• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.o.T.H. : May 30th, Terre Haute IN BRAWL TOURNEY

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Thanks for the support, lol..I'm just hoping to play well I doubt I will win or even be in contention.

Did you talk to vamp? He lives in Indy and I just about guarantee he would take you. Look him up on AIB its not too late!! I have his phone number also if you need it.

Edit: YBM just get a job if you need money!!
It's WAAAAY too late for me to talk to him now. If I woulda known about him a day earlier I probably could've gone.

I say that because I would've asked my parents for money, and they would've given me it, but now it's way too late, I'm nowhere near them, and I don't feel like traveling 20 minutes to get there.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Thanks for the support, lol..I'm just hoping to play well I doubt I will win or even be in contention.

Did you talk to vamp? He lives in Indy and I just about guarantee he would take you. Look him up on AIB its not too late!! I have his phone number also if you need it.

Edit: YBM just get a job if you need money!!
I have a Job...been had a job...But Getting more money is good...Once you become an adult...you'll understand...

Count

Smash Champion
I have a Job...been had a job...But Getting more money is good...Once you become an adult...you'll understand...
Once you become an adult? Are you serious? I'm 19, bro. Unless being an adult is being like 30, I'm clearly an adult. I'm not entirely sure what your problem is or why you decided to make that statement but its insulting tbh.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Once you become an adult? Are you serious? I'm 19, bro. Unless being an adult is being like 30, I'm clearly an adult. I'm not entirely sure what your problem is or why you decided to make that statement but its insulting tbh.
haha...didn't mean to insult you. It's all about your state of mind...The Main reason people go to tournaments is to win money. If money wasn't involved...you wouldn't have people travelling so far to play a game...Money is more motivation to do something...which is the reason most people do anything. So While it's fun to play a game, it's more fun to play it and get rewarded for it....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaha

I'm 23 and I'm not an adult. I have yet to meet one 19 year old, including myself, that I would consider a responsible adult. All you get is the legal title to the point where you can buy cigs and be tried in court XD

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Anyone who reads this please report it to the TO!

The Rob Gambino Crew called me to tell me that they will be about 40 minutes late. Wait for them if you can.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
haha...didn't mean to insult you. It's all about your state of mind...The Main reason people go to tournaments is to win money. If money wasn't involved...you wouldn't have people travelling so far to play a game...Money is more motivation to do something...which is the reason most people do anything. So While it's fun to play a game, it's more fun to play it and get rewarded for it....
I don't know what you are up to making such an insulting post to Count. Hes hella nice.

The main reason people go to tournaments is NOT AT ALL to win money. When you go to a tournament of 100, you **** well know you are not going to win. Winning money is nice, but the reason I and almost every Melee player goes to tournaments is because of the people and the parties. Brawl is a little different because alot of good players hate the game but just play it for money. Anyway, there are only about 10 people in contention for money at every tournament, the other 80% know they probably will be going home with nothing. The winner of a big smash tournament will take home around 700-1000 bucks. The winner of a big Halo tournament could win 250K. Smash is as competitive if not more competitive than Halo, if not in numbers, certainly in skill. What I am trying to say is that Smash is inherently a game that you play for the smash society and the people in it, because the money isnt there.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I don't know what you are up to making such an insulting post to Count. Hes hella nice.

The main reason people go to tournaments is NOT AT ALL to win money. When you go to a tournament of 100, you **** well know you are not going to win. Winning money is nice, but the reason I and almost every Melee player goes to tournaments is because of the people and the parties. Brawl is a little different because alot of good players hate the game but just play it for money. Anyway, there are only about 10 people in contention for money at every tournament, the other 80% know they probably will be going home with nothing. The winner of a big smash tournament will take home around 700-1000 bucks. The winner of a big Halo tournament could win 250K. Smash is as competitive if not more competitive than Halo, if not in numbers, certainly in skill. What I am trying to say is that Smash is inherently a game that you play for the smash society and the people in it, because the money isnt there.
Bra...I was talkin to Count...Not you...I know count is nice...He's a cool Dude...it was just misinterpreted. And I go to tournaments to win. I've won Tournaments plenty of times...I Win Money so speak for yourself about going for the smash society...And you don't win...either because you're not good in Brawl or you just don't think positive about winning....Halo has a much bigger community than Brawl...so that's not even a good comparison. And honestly i personally don't like FPS games. I like fighting games...because it fits my personality. So yeah...I don't know you..I know Count...I never disrespect people who are cool to me. So mind ya business fam....

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
We need a results thread! So I can john about my bracket :D. lol.

Great tourney fun was had. Curse jigglypuff!!
lol i'm taking it thinkaman wrecked some **** up?

good stuff thinkaman

also, i'm interested in the results as well

Count

Smash Champion
I got 7th in singles, xero ducky ren thinka were all left. I had to play ren third round singles and I lost 2 to 1. He wrecked me the third round thanks to green greens :(.(it wasnt seeded) Then I played thinka in losers and his jiggly is too good! It sucked because I had beaten him in a mm earlier, but he is a very good player.

In teams avaricepanda and I took second to vamp and renegade.

third was two guys from IU, a falco and a snake, I forget their tags.

Jekyll's beastly ganon and eric took fourth.

Xero/ducky tied for fifth.

Dunno than that hilt.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
so I'm assuming I got 9th, since I lost to Thinkaman right before you.

Eff jigglypuff.

As far as I know

1. Ren
2. Xero
3. Jekyll
4. Ducky
5. dunno.

(after you left and I left, we decided to go back because my older brother wanted to see where we used to live [I don't remember because we moved from terre haute when I was like 1] and then we just went back to watch the finals, and I friendlied Ducky afterwards and left again)

Looool our first match vs. ducky and xero. My c-stick wasn't working consistently so I was super nervous, that was the luckiest fart in the world....

Really fun time. It was nice meeting you and playing doubles with you, Count. And lol at Ren's random shouts during our doubles matches. "Adequate shoulder, it was commendable...I think SOMETHING happened there..."

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately due to circumstances that are entirely my fault the original bracket was lost

but i tried my hardest to recreate it manually

i have the list of places up to 9th ish

and doubles was lost forever, so if brackets mean everything to you, blame me for not being able to brag

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
...LOLOLOLOLOL

I love you guys!

So.... how'd you like gettin' *****?

EDIT: Ducky and I are laughing out loud about how high "we" placed at this tourney.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Couldn't get the ride to show off my Skillz...........

I'll have a car for SLOTH 2 though......

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I am so confused
Lol. At this tournament I'm Xero, Rob Gambino is Ducky, and Overswarm is Thinkaman lol. Thats why everyone is saying 'Xero' lol. No one knew 'Xero' was Zozefup until after the tournament though :)

Xero has been talking trash for like a month in this thread lol. No one has every really heard of him or seen him before, and since this is his first major tournament (and he mains Mario), no one expected him to be very good. I think everyone at this tournament had challenged him to a MM because they didn't think he would be very good.

Then I show up as Xero and take 2nd in the tournament and everyone is like WTH?!?!?! So yeah, sorry guys, Xero couldn't make it to the tournament, so we still have no idea how good he is :(. I'm sure if the real Xero would have came he would have demolished everyone and took first place though XD

I wanna come to this and annihalate so badly.
I can hardly get a ride as it is. (Which sucks, since I could probably win this.)
I hope you Diddy players have some rad matchup experience, I go about even with some of the best Marios in the world, for realz.
@xero..the only reply I have to your statement is to look at tourney results..You got like second to last or something in your pool at c4 galore. Just make sure you can back up any talk!
And Count, if we end up going to S2D this weekend, you'll see some crazy stuff man.
EDIT: And count, if you don't believe I'm good you shouldn't have a problem with accepting a $5 MM at S2D or this.
When I showed up no one wanted MM with 'Xeros MK' though lol :(. But no, I wouldn't have accepted any MMs since I wasn't really Xero

edit: Oh yeah, sorry I couldn't rep Mario for you Xero. The one match I went mario in I got 2 stocked! lol. I gave up on this idea pretty quick

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
No, Ren still beats me.

