• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It's not lol. If it's old, it was kept a secret.
Dang. You just destroyed any faith I had in my skills pertaining to interpersonal communication. >_<

EDIT: Madam Day, the character in your avatar bears a striking resemblance to a character from an anime titled "Honey & Clover". If I may ask, where is it from?

RichBrown

Smash Master
Hmm, I guess you guys are right about the way I handle sharking.

Time to step up the gay.

I guess I just get afraid about being caught on the ledge, but **** is different on stages like that.

And did you guys know that Olimar can go all the way under Brinstar AND Delfino? I figured out a way yesterday, it's really funny looking, you just have to do the furthest possible tether, then george of the jungle all the way over, drop, double jump, and tether the other side. It's kinda useless but still very funny.

I think it might be possible on smashville, but you seriously have to be frame perfect and could probably only be done in action replay or something.

I also think I'm gonna ban RC against MK and take Brinstar or Delfino. On the boat a smart MK will never ever approach me, and then fight me on the 2nd part, then run away more on the 3rd part. It's stupid. Eh I don't even know anymore, I just gotta win game 1 gahhhhhhh

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You've obviously never heard Hilt rant about Delfino if you're just now discovering that tether trick, RichBrown. :p

RichBrown

Smash Master
Naw dawg, I'm talkin about going from LEDGE TO LEDGE

unless that's what Hilt has been talking about too

man you guys make me feel like I'm terrible at this game sometimes LOL

Denti

Smash Master
no that's what hilt has talked about. I call it going tarzan. XD (go underneath the lava by super armoring it on brinstar or norfair to avoid an attack or some ****, that's denti's trick)

and I feel ya about being scared at the ledge, but it is our better option if we play smart. Just letting MK pressure us olimars from underneath that stage is worse 0.o

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, I'm sorry. D:
But yeah, what Denti said.

EDIT: Wait, WHAT? You just confused the **** out of me, Denti.
You whistle the lava (taking damage) and inevitably get ejected (taking more damage)? Is there something I'm missing here?

Denti

Smash Master
I'm sorry rich, but i was just countering your arguement that sharking is beatable by getting the lead and play gay. :( sorry, no harm intended. don't think I'm an *** D:

Lol okay, i had some gay *** campy snake CP me to brinstar. Lava starts coming up when I have 190%. it's also covering the whole stage but the top platform. that snake previously set explosives JUST RIGHT to where if i land I'm going to die (he's also charging his F smash LOOOOOOOL). So I whistle reversal away, then i whistle into the lava and hold shield until it went away XD

pony of endless death

Smash Rookie
You guys are scruuuuuuuuuuuuuuubbbs I'll just pick MK and raaaaaaape you.

Hell if I was a character that threw weeds at people I would want to kill myself.

pony of endless death

Smash Rookie
I;m an apocalyptic horse (pony of endless death?? come on...). So heck yes I'm going to burn in the fires of hell.

Actually maybe I'm going to heaven. idk I should figure that out.

Jane

Smash Hero
i play olimar precisely because he throws weeds at people. i mean come on, throw weeds that latch on, hit people, and grab too?!? sign me up!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'm sorry rich, but i was just countering your arguement that sharking is beatable by getting the lead and play gay. :( sorry, no harm intended. don't think I'm an *** D:

Lol okay, i had some gay *** campy snake CP me to brinstar. Lava starts coming up when I have 190%. it's also covering the whole stage but the top platform. that snake previously set explosives JUST RIGHT to where if i land I'm going to die (he's also charging his F smash LOOOOOOOL). So I whistle reversal away, then i whistle into the lava and hold shield until it went away XD
thats a neat trick, never even knew something like that could happen.

as for the dealing with MK's sharking thing, how exactly is the best way to deal with it?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
:( You have time to post but not have time to IM me about the interview?

Hey, guys! Looks like the Game and Watchers are discussing us! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274545
Hugz
In my defense, quick thoughtless one liners on the boards are way easier and less time consuming than well thought out answers to questions in an interview. I will try harder to finish it though

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Naw dawg, I'm talkin about going from LEDGE TO LEDGE

unless that's what Hilt has been talking about too

Haha yeah, I do that all the time on Delfino, I always try to go for it if possible after taking a stock lol. Brinstar it's risky if they realize they can break the blocks, and you obviously can't if the Acid is up. You an also do it on Halberd, actually, but it's hard as hell. You can also use the momentum from the swing to pop up through the middle of the stage and cover yourself with an attack, if you'd rather not go for the other ledge, haha.
no that's what hilt has talked about. I call it going tarzan. XD
lol yeah i always called it Tarzaning. I do it the most on Japes, though. I'm gonna have to make a video or something of my japes shenanigans X:

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
well before i could turn to the darkside and main meta-knight my brother did. and he got good with him fast. at first it was an awful MLG flashback being ***** but anyone who picked meta-knight, then now he wins 3/4 matches now and only by a stock. usually if i live every stock past 110% i seem to win, but one gimp and its boom.

The toughest thing to deal with is that up-b fly toward you, it seems my only options are if hes high, u-smash, low, run away or pivot grab. then thats it. is there anything else i can try? im going to try to get some vids this weekend when hes off school..

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Pyronic told me awhile ago that you can use Nair to beat out MK's glide attack. That, Dash Attack, and utilt are the only move Olimar has that can beat them out, I think, because of them being multi hit attacks.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
how to stop sharking: just get to a higher ground area, each and every tourney stage you can be sharked in also has multiple platforms heights, if you see a MK about to shark, get to one of those platforms...they never have edges so MK either has to commit to sharking right under that platform with no edges...which is risky and punishable if even one mistake is made by MK, or he can semi shark retreating away after only 2 or 3 hits he can get if he wants to be safe...

otherwise you just have to run and force MK to use most jumps just getting to you, if this doesn't make any sense, sorry, ill try to explain later when i have time to think xD, i think only brinstar lets MK shark constantly due to the stage, so thats why i always ban that againt MK now

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Haha yeah, I do that all the time on Delfino, I always try to go for it if possible after taking a stock lol. Brinstar it's risky if they realize they can break the blocks, and you obviously can't if the Acid is up. You an also do it on Halberd, actually, but it's hard as hell. You can also use the momentum from the swing to pop up through the middle of the stage and cover yourself with an attack, if you'd rather not go for the other ledge, haha.lol yeah i always called it Tarzaning. I do it the most on Japes, though. I'm gonna have to make a video or something of my japes shenanigans X:
This might be a good way for me to waste my opponents invincibility frames (if they don't catch on. I need a new mindgame to waste my opponents invinicibility frames after they respawn. Like when I see MK's play, after they kill, if they have the lead, they will plank for a bit, but Oli an't afford to take that risk :(

Avoid him.
k, I'll use Dabuz's advice, that will really help. I always thought I had to fight a sharking MK because I didn't wanna forfeit the stage to him, but it seems like this is the best way to go so Imma do this from now on.

well before i could turn to the darkside and main meta-knight my brother did. and he got good with him fast. at first it was an awful MLG flashback being ***** but anyone who picked meta-knight, then now he wins 3/4 matches now and only by a stock. usually if i live every stock past 110% i seem to win, but one gimp and its boom.

The toughest thing to deal with is that up-b fly toward you, it seems my only options are if hes high, u-smash, low, run away or pivot grab. then thats it. is there anything else i can try? im going to try to get some vids this weekend when hes off school..
who is ur brother?

^good stuff

So, are any of you guys housing for MLG? DEHF and I need a place to stay. It'd be much appreciated!!
just stay in the hotel like everyone else =_=

Top Bottom