• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Safara's Plethora of Plushies - Tempe Arizona - Dec 19th (POOLS)

Darklink (Chris) and Safara Hefta Present

"Safara's Plethora of Plushies"

FEATURING

More than 35 plushies to possibly win, top 5 in both regular events and top 3 in BOTH random singles and doubles events (both random events are free BTW)

EVENTS INCLUDE MANY PRIZES IN ADDITION TO THE POT

BRAWL SINGLES: TOP 5 PLACINGS GET A POKEMON PLUSHIE
BRAWL DOUBLES: TOP 5 TEAMS GET 2 POKEMON PLUSHIES EACH
MELEE SINGLES: TOP 5 GET A POKEMON PLUSHIE
RANDOM SINGLES (FREE ENTRY FEE): TOP 3 WIN PLUSHIES
RANDOM DOUBLES (FREE ENTRY FEE): TOP 3 TEAMS WIN 2 PLUSHIES EACH

PRIZES INCLUDE
17 meowths (Various sizes)
11 Poliwhirls (Various Sizes)
11 Mewtwos
5 squirtles
3 oddish
1 golbat
1 eevee
2 togepi
1 psyduck
2 chimchar
1 mime jr
1 chatot
1 gyarados
about 10 diff pikachus
and more

DATE

Dec 19th READ THIS CAREFULLY

REGISTRATION: 11:15 pm (BE HERE by 11:45 at the latest) I'm being strict on starting on time

BRAWL DOUBLES BRACKET (MAYBE POOLS): 12 pm
BRAWL RANDOM SINGLES: 12:30 pm

MELEE SINGLES: 2 pm

BRAWL SINGLES POOLS AND BRACKET: 3:30 pm
BRAWL RANDOM DOUBLES: 5 pm

Yan's and My Place
2131 E. 10th St #2
Tempe, AZ 85281

Please don't use a GPS navigation system (or Google Maps or Mapquest) to get to my address. It'll route you through a permanently closed gate.

From ASU: go east on University, turn right just before you get to Price Rd/101 (into the Jack in the Box plaza). The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back gate. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

From the 101: take the University exit and turn west. Turn left immediately into the Jack in the Box plaza. The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

Parking: Most of the parking are assigned spaces to residents, but there are a bunch of visitor spots around the complex. Here is a map of them. Pretty much any space marked "Visitor" (usually with a yellow curb) is fair game, as are any of the spots by the pool.

By Orbit: Take the Orbit Mercury line to Escalante Center (it picks up around College & 6th at ASU, I think). Head east a tiny bit and you'll see a gate closing off a condo complex to your left. There is a human-sized door in the left part of the gate that's usually open. If it's closed, give me a call

FEES

10 Dollar Brawl Singles Entry Fee
20 Dollar Brawl Doubles Entry Fee (10 Each)
3-5 Dollar Melee Singles Entry Fee
FREE RANDOM SINGLES ENTRY FEE
FREE RANDOM DOUBLES ENTRY FEE

POT SPLITS

SINGLES
1st: 60% PLUSHIE
2nd: 30 PLUSHIE
3rd: 10 PLUSHIE
4th: PLUSHIE
5th: PLUSHIE

DOUBLES
1st: 60% 2 PLUSHIES
2nd: 30 2 PLUSHIES
3rd: 10 2 PLUSHIES
4th: 2 PLUSHIES
5th: 2 PLUSHIES

GENERAL RULES
* BYOC
* 3-stock
* 8-minute timer
* Double elimination
* Items are set to "Off" and "None"
* All sets will be determined in Best of 3 matches; Best of 5 will be used to determine the victor in Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* Double Blind picks can be called on the first match.
* Stage strikes are in effect in doubles, singles pools, and singles
*DSR is in effect in this tourney unless both players agree to revisit a previous stage.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
* All matches concluded by a suicide kill are determined by percent (including Kirby-ciding, DDD-ciding, Bowser-ciding).
* All standing infinites are banned from the tournament (DDD standing infinite, Marth on Ness, etc)
* Ice Climbers infinite is limited up to 200%.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* stalling is banned as is Planking (45 ledgegrab rule)
* Metaknight is NOT banned
* Players who use wii-motes are asked to take care of their own equipment as there are NO spare batteries provided in the tournament.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* If one player asks not to play on a hacked wii, then the match can be moved elsewhere.
* Losers/Winners/Grand Finals matches will be recorded and can’t be avoided. Losers semis, winners semis, etc. though can be.
* Players who don’t wish to play on Live Stream can request so up until finals.
*All Problems brought to the attention of the T.O's will be decided upon by the TO's and all TO decisions are FINAL
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port
* Color Blind Rule is in effect for teams.
* Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

STAGES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
NEUTRAL
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Lylat Cruise
* Yoshi's Island

COUNTERPICK
* Brinstar
* Castle Siege
* Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes
* Luigi's Mansion
* Rainbow Cruise
* Delfino
* Pokemon Stadium
* Pictochat

STAGE STRIKING IS IN EFFECT AND BOTH PLAYERS MAY BAN ONE STAGE

CONTACT

Chris- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, KEEP AN EYE ON THE THREAD

PLEASE BRING SETUPS
WII+BRAWL
1. Venue
2. Venue
3. Venue
4. Venue

TV
1. Venue
2. Venue
3. Venue

Reserved for TO

SCREW SCHOOL!!

