• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

ReyErnesto

Smash Cadet
I have a never ending argument with Shaun about Paper Mario 64 v Paper Mario: TTYD. I say 64 version is better.

Edit: Absolute jerkin. TTYD > any game you like. *Flies away*

Azernus

Smash Apprentice
If the Prime games are your favourites, you have no right to be talking about whether Metroid is dead or not.

That'd be like me saying: "Wow, Mario Party x was terrible, Mario is ruined forever".
no no, have you actually played other M? they tookm the game from retro studios and did irreversable damage to samus's character.

she hadnt spoken (save for shown thoughts) for the entire series until other M, where she show-cased whiney emotions nothing like her portrayed character :(

also, i played TTYD first, and liked it alot, played the N64 and liked it too. im undecided on which is better. i like the support characters in TTYD better, but N64 has a cooler plot :D

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
no no, have you actually played other M? they tookm the game from retro studios and did irreversable damage to samus's character.

she hadnt spoken (save for shown thoughts) for the entire series until other M, where she show-cased whiney emotions nothing like her portrayed character :(

also, i played TTYD first, and liked it alot, played the N64 and liked it too. im undecided on which is better. i like the support characters in TTYD better, but N64 has a cooler plot :D
Having a character speak does NOT ruin a franchise at all.

See: The Legend of Zelda: The Faces of Evil

Splice

Smash Hero
^^^
@Ghostbone: inorite

@Azernsuzdsdgx
1) but they added heaps of new stuff to keep it good. With most games series the formula is the same. Starcraft one and SCII have the same formula but they sure are different!

In the same way all Pokemon games are a different experience each with their only little segments you remember from each one. Like I treasure memories of the light tower in Silver :3

2) New pokemon are awesome and some are pretty innovative in type and ability. Theres a bug with a cannon and 4 catridges for different attacks. Pretty legit.

3) Dunno what you are reffering too. Doesnt matter. lol.

4) Other M is terrible. So what? Nintendo trying new things and new game developers (team ninja) for their titles isnt beating a dead horse. Just because its the same character has nothing to do with it. Also its funny because the reason you dislike it appears to be, what, coz they messed up Samus character? I was personally happy just to have some story filled in, whiny Samus or non-whiny Samus. But the gameplay and missions and progression sucked balls.

5) idk if Pikmin counts as new but that did pretty damn well hey? Only console without new bestsellers is Wii. But unless you have a good idea that the other mascots couldnt fill the shoes (Mario and an army of goombas just doesnt have the same touch as Olimar and Pikmin) then there is no point. Nintendos core games are platformers and some rpgs. They dont need new characters for that.

6) Dont say I agree with you when I dont. Because I seriously dont lol.

@Mason: My DK will conquer your Jiggs at ACL. I declare it so. $5 also declares it.

Azernus

Smash Apprentice
kz, w/e, opinions are opinions right? im not gonna win any favour. i dont seem to grasp your side of the argument, and i dont seem to grasp yours. agree to disagree kgo.

SA: state of awesome metagame strat mains.

its like if everyone mained gold and silver with a rattata because superfang is IMBA against wallers

Splice

Smash Hero
Azernus, I agree to-... you are wrong. :D

Grim I wanna jiggs ditto set with you as well
I gawna play uu all daiiiii

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Mason's Jiggs is actually pretty good

Grim get better become the Australian champ beat M2K and get Jiggs to rise to top tier to troll melee players.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
In melee it's basically
Fox should never approach Jiggs, ever
In brawl it's basically
Fox should never have to approach Jiggs, ever

Azernus

Smash Apprentice
so melee: bait, brawl: camp?

what do YOU guys think the melee MU is? cuz sites say "x:y" and etc, and i dont main either, but they both seem to have very viable set ups and camping. do playstyles matter? i.e do you HAVE to play defnsive fox to beat jiggs?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Melee is...

