• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and Mewtwo to be in US/PAL version of brawl/DL for japan-PROVEN FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
How much disc space do you an entire character takes up? And how little disc space did the Wii have again? Unless the Brawl-disc itself has Roy and Mewtwo are hidden extras already programmed into the game, with the download unlocking them, I reaaaally doubt this rumor is anything but baloney.

Not to mention how the character selection screen would get screwed up by the addition of two new characters. They'd have to reprogram that as well (more disc space).

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
No need to spread lies.
Amen. Lol @ no downloadable chars. They are possible, They would just take a while. Like downloading Halo 3 maps, DLC is possible: it just takes time. If theres no downloadable content possible, why do I have 20 virtual console games? Why do I still have the metroid preview? You fail wight.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I can. The sheer amount of money that can be made from simple downloads is tremendous. For a minimal amount of work that for all we know may already be done, they could rake in at maximum (Price of Download)*(Copies sold of Brawl). With brawl already above a million sales in Japan...need I say more?

Xervah

Smash Cadet
Roy was my 2nd favorite character in melee to Marth. I hope this rumor turns out to be the real deal.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the character select screen...
After thorough testing (because this idea has been eating at my brain ><), I determined that there is in fact, no way to sneak Roy and Mewtwo into the middle of the character select screen without making look all jumbled up again. And I'm convinced that Roy and Mewtwo just sitting off to the side immobile or on "another page" is silly (especially if they are supposed to be in the NA release).
However, I did learn that adding one more character (in addition to M2 and Roy) makes it look loads better, and adding two more makes it look like a character select screen again.
Now that I got that off my chest maybe I can regain my sanity.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
This seems logical, expecially the downloadable content sience they are going to be able to download songs on GHIII. And because Roy and Mewtwos data is partially on the Japanese disk they wont take up too much space... and arent characters like 35mb or something.... correct me if im wrong....

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
i hope this is true because........I WANT MEWTWO!!!!! WAHHHH!!!!!!
ok maybe i am a little too much like a baby.LOL

M.K

Level 55
I think Serebii was a fraud, I mean, anyone could have guessed that they'd replace Mewtwo with Lucario, it doesn't make him some kind of prophet or anything.

D

Deleted member

Ah.

I've listened to the latest IGN Wii podcast, and they say that they have the US version which is IDENTICAL "except that its in Japanese" to the Japanese version.

Oops.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think Serebii was a fraud, I mean, anyone could have guessed that they'd replace Mewtwo with Lucario, it doesn't make him some kind of prophet or anything.
No, no, no. You don't understand. Serebii is the owner and operator of what is quite possibly THE largest Pokemon fansite in the world. He has had numerous bits of leaked information in the past, including all of the English names for the D/P Pokemon. There is no doubt that he has sources within Nintendo. When Serebii let slip that Lucario would be "replacing" Mewtwo (in a sense), there was no reason to believe that Mewtwo of all Pokemon would be getting the axe; if anything, Pichu was the only character certain to get left behind.

Don't be so skeptical: Serebii is the real deal. If he says no DLC, then it's safe to say one of two things: 1) there is no DLC planned as of right now (the most likely option), or 2) Serebii's source has not yet learned of DLC information and likewise shared it with him (possibly a corollary to the first one).

Revven

FrankerZ
Ah.

I've listened to the latest IGN Wii podcast, and they say that they have the US version which is IDENTICAL "except that its in Japanese" to the Japanese version.

Oops.
But then they go on to say that they'd review it but, Nintendo has told them that the version they have isn't reviewable.

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
Even if they're not in the US version, theres just so much pointing to their eventual arrival. They've both got coding in the game. They're the only ones with victory music out of the cut characters. Adding them, while it may not be with release, is looking to be something thats going to happen eventually. It might take months, but all the stuff we have now is pointing towards Roy and Mewtwo eventually becoming downloadable.

Heh, now I'm half expecting each region to have two exclusives and the other four downloadable :laugh: (Japan getting Ike/Lucario, NA getting Roy/Mewtwo, PAL getting Plusle+Minun/Dixie)

Reed

Smash Rookie
Alright assuming this is true, then would it be crazy to say that they could make some changes to some of the mechanics of the game?

PSandNintendFreak

Smash Rookie
Even if they're not in the US version, theres just so much pointing to their eventual arrival. They've both got coding in the game. They're the only ones with victory music out of the cut characters. Adding them, while it may not be with release, is looking to be something thats going to happen eventually. It might take months, but all the stuff we have now is pointing towards Roy and Mewtwo eventually becoming downloadable.

Heh, now I'm half expecting each region to have two exclusives and the other four downloadable :laugh: (Japan getting Ike/Lucario, NA getting Roy/Mewtwo, PAL getting Plusle+Minun/Dixie)
PAL = Plusle + Minun/Dixie......that would suck.

Lucario/Ike > Roy/Mewtwo......ah well.....Ike > Roy

But they are all better than Plusle + Minun and Dixie.....even if they are downloadable(the other characters) I would want to play as Ike, when I finally get the game around........maybe 2009?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
id be fine with that. i wish they hadnt cut characters.
No, I'm glad that they did. Pichu and Doc should be alternate costumes, not playable characters on their own. If we're gonna waste space on the roster, let's at least waste it with someone unique.

Well, sounds like PAL would get screwed. Thankfully it's not the case.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
No, I'm glad that they did. Pichu and Doc should be alternate costumes, not playable characters on their own. If we're gonna waste space on the roster, let's at least waste it with someone unique.
If they had come back, even as clones, it would've still meant more characters. Plus, some people, me included, actually really liked them. Well... I was one of the people who's said from the beginning that they should go.. now I miss them. They made it in melee so I wouldn't consider their spots wasted if they'd made it to brawl.

Bensei

Smash Cadet
Pichu should be an alternate costume for Plusle and Minun, so we have the Pichu Bros. :lol:
But Pichu can't be a costume for Pikachu, because Pikachu is nearly twice as big.

courte

Smash Lord
i'm loving all of this impossible talk it's just great. because we've def hit the roof when it comes to technology and add-ons--it's not as if anything can change over the course of coming months or years... to think anything additional is possible is like... the theory of evolution

silly smashboards... lol

EDIT:
wait ike and lucario as DLC?? that would be just... kinda wtf huh considering IKE was updated to all countries on the dojo

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
That kinda seals the deal for me. I trust Serebii over this guy only because I am far more familiar with the kind of information that Serebii has acquired over the years.
...Tfox is literally as legit as Serebii. He's post a bunch of technical **** about Advance Wars and specific details on ALL the infantry in the game of Days of Ruin, all turning out to be true.

And Serebii is a terrible liar. He also denied that he ever said Lucario replaced Mewtwo constantly and said Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo at all. Well, he did. He told a bunch of the mods of the Serebii.net forums (which I actually got info from about this) and they all knew beforehand that Lucario was in Mewtwo's spot in Brawl. Either Serebii is just denying it, or he doesn't know.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Personally I'll believe Serebii over some guy I havn't heard of before on this one. I think nearly everyone has heard of Serebii.

Also I just don't find this believable anyway.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
But Serebii has NEVAR been wrong. If this is true, that'll be the first time. That'd be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom