• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy doesn't suck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
...on platform levels NEARLY as bad as he does on FD.

VS FFers OK, FD is where you want to be.

However vs everyone else platforms are the way to go. Roy combos midweights and floaties so much better on platform levels, up to platforms (dtilt), down from them (crap aerial). Plus on the whole, roy owns FoD. Definitely his best level.

Kinda looking for a(n intelligent?) discussion on Roy's stages.

Maybe the intelligent part is to much to hope for from the Roy forums.

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
well i must say. i mean.

i am a new roy. previous shiek user. but he is decent on FD and many other stages.
and in anycase is IMBA on FoD.
heh

just be able to SHFFL your nair and your uair's and once practiced his spike(dair) becomes quite useful

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
then why even post? hah. because roy is low tier and you cant use him. you pose as someone who see's roy as useless... every character can beat every character.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Harmonicry I'm very interested as in why you switch from sheik one of the fastest characters in the game to a mid speed character like Roy most people who change characters pick someone faster then what they had.

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
I think the best stage for Roy is Corneria because he might get lucky and his opponent might fall through the stage, and he can get a kill without fsmash. LOLZ

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
Harmonicry I'm very interested as in why you switch from sheik one of the fastest characters in the game to a mid speed character like Roy most people who change characters pick someone faster then what they had.
well yes. speed is important but i find that roy has a fairly good air game
and can be effective when going against an opponent who hasnt gotten their shffl perfected.
and shiek/zelda was getting pretty boring.

I think the best stage for Roy is Corneria because he might get lucky and his opponent might fall through the stage, and he can get a kill without fsmash. LOLZ
thats the thing.. the opponent might fall through. but an experienced player would never make that mistake unless with an accident which happens rarely

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
Some people don't actually change characters for a faster one. They change for customized preference and possibly for fun or because they hate the character they're playing. For example, I hate playing as sheik because she can get chain grabbed and has a useless down b (except for some). I think Roy is fun and that is my opinion.

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
People don't usually have a choice on if they fall through or not. It happens randomly, no matter how experienced you are. >_>

And lol @ "roy has a fairly good air game." <_<

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
tron is correct. i mean.. im not being cocky, but i was a decent shiek.
its just that my character preference is somewhere around roy.

my play is fun. but i work more about button input. its quick but shiek had
a small aray of moves to use. which is why i became a shiek/zelda user.

in concept, thee greatest mind game correct?

wrong.... going straight from a high tier to a low tier has a confusing input pattern
and is difficult for someone like me.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
First off, Bullfrog is a pompous *** ( I would know, he's in my crew). People who say Roy sucks are also pompous *****. No character sucks. The player may suck, but the character is fine. Also. I seem to be able to smack around your yoshi pretty well, so you're character is getting beat down by a worse player and a "worse" character. Even though (correct me if I'm wrong) Roy is higher tier. We don't hate on your characters, so why do you feel obliged to hate on ours?

Back to the topic though. I don't like fighting with platforms, because I'm more of a powerhouse roy. His air game isn't too impressive either, so I try to keep my feet on the ground. But that's just me.

PS: Roy is a straight up G.

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
i agree..

my philosophy is that any character can defeat any character.
its as you said. it depends on the skill of the player.

and i am more of a personal mix. i try to keep my options open and my mind-games

unpredictable.

so to speak

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
It's true any character can beat any character, but that doesn't change the fact that some characters are inherently better then other characters.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
if i wer ea moderator, everyone who posted in this thread but bullfrog would have been AT LEAST 7 day temp banned

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
Why would everyone but the guy who went off topic get banning?

As for Roy. I'm not great at mindgames, cause i play on instinct, so not much thought goes into it. As for stages, my favorite is FD, because roy's recovery sucks. He also has good moves to get people off the edge and his edgeguarding isn't too bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom