• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6 - Norcal Regional - **NEW SIGNUP INFO** (7/23) Feat. Mango, KK, Kels, Zhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you think i'm johning for mw? you know me better than that otg. that's just crappy pools structure. kels got 13th no johns
can't wait to see vids

EDIT: fixed for accuracy

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Yo this was too good. I got a lot of stuff to work on. Going hard the rest of this summer.

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
Order of results:

Fox
Sheik
Doc
Marth
Falcon
Peach
Falco
Falco/Falcon

****ing diversity.
Mango Played Falco and Fox. I think he lost to Shroomed in the first match of LF and went Falco the rest. Not sure what he went before all that I think he was mixing around.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Kels took a game off Mango in their bracket set. How many people in the world can say they've done that... give him a break guys

btran115

Smash Rookie
Kels took a game off Mango in their bracket set. How many people in the world can say they've done that... give him a break guys
I don't know if it was intentional or not, but Mango lost the first game in a lot of his sets.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Cant wait to see all the vids. Good stuff Mango,KK,shroomed,and my favorite marth besides m2k,ppu. Cant wait for fc results.

:phone:

Hax

Smash Champion
someone 100 miles from s2j considers me overrated!? /slitwrist

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Mango setting up his johns. Goes spacies through bracket, falcon dittos vs. s2j
Mango is sandbagging using Falcon again? ... hate that
they basically always falcon ditto

DUUUUUDE

Am I reading this right?
PewpewU 4th?

Who says Marths don't have results LOL
he's a beast. can't wait until the recordings go up. i would have liked to see him vs kk, there was a spell where i thought he might win the tournament

SoCal kinda got unlucky brackets.

Mango cleared out s2j AND lucky from losers, and i think fly had to face s2j kinda early in winners iirc.

johns aside, can't wait for (hopefully) VIDS to come out
true to an extent. somewhat unlucky to meet in that section of losers, but it happened in large part b/c of whacky seeding + mango losing to bladewise

Oh, guess I gave norcal too much credit to not run pools w/ top 2 out. That's APEX level ****.

you think i'm johning for mw? you know me better than that otg. that's just crappy pools structure. kels got 13th no johns
can't wait to see vids

EDIT: fixed for accuracy
apex was a 2 day event. as zoap said, pools were nearly skipped entirely. multiple rounds of pools was simply not feasible here given that there were 6-7 hours for singles. finishing the tournament was the priority

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's k if you don't do multiple rounds of pools (i'd be very impressed if a 1-day tourney did 2 rounds), top 2 out is just terrible for bracket seeding & the fact you can lose 1 set and be out of the tourney.

can't argue that top 2 out isn't faster though

also apex was 3 days AND they did top 2 out, those pools sucked lol

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i meant 3, but that's even more to the point.

top 2 out is much different in this setting than for apex b/c of the distribution of talent. apex had so many pools and so many good players present that top 2 out set a firm cutoff among players of similar skill. this tourney had a lot of solid players even in the lower half of pools, but the drop from the #2 to #3 was noticeable in basically every pool. it's ofc possible that shenanigans occur with one round of pools and top 2 out, but it was a minor concern. the only example i can think of of someone getting "screwed" by top 2 out was merc, but he wasn't originally in the singles list or something and had to be added to a pool at the last second, which is a separate issue

edit: so while i agree that there are reasons not to do it, the circumstances permitted it imo

i <3 all of you. proper shout outs later. kels will be getting techchased in his dreams tonight :troll:

Violence

Smash Lord
Posting from my phone before I fly.

Because this is a regional where the TO's are experienced and understand the relative abilities of most of the players, seedlings were done very much on purpose so that the first second and third seeds had a sizable gap in ability. This resulted in no one getting tie break screwed. Results were pretty clear cut and evident.

In comparison, apex pools were not seeded well, and their pools were smaller increasing the chance of ties.

Meanwhile, our pools of 6 with top 2 out, while they could in theory cause problems, experience and good execution made sure those problems were very unlikely and since they didn't happen, I doubt people were dissatisfied with the result.

Shoutouts to come in the results thread.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Glad to see Mango taking over again :) If you read this, don't take any chances at FC. Make your way through winners bracket and take it undefeated. You can do it.

Very happy to see PewPewU in 4th, going to love to watch your vids.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Say what you want though, Kels is really good. Nobody in the MW ever said he was the best player in the world so why are people acting like we did? He's easily top 25 in the country. So that means at most, 24 American players can talk crap.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Say what you want though, Kels is really good. Nobody in the MW ever said he was the best player in the world so why are people acting like we did? He's easily top 25 in the country. So that means at most, 24 American players can talk crap.

Because you guys said he would win, clearly. If that's not talking crap, idk what is.

Zoap

Smash Master
Made a mistake earlier, Lucky was the other 7th not Zhu. Zac and Zhu both got 9th.

Kels was projected by his supporters to get anywhere from 1st to top 5, so don't pretend the talk is unwarranted.

Max?

Smash Champion
Hey hey, no one johned for me when I lost to Hbox and Mango at RoM 3 for 13th, huh? Totally a conspiracy!
Well you've actually done things at Nationals, and your region is good and doesn't need to hide behind it's best player to feel acknowledged in the eyes of the community.

Kels was projected by his supporters to get anywhere from 1st to top 5, so don't pretend the talk is unwarranted.

This.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Kels is good, but he wasn't even on of the top 15 players yesterday. I'm talking skill, not placing.

The tournament was ****ing stacked dude. There was like 8-10 people better than kels. ****ing ******** that he had to play s2j first round, that's insulting to someone that traveled that far to play imo, and whether the MW has been overconfident in their boy or not is completely irrelevant, he seems fairly humble himself.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well you've actually done things at Nationals, and your region is good and doesn't need to hide behind it's best player to feel acknowledged in the eyes of the community.

This.
Well ya but I was just saying this to add some more wood to the fire. =) In Canada, it feels like we're all solo, I do stuff at certain tournaments, KK/Unknown do stuff at other tournaments. lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kels is still good. He's just not as good as MW thought he was. But he's still good. It's not like his placings at Pound 5 and whatever are eradicated by his performance here...

Hopefully he takes what he learned from playing the WC and expands his repertoire. I know we certainly talked about a few things he could do to improve his game ^_^

sidefx

Smash Champion
sorry guys i passed the **** out when i got home last night.

full results are up on the front page (second post down)

or for you lazy mother ****ers

Melee Singles Results:

Singles Bracket

1: Mango ($450.00)
2: KirbyKaze ($270.00)
3: Ray Charles (Dajuan) ($135.00)
4: PewPewU ($45.00)
5: Bladewise ($10.00)
5: S2J ($10.00)
7: Wes
7: Lucky
9: Darkatma
9: Lovage
9: Zac
9: Zhu
13: SilentWolf
13: Tafokints
13: Fly Aminita
13: Kels
17: GERM
17: Toph
17: Darrell
17: Bob$
17: TAI
17: SilentSpectre
17: Sung
17: ZeldaFreak
25: stabbedbyanipple
25: Phil
25: Scar
25: Gishnak
25: Brandon
25: Tang
25: La'Drya (Alan)
25: Sheridan

Melee Doubles Results:

Doubles Bracket

1: Zac + Dajuan (Zac + Dajuan) ($260.00)
2: Hugos a Buster (Mango + Lucky) ($156.00)
3: Brandon + PPU (Brandon + PPU) ($104.00)
4: Scarwes (Scar + Wes) ($20.00)
5: Man Candy II HD Remix (Alan + KK)
5: Double Dragon (SS + Tang)
7: S2J + Lovage (S2J + Lovage)
7: Dirty Leaders (Atma + Bladewise)
9: Germ + Phil (Germ + Phil)
9: Fly and Zhu (Fly + Zhu)
9: Gishboobs (Tafo + Gishnak)
9: Silent Toph (Toph + Silent)
13: Darrell + Bob$ (Darrell + Bob$)
13: Khepri + Kels (Khepri + Kels)
13: stab + sung (stab + sung)
13: Sheridan + Peter (Sheridan + Peter)
17: HUGQ + TheCrimsonBlur (HUGQ + TheCrimsonBlur)
17: Theo + Nima (Theo + Nima)
17: KevAids (Kevin + Aiden)
17: Team Beard (Lorin + Killua)
17: Story of the Delusional Betas (Goose + Luke)
17: Lost Fetus's ()
17: Lactating Phallus (coolkid + Justin)
17: Team P-town (Fly Taka + Nardis)
25: Northern Sexiness (Socknose + Sparky)
25: Ridiculous Poor Imagination (Carp + Wu)
25: Laying in the Dedekind Cut (Coolian + Violence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom