• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Besides Dtilt no longer popping up, Roy pretty much maintained all the qualities I loved about him in his prior iterations, plus some welcomed additions.

Why is this character so inherently fun?

He also has the best sprite code. Sorry, Haunter.

:4feroy:

:093:
I now use his D-Tilt to edge guard. Also. If anyone is trying to get back to the stage from the side. I use Neutral B. Its so fun...

I played Lucina super aggressively, and it didn't always work out. Now I'm playing Roy super aggressively, and it's more fun than most other FE characters. I need to put my skills to the test.
I always played aggressive and I found no characters to use.
So far, I main Roy Meta Knight and pocket main Mew2. I use MK because of his terrible rang makes you go close and personal.
EDIT: Double post... My internet sucks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Eureka

Smash Ace
Could some explain ph1r3 for me? I know it means roy i just dont know why
It's what Roy has, t3h ph1r3. Seriously though "ph1r3" is a leetspeak spelling of "fire" the joke being that "Roy has t3h ph1r3" which was one of his unique qualities from Marth back in Melee. I don't recall where the joke came from, but it's basically become a meme for Roy and is used when referring to the fire effect on his moves, or any fire in general related to Roy.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I thought I might end up picking up Roy, due to wanting someone with a bit of range and more power than my usual characters. But dang, is he ever fun to play; I never would have guessed I'd like him this much. Time will tell how well my friends end up doing against me as Roy, but I imagine he'll be sticking around in the top 5 of my rotation for some time.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Guys. This might sound weird. And I dont even know if its allowed. But.
Would anyone be up for tournaments on the Wii U or 3DS?
If you won, you could change the threads title. I would keep that title for a week.
This is only a test thing and I am seeing if we could do this every week. It may be discontinued if it does not work out.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm down given the timing is right for me.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Cool. Do we have to be on Skype or something to do the tourney though?
No. As I believe there is an online tourney mode now.
Unless I am wrong.
I really dont want to use skype though...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No. As I believe there is an online tourney mode now.
Unless I am wrong.
I really dont want to use skype though...
That tourney is not going to be available until August though.

Same here. I would rather we use something else even using SB.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
That tourney is not going to be available until August though.

Same here. I would rather we use something else even using SB.
Hmm, I can figure it out.
Maybe I can add people who want to join and have them fight each other.
So say You enter and you go against DougX. I would make a room with certain rules, then, I would SD all my lives then let you 2 fight.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I can figure it out.
Maybe I can add people who want to join and have them fight each other.
So say You enter and you go against DougX. I would make a room with certain rules, then, I would SD all my lives then let you 2 fight.
Challonge works great for brackets. Also, a thread for a tourney worked for the Mewtwo only tournament. And if you can get your hands on a Premium Chatzy, one with PMs and no room cap for entrants, you should be golden.

I was watching M2K's stream, he said he is almost certainly going to main Roy. Been practicing with him on stream for a few hours. Of course, let's hope this doesn't lead to Roy Nerfs.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Challonge works great for brackets.

I was watching M2K's stream, he said he is almost certainly going to main Roy. Been practicing with him on stream for a few hours. Of course, let's hope this doesn't lead to Roy Nerfs.
Its really early to say but I think Roy and Lucas are really good. Ryu is good but not as good as these two. Roy is much faster and strong. he kind of feels like Melee Marth. And Lucas feels like PM Lucas.
Also, Slow day for mah thread...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was referenced. Yay.

That is kind of silly. Maybe they'll fix it... And also fix that Roy's jab in Smash 4 being one hit isn't a nerf because it was one hit in Melee also.
I already fixed if but these guys changed it back. These guys are flat out stupid if they think he's still a clone.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
A bit late but I honestly and literally said "YES" out loud when Cosmo chose Roy in the NWC, lol. So hype!

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Does roy have any jab locking moves?
Softspot FSmash. Pretty impractical unfortunately.

FF7 HD kind of reminds me of Roy in that it's something being brought back for no reason other than nostalgia and we all know it but love it anyway. Yay Squenix.

Petition to change title. Roy is no mere boy any more. Have you seen his flowing locks and rippling muscles? Oof.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

FF7 HD kind of reminds me of Roy in that it's something being brought back for no reason other than nostalgia and we all know it but love it anyway. Yay Squenix.

Petition to change title. Roy is no mere boy any more. Have you seen his flowing locks and rippling muscles? Oof.
Well...
I am no Royboy.
Roy IS our boy, but...
We are RoyMEN.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

The same can be easily said about Lucas.

Also, a lot of us here are fans of his FE6 appearance and not just his Melee appearance.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Flare Blade has more potential than what I've seen being discussed. More specifically when used in the air. You can get some pretty nasty reads, and it is actually surprisingly safe if not used recklessly.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
just B-reversing flare blade is a scary option... and yeah I get a TON of ftilts after whiffing an FB... it's tough to punish

Nightshift

Smash Cadet
NNID
jpzwickau
3DS FC
3196-4245-0422

Yeah, I went into training mode, and then gave up on jab locking.

Well, neutral b has no lag, so it's pretty safe

Last edited by a moderator:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
just B-reversing flare blade is a scary option... and yeah I get a TON of ftilts after whiffing an FB... it's tough to punish
I really do love punishing with the Backburner (reverse flare blade). My friend plays Charizard and it feels so amazing to punish Rock Smash on platforms with the Up-B because I've never been able to get around that move with Sheik/Puff before.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yeah, I went into training mode, and then gave up on jab locking.

Well, neutral b has no lag, so it's pretty safe
Please refrain from double posting.

Instead, use the edit function.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I couldn't just do his default render's pose. It doesn't portray his presence in this game that well. I think this is better... :)

Mega-Xander

Smash Rookie
NNID
avsimone13
How useful is an uncharged neutral B? I knwo the fully charge one can KO at 0%, but what is the KO percentages for the uncharged cvariant?

SwineofWar

Smash Rookie
How useful is an uncharged neutral B? I knwo the fully charge one can KO at 0%, but what is the KO percentages for the uncharged cvariant?
We're experimenting with its uses. The most apparent would be in the same way Ike uses his neutral B, which is to cover the ledge. However the low ending lag on Flair Blade actually makes it really good for some sort of aerial punish or aerial approach.

I don't know the kill percent, but it has got to be real high.

Last edited:
Top Bottom