• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.i.N. - Smash in Nevada / West Coast Regionals (UPDATES!!! + DATE CHANGE!!!)

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Smash In Nevada!
S.I.N.
$2000+ Guaranteed Brawl Singles Prize Pool!
$1000+ Guaranteed Brawl Doubles Prize Pool!
Melee Is Confirmed, both Singles and Doubles!
TvC side tourney for only $3!!
Also Plushies!

When:

• June 13-14
Where:

• The University of Nevada, Las Vegas
  • Directions and info Forthcoming
Why:

• The purpose of this tournament is to find the BEST BRAWLERS in the world. With a top prize of over $1200, if you think you're the best, there is NO reason that you shouldn't be able to make this. Also Vegas is tight, there will be tons of great players, there will be crews, and even if you suck you will get to play in a bracket!
Costs:

• [*]Brawl

• $15 Singles
  • $10 Each Team
  • Only a $5 Venue fee ($2 off for TV or Wii w/ Brawl, $5 off for TV and Wii w/ Brawl)
  • $30 TOTAL for Singles, Doubles and Venue!

• [*]Melee

• [*]Pricing is still under disscussion, but probable chances lean at same pricing.

So far, confirimed event include:
  • Brawl Singles Event
  • Brawl Doubles
  • Brawl Amateur Bracket
  • Crews (HELL YEAH)
  • Every player gets recorded!
  • Dedicated Money Match and Friendly TV's throughout the tournament
  • Good possibility of Melee TV's (for Vince) and other side events
  • Projector Screen for Featured Matches (players will play on CRTs with no lag, and simultaneously broadcast to the Projector)
  • Best in Nevada Challenge! (beat all 37 of our best character mains to win prizes!)
  • Mother****in plushies
The goal of this tournament is to bring smashers from all across the country for an amazing tournament! We have an excellent venue with space for up to 400 players, and with an amateur bracket we can guarantee everyone at least 8-10 tournament matches.

Travel Arrangements and Housing

• We'll do our best to provide housing for every player we can, but in the event of an issue arising, housing is the responsibility of the traveling player. We'll be conducting a survey of Las Vegas players to find out whom and where housing is available.
Tenative Schedule of Events

Schedule subject to change as more events are planned.
Saturday

• 9:00 AM - Open for Registration and Setup
  • 12:00 PM - Brawl Singles Pools
  • 2:00 PM - Pro Bracket Seeding Pools
  • 3:30 PM - Brawl Doubles
  • -Start Crews as time permits-
Sunday

• 9:00 AM - Open for Setup and Friendlies
  • 10:00 AM - Brawl Main Event Begins
  • 11:00 AM - Brawl Amateur Bracket Begins
  • As Singles Finishes PM - Brawl Regional Crews
  • After Crews - Whatever the hell we want
Monday

• AFTER PARTY!

Please read the rules as they may be different from what you play with in your home state. Full written copies of the rules and stage lists will be available at the tables, as well as moderators staffing the event to make clarifications.

Game Settings:
* 3 Stock
* 7 Minute Time Limit
* Items Set to "All Off" with frequency set to "None."
* Advanced Slob Picks
* If for some reason the game settings are incorrect, the single game is to be replayed with the correct settings as soon as you notice. In the case of a non-influential setting, for instance, Items not being set to All Off, or the time being set to 8:00 instead of 7:00 in a game that ends in 4:00, the setting should be adjusted at the nearest possible convenience, but the match should not be replayed. Please see a moderator if you have an issue.

Gameplay Rules
* Be respectful at all times, and enjoy yourself
* Tournament matches will be sets, 2/3, finals 3/5.
* Advance Slob Picks is in effect. The loser of the previous game picks the next stage, the winner may then change their character, and then the loser may change their character.
* Tournament Legal Stages:
(We will be using the SBR recommended stage list. Big picture coming soon)
* Each player may ban one stage, before the first game starts. If a banned stage is selected at random, reset the match.
* At the end of your match, both the winner and the loser should report to the moderator for their TV, and report the results, and then the winner will go to the Tournament Organizer table to report his win for the bracket. If you do not report with the other player to the moderator, and claim that the match was misreported later, then there is no way that we can enforce it. It is the winner's responsibility to report the match to the TOs; failure to report may be cause to award a match loss for your next match.
* Deliberately misreporting a match will get you ejected without refund. Don't be that guy.
* If there is a dispute about controller ports, it is to be settled by rock-paper-scissors or a coin flip if available.
* Excessive stalling is banned.
Stalling is loosely defined as going to an extreme to avoid being attacked in order to run out the clock. This includes going under the stage repeatedly with certain characters, floating in an unapproachable location and then floating down with Peach's float and up-B, Sonic's Homing attack stall, etc. Any player that believes the other player to be excessively stalling for more than one minute may pause the game and summon a moderator to deal with the issue; however if the moderator rules that this pause feature is being abused, he may award a game loss for unnecessary pausing. If the match is recorded, it may be reviewed after the fact to check for stalling. Stalling is banned for fairness, sportsmanship, and to increase the efficiency of the tournament, so players that have clearly "won" the match and are stalling "for show" will still be awarded a single game loss for excessive stalling. Don't be that guy.
* Excessive "Planking" may be considered stalling, at the moderator's discretion.
Planking is camping on the edge with an applicable character indefinitely. This will be ruled as stalling ONLY if it applies to more than two minutes total of the entire match, and if the match is decided by time. Please pause the game and summon a moderator to review matches where you believe an opponent is Planking to gain a time advantage.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This Is It!!!!!!!

