• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.S. Linebeck idea (PH spoilers)

Tha_Goverment

Smash Cadet
Since Phantom Hourglass is the latest Zelda game on the market, it would make since to have some sort of representation. I'm not getting into the whole WW Link argument, that's a whole different topic.

Anyway, the stage itself is the S.S. Linebeck, the ship in PH. The ship and its owner play a large role in the game, so why not? The ship is facing sideways like the screenshot below. Fighters can stand on the deck, the chimney, the bridge (house-looking thing), and the prow. The stage is roughly the size of Coneria in Melee, but it's mostly flat (save for the prow, which is slightly at an angle), the bridge, while flat, is raised above the rest of the ship, and the chimney is sloping on both sides. Occasionally, the cannon will pop out and launch bombs at off-stage enemies and ships. You can stand on the cannon, which is roughly the size of the 3 small platforms on Battlefield.

The S.S. Linebeck sails through the open sea, so in the background, islands will pass by, enemies will appear, etc. Sometimes, enemies will launch bombs at the stage, doing damage similar to Arwings on Corneria. Another stage hazard is fog. Every now and then, the ship will sail into foggy waters. The stage becomes covered in light gray fog, which slightly obscures characters (barely noticeable, mostly just there for effect) and the ship. When this fog comes, you can see the shadow of the Ghost Ship in the background and bombs and enemies become more frequent. The fog doesn't last very long though. probably like 15-30 seconds.

The music that plays on this stage could be the Main (sailing) theme from PH, boss music from PH, some various WW/PH music. I'm not real sure what would fit well with this stage.

Sorry if the image doesn't quite convey what I'm describing. The ship would appear bigger than it does in that screenshot.
Tell me whatcha think!

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea, maybe you could keep it in the fog all the time though, and then have the Ghost Ship music play in the background. Maybe it could switch between you firing and the Ghost ship firing bombs, that way either the cannon is up or you're getting shot at the whole time.

Captain Brawlimar

Smash Cadet
I really like that idea for some PH representation. Something else I'd like to see in a stage like this: Maybe occasionally the ship could crash into one of those bomb barrels and the entire stage would shake. Same thing could happen when you get hit by cannonballs. I just think that would be a simple but fun addition.

Tha_Goverment

Smash Cadet
Nice idea Captain, clever name, too. I'm glad to see that people actually like my ideas here. I always got flamed on the Brawl boards on gamefaqs, mostly because I'm a GS user (Gfaqs users hate GS users and vice-versa for the most part. I just want peace. The game-specific boards are shared between the 2 sites)

zeldafan__xx

Smash Rookie
good idea, and it'll HAVE to have his theme as background music! i LOVE his theme. if he wont be a character, assistant trophy, or anything for that matter, they should at least make a stage for him or SOMETHING!

Tha_Goverment

Smash Cadet
Awesome! People like my ideas! And yes, Linebeck would be **** in Brawl. His theme only adds to the absolute ownage that is Linebeck.

Top Bottom