Safara is so nice for doing this, she is making the tournament way fun. These plushies are worth a lot so please thank her!

And we're going to need a ton of setups to get this running on time, everyone please help

Saffy

Smash Ace
:D<3
KYLE AND TOMMY YOU SHOULD COME :D
Also I need a partners for doubles :3 Anyone want to? Duffy?.. Kyle?? Tommy?? ANYONE XD

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i should be coming to this

maybe you should make melee $3 so more people enter

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I hope i dont get kiked out of the house. duffy i seriously might not be able to control myself.
Random doubles and singles should be 3 bucks!

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
And hey, fair warning guys, I'm really starting to get my groove back. >:3
Thank you Speeds for loaning me your spare controler. *thumbs up*

I hope I'll do better this week

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Uhmm...For a little bit of practice, would anyone team with me? I may not be much, but I think I really need practice in this area ^^;
I'd enter the tournament, but I'll need money for food later on and such...

EDIT: and...why the hell isn't my signature showing!? I've been clicking on the "Shoe Sig." thing, but nothing
...nevermind...

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
I mentioned this before, but I am making this clear. I can't make this event on account I have another event I am attending that day all day, but I will say good luck too all and I do wish I could come... But you should know I have planned this previous event for a while.. I just almost forgot about it lol.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Cool, I'll just excercise my honeyed words and convince THE MAN to give me the day off

Kyle, ride?

@BlackChrimson: ur post needs to be a certain size to show some larger sigs

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Praise Thor the Thunder God I have this day off work. :3 Saffy, we can team again if you want, pretty sure Justin is gonna team with Chris. So I'm totally down. ;3

Also, Snubbull !!!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
And hey, fair warning guys, I'm really starting to get my groove back. >:3
Thank you Speeds for loaning me your spare controler. *thumbs up*

I hope I'll do better this week
my name isnt speeds

Lack of Mew, Celebi, or Jirachi plushies makes this event a huge failure.
i don't know how serious you're being, but really, eat a **** if you really mean that to any real degree

Gah777

Smash Lord
I am so here! Thanks Saffy <3

Quick question though: are the plushies replacing the money payout? (not that plushies aren't just as good, just curious)

Edit: AXE, since you're coming to this one you have to help me out with my toon link. Oh and Kyle, you better make it to this one, I want my rematch XD

Gah777

Smash Lord
Well I heard you played Toon Link, so i figured i talk so someone who played him instead of talking to someone who didn't play him. Makes sense, right? lol

Hey Chris! Where's Norfair on that list of counterpicks, huh?

no the plushies are in addition to the pot payout

but 4th and 5th place for most events still get a plushie
and pools ****.

no norfair this time lol
Hades didn't team with me in NM so he doesn't get it haha

hadesblade

Smash Lord

and pools ****.

no norfair this time lol
It's not my fault you lost to a ganon in a mm T_T.

Gah777

Smash Lord

and pools ****.
Oh okay, thats even better!

no norfair this time lol
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

If you're not gonna put it in for Hades then put it in for my sake! lol jk you can leave it out this time. Looks like i'll have to find another counterpick stage for when someone bans Battlefield (which they most likely will unless they play metaknight)

Saffy

Smash Ace
No Not top 3 in singles! These are for the big ones
Actually no to make this fair it'll be by random choice , Everyone who pays for an entry fee will be put into a list, and everyone will get numbered and I will use a random number generator and the first 3 numbers picked will receive them ;3. Because it's not fair for people who can't win like me.. so only the best get stuff?
Basically the bigs ones are of Pikachu, Charmander & DK? (He has a hole though but could be fixed).

BUT I was thinking this instead...
Maybe for like first place I'll make some sort of pokemon basket for winners in the singles part and then mini basket things for the doubles winners or something! Just an idea, I need your input though because if I'm doing this I have to make them before Thursday

Saffy

Smash Ace
Oh also...
Tommy or bloodhawk or anyone who wants to Im up for teaming :D
I'm gonna use mk soo yeah~ :3 This time im more prepared for chris/justin if they are teaming soo yayyyy, Also chris dont ban Frigate :p

Oh also i was thinking for the winners, since there will be like 3 first , 3 second, etcc..
How will we know who gets to choose first?
Should it be like Rock paper scissors to eliminate? or should like they guess a number between 1-50 and the closest goes first, etc..
Cause I don't think it's fair if we let them pick first like right after they win because of what time the events are being run

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
Lack of Mew, Celebi, or Jirachi plushies makes this event a huge failure.
only good plushies lol in other words no one likes Mew, Jirachi, Or Celebi plushies. :p Im messin don't take too much offense, but I really wish I could come, because a Raichu or Venusaur Plushie would be so fing dope.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Hey Saffy, how long did it take for you to collect all these plushies?

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
OOO, OOO, Saffy!:

Would you happen to have an Electrode plushie?!?

And as far as which 1st place gets what, make sure first that the winners don't already want different ones, easy.

Otherwise, I do believe an IHop pancake eating contest will settle matters...:p

cruzer1234

Smash Rookie
holy crap.

I might actually make this one.

Good thing u posted on the other tourney on jan 2 or i would have never seen this. thanks.

Ill try to make it.

Top Bottom