• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Run7 presents: Brawl for a Cause – *****UPDATED MAY 10*****, 2ND POST FOR DIRECTIONS

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
The Runaway 7 Presents:
Brawl for a Cause
a
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Charity Tournament

Be sure to check out the second post from time to time for important notes and updates!

Thanks to the fraternity Tau Kappa Epsilon for helping me get the room at CBU. All donations will be benefiting the Alzheimer's Association. For more information on the Alzheimer's Association, visit http://www.TKE.org

Contact Information
Name: Will Guy or Lance
E-mail: Runaway7@live.com
Phone: 901-292-9875 (Text messages are ok too.)
AIM: MeleeLance

Date:
May 10th, 2008

Thomas Center
Memphis, TN

Time:
  • Signups start at 11am and the tournament should start at Noon. I’ll give my cell phone number out later, please, please, please call me if you’re going to be running late. Although, running late is not cool so please try and be on time and ready to brawl! =D
  • Please don't show up earlier than 10am.
  • Doubles will be played first.
  • Signups for singles will be finalized towards the end of the doubles tournament, and pools for singles will start almost immediately after doubles.
  • We have to be out by midnight.

Fees:

• Singles: $15 per person (with $5 of this going to charity)
  • Doubles: $12 per person/ $24 per team (with $2/person going to charity)

Prize Breakdown:
  • Singles: 1st-70%/ 2nd-20%/3rd-10%
  • Doubles: 1st-70%/ 2nd-20%/3rd-10%

Rules:

Singles:

• Round-Robin pools will be played for singles.
  • Brackets will be double elimination format.
  • Items are set to OFF
  • Stock will be set to 3
  • 7-8 minute time limit. (I reserve the right to lower the time limit in the event of time constraints.)
  • All matches will be best of three.
  • Winners and Losers finals will be best of 5.
  • For each set, both players are allowed to strike 2 of the neutral or counterpick stages from that set. I've seen this trend lately and it makes sense imo since we have a ****-ton more stages to worry about than in Melee tournaments.

Doubles:
  • Pretty much the same as singles.
  • Team attack is set to ON.
  • Life stealing is allowed.
  • Round-robin pools may or may not be needed, depending on the number of entries.

Miscellaneous

All control schemes are allowed. You may also map your buttons however you want. However, if you are using the sideways Wiimote/C. Controller/Wiimote+nunchuk, if at all possible please attempt to use the TV/Wii that your Wiimote is synced to for as many matches in a row on that setup is possible. This will help the tournament run a little sooner, but please don't try and kick someone off of a TV because of this, it's not that[/] big of a deal.

Controller mods [that affect gameplay] are not allowed.

In order to prevent bracket manipulation and uphold the spirit of the tournament, nobody is allowed to forfeit a match in pools or brackets. If it is determined that something like this happened, it will either result in the match being replayed, or total disqualification at my discretion.

If you are disqualified and/or removed from the event for ANY reason, please do not expect a refund.

I know we all know how it goes, but for those who don’t, here’s a breakdown of how a set will be played.

• In the first match of a set, either player may choose to do a double-blind character selection, in which case the tournament organizer should be notified.
  • The first match of a set will be played on an approved random stage (neutral) unless the two entrants agree 100% on one of their choosing.
  • The loser of the first match chooses a neutral or allowed counterpick stage of their choice.
  • The winner of the first match chooses their character AFTER the loser of the first match chooses the counterpick stage, but BEFORE the loser picks their character.

**Nobody can pick a stage as a counterpick that they’ve already won on in the same set, but you can pick a stage as a counterpick that you have lost on in that set.**

Stages:

Neutral (random) Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Delfino Plaza

Counterpick Stages:
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario Circuit
  • Halberd
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Castle Siege
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Onett
  • Corneria
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Green Greens
  • Brinstar
  • Jungle Japes

Banned Stages:

**Important**

These stages should NEVER be played on unless both parties agree 100%. Any problems should be reported to me asap. If it is determined that a match was bogus, only ONE match will be replayed, not the whole set. If the problem is not reported immediately to me before the winner of that match has played another round in the brackets, I won’t be able to help you.

• Bridge of Eldin
  • Norfair
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • Rumble Falls
  • Pirate Ship
  • Spear Pillar
  • Port Town Aero Dive
  • Wariorware, Inc.
  • New Pork City
  • Summit
  • 75m
  • Mario Bros.
  • Flat Zone 2
  • Temple
  • Yoshi's Island [Melee]
  • Big Blue
  • Pictochat
  • Hanenbow
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Skyworld
  • Distant Planet
  • Shadow Moses Island

This list of stages seems pretty solid, but they are still up for discussion.

***HELP NEEDED***

I would greatly appreciate it if people could bring TVs, Wiis, copies of Brawl, and power strips (surge protectors). The more setups we have, the smoother the whole thing will run. I have about two setups that I could bring, and I’m pretty sure everyone from my crew will bring one, but that still won’t be enough.

If you don’t have all the characters/stages unlocked yet…
CLICK HERE FOR A SPEED UNLOCKING GUIDE

Thanks ahead of time for bringing setups, our community being extremely awesome and friendly is something that sets us apart from other tournament scenes.

