• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| S.Q.U.A.T. V | DEC 12th/13th | Results to come |

Select all answers that are true for you (You can select more than one answer!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You know that line kind of makes sense, hahaha.

Date change is interesting, but I'm still going to be in Japan until like, December 2! Maybe Attila and I can represent yall in a Japanese tourney!

I'll make SQUAT VI (6?) if all things go well. :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
What a fail on my part.
lol.

I'm just worried now whether this will clash with Bond Exams.
I'll have to double check with Maree the center manager (Who I spoke to this morning).

Sirias

Smash Champion
You all should already know what my attendance will be. <3

It's always a more-than-likely-no. :D

Sounds good, though, I hope a lot of people go to this. C:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
The 28th is actually a pretty good date for me. It's too far away to say I can definitely make it, but here's hoping I can.

NG7

Smash Lord
WTF 28th of November.

I never know what I'm doing that far ahead of time unless I have very big plans, and I lead a simple life...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
SQUAT V: TroS ft. Toai

Well I'm glad the date change seems to be going over well.
I've booked the large hall for Saturday, I'm still not sure if we should go ahead with a Sunday booking though.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah 28th is good, but over 2 days will be so much smoother, running both same day wil be hectic and the people will be switching between melee and brawl all the time, it will be difficult.

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
It's my nephew's birthday on the 30th, so I'm not sure if I'll go until closer to the date.
My brother wants to come too, will there be Street fighter involved? (he hasn't played smash but he is decent in SF).

Vermy

Smash Champion
I will come to this with the other Melbournians, if we can get reasonably priced accommodation.
In that instance I'll be bringing my wii, brawl and possibly TV as well.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well cheap accommodation is relatively easy to come by in Surfers Paradise. So if you wanna try finding a hostel or somewhere to stay, you can get em for as cheap as $25/night in some places. Plus there's plenty to do there like go to the beach, check out the nightlife, etc.

Gords

Smash Champion
very interested in attending this, but wont know till closer to the date,
all depends on work, accomadation, funds, etc

also what is the date for wintersmash?

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
I have to say something.

I have lived in a hotel twice during schoolies and worked in a hotel three times during schoolies, you will NOT find anything that cheap in Surfers or even as far down as Burleigh even Coolie easily. If it's gonna be that weekend I'd recommend hitting up backpackers outside Surfers. There's two backpackers in Southport and it's way closer to Helensvale while ten minutes from Surfers.

http://www.jasons.com/Australia/Queensland/Southport/Aquarius-Backpackers
http://www.jasons.com/Australia/Queensland/Southport/Trekkers-Backpackers

If you're gonna do the Surfers ones though I recommend you book ASAP so you don't lose out to the schoolies. Just remember because of the GFC cheap accomodation goes quickly especially at Schoolies.

http://www.jasons.com/Australia/Queensland/Surfers-Paradise/backpackers-hostels/

It's my birthday on the 29th too :)

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
I have to say something.

I have lived in a hotel twice during schoolies and worked in a hotel three times during schoolies, you will NOT find anything that cheap in Surfers or even as far down as Burleigh even Coolie easily. If it's gonna be that weekend I'd recommend hitting up backpackers outside Surfers. There's two backpackers in Southport and it's way closer to Helensvale while ten minutes from Surfers.

http://www.jasons.com/Australia/Queensland/Southport/Aquarius-Backpackers
http://www.jasons.com/Australia/Queensland/Southport/Trekkers-Backpackers

If you're gonna do the Surfers ones though I recommend you book ASAP so you don't lose out to the schoolies. Just remember because of the GFC cheap accomodation goes quickly especially at Schoolies.

http://www.jasons.com/Australia/Queensland/Surfers-Paradise/backpackers-hostels/

It's my birthday on the 29th too :)
Quiet you! :p

Oh wait, this info is handy, except the links dont work...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
earla, look at the first post. That'll give a good indication of what we'll be playing for.
I need at least 65 people to come to this if I don't want to dip into the pot for the prize money.
So think about that number for a second and look at the entry fees/payouts.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
says the one who took out the 80:20 melee singles pot :p

i would come to this if someone was willing to pay for a flight down from tokyo. alternatively, if i called back to aus for a uni interview i might drop by...

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Golden Rule: If players wish to alter or ignore any of the following rules with rules more familiar to them (such as ‘random starter select’ instead of stage strike) they may on the premise that all parties to the matter agree to it before hand.

General rules:
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Timer
  • Items set to “off” and ratio set to “none”
  • All sets with the exception of the championship match are best of 3 whilst the championship set is a best of five
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
    [*]In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
    [*]In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. (This is because this, unlike other suicide moves is controlled by controller port priority)
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Excessive Stalling is banned*
*Excessive Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not excessively stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. ‘Planking’ is also tantamount to excessive stalling.
You mentioned that rule twice, I'd love to go but being young and poor sucks.

earla

Smash Lord
Which melbourne smashers are hittin this up?

How much approximately would the whole full trip cost, any ideas?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Aw yeah, International attendance!
lol.

But uhm, I received a message from someone in the community who says he can score us a venue in Surfers Paradise. Don't know if want. But would certainly make for an interesting after party.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Aw yeah, International attendance!
lol.

But uhm, I received a message from someone in the community who says he can score us a venue in Surfers Paradise. Don't know if want. But would certainly make for an interesting after party.
**** would get ruined. Clubbing with a GC controller lol... I wonder how that would go down.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
If this happened I'd just go home first and get changed etc. and then head back out. I'd almost definately be out on this night anyway. unless it's near exams...

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
correct me if im wrong but
is the location at the same place as where we did "QLD brawl buddies"?
or just near it?
well anyway most likely ill go coz finally its the distance where i can at least walk to :p... i think o.O
meh we all still have 4months >w<

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Yeah, exact same location.
Its a great venue, I do say.

See ya there. :)

Unless of course we do suddenly go with said venue in Surfers. Would be interesting.
Would have to be good for parking and public transport...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@toki: Yeah, for now the venue is the same as Queensland Brawl Buddies. Keep an eye on this thread though,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom