• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
StreetGeek 09.05

Start: 7pm Friday April 17th
Finish: 9pm Saturday April 18th
560 Goodwood Rd, Daw Park
http://www.streetgeek.com.au

This weekend is shaping up to be AWESOME!
Once again, the seedy end of the month approaches - when we all wander down to Daw Park to satisfy our deep dark cravings for digital carnage!
This weekend features such important happenings as selecting a new T-shirt design, and lifting the veil on the top-secret July event!
Many many prizes to be won.

Tickets
Tickets are $18 for allocated seating, or $9 for a social ticket, which includes most console gamers. Ladies pay half price. If you prefer, you can buy a supermembership, which gives you a ticket to every LAN for a period of 3, 6 or over 9000 months. Make sure you sign up to the website, and book a seat. A seat booking is required if you want to come in before 8pm, unless there are unbooked seats available. After 8, all bookings are void (except for Supermembers), and you can come with or without a booking. There is almost always a few spare seats, so don't worry if the tickets are booked out, you'll probably still get a seat!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Watchout guys, Nova means business! =P
:p I really don't. I expect to fail pretty badly in the tourney itself; just want offline friendlies. All of my irl friends are all Xbox/PS3 mad and thus don't take Brawl seriously when we play (and want items on). :(

I cannot believe I'm up at this hour anyway, stupid work. :mad: I'll probably sleep before the event anyway. ^_^

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Ugh, I don't think I've had worse timing in my life.

I enjoyed what little of the event I could attend, unfortunately one of my relatives has been in a car accident, so I had to leave early; I'm not sure of where I placed, but I had fun. Ant & Djbrowny, you're both awesome players as are you wh1te5had0w (I think I was vsing you near when I left). Next time I go I'll hopefully not have such awful news thrown on me in the middle of it (it was after my match with you Ant, so no excuses for my loss :p). I can't believe I did well and fluked a win on Rainbow Ride/Cruise twice, and that business with Snake not dying after a Pikmin up smash was amusing.

I have to head overseas due to this incident so I'll not be online for a few days, so I'm just saying thanks for the matches, and I apologise for bailing so early. Cheers...

swordsaint

Smash Master
Very unfortunate for Nova considering I think he put DJB into loser bracket! ^^ Post results ASAP!!!!

Well it turns out Nova DID beat DJB but had already lost to Ant. Was DJB already in losers? Or were you guys running it in an awkward style? =/

Browny

Smash Hater
Nova has a pro lolimar :O

Nah my brother put me into losers in a pretty ridiculous set. all matches down to like, 140% last stock for each of us. Next time im going to make SURE that the seedings are done properly. the brackets were pretty dumb lol with multiple cases of the same players meeting each other twice. Also next time im going to stick to my plan of who to CP against olimar, and maybe actually CP a stage ive played once in my life lulz.

SGLP 04.09
Brawl 1vs1
25 Entrants, $9 entry
1st - Desert Eagle (Fox/DK)
2nd - Ant (Wolf/Snake)
3rd - Metanova (Olimar/Wolf)
4th - W150 (Olimar/Snake)
5th - DJBrowny (Sonic/Lucario)
5th - Pokemon_legend (Fox/Snake)
7th - Ruinz (Diddy)
7th - Apollo (ZSS)

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol i dont think desert eagle should be credited with beating me, since i didnt even get to play him in the tourney >_>.

I didnt see Metanova use Zelda/Sheik to actually win in a set against anyone who placed top 8 so I didnt include that. And we did use TIO, but with no seedings + nova pulling out midway through it kinda screwed things up.

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
Yeah remember the MK ditto match in the last life u used a shuttle loop and killed yourself because I edge hogged u u know what I say FAILED!! lol :D that is why I recorded it so I can show everyone how I beat your MK with my MK and I think I beat ur snake with my snake that was cool but it was 4 minutes too bad I didn't beat ur sonic or lucario I tryed beating lucario with kirby but all I was doing wasa suking u up and going off the edge lol never worked I got u in there once but couldn't even get off the edge lol

Ruinz

Smash Rookie
Hey djb did u actully use snake in the comp? this is probably coz u didn't care but u didn't put it on the ladder

btw Ant1 our bro couldn't do ttfaf u even saw him fail it would be easy if that twilight dawn guy came
pfft get aload of my noob bro here... i couldnt finish fire an flames cause i'd been up all night then it was just thrown upon me to do it.... i just did it at home again 5 sec ago. but ehh...

