• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

asob4

Smash Champion
only thing annoying about lucario is his fair and survivability
early kill from an usmash and its gg. they're at 100-something% on they're second life before they're able to kill you

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So Charizard's Dair has some sort of super-weird disjoint or something.

I was Japes camping a Charizard and went under the platform for an Uair...
WHEN SUDDENLY he Daired and spiked my big fat Olimar head with an inch of air, the platform, and my Uair between us.
Let's tell the elders and the people of the village.

RichBrown

Smash Master
You guys remember that one Olimar tether trick where you drop below the stage, then DI towards the stage and land on the ledge without any lag right?

Well tonight I was screwing around in training mode, and I realized there's a slightly easier way to do it: instead of falling below the ledge and trying to line it up, just hit "back" to get off the ledge, then immediately upB. I figured this out because I was trying to figure out more ledge options for Oli, and I was fooling around with dropping off and using upB to get onto the stage without actually latching onto the edge, and then I got this crazy quick snap. So instead of having to drop down below the stage and be all obvious about it, you can go from holding onto the ledge to backing off and almost immediately doing the lagless tether land thingy.

It's hard to do, I only get it like 30% of the time, but I want to try to get that down, because if I could do it 100% of the time that'd be an AMAZING ledge option, because most people will be expecting the Uair, so I can super quick tether and grab them or something.

Noa.

Smash Master
When I was practicing how to do te tether trick, that's how I learned to do it. I didn't know it was a different way of doing it. This was a while ago too.

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

So, I can't go to MLG Orlando because I just spent 300 dollars on a new fuel pump for my pos car and tuition needs to be paid by tomorrow =/

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So I was talking with Fino in the Olimar chat and he told me to tell everyone to contact him on AIM about an app he has been working on.

PM Fino on AIM if interested. Also, get in the ****ed chat once in a while.

RichBrown

Smash Master
holy ****

I'm getting so much better

You guys have no idea

I suddenly saw the game differently today

I can't describe it

But I'm excited

In other news, as most of you know I'm not going to buy MLG tickets until I have a job. It's coming down to the wire though, but I actually managed to get a job interview with this place that sells home security ****. The interview is thursday morning. They told me that they will let me know if I get the job the moment the interview is over... and since I haven't been able to really find anything else, my MLG status basically depends on this job interview. Wish me luck guys!!!!!!

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
holy ****

I'm getting so much better

You guys have no idea

I suddenly saw the game differently today

I can't describe it

But I'm excited

In other news, as most of you know I'm not going to buy MLG tickets until I have a job. It's coming down to the wire though, but I actually managed to get a job interview with this place that sells home security ****. The interview is thursday morning. They told me that they will let me know if I get the job the moment the interview is over... and since I haven't been able to really find anything else, my MLG status basically depends on this job interview. Wish me luck guys!!!!!!
good luck rich!! Rep us olis good at MLG :D
(assuming u get that job)

and Whats this new way of looking at the game? @_@

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
Rich leveled up =o

It's like... you start noticing so many more things. Your mind can wrap around so much more in this game than it could before. Everything is clearer and you find yourself doing things that you never thought of before/didn't think you could do. It's like your mind expands to take in a little more of the game.

/assumption

RichBrown

Smash Master
All I was doing was beating up level 3 MK and I basically had this revelation

It really only had to do with how sometimes I defend when I should attack. It might be deeper than that, I'm not sure, but I've been playing different.

And I'm an idiot, after looking into the job I found a little more, I realized it's nothing more than a door to door salesman loool. I'm gonna look at it anyways but I doubt I'm gonna pursue it.

Back to the drawing board :/

RichBrown

Smash Master
holy ****

I just found this church that is seeking a pianist for their services, and they pay $100 per service. I thought to myself, "oh ****."

And then I looked at the church website, and they have 2 services every sunday. I'm not sure if they are gonna have music in both, since they labeled one service as traditional and the other as contemporary, but if there is music at both... oh my *****, that would be amazing. I think there is, considering on the job listing they said that services go from 10:30-12:15 or something, and on the site they said the first service goes till 11:00.

Holy ****, I hope I get this position. They better hire me, I've been the director of music at my current church for 5 years, I'm super legit for this position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noa.

Smash Master
Lol, even though I didn't literally pry to God in that eariler post, he granted you favor.

Logic, who did you lose to?

Hardcore Extreme Ragefest Beatdown 3
Greensboro, NC
March 28, 2010
47 Entrants, $15 Singles

Brawl Singles:
1. TheReflexWonder (Pokémon Trainer)
2. kismet2 (Falco)
3. Billy (Snake, Sheik, Falco)
4. Logic (Olimar)
5. BigLou (Luigi)
5. Godismyrock (Ice Climbers, Falco)
7. Foxy (Meta Knight)
7. LDPK (Pikachu)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=270612

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I caught the end of the stream. Logic lost to Reflex in losers, after beating him earlier in winners I believe. I do not know who sent Logic to Loser's.

Jane

Smash Hero
woahhh, someone please tell me theres videos of this tourney. i want to see this pokemon trainer in action. O: O: (and id also like to see the p~s vids)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i lost to billy -.- 3 stocked his shiek, then round two against his falco went like this

him at 130% me at 59% o trip, he kills me
next stock... i trip he kills me
next stock he's at 2 stocks 0% while i'm on my last stock 0%
i kill his 2nd stock and get him to 90%...
he get me off stage... and my up-b doesn't work

3 stocks were literally given to him... fml

then game 3 i played liek **** cause i was so pissed and he beat me with snake

and then in losers i lost to reflex, everyone said i was playing scared and way worse then when i played him in winners, there are vids of me vs reflex, me vs billy (your gonna be mad like i was when you watch game 2) and vids of me vs michaeles and me vs big man

and ivysaur and charizard are handicap reflex's squirtle lmao

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
My, all the red names are pretty. Much better than having that horrible yellow everywhere.

Noa.

Smash Master
The coach doesn't even put in half the team. I'm a benchwarmer.

This other guy I was talking to on the bench asked me if I knew what Super Smash Bros Brawl was. I loled.

What do you do when a noob asks you about smash?

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
Say "Nah man, but if it's a Smash Bros game I'm sure it can't be too hard. I'll bet on it" then take all his money after

Top Bottom