• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Safara's Plethora of Plushies - Tempe Arizona - Dec 19th (POOLS)

Saffy

Smash Ace
Chris I don't get you!! am i doing the number thing for the big ones or not?
But Since I will have extras, I might do that number generator Idea for the leftovers... cause yeah lol! But chris if thats a yes to the baskets then I will get them sorted alright? :D

Jane

Smash Hero
Lack of Mew, Celebi, or Jirachi plushies makes this event a huge failure.
hahahahahahaha xD

Only been collecting since August ..... >_>

WTF? you have ALL THOSE PLUSHIES, and you've only been collecting since AUGUST?!?

1. how did you get the money for all of those
2. how did you get so many so fast
3. only since AUGUST?!?
4. AUGUST?!?!?

anyways, unfortunately i won't be making this as i will be in mexico getting drunk at a quinceañera. ):

next time fosho

Saffy

Smash Ace
hahahahahahaha xD

WTF? you have ALL THOSE PLUSHIES, and you've only been collecting since AUGUST?!?

1. how did you get the money for all of those
2. how did you get so many so fast
3. only since AUGUST?!?
4. AUGUST?!?!?

1) Saved up
2) Well I bought 300 off one lady soo ;/
3) Yes.
4) YES.

I just bought this little guy today.. I <3 it! Won't get him till next week

Jane

Smash Hero
OMFG THAT ARCANINE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

i hate how you cant type in all caps without writing something not in caps >;/

Gah777

Smash Lord
Darklink (Chris) and Safara Hefta Present

"Safara's Plethora of Plushies"

FEATURING

More than 35 plushies to possibly win, top 5 in both regular events and top 3 in BOTH random singles and doubles events (both random events are free BTW)

EVENTS INCLUDE MANY PRIZES IN ADDITION TO THE POT

BRAWL SINGLES: TOP 5 PLACINGS GET A POKEMON PLUSHIE
BRAWL DOUBLES: TOP 5 TEAMS GET 2 POKEMON PLUSHIES EACH
MELEE SINGLES: TOP 5 GET A POKEMON PLUSHIE
RANDOM SINGLES (FREE ENTRY FEE): TOP 3 WIN PLUSHIES
RANDOM DOUBLES (FREE ENTRY FEE): TOP 3 TEAMS WIN 2 PLUSHIES EACH

PRIZES INCLUDE
17 meowths (Various sizes)
11 Poliwhirls (Various Sizes)
11 Mewtwos
5 squirtles
3 oddish
1 golbat
1 eevee
2 togepi
1 psyduck
2 chimchar
1 mime jr
1 chatot
1 gyarados
about 10 diff pikachus
and more

DATE

Dec 19th READ THIS CAREFULLY

FRIENDLIES: 11 pm

BRAWL DOUBLES BRACKET: 1 pm
BRAWL RANDOM SINGLES: 1 pm

MELEE SINGLES: 3 pm

BRAWL SINGLES POOLS AND BRACKET: 4pm
BRAWL RANDOM DOUBLES: 5:30pm

Yan's and My Place
2131 E. 10th St #2
Tempe, AZ 85281

Please don't use a GPS navigation system (or Google Maps or Mapquest) to get to my address. It'll route you through a permanently closed gate.

From ASU: go east on University, turn right just before you get to Price Rd/101 (into the Jack in the Box plaza). The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back gate. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

From the 101: take the University exit and turn west. Turn left immediately into the Jack in the Box plaza. The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

Parking: Most of the parking are assigned spaces to residents, but there are a bunch of visitor spots around the complex. Here is a map of them. Pretty much any space marked "Visitor" (usually with a yellow curb) is fair game, as are any of the spots by the pool.

By Orbit: Take the Orbit Mercury line to Escalante Center (it picks up around College & 6th at ASU, I think). Head east a tiny bit and you'll see a gate closing off a condo complex to your left. There is a human-sized door in the left part of the gate that's usually open. If it's closed, give me a call try fitting through the bars right next to the door.

FEES

10 Dollar Brawl Singles Entry Fee
20 Dollar Brawl Doubles Entry Fee (10 Each)
5 Dollar Melee Singles Entry Fee
FREE RANDOM SINGLES ENTRY FEE
FREE RANDOM DOUBLES ENTRY FEE

POT SPLITS

SINGLES
1st: 60% PLUSHIE
2nd: 30 PLUSHIE
3rd: 10 PLUSHIE
4th: PLUSHIE
5th: PLUSHIE

DOUBLES
1st: 60% 2 PLUSHIES
2nd: 30 2 PLUSHIES
3rd: 10 2 PLUSHIES
4th: 2 PLUSHIES
5th: 2 PLUSHIES

GENERAL RULES
* BYOC
* 3-stock
* 8-minute timer
* Double elimination
* Items are set to "Off" and "None"
* All sets will be determined in Best of 3 matches; Best of 5 will be used to determine the victor in Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* Double Blind picks can be called on the first match.
* Stage strikes are in effect in doubles, singles pools, and singles
*DSR is in effect in this tourney unless both players agree to revisit a previous stage.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
* All matches concluded by a suicide kill are determined by percent (including Kirby-ciding, DDD-ciding, Bowser-ciding).
* All standing infinites are banned from the tournament (DDD standing infinite, Marth on Ness, etc)
* Ice Climbers infinite is limited up to 200%.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* stalling is banned as is Planking (45 ledgegrab rule)
* Metaknight is NOT banned
* Players who use wii-motes are asked to take care of their own equipment as there are NO spare batteries provided in the tournament.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* If one player asks not to play on a hacked wii, then the match can be moved elsewhere.
* Losers/Winners/Grand Finals matches will be recorded and can’t be avoided. Losers semis, winners semis, etc. though can be.
* Players who don’t wish to play on Live Stream can request so up until finals.
*All Problems brought to the attention of the T.O's will be decided upon by the TO's and all TO decisions are FINAL
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port
* Color Blind Rule is in effect for teams.
* Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

STAGES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
NEUTRAL
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Lylat Cruise
* Yoshi's Island

COUNTERPICK
* Brinstar
* Castle Siege
* Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes
* Luigi's Mansion
* Rainbow Cruise
* Delfino
* Pokemon Stadium
* Pictochat
* NORFAIR

STAGE STRIKING IS IN EFFECT AND BOTH PLAYERS MAY BAN ONE STAGE (EXCEPT NORFAIR)

CONTACT

Chris- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, KEEP AN EYE ON THE THREAD

PLEASE BRING SETUPS
WII+BRAWL
1. Venue
2. Venue

TV
1. Venue
2. Venue
3. Venue
Hey guys look, Norfair just got added to the list of counterpick stages! AND it's un banable!

Saffy

Smash Ace
i have a giant DK? A TL, thats it lol =[ I also have a Roxas Kingdom Hearts plushie. I don't think I'm bringing the bigs one though I possibly will bring the big DK for like just the winners of random singles :D

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, if anyone wants to, I'll mm anyone not top 4 on PR in reguler/random and anyone in low tiers. :p 1-10 dollars :p

And I'll 10 cent mm anyone in melee 3/5 if you have change lol. (need that srs bsns mm practice :p)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Hades: i'll MM you in brawl for 1 dollar if you MM me in melee for 1 dollar =) lol

also if you want, since i'm moving up there, i can help you train in melee =D

oh snaps i really want that roxas plushie lol. i've been spending like the past month playing kingdom hearts 358/2 days, and it's AMAZING

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Hades: i'll MM you in brawl for 1 dollar if you MM me in melee for 1 dollar =) lol

also if you want, since i'm moving up there, i can help you train in melee =D

oh snaps i really want that roxas plushie lol. i've been spending like the past month playing kingdom hearts 358/2 days, and it's AMAZING
the odds of you beating me in brawl are so much higher than me beating you in melee though xD, but sure :p.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'll keep you posted.

I'll have to talk with Justin. I was originally going to team with him, but with Wobbles coming back, Justin is going to team with him and that doesn't bode well for our partnership. I want a steady partner to grow and learn with. Therefore, I don't see a problem in teaming with you. I'll get back to you on it as soon as I hear from him. Pretty sure we are a go though.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Just a warning. Doubles pools takes forever and a half, but you probably could do them. Just be weary that it'll run late. Especially if you don't have a lot of set ups.

We seeded into a 16 team bracket from pools at one of the many tourneys I hostest back in Midwest and it took ages to even get to the bracket and even longer to get through the bracket. At the future events, we just did singles pools and straight up bracket for doubles. You can try to give it a go if you want, but like I said, might take a while if you aren't on people to play matches or have a lot of set ups so multiple teams can go at a time. Since we have a small number of teams though, it will probably work out for the better.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I can't stay past 8 or 9... >_> DONT MAKE IT LONG
When I leave the plushies come with me... so yep D:

Also
Everyone who possibly can, please bring setups, or else we will take so long that safara will leave before we finish :O

We have 5 televisions here and 2 wii's. So we need 3 more Wii's with brawl.
And in addition to that we need 5 more TV's and 3 Melee Setups and 2 more Brawl Setup

for a total of 7 brawl setups and 3 melee setups (Less melee setups because of more needed for all the side tournaments, and Melee is way faster anyway :p)

Top Bottom