' Final, and Grand Finals are best of 5 matches.
* BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!

Stages:
Starter/Random Stages:

* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter-pick Stages:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Melee 2v2:

* Team attack: ON
* Everything else is the same as in singles except that Fountain of Dreams is banned and Pokemon Stadium is a neutral stage
* Life stealing allowed

Attendees:

1. Meta
2. SpaceFalcon
3. Geist
4. xXx_NoobKing_xXx
5. Bwmat
6. Deap
7. Michael
8. Booshk
9. Diakonos
10. Tahsis
11. buddy
12. Mac
13. Rusty
14. Icy

Set-ups:

Meta: 2 TV's, 2 GCN's
Fpoon: 1 TV, 1 Wii

Fpoon

Smash Rookie
YEEEEEEEE sign me up :D

I can bring a tv and a wii for sure, maybe 2 of each.

pumped

Sion

Island of Horizon
how does a no confirm me? lol

i haven't missed a tournament in a long time. i'd like to be counted out at this one

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Whaaat? Sion you haaave to go. I can try to make this work, but I need to make sure Rodriguez is there.

:phone:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Confirmed! :D

I may need a ride though. If it's far and long, I'll pitch in for gas.

Edit: I could bring my GC + Melee.

booshk

Smash Lord
pretty sure commuting from new west to sfu burnaby is pretty doable and doesnt take too long :p

t3h Icy

Smash Master
=P Well, I don't know where everyone lives and if they'd have to go out of their way if they want to come get me :3 And I don't want to get lost on transit and a giant university. :D

booshk

Smash Lord
lmao very true