• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai at GDC

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
GDC wont have new info IMO unless its like DLC or dare i say another lol

Lithos

Smash Cadet
I think I heard a while back that it would be about the development of Brawl or some such.
Yeah I remember hearing that. Maybe we can expect a bit more in-depth version of what he told us in Iwata Asks?

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Yeah, his speech is going to specifically be about Brawl.
Hopefully he announces DLC

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
It's a post-mortem about Brawl. He will be discussing what it was like to collaborate among so many companies and their properties to create this game. I'm really interested in hearing about it, but it probably won't get any coverage by press. Not sure if they'd even be allowed to cover it. I've heard GDC sells audiotapes of these things so hopefully it's not too expensive. I'd pay to hear it.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Uh. No.
If Wii is next-gen, it should have DLC like the other consoles. And Brawl needs it the most.
Seriously, dude? Brawl is going to be sick, with or without Ridley/Krystal/Issac/Geno/Wavedashing/L-Cancelling/left testicle. DLC would be nice, but you should prepare to at least accept the game without it.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Seriously, dude? Brawl is going to be sick, with or without Ridley/Krystal/Issac/Geno/Wavedashing/L-Cancelling/left testicle. DLC would be nice, but you should prepare to at least accept the game without it.
Who said I thought the game wasn't going to be epic?
Who said I don't accept it as is?

I have a pre-order for this game and I'm counting down the days. Of course I love it.

Doesn't mean DLC is something I don't want, either.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Who said I thought the game wasn't going to be epic?
Who said I don't accept it as is?

I have a pre-order for this game and I'm counting down the days. Of course I love it.

Doesn't mean DLC is something I don't want, either.
Perhaps it was your choice of the word "need" that set me off. I don't need fifty-thousand dollars and a date with Jenna Fischer. I would certainly benefit from said money/ma-lady-play, but I don't need it. Brawl would certainly benefit from DLC, but it absolutely does not need it.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
How about you deal with what you're given?
Zing XD

Honestly, he'll probably just mention that Brawl is out in Japan and the silly Americans don't have it

I'm Canadian and couldn't care bwaha XD :laugh:

Danon

Smash Apprentice
Guys....He's not going to announce anything about DLC or Future releases for the game. It's a post mortem. He's going to DISCUSS it. GDC is a convention that caters to DEVELOPERS not CONSUMERS. This isn't E3.

Sakurai has a lot to talk about, because he has headed one of the biggest "independent" projects in the history of the industry.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Guys....He's not going to announce anything about DLC or Future releases for the game. It's a post mortem. He's going to DISCUSS it. GDC is a convention that caters to DEVELOPERS not CONSUMERS. This isn't E3.
Yet at GDC many games get unveiled and have new videos/information about them present, like LittleBigPlanet was.

It's not just a "lol let's get game developers, sit down, and have tea and crumpets" event.
It's important. If Sakurai's going to discuss Brawl with a speech, there's not much he could address that we don't already know. I'm guessing there will be SOME news, if any.

danio13

Smash Cadet
LOL "tea and crumpets"

Anyways, I hope he reveals something significant at least

SSBDeathfoe

Smash Rookie
I have a friend whose going to GDC because his uncle works as a game developer. I'll ask him to summarize what Sakurai said.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The main point, from what I understand, is how he decided on which characters to keep: how he got to the current roster, who might have been lost along the way, and so forth. I REALLY want to go to it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed without deluding myself too much. :ohwell:

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yet at GDC many games get unveiled and have new videos/information about them present, like LittleBigPlanet was.

It's not just a "lol let's get game developers, sit down, and have tea and crumpets" event.
It's important. If Sakurai's going to discuss Brawl with a speech, there's not much he could address that we don't already know. I'm guessing there will be SOME news, if any.
You're getting the keynote mixed up with the actual GDC conferences/tutorials.

Top Bottom