• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy a broken character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfernoheroIH

Smash Rookie
= | I have a friend who has expressed this.... and I have to agree.

Let's take a look at Roy's moves.

B-Potential for a one hit KO, or will usually send anyone flying off the screen at low percentages after holding for only a second or two.
> b-. Throws down a natural rhythm that will do the same thing as a half charged flare blade, usually sending a character flying off the screen at low percentages. Not to mention giving him the ability to come from relative extremes.
V B-. Not only stops all moves (except for grabs) but delivers a mild attack.
^ B-sends him upwards at a height relative to other players, but holds players in the blade instead of sending them flying, therefore doing more damage.

Not only that, but add in some strong smash attacks, above average speed, and funkily timed weapon smash's, and I believe you have a broken character.

Not only that, I have a friend who hasn't unlocked roy yet, and usually is just... massacred when we play together, yet, now having never used Roy, held his own.

= |

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Roy sucks. GG

I will explain. He lacks abusable moves. His sweetspot placement is all wrong and completely negates the fact that he has a sword in the first place. His DED which is his only spammable technique really, can be crouch cancelled.

His Flare blade fully charged will never hit someone with a half a brain. His counter is ok. But it's harder to time and can't be spammed because you will get punished. His f-smash is his only reliable smash attack. And he only has a few ways to combo into it, most of which can be DIed out of. Roy's Blazer sucks. If he hits someone with it you can just smash him when you come down or combo him.

His attack speed is ok, but his lag kills him.

I'll repeat. Roy sucks. Oh yeah, his aerial game is crap.

InfernoheroIH

Smash Rookie
That's if you're a spammable person, but if you actually try to be a creative fight then yes he's good/broken, especially linking moves, like Forward B, Forward Smash, arial forward smash etc etc.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Those moves don't link. This game has been out for 6 years now. The smash community has taken Roy to his limit and he just doesn't stack up.

Learn some advanced techs and some good DI. You'll soon see that Roy falls short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom