• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy doubles partners?

OddWheatFarmer

Smash Rookie
NNID
OddWheatFarmer
Hello,
A friend and I are playing in a doubles team (For the monthlies in my local area) and I was wondering if any knows some good doubles partners for Roy, as he plays mainly roy, and I play a wide variety of characters.

My most played characters are Ryu, Sheik, and Donkey Kong, so if any of those fit the part, that would be real nice!

We play an aggressive doubles team, as he is known for the most aggressive player (In-game, of course. He's actually really calm out of game.) in our local area.

Thanks to anyone who stumbles upon this thread and replies to it!

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Ill stick to the three you just mentioned. I dont want to say to much and make it seem like it is any more important than it really is, or than my opinion is worth more than it is.
Long story short imo (no customs)
1.sheik
2.ryu
3.dk

Sheik is generally a good teams character so that would be the more obvious choice. She is easily able to play around her teammate and is able to save her teammate with needles. Also roy aerials tend to combo in a similar manner to shieks, in a horizontal manner which could lead to some good synergy. Also roys strong smashes somewhat covers sheiks only real weakness in smash which is her inability to kill.

Dk roy isnt as clear as sheik, dk's typical cargo to teammate footstool shenanigans work just fine, but that applies to every character. Dk also does not escape juggles any easier than roy, as well as lacking a projectile

Ryu is another generally good teams character. Ryus uptilt juggles set up nicely for roy smash attacks. Ryu also has a spike wich is generally a good tool in team combos. Ryu's shaku hover also practically beats shield, something both characters can easily take advantage of. On the down side, ryu has a hard time playing around team mates and roys grounded nature exagerates this. Also ryu lacks aerials for the ping pong style team combos roy is good at.

Top Bottom