• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.Y.M.I. 2.5- End of the Year Smash- Have you SEEN that Pichu?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
There was no original thread for this one, since...yeah, boards down, and me being stuck without internet, buuuuut here are the results for this one. A pretty good turnout since it was semi-last minute.

http://challonge.com/SLYMI2PMDoubles (This was actually Melee doubles)
7 teams 1 bye:

1st Place: Chip and Dale (NetGeo+Nando)
2nd Place: The Jigg is up (Vorosh+Metal Reeper)
3rd Place: The Timberwolves (Tim+Dr3w)
4th Place: The Blumkineers (Kite+Coolin)
5th Place: Warren (Smok+Starcandy)
5th Place: Goof Troop (Tempestt+B-)
7th Place: Mr. Poppers Penguins (El Lechero+Gnomo)
7th Place: Late 2 (or the bye)

http://challonge.com/SLYMI2PMS2 (Project: M Singles)
8 participants:

1st Place: NWO
2nd Place: Metal Reeper
3rd Place: NetGeo
4th Place: Coolin
5th Place: Kite
5th Place: Ultima Scout
7th Place: Starcandy
7th Place: Villain

http://challonge.com/SLYMI2MSINGLES (Melee Singles)
15 Participants:

1st Place: Nando
2nd Place: Metal Reeper
3rd Place: NetGeo
4th Place: Ultima Scout
5th Place: Vorosh
5th Place: NWO
7th Place: Coolin
7th Place: Kite
9th Place: KYL|Dr3w
9th Place: KYL|Smok
9th Place: KYL|Gnomo
9th Place: Anagarm
13th Place: KYL|El Lechero
13th Place: KYL|Tim
13th Place: KYL|Starcandy

Shout outs to come later, as well as the jankiest match videos ever. Had a lot of fun with this one, and it was nice to get more of PA out of the woodworks. More arcades machines are coming, still. This means that the back room will be all ours soon enough. This means more room and setups. I appreciate the help I got and the support from Philly/Allentown/East Stroudsbug/NJ/DE This event will only get better.

Would the KYL guys let me know which names I got wrong for teams?

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
Tim is just Tim. No 1.You teamed with B- and El Lechero teamed with Gnomo.
Great tournament, it was really fun.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I'll be looking for the right date for that one. I may try and get a session together for Apex training. That will probably include more than just Melee, though. I'll keep you informed. S.L.Y.M.I. 3 will have plenty of notice.

LazynProud

Smash Rookie
Definitely going to have to make it to the next one if it's Apex training. I'll also do my best to get Prodigy to come down as well so we can get some doubles practice in.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Shout Outs time!!

Kite- Thanks for coming as always. I stay seeing these improvements. Even when you are playing off. Apex should be great for you.
Nando- Nice to finally meet you. You were pretty chill and awesome. Sorry about the program screwing up. I know you would have done some damage in P:M. Still, good stuff with Melee. I hope you can make it out again.
NetoGeo- Great showing there. You played solid, and You'll get Reeper next time. Kirby too good!!
Vorosh- Good seeing you again. You played well, and Puff...blah!! I'll have a Pichu ready for that thing in teams again!!
Metall Reeper- Good stuff!!! 2nd in all the events. I've got some experience in the Falcon Match-up with Pichu. It's a little easier to handle him in teams, though, surprisingly. Mewtwo!!!
NWO- Nice job winning P:M and a good showing in Melee. I think once I get P:M and sit down with it, I'll be able to learn more about MK, Roy, and Peach. Then we can work on the match-ups.
Coolin- Good stuff, bro!! You had people worried about that Link/Y.Link. Also, that DK!? Great seeing you again as always.
Ultima Scout- My gosh it was great seeing you again. I haven't seen you in years. The same goes for your Link, haha. You played solid considering you had no warm-up time, that was awesome. Your Marth, though...mad smart.
Anagarm- Thanks for coming out. The brackets were rough, man. I hope you can make it again. It was nice meeting you.
Tim- Well, you guys made it out this time. I know that the Brackets were crazy, but you got better.
Dr3w- Essentially the same as Tim, lol. It was great seeing you again.
B- : That Yoshi was pretty legit, haha. Your Marth was nice, and I know I threw a curveball with Pichu, but I REALLY hate Puff vs. Peach. Especially in teams. Overall though, you did well. I understand your hatred for Battlefield....I hate it more than anyone, trust me, haha.
Starcandy- This man, lol. You had a very rough bracket, but I see improvement. Keep it up.
El Lechero- Nice name switch, haha. I see big improvement on your end, too. Yeah, rough brackets.
Smok- Yo, Smok!? You were doing some real work in that 2v1. You've made big improvements as well.
Gnomo- Good stuff, man. Nice meeting you, and rough brackets, I know.
Dusk- Hurry up and start getting comfortable with Melee so I can teach you

Also...special shout out to Lazy....you should have been here.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Tempest: Great tournament as usual. You gotta try and get to apex even if its just to hang. Gotta introduce me to everyone lol HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR PICHU
KYL|Gnom: Good Marth man. had close matches
Anagarm: Had fun playing you, see you next time
KYL|Dr3w: You guys deff improved since last time. Cant wait for the next one. We will get that crew battle to happen
Copycat: Im happy with my 1 win against you. Next time we gotta team. See you at Apex
Vorosh: Very fun match. I need to learn to fight peach with fox better.
Nando: Congrats on winning. your falcons too good.
Nwo: MetaKnight aint no joke in PM I still hate Zelda more tho.
Villian: Good matches man. I think your friend warmed me up for our match tho lol.

Everyone else it was nice to you see you. Cant wait til next time.

Top Bottom