• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Brawl Power Rankings v6.0 - UPDATE (7/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Smash Hero
What does MK need to do against ZSS while were discussing how to beat her. I remember Apollo gave me some tips for it but im still waiting for the MK boards to do a matchup thread.
You want to pressure her shield on the ground. Since she has no grab, the ZSS player needs superhuman reaction times or prediction to beat ftilt and dtilt mixups. Use this to get her offstage and/or in the air. Once she's above you, have your way with her, her options directly below her are incredibly limited.

Use tornado intelligently. If you do it too close to the ground and start from too far away, she can downsmash or grab you. If you do it too far off the ground, she can crouch underneath it.

Gimp her when she's off stage. Simple as that. Not going to help you out with that one since that's basically what makes this matchup even and not ZSS favour. :p

Edit: ZSS is a whòre who likes to be on bottom..
No fuggin' way. Trust me, I know. :0

SethT

Smash Ace
You want to pressure her shield on the ground. Since she has no grab, the ZSS player needs superhuman reaction times or prediction to beat ftilt and dtilt mixups. Use this to get her offstage and/or in the air. Once she's above you, have your way with her, her options directly below her are incredibly limited.

Use tornado intelligently. If you do it too close to the ground and start from too far away, she can downsmash or grab you. If you do it too far off the ground, she can crouch underneath it.

Gimp her when she's off stage. Simple as that. Not going to help you out with that one since that's basically what makes this matchup even and not ZSS favour. :p
Thank you, tis very much appreciated :3

Eagle

Smash Lord
I don't suppose the mini-meet has inspired Ant and DJB to get back into smash? Because it would be great if they did. Plus we have the newcomer Ghost who is already really good, so it would knock off a few of the.. eh.. people on the PR list.

What I mean is, Rasberry? Like, I'm pretty sure he only ever just plays SSB for fun and isn't into the competitive scene at all.

If Shadowman is who I think it is, I met him at my first ever tournament which was Reloaded '09 I think. And I have never seen Shadowman since. Did he start going to SG when I stopped?

Then there's Bluebomber, he's good and I guess if he is still going to SG then that's fine. I just haven't spoken to him for awhile, since I haven't been going.

And Hybrid.. doesn't he like, not live here anymore? I don't really know.

Anyway, if Ant, DJB and Ghost are added to the list I think we'd have a pretty good representation of the good smashers of SA. I'm not sure when the next revision thing is though.

zApollo

Smash Ace
There is absolutely no way mk vs ZSS is even, not even close man.

Deagle, the PR will become a better representation of the top SA players in time :)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
He probably will show up to one at some stage.
He did with the last Reloaded, anyway.
Even though he left before singles started.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Haven't heard anything from Ghost in awhile.

I hope Nova didn't scare him off with his sexual advances.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol @ that line appearing despite the spoiler tag.
That's how desperate it is to come out again, no font size johns.
***** Zero_.

Ant1

Smash Ace
lol Ant hates Smash, Dan practically had to extort a few games out of him the other day.
Actually i owed him that for him driving me to jb.
I don't hate smash, I'm just bored of it, i randomly get interested in playing games all the time, its only a matter of time be4 i get interested in smash again.

Like a while ago i only played HoN like 4-5 times in a month, now i'm playin it everyday.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Haven't heard anything from Ghost in awhile.

I hope Nova didn't scare him off with his sexual advances.
lol naa I'm here, just been having heaps of homework though :/
Oh and I imagine Shuttle loop OoS would be pretty effective against ZSS?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Meh, shielding is still effective at close range....her grab is (barely) able to be dodged on reaction (16 frames IIRC?), and she has poor shield pressure in general.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Way to kill the topic Underscore.
Underscore skilled the video car!
nfi.

On topic, Ghost, if I were to rank the entire PR, now, by myself you'd be like 4-5.
Which is funnnnneh. <3

Eagle

Smash Lord
Plus Ghost has his friend who claims to be of similar skill level so he may get on the PR too. :)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I have a Kirby/Pikachu main friend who might be coming to n00bvember.

He's not a total thunder/rock-spamming n00b, but he isn't that great either. I'd love if one of you guys with experience with the characters could show him some things and just be overall welcoming to him, I'd hate to discourage him when I've tried for ages to get him to play competitively xD

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I have a Kirby/Pikachu main friend who might be coming to n00bvember.

He's not a total thunder/rock-spamming n00b, but he isn't that great either. I'd love if one of you guys with experience with the characters could show him some things and just be overall welcoming to him, I'd hate to discourage him when I've tried for ages to get him to play competitively xD
I know some of Pikachu's tricks (such as QAC and his chaingrabs) and can play him relatively well, so I could help him with that.
I completely fail with kirby though D: only use him for the lulz with Captain Falcon.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Why cant you go, Apollo?
Exaaaaaams, but perhaps I could just study on a friday night. I never study on a friday night.

Bio was awesome, and yeah maths tomorrow/friday but the IB timetable is completely different to SACE. What else do you have Eagle?

EDIT: I still have 12 exams left ;.;

Eagle

Smash Lord
Holy ****! 12! I thought 4 was bad. I have one more exam after the tournament, but its a bit under a week later so it should be fine.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol Apollo.
12 exams is horrific, I never had that many and I could of gone into law school. Jebus. O_o

I know all of Kirby's tricks since I hate him so much.
Trick 1: Save his retardly brokan F-smash, srs,

Zxv

Smash Lord
Trick 2: ALL his tilts are AMAZING.
Trick 3: You can crouch under some attacks like Snake's grab.
Trick 4: Spam crouch inbetween stocks. Cutest sound evaaa~~~~~~~

Eagle

Smash Lord
It would be nice if DJB and Ant came back. Plus, I'm planning on getting my little brothers back into it (jWolf and Roly), jWolf is pretty decent and back when he was a regular with me he would have been placed above Hybrid.

Plus, with the addition of Ghost and Luneth, that's now 6 new additions to the list.

Because right I feel like we have 2 'free spots' on our list because of Shadowman and Rasberry.. I don't think Shadowman plays and Rasberry just plays for fun and doesn't go on any competitive boards.

So when the list gets reviewed there will be good players not on the list, making it a lot more competitive.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Ant might, I dunno about DJB. He's a lot more casual I think.
At least I got that impression last time I saw him.

Ant is competative but doesn't care.
If that makes sense.
And I'm gonna start using Pikachu as well. I decided.
Since nobody really mains him in Aus (Tibs yours is awful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom