• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.o.T.H. : May 30th, Terre Haute IN BRAWL TOURNEY

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hey....Anyone In The Ohio Area Wanna Give me a Ride to this Tournament....Of Course I'll pay Gas and things of that Sort...This Request isn't limited to Ohio...I would love to make it to this Tournament....

clowsui

Smash Legend
YbM Tyr says he might come to this...
Also tomorrow we might be training at his house (Eddy and I), are you up for it?

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL I bet your mario will still get ***** by Marth =P

also YbM i'm talking around 3 oclock ish, whenever Tyr is free I guess.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Nah, Ducky started picking up Marth now, and Ducky is god when it comes to learning characters increadibly quick, he's already got his spacing near-perfect. Ducky is really good at watching other's styles and mimicing them. Plus, he's a very smart player if he's paying attention.

So, I'll definantly know the insides and outs of that matchup by next week. Especially since we're doing some intense playing the night before with some friends.

Plus, I always have my secondaries, MK and ICs, but I only use them when I'm bored. (Never in a tourney, that'd be dumb!)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Listening to the GOD KAIS rap makes me so hyped.

YbM, I'd love to play you in person; I need Kirby MU experience anyway.

oh yeah, I just freaked out because yesterday my older brother took our copy of brawl to a friends house to play, but we forgot the SD card. So yeah, don't forget SD cards for this LOL. I'm probably just really overreacting for this but I really don't know.

Hopefully this in some way sparks up some Indiana Brawl scene because really...we just suck at that.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It's looking more and more like louisville will be making it to this. Especially if any of the God Kais are coming (or any of cincinnati for that matter).

I'd like to recommend something to the TO.
Having singles before doubles is not a good idea for several reasons, and I was actually somewhat surprised when I saw you had singles first.

You can have doubles second if you'd like, but dont expect as many people to enter after singles. I would kind of like the warm-up from doubles, as well as the practice from being able to play singles friendlies on spare TVs while the later rounds of doubles are still going, rather than getting there and being immediately thrown into the main event.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Louisville if you pick us up we'll pay gas money lol, Tyr doesn't wanna drive

Also looks like Smash64 wants to go to TYM

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
What!? Singles before doubles!? That would suuuuck!

Seriously guys, do singles after doubles, that way if anybody shows up late they can still do singles, also... some people need to warm up to play right.

Idk why but I'm hyped for this now.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I really would love to go to this...So If its possible for anyone to give me a ride to this i'll take it and pay accordingly...If There's no ride for me then I'll just have to go TYM

Count

Smash Champion
I know we have time restrictions this time, but one change that would be great for the next sloth would be pools..if you can find a venue with proper amounts of time. I just don't want to have to face a great player round one when I know if there were pools that I'd probably get at least a decent seed, at least I have at past tournaments.

In other news, five days away :D.

SmashLeagueOTH

Smash Cadet
People!

Make sure you know the address!

3053 US Highway 41 S,
Terre Haute, IN, 47802, United States

Plug it into your GPS or in to MapQuest. Do it now so you don't forget!

And as always, if you get lost, call one or both of us.

Ben Bertoli (Smada)
CELL (812) 878-1862

Isaias Rodriguez (LoZ)
CELL: (812) 241-4265

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Sweet! I wanted to play you in Ohio Y.B.M. I even came to Cincinnati. But I guess you were busy :( I need some Kirby tips!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1549950 from the circuit has a video of me 3 stocking boyers Fox and only taking 75% with Kirby lol (1:28:00). But I lose to bad MKs. I just auto lose a lot of other match ups too. I had to pick up MK as a back up character. And eventually I just made him my main.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
D:

Looks like ducky and I are off for this. Sorry guys.

And I only counterpick ICs against GOOD D3s. Who know the infinite like the back of their hand.

EDIT: Unless anybody else is coming through Huntington and has extra room... *crosses fingers*

Count

Smash Champion
I didn't realize I was your only hope for a ride =/. I don't even live close to huntington. I don't understand why you can't have whoever was gonna meet me in Indy just take you all the way there. :(

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I didn't realize I was your only hope for a ride =/. I don't even live close to huntington. I don't understand why you can't have whoever was gonna meet me in Indy just take you all the way there. :(
Because the person who was going to Indy is going that way anyway to see family. Plus, I'm perfectly fine with not going, if I can't find a ride I'll just host a smashfest instead.

Count

Smash Champion
Just have that person take you to terre haute. Its one more hour. I'll pay 5 dollars in gas if you cant afford it, or something. I'm not really ok with you not going, because you've been talking all this crap.

/edit anybody indiana make sure you check out the indiana social discussion in the social chatroom.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Just have that person take you to terre haute. Its one more hour. I'll pay 5 dollars in gas if you cant afford it, or something. I'm not really ok with you not going, because you've been talking all this crap.

/edit anybody indiana make sure you check out the indiana social discussion in the social chatroom.
Lol, I'm not really a trash talker IRL, but I thought it would be fun to post some trash talkin!

I'll try to make it.

EDIT: Nope, don't have a way there, unless my grandpa gets his check this Friday, which is a low chance. Even then... it's probably not going to happen.

In other words, if anybody is coming by this area, HIT ME UP, DAWG!

Count

Smash Champion
How many people in this tournament would be willing to pitch in money if they need gas money? I'll contribute 5. I bet some others will contribute one or two. Nobody wants smack talkers to not be able to make it, lol.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
So is getting a ride the problem? Or is money the problem? I'm confused.
The ride is the problem. My parents/grandparents can't take me because money is the problem.

Btw guys, thanks for trying to pitch in, but IDK, we're really low on $$$ right now. My mom doesn't work and my step-dad is laid off, so the cash supply is really low right now. I'd ask for money from my dad but he's on sick leave from work because he just had back surgery.

All in the weekend this had to happen to, and I'm not too willing to drive illegally to this as I would be too the Springfield championships. (But I doubt I'd do that even for springfield ): )

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
FALCON DITTO MONEY MATCHES!

Any opponent, any amount.

Sign up now, before all spots are taken. I will also money match people with low tiers.

Count

Smash Champion
Are you looking to pick up diddy? I have a video guide from a while back.

The diddy kong back room is going to be working on a guide shortly, I think I'm not sure.

Let play a mm/a bunch of friendlies then I can show you some diddy stuff if you're looking to pick him up.

If you're playing meta knight only then forget it! Ha.

Seriously though lets play a bunch this tournament.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm totally serious about wanting money matches from everyone, BTW.

Also, I'm interesting in housing for a single person. I'm awesome and fun to have around, and am not loud or stupid. Zoze, if no one is doing any sort of housing at all, check with me when you make potential motel plans.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I dunno about that, I know when I'm outclassed. I love playing as Ganondorf and he's probably one of my better characters, but I have no illusions about it being on your level.

Last time I played a Ganon ditto at a tourney was.... holy crap, that was Sliq back at Ann Arbor. Whoa. I didn't even auto-cancel my SH dairs then, XD.

You want Ganon ditto friendlies, I'll do those all day. You are the beast who taught me to approach with d-tilt out of landing, how can I say no?

Top Bottom