BATTLEFIELD: 55:45
FINAL DESTINATION: 55:45
DREAMLAND: 50:50
YOSHI'S STORY: 55:45
FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS: 55:45
KONGO JUNGLE: 45:55
BRINSTAR: 40:60
RAINBOW RIDE: 50:50

Defensive Fox does better against Jigglypuff than an offensive one in Melee, but you don't have to be defensive.

Brawl is like... 60:40 Puff's favour if there is no ledge-grab limit, 50:50 if there is.

Both characters play defensive in this MU, like with every Brawl MU.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yea kinda, except in brawl never lose the lead lol
In melee it's basically slightly in Fox's favour (6:4-ish, slightly more even in PAL, which is what we have)
And a defensive fox is much more reliable against Jiggs, she thrives on punishing your approaches and stuff.
Don't listen to Grim he doesn't main Fox :p

And Grim....
Wut
Brawl is like
70-30 fox
What are you smoking Grim, Jiggs isn't good

Splice

Smash Hero
As a former Puff-main (for like a month) and a now Pocket puff
Who regularly plays a pocket fox (in Brawl)

I can tell you

Fox is actually the best character in this game
I can't beat him.

I'm not even joking

Unless I plank with MK (60% success rate) or use Pikachu (90% success rate) it just seems impossible.
He thrashes Game and Watch and DK. What can I do?

WELL ACTUALLY THEN I USE PUFF.
And that's when I win.
My Thesis?
Jigglypuff has 80:20 on Fox in Brawl or something. Whatever MU GaW is supposed to have on FOX (60:40 GaWs favour? yeah right) well w/e thats supposed to be, Jiggs has that but TWICE as good.

So id say Jiggs beats Fox and Grim is right.

Azernus

Smash Apprentice
was wondering about rest. but how easy it to rest fox? he dosent exactly have the largest of hit boxes, and he IS the fastest character in game. or is that just something that comes with a good jiggs player?

(im the kinda kid who saw 2, maybe 3 succesful rests in his whole time playing smash pre-brawl, and that provoked a thought process that went soemthign like "down+b has a 1% chance to **** you up")

EDIT: ref to melee btw. fox/jiggs is 2nd rate in brawl and ive been told to stay away from lower teirs T_T

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
/splicelogic

Easy to rest Fox because of combos into it. Fox's falling speed makes it easy to miss techs, so jab reset > rest is relatively common. His speed also makes it easy to make mistakes like missing L-Cancels, so rest out of shield is sometimes used. Then you have uthrow > rest and utilt > rest.

Jigglypuff is not second rate at all. Ignore the tier list, she's C Tier.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
was wondering about rest. but how easy it to rest fox? he dosent exactly have the largest of hit boxes, and he IS the fastest character in game. or is that just something that comes with a good jiggs player?
You generally combo into it. (with up-throw if they don't DI or something)
Rest OoS (jump OoS to rest)can work in rare situations though.

Edit: You can SDI jab resets to rest so I wouldn't really say that's legit because it's so telegraphed but melee Pros still get hit by it so idk lol...

Azernus

Smash Apprentice
oh so jiggz can chain. okie :D

can jiggs kill fox at low % with throw combos and jab resets + rest? if so what %?

oh and i mean 2nd rate as in both lower teir. hell what am i even talking about? i dont care about teirs, i main zelda x_x

Splice

Smash Hero
In Melee a good jiggs will probs land a rest every match. Especiialy against Fox.
Definitely should be a rest every match, and if the Fox isnt experienced the Jiggs can get lots of free rests, like Uthrow as Ghostbone mentioned.

Fox is one of the easiest to rest. Especially so coz he is a spacey.

Jiggs kills fox with wall of pain at low percents aka gimps offstage, and with rest.

@Grim: do you reckon jiggs is top or bottom of C? I definitely agree she is in C.

Azernus

Smash Apprentice
nah i just find fox/jiggs melee MU interesting, because they're both kind of techical characters.

sheik is just combo **** until you can land a reliable Fair or easy ledge gimp

Top Bottom