• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RPI/Troy Area Smash

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
It's cool, I've already got a fancy-looking hat to go with the monocle. Begin the construction of your tower of hats.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Zelda is an annoying character. Goal is to just get her offstage and punish her recovery.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I just predict his moves based on spacing, since he plays highly reactive to that rather than trying to influence it much.

Vibe, what are your plans about coming here before the club Friday and needing to stay somewhere Friday night?

tacoreaper

Smash Cadet
I lost to Ryan's Zelda with my Olimar at club. I don't know what it is about Zelda, I just run into everything.
Haha, and now I started using down tilt more. It's like I unlocked a secret new technique lol. I figured out that d-tilt trips characters fairly often at low percentages, and pops them up at higher ones. So it's just good effects all around. Down tilt -> grab or f-smash works a lot.

But I was noticing that I need to find a balance between d-tilt and d-smash. I used to only d-smash, but now I d-tilt all the time, and probably at times when a smash would have been more appropriate. Tripping characters is just more fun than another smash...

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I don't know. if I have a place to stay then I'll come to club, otherwise, since I'll prolly be walking to RPI, I'm just gonna go to the tourney.

Edit: Calm, you were probably approaching him. Really there's no reason you should be approaching him. I know he can deflect your Pikmin but that just means you have to not camp like an idiot. Lol.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
It also seems like getting hit by Zelda's down smash off the side is a recipe for getting gimped as Olimar. I swear my Pikmin get desynched from every one of Zelda's moves. /johns

Honestly, my Falco went much more smoothly against Zelda, so I'll probably just go with that for that particular matchup if it ever becomes an issue.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Falco is actually a good pocket character for olimars. Cleans up most of olis bad mus

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Falco is one of Zelda's close high tier MUs. Lol.

Just go Metaknight if you're gonna use a pocket character.
I think the reason it worked out is I play my Falco much more campy than I do my Olimar. So I wasn't getting hit by dumb up and forward smashes.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Love that monkey swing. He makes use of a couple of things that I really need to incorporate into my game. For one I don't momentum cancel right. The other was he made good use of the wavebounce to make it harder to predict where he was going to land. Just as he said in his analysis of the match up he stayed offensive and it definitely pays off.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'm driving. I think it will be be me, Adam, maybe Ethan, you if you're going and Vibe in my car. But I'm not sure on everyone's status.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Important stuff to remember for the tournament

Schedule will be;
Melee Double
Melee Single
N64 Single
Brawl Double
Brawl Single

Be on time for your matches/registration/tournament. I will enforce dq if matches arent played within a timely manner. If you are coming from relatively far away I will add you to bracket if you call me because you are not going to make it in time. People from Rochester, be on time youre not that far away.

Address
Alumni Lounge
Marshall Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210

Fees
Venue: $10 (Relay for life)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20/team ($10/person)
N64 Singles: $5

There will be a relay for life donation set up at the registration table, If you would like to donate more to relay for life or have money matches etc for the relay for life donation that would be fantastic. The more the better.

Parking
There is parking right outside the venue door. If you havent already emailed frannie for a parking pass please do. Frannie.monasterio@gmail.com . Its free and simple and right at the venue.

Rylaxer Pillow
Top three of each event will be entered into a raffle to receive a half back Rylaxer. This includes the doubles events and the N64 singles event. If you win multiple events or place in multiple events you will be entered more than once.

Payouts
Melee/Brawl Singles
55/30/10/5

Melee/Brawl Doubles
60/30/10

N64 Singles
60/30/10

N64 will have a default payout since there will most likely be less entrants so I will not be paying out to top 4

Setups
I have a good idea of how many setups will be there, however we could always use more. If you can provide anything wii/tvs/gcs/melees/brawl/recording/n64/ssb please do. The more setups we have the more we may have time for something like draft crews for both games.

I look forward to seeing everyone! please show up on time and review the first post for the rules.

I will also like to note that wobbling is not banned for this melee tournament.

Top Bottom