• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's DED timing.

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
Fellow Roy players.
I am having trouble hitting DED on players. I can't find that sweet timing. Off of an opponent I can do it all day though.
Any advice?
Thanks in advance!

EclipseKirby

Smash Cadet
As with any attack, the presence of hitlag will change the timing of any follow-up actions, so the wait times for each follow-up is longer on hit than on whiff. For the most part, for any part of the DED sequence, a follow-up is available a frame or two after the first hitbox appears (after the last hitbox for xxv). As such, I find waiting for the last hit of an attack to connect before inputting a follow-up guarantees that it comes out.

The cancel windows are quite wide though, so you just slowing things down in general will help. Especially for x^^ as you often want to confirm the hit before deciding your follow-up.

Last edited:

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
Feel like its worth mentioning that the fastest imput of DED for me will always have a longer window between hits 2 and 3. So the initial two hits can be thrown out quick but the third and fourth shots need to be times with more consideration (aka spamming is way less effective for those that try to use it that way). Just gotta find the right rhythm, Id say just go into training and play around with the timings you need to do for each hit

Top Bottom