THE TIME HAS COME!!!!!

The Great Xyro challenges ALL of Nevada to a 50$ money match. Oh and Tudor, 200$ mm for you, wimp.

The time to man up to the trash talk is HERE. I WILL be here and i will walk out a filthy rich SOB..............i hope.

However, i do have a problem. Im pretty sure NOBODY in Nevada like me so housing is goin to be hard to find. Anybody wanna open up thier doors to let me house(27th-31st)? In person im a good guy.....no joke.

PS: NEVADA IS TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheHebrewHammer

Smash Apprentice
<----Will be attending

**** so you're gonna 50 dollar money match sk92 and dannykat =) j/kj/k
I'll house you, I saw you at WCSL and I know you're not a bad guy.

Xyro77

hmm i remember him but i dont remember you, i apologize. If i were to house with you it would need to be from the 27th to 31st. whats the nearest airport,guys?

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
I hope you aren't thinking "Whatever happens in Vegas... stays in Vegas", cause xyro everyone's gonna know you got ***** by all of Vegas...

Xyro77

I hope you aren't thinking "Whatever happens in Vegas... stays in Vegas", cause xyro everyone's gonna know you got ***** by all of Vegas...
Nice movie relation but IT DONT WORK,scum bag!

Im gonna DECIMATE this trashy state and make you hand me my 200$(all in 1$ bills) with your teeth!

SET YOUR ALARMS CAUSE CAPTAIN XYRO IS GONNA molest THIS POOP FILLED STATE!!!!!

Cnn, msnbc, abc, foxnews and bbc will be there to witness the messiah(tudor) falling to the GREEN LESBIAN. WHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!

PS: i need housing. tudor.....wanna house me?
PPS: heres my pic if this will change your mind http://69.90.174.248/photos/display_pic_with_logo/58433/58433,1199060367,1.jpg

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Nice movie relation but IT DONT WORK,scum bag!

Im gonna DECIMATE this trashy state and make you hand me my 200$(all in 1$ bills) with your teeth!

SET YOUR ALARMS CAUSE CAPTAIN XYRO IS GONNA molest THIS POOP FILLED STATE!!!!!

Cnn, msnbc, abc, foxnews and bbc will be there to witness the messiah(tudor) falling to the GREEN LESBIAN. WHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!

PS: i need housing. tudor.....wanna house me?
That'd be awesome!

And should I bring $1,000 in twenties for the bet on who will win, and then the winner gets an extra $1,000?

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Lol xyro you picture made me smile!

Not in the "wow xyro is a hot lesbian" kind of way, more in the "It doesn't matter how much you practice sitting on a pole, it will still hurt for a week after i'm done with you" kind of way.

PS. Honestly I dunno if I can house you because I'm moving to a new house so if I let you know it would be very short notice. I can however drive you from the airport (mccarran) if you like and we can also hang out too.

Xyro77

Lol xyro you picture made me smile!

Not in the "wow xyro is a hot lesbian" kind of way, more in the "It doesn't matter how much you practice sitting on a pole, it will still hurt for a week after i'm done with you" kind of way.

PS. Honestly I dunno if I can house you because I'm moving to a new house so if I let you know it would be very short notice. I can however drive you from the airport (mccarran) if you like and we can also hang out too.

Mc Carran? thats the one i need to fy to? ill look it up! and dont worry about housing, i hope some one else can open up for me.

prepare to lose, romanian scum!!!!

Press22

Smash Journeyman
**** Xyro
$50 Money match everyone?

you're not gonna have enough to leave Vegas.
You should shave them legs so you could be a better hitch hiker.

:T well Woot SiN!
I made the poster :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So I think that it would make sense if I went to this.

Seeing that it is named after me.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
I love how Xyro and Tudor talk trash, but when it comes to housing and other stuff like hanging out, they are nice to each other lol.

Xyro77

dis looks cool, I might actually fly for this one since I'll have my passport by then.
bring that trash over here!

I love how Xyro and Tudor talk trash, but when it comes to housing and other stuff like hanging out, they are nice to each other lol.
indeed! we really dont hate each other. or at least i dont hate him.

so will anybody house me? PLZ!!!!!!!

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
indeed! we really dont hate each other. or at least i dont hate him.

so will anybody house me? PLZ!!!!!!!
I don't hate you but I don't like you either, your online persona is ****ty. But I'm not the kind of person to dislike others so I totally trust that in person your cool.

You'll probably get housing somewhere.

Ravin

Smash Lord
What, Noone mains Samus!!

-Looks at the four Samus mains going-

Well ****.

Xyro77

i cant go to SiN anymore. if anybody tried to get me housing, thank you!

i had an accident with my truck and the insurance wont pay for it so im over 1000$ in the hole.......SiN is out.

TokiDoki

Smash Journeyman
This will be my first tourny ( at least I hope if I'm not to shy by then lol >..>)

Top Bottom