I would've demolished everyone else though! (Actually I have a feeling I'm about even with the top people, but I don't even know!!! But I think that, really)

Good joke though, I laughed pretty hard. I'll try to come to the next one.

EDIT: Also... I've been to other tournaments.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
So.... how'd you like gettin' *****?

EDIT: Ducky and I are laughing out loud about how high "we" placed at this tourney.
LOL! That was too funny! I wandered what you would think when the results were posted and you got 2nd when you didn't even go! LOL XD Yeah, I wish you could have came though. I was looking forward to meeting you. Count wanted to back out of your $5 MM when he saw you playing MK hehe.

Count

Smash Champion
Hey, I still was gonna 5 dollar mm this 'xero' guy. I don't back out of stuff like that :p.

But then I had to go.

I asked 'xero' if he picked up MK since i owned his mario on wifi. Boy am I a dunce.

/edit and it wasn't just because it was mk. it was a GOOD mk lolllll.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
You did own my Mario on Wifi, but I don't play Wifi lol. Plus, I really really suck on Wifi (not even kidding, I play on there when I'm really bored with nothing else to do, so about once a month)

Really surprised nobody figured this out, I'm more than sure that Renegade knew, but he probably didn't feel like saying anything.

I'm still up for the $5 MM.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
lolololol.

I feel better about losing to you then, "xero". Although Count told me that you were Xero a couple hours ago on AIM.

falling for OoS shuttle loop like 10 times was so much fun x.x.

Although that lucky fart, :D.

(I don't know how we didn't realize it though. you two both looked older than 15, and when I told Rob Gambino that I was 13, he said he was 23 and he felt old. Xero said they were both 15, that should have been a HUUUUUGE hint.)

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
This tourney was a lot of fun.

Renegade- Best snake I've played, and thanks for the tips. You're a funny guy, but you stopped using ike when you had to play me.:(

Xero- You're a really bad player. You lost to ganon in winners, and you had to run the timer to beat him in losers.

Jekyll- That ganon was soo good. It's always a pleasure to see you, and the friendlies were awesome later. I still don't understand why sheik supposedly beats ganon so hard.

Ducky- Stop losing meta dittos and suiciding a lot. You will learn that matchup though. You only lost to Ren and Xero though, so good job.

Overswarm- Cmon... Step it up!

Eric- Good lucas. Corneria is pretty good for lucas, just not against game and watch. I still don't know what happened at the end though.

Count- Argh, I was kind of upset when you left. Once I was eliminated, you were the first person I went looking for, but you were gone.

Heero- Good stuff. I think I played you early, but I don't remember. If so, it seems you tore through the losers bracket. Good stuff.

LoZ- Awesome tournament. Sorry about being late; we're a bunch of noobs. We didn't really get to play, but you and your crew seem really chill.

Thinkaman- I see you at every tourney, but it's always a pleasure. Paducah smash is where it's at this summer.

AVP- Thanks for the mass friendlies afterwards. You're really cool, and your wario and diddy are pretty good. You got better each match; I think you were learning the matchups. You still have bad gas though.

Everyone else... haha about the xero and ducky thing. I think Jekyll was the only one that called me Gambino the whole tournament.

Count

Smash Champion
Sorry Rob :( I would've stayed if I could've..my friend had to get home from school, my girlfriend is taking summer classes and this was my last opportunity to see her, etc. I'm honored you wanted to play me that badly though. Come up and see me. Or go to the south bend tourney that is coming up.

Top Bottom