Lance87

Smash Lord
DIRECTIONS

My cell number is 901-292-9875, you can ask for Lance/Will, whatever you wanna call me.

Sorry for the sloppy post but i'm in a rush

Ok, The tournament is being held in the Thomas Center at CBU.

For a formal link with a grid or whatever here ya go http://www2.cbu.edu/cbu/AboutCBU/CampusMapandDirections/index.htm

For the closest parking lot to the Thomas Center park in the parking lot off of Central Avenue. i don't think there will be a guard in the little booth thing but if there is just tell him you're there for a charity event and there shouldn't be a problem, if there is, call me and i'll send my brother to handle it.

The only landmark I can think of by the Central Avenue parking lot is the Children's Museum of Memphis or CMOM. If you see that, you're close.

I'm very, very, very sorry for such a late update on the directions guys and to be honest, I don't know my way around CBU that well either so i'm gonna leave the "zomg i'm lost" calls to my brother.

Please try and be on time, Brawl takes long enough in a tourney format as it is, lol.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Pre-registration and housing requests!​

Pre-registration list

Lance87
Nite
SLink
Zero
Fizz
CO_Brad
Deeber
FreshStep (Sandbox, lol)
Foxx
Candlejack + fri
Vince
-Chad-
Myztek
Iori
IHSB
HyperDragon
Ambix
GA_Peach + friends
Handorin
Tom
Alpha + 4 (GA)
Metaphysik
Yang
Handorin
Boon
McCloud
G. Vice
Gerbil
Prac
Sunchaser
SleepyK
KO_Kingpin + 2
JMoan
Baky + friends

• It is not absolutely necessary to pre-register, but it will give me an idea on how many to expect. So please post and let me know if you're coming and if you'll be bringing a setup :)

Housing Requests

If you need housing please post in this thread asking to be added to the list.

Alpha + 4

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
April 26th is a real 50/50 for me, but I should know at least by April 1st if I can come or not. A week later would be 100%, but I don't want to cause problems. ^^'

I can tell you, however, that if I go, I'll be dragging Boon, McCloud, and Handorin. I'll bring a whole setup, and I'm sure we can scrounge up another one from the other three.

<3 Lance its so great to see that you're all still very invested in the Midsouth community!

Nite

Smash Champion
Darn it, you guys are never going to live me down for this.

Band Spring Trip Johns. This is like the last band thing Im ever going to do, and you happened to place it during the trip.
Haha, that sucks. But yea, we'll never let you hear the end of your band johns. Sorry.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Be sure to check the 2nd post. Sorry about the date confusion guys, at least I caught the problem within the first 24 hours of the thread going up =D Hope this date works out better for out of state peeps.

I hope this wont end up being bigger than the one later. That will make me really sad. =(
Huh? Anyways, with the new date, you have no Johns. Bring S. Squad, and a setup if you can =D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hando, some times you need to turn on your filter and make sure that the things you say aren't possibly offensive or entirely vague. But I love you anyways.

@Lance: the date change is great! =)

D

Deleted member

sorry but i doubt you'll get many, if any at all of the la smashers. i was the driving force behind long travels, and im not very fond of brawl. thanks for the invite though!

taylor

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I would be more than happy to attend this.... if someone gives me a ride of course. Some people coming from huntsville in general XD.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Moogle, get tarnish on your way! He's got to be one of the coolest dudes ever.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I am glad you pre-registered me without me having to post. I will definitely be there, unless something drastic comes up. I will also bring a complete setup and help you run it overall if need be. I miss helping run the tournaments around here, twas fun.

And what's the deal? No 75M neutral? I might not make it after all.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hey Lance, we can use classic controllers, right?

please? ^^'

(and you can prereg me, Hando, Boon, and McCloud. and I'll bring a whole setup like i said)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Does LED lights in the back of the controller count as a controller mod? haha

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Moogle, get tarnish on your way! He's got to be one of the coolest dudes ever.
Haha... thx man XD. I still feel bad about when you guys came for the tourny in Florence and we came home late and you and moogle dint have much to sleep on.

[EDIT] - I also forgot to mention that i can bring a setup. It wont ( most likely ) be a tube TV, it will prob be a 26 HDTV. I have my HD cables for my Wii so it will be alright.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Haha... thx man XD. I still feel bad about when you guys came for the tourny in Florence and we came home late and you and moogle dint have much to sleep on.
It's no problem. Ive been through worst, trust me. ;) If you and AL want housing though, I will be glad to provide. (Considering my parents let me.)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Last edited by ihavespaceballs : Today at 02:22 PM. Reason: I CAN'T COUNT

^-^

Lance87

Smash Lord
Hey Lance, we can use classic controllers, right?

please? ^^'

(and you can prereg me, Hando, Boon, and McCloud. and I'll bring a whole setup like i said)
Awesome. I forgot to address this point, i'll update my first post. Thanks for bringing a setup =D

That goes for anyone that brings a setup, thanks a ton. There's nothing ****tier than showing up to a tournament with no TVs =(

Lance87

Smash Lord
I'm starting to worry about the room not being big enough... I'm calling around and trying to brainstorm for where we could hold a local tournament for free/cheap to help raise money besides Pizza Inn because that's not an option at this point

I know that INN3 was held in the same exact room, does anyone remember how many setups we squeezed in there?

Top Bottom