• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sagemoon Tourney Matches

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Little dump of Deva videos - I recorded him not nearly as much as I wanted to at the latest Gameclucks tournament - which was probably the most exciting one yet!

Anyways enough of that - here are the vids

DOUBLES GRAND FINALS!
Sagemoon (Pit) Jem (Metaknight) vs Chip (Toon Link) Deva (Link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKYozId7qQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBxX_5uagl8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0iEyNMkkNg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVR1ut9KsKY

Sagemoon (Pit) v Valdens (GW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q64LyW8vMfc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRdgOmlTdGw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S76bNqFL544

subscribe/rate/comment - keep an eye out for the latest tourney videos on my channel - should have ones up from our next tournament with commentary shortly after the event ;P

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As far as the Doubles go, I like both teams, but still leaned to Sage more considering how I'm one of the Pits, but with all respect to both Links and their teamwork, and Chip's endurance when he was alone those other matches.

I lost all respect for the Singles however. The G&W was spamming B-airs and Smashes in certain spots.
I still say Sagemoon is better because not only did he hold his own against one of Pit's most worst matchups for a while (as well as us being both Pit mainers I would cheer Pit on), but he doesn't rely on tiers for a win. You can tell I'm mad, yes?
I can't stand to see my idle lose like this... It's as if my heart has split into 2 pieces after seeing this.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
The only person you can give out to is sagemoon for losing.The g&w did what he had to do to win.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
lol @ your opinion of the match vs valdens

that game and watch is one of the best there is - he was playing the matchup how it is meant to be played which is exactly why its such a horrid matchup - his pit does ludicrously well considering the matchup

don't be silly - it's a tournament setting not a 'make everyone feel warm and fuzzy' festival - play to win.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The other fact that G&W is a top tier doesn't pretty much make me comfortable, but regardless, I want to see Sage win at least one tourney with his sweet blue Pit, that's all I ask, escpecially when you look at him as your idol, like me.
Pit's not goin to be down on that lame tier list forever... For my sake I'd rather say "Tiers don Exist" and restrain myself from going off. I'll probably get over it after a day or 2... maybe.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
or maybe you're opinion of high level gaming is just ludicrous

tiers and matchups (moreso matchups - but tiers are related to that) impact high level play DRAMATICALLY

rinoH

Smash Lord
man sage did prtty well against Valdens used lots of fairs out of WoI too good Valdens is too good and great team matches Deva= Link God
Oh and tnx for uploading them Gimpy

MrEh

Smash Hero
Great matches Gimpy. Well played by both players.

I lost all respect for the Singles however. The G&W was spamming B-airs and Smashes in certain spots.
You sound like spamming the Turtle is bad thing. If he's not using the Turtle, then he's doing it wrong. :p

but he doesn't rely on tiers for a win.
And you think Valdens does? >>

Pit's not goin to be down on that lame tier list forever... For my sake I'd rather say "Tiers don Exist" and restrain myself from going off. I'll probably get over it after a day or 2... maybe.
Characters go down on tier lists for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's due to lack of representation, but most of the time it's due to the one thing that people never want to hear. Their character just isn't a good as people once thought.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Gimpy I have my set vs brianthelion and uchiha on replay files (I was on my wii with a infinite replay hack) As soon as i can find a person to capture it, I have all my singles except vs emo$ and chip on there.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Characters go down on tier lists for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's due to lack of representation, but most of the time it's due to the one thing that people never want to hear. Their character just isn't a good as people once thought.
MrEh, i usually somewhat agree with you, but in Pit's case i strongly feel like he is better than many characters above him on the tier list (toon link). He just takes a special kind of clever mind to play effectively, and not everybody has it.

BentoBox

Smash Master
MrEh, i usually somewhat agree with you, but in Pit's case i strongly feel like he is better than many characters above him on the tier list (toon link). He just takes a special kind of clever mind to play effectively, and not everybody has it.
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44

I'm sure you'll get over it.

lkyx3

Smash Rookie
very well played on both parts.
sagemoon is a very impressive pit player.

Twin_Scimitar

Smash Cadet
The way you use the wings to change the timing of your aerials is awesome sagemoon. I can't believe you can do so well against G&W, that's one of the few matches I counter pick. Valdens is really good as well.

Impressive by both players, thx for the upload gimpy.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Excellent matches! Some of the wing stuff was really excellent even though it was a little predictable especially in the 2nd and 3rd gaw matches. Loved the first Gaw match and the last two doubles.

Villi

Smash Lord
I like Sagemoon's Pit, but is there something I'm missing about that WoI stall? I was waiting for G&W to do something to take advantage of it, but he only tried once or twice the last match.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion

in pits case its a little of bolth imo
lack of representation was definately a cause in this
everyone thought he was godly at games release but ppl found ways to beat him

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
I like Sagemoon's Pit, but is there something I'm missing about that WoI stall? I was waiting for G&W to do something to take advantage of it, but he only tried once or twice the last match.
WoI pushes foes away, so jumping into it to attack could turn out badly if you're pushed just out of your attack range. As well, hit Pit in the very first few opening frames and he will have wings back, so it won't be as big of a big deal to get hit, though you still take the damage.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Have to agree with MrEh and Gimpyfish. Pit's not that great a character. I feel he's currently lower than he should be due to under-representation, but he did need to drop. Just bc a player is extremely good with a character doesn't mean that character is good *cough* Gimpyfish with Bowser *cough*.

Sagemoon just has a very unique and intelligent playstyle.

EDIT
Sagemoon I thought you said you were gonna pick up Diddy for G&W. What happened?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Its true that Pit isnt a very good character and I understand that hes D tier due to Lack of tournament representation but if you look at Ankou's Character ranking it says that is not a Tier List. SBR should have enough intelligences in the game to put together and accurate list of how good the characters are in order without mainly looking at tournament results. They should obviously see Pit isnt a D character like they bluntly seen metaknight is the best.

On topic.
Nice Wing trixies Saigee >_>. L2 PG yet?

madival

Smash Cadet
The only complaint I could say I see with sagemoons pit is that he does alot of excess things. Lots of wingdashes that really doesn't seem to have a point. Other then that His pit is top notch in every aspect.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Its true that Pit isnt a very good character and I understand that hes D tier due to Lack of tournament representation but if you look at Ankou's Character ranking it says that is not a Tier List.

That's pretty much it.

If the tier list was based on that, then Bowser would be worse then Falcon. ^^

sagemoon

Smash Lord
The only complaint I could say I see with sagemoons pit is that he does alot of excess things. Lots of wingdashes that really doesn't seem to have a point. Other then that His pit is top notch in every aspect.
All of them have a point except for maybe the ones between stocks. I dont just go "hey i feel like wingdashing" I look for spacing options or use it to throw off my opponent so i don't get predictable. Its hard to see the mental battle between the opponents through a vid, but all the "excess things" have a meaning, and most the time it was to keep pressure on

cutter

Smash Champion
Why are people complaining about how Valdens was playing against sagemoon? GW is supposed to Bair liberally against Pit and use his brute force smashes here and there. He does not have many options to stop it other than something like Down B to reflect the turtle or SDIing out and punishing because of Bair's low hitstun.

You have to give sagemoon credit though; GW utterly decimates Pit and he made the set pretty close.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I've been saying that Valdens was good since my first post in this topic. ^^

I like his Gdub, people are just upset that Pit lost. I understand that we always want our own character to do well, but let's get serious here. I'm not going to cry people a river every time Dedede beats Bowser.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I've been saying that Valdens was good since my first post in this topic. ^^

I like his Gdub, people are just upset that Pit lost. I understand that we always want our own character to do well, but let's get serious here. I'm not going to cry people a river every time Dedede beats Bowser.
Lol poor Bowser. I like Valdens as a player. Don't actually know the guy but if you look at alot of his vids, you can seriously watch his progress as a player. He's gotten significantly better since the first vid I saw of him.

Sagemoon if you want to win the mental battle using wingdashing, just scream "MINDGAMEZZ!!" everytime you do it. It's super effective XD

Top Bottom