• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy combo set-ups?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
CC D-Tilt and falling U-Air would be your best comboing options. D-Tilt is one of the best combo starters in the game, but Roy's problem is since he gives a pitiful amount of hitstun, he can rarely contintinue the combo into anything significant. CC D-Smash is really good against floaties at mid-high %, so that's another thing to keep in mind.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
obviously up throw to stuff on fast fallers, but it only really gets you somewhere vs spacies... you can also do some tech chases with down throw...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Yeah, chain grabbing spaces on FD can be useful. Roy doesn't have the nice U-Tilt extender that Marth benefits from, though.

The Sleeve

Smash Rookie
Like the others said, down-tilt, up-throw, and up-air. Sometimes I've been able to use Roy's dash attack to start something, but bear in mind that there's no hitbox on the top half of the sword in the dash attack.

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
Like the others said, down-tilt, up-throw, and up-air. Sometimes I've been able to use Roy's dash attack to start something, but bear in mind that there's no hitbox on the top half of the sword in the dash attack.
This pretty much makes up 1/3 - 1/2 of the character (Movement is another 1/3 - 1/2, and finishers like Fsmash and neutral b being the last bit).

Top Bottom