oh hey look.. its my first post.. parade?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Great Lan indeed. I just missed out on top 8, damm Wolf SD's and Diddy's bananas which ive sussed out now so I wont fall for that one again lol. Good games all. My smash highlight was Ganon spiking DJB twice in a row then Ganon suicide to eliminate him in a ffa match, replay was 7 seconds too long to save :(

Next one may 8th

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
Great Lan indeed. I just missed out on top 8, damm Wolf SD's and Diddy's bananas which ive sussed out now so I wont fall for that one again lol. Good games all. My smash highlight was Ganon spiking DJB twice in a row then Ganon suicide to eliminate him in a ffa match, replay was 7 seconds too long to save :(

Next one may 8th
I think everyone hates diddy's bananas I think they are broken they make u trip plus when it gets thrown at you then u take some damage broken I say BROKEN!!

btw my highlight was beating djb in a metaknight ditto match and to W150 YOU GOT LUCKY IN THAT METAKNIGHT DITTO MATCH it was a tourney match he got lucky with his Up special

and congrats to desert eagle ending djb's and ant's terror winning streaks

150 post YAY but not 200 :p

swordsaint

Smash Master
You guys have forgotten that it was METANOVA who put an end to DJB. Get your facts straight guys. Nova only lost because he left early. Dad was in a car accident people! Give his PROLIMAR MORE CREDIT!

Browny

Smash Hater
desert eagle didnt even play me lol. Ant took me out first. and nova lost to Ant as well dont forget :p

I just didnt play gay enough. maybe i should just spam ftilt and tornado hahaha

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
desert eagle didnt even play me lol. Ant took me out first. and nova lost to Ant as well dont forget :p

I just didnt play gay enough. maybe i should just spam ftilt and tornado hahaha
hey I think ant is better than u so then maybe desert eagle could be u ant beat u djb desert eagle beat ant so there u have it plus even I beat u djb so there ur losing ur pro skills :chuckle:

swordsaint

Smash Master
From the videos, I'd have to say no-one in Adelaide looks "pro". Just seems like your lack of competitive population is halting your progess.

Did I really just mistake Adelaide for Perth? UGH

Browny

Smash Hater
ant is better than me at playing extremely gay.

I can do it too, i just dont :p

btw swordsaint what vids are you looking at lol. we need less grand finals vids held at 2.00am in the morning. And seriously, nsw/vic/qld all look amazingly pathetic when you compare them to any USA tourneys, SA isnt much worse in comparison. You cant honestly say any state in australias brawl vids are even remotely close to 'pro'. unless you call watching a marth use fair and dancing blade 40 times a minute with only 5 of them actually hitting pro :p No one in australia is pro (except cobalt lol)

srsly though, GTFO with comments like that. you're not one to talk about looking pro after the way you ragequit often vs people who beat you on wifi.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
2v2 results
1st: DJB & Ant
2nd: Aisuka & Pokemon Legend
3rd: Jamage & Groove Master General
3rd: Desert Eagle & W150
5th: Ruinz & David S
5th: Lazarusx & Anykey
5th: Zac & Slay3r

swordsaint

Smash Master
Johns are hilarious, especially offline ones.
DJB, stop taking thing's so personally and by god do not call me a troll, I gave an opinion based on what I've seen, and no where in any of my posts did I claim the Eastern side was pro.

Wi-fi, lols. Like how you and Ant based my skill of it, but when it becomes apparent that you're losing on wi-fi you tell others not to judge on wi-fi? That's hilarious actually.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Counterpick against Shaya's Dedede with Jungle Japes.
Trust me, u could've won that match with pit easily if u were on that stage.
Dedede's u-tilt has a harder time K.O ing, as the ceiling his so **** high, plus u can camp him.

Stay with pit, no one plays againts pits. But everyone plays against MK's.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
unless you call watching a marth use fair and dancing blade 40 times a minute with only 5 of them actually hitting pro :p No one in australia is pro (except cobalt lol)
Now now, a bit angry are we? Saying something like that is the reason someone isn't pro just shows how silly you are. I suppose the better you get at this game, you don't see people playing as just one move, another move, etc, you see placement, timing, spacing (yes different from placement), style, tendancies being punished, strategies employed by players constantly evolving during a match (unless it's one sided).

But hey, yeah, see the match between Dojo and M2K? I enjoyed watching that, while someone else said something really similar to you :laugh: What are you going to say? 3 minutes for each stock against two of the best, but they mustn't be pro, they barely hit eachother :laugh:.

Top Bottom