• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"sakurai" Lies My Friends! A Prophet For A Profit In Attention!!!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Alright, here is a thread dedicated to debunking all character rumors! I've heard so much BS while speculating on Brawl it isn't even funny anymore (at one point it was rather comical). Here is a lits that I'd like people to contribute to so it proves so many people's false claims incorrect. HERE WE GO!:

1) Clones Will NOT be in Brawl: Wrong! Clones have not been de-confirmed, I think it was more of a fan thing. I am not sure if this source was reliable, but I read somewhere that Sakurai commented on clones after the demo of the ever so famours Brawl E3 2006 Trailer. Sakurai states that he was displeased that he put clones in Melee, and that he initially intended for a more original and unique roster (and that he would strive for that to happen in Brawl). What do I think the odds of clones being in Brawl are:

10%Yes
90%No
Why: The game had over 9000 (well 2) years to be developed. Melee had a MUCH shorter time of development (because Nintendo knew the GCN would bomb in sales if it wasn't released close to the console's launch). What we got there was technically a half-***** game.

Sakurai stated that Snake and Lucas (likely along with many more) characters were planned to be in Melee, but it was rushed. They had to include modified versions of other characters to make the game viable for release close to GCN launch. (When I heard Ganondorf was a Falcon clone I LOL'D SO HARD!) I don't see clones in Brawl.

2) Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Sheik and Krystal have been LEEKED!: Let me take on each of these cases individually.

Luigi: A Nintendo rep was stating that Brawl is fun (you know the propoganda speech) and that you can duke it out with many Nintendo characters like Mario, blah, blah, LUIGI, blah... This probably does not confirm Luigi (this Nintendo rep probably has no clue what the Dojo roster even is). Also he was likely stating popular Nintendo characters. Maybe he did know?

Jigglypuff: Jigglypuff was "confirmed" when Snake's voice actor stated something like he enjoyed beating up on Jigs. He was most likely referring to Melee. Also, he was not asked which Brawl character he liked beating up on. He probably hasn't even played Brawl!

Ganondorf/Sheik: Aonuma (Zelda designer I believe) stated that he is working with Sora Ltd. to dvelop models of Link, Sheik and Ganondorf for Brawl. This may confirm that these characters are in, but it does not confirm that they are playable. Melee had many cameo appearances in the forms of trophies, items, Fox's crew, intro video and more.

Krystal: Her voice actor had stated on her website that she is working on a voice for her in Brawl. That was later removed from her site. This possibly confirms an appearance for her in Brawl, but she could have a role like Peppy and Slippy in Melee.

What are the odds of these rumors being true? Who's not really expecting Luigi? Here is my percentage rating for each character:

Luigi: 99.999% playable. Seriously, any doubts here?

Jigglypuff: 99% playable, 1% Other

Ganondorf: 99% playable, 1% Other

Sheik: 90% Playable, 10% AT

Krystal: 70% Playable, 20% Fox's Crew Role, 10% Solely Trophy

3) Brawl will have more of them VILLAINS:

No! Who ever claimed this really wants Wolf, Blach Shadow, K.Rool, Claus e.c.t.

%, 50/50: It all depends on the roster. I think that there will be more villains in Melee simply beause there will be more characters in Brawl (lol).

4) Sword users will be kept to a MINIMUM:

See exactly what I post for the third point.

5) THE CHARACTER ROSTER IS REVEALED!:

This is a general point I'd just like to state. IF YOU DON'T SEE IT IN MULTIPLE VIDEOS (that means MANY different Youtube videos), the Dojo, or any Nintendo event, it is a LIE! The roster will likely be kept confidential till a major gaming source posts it. Sure, someone could potentially have obtained "insider info from an un-disclosed source" like Melee, but I find that un-likely since they want to keep the wraps on Brawl.

Odds the roster has been revealed by a "Prophet" prior to this post: 1%

Suggest more rumors for me to add to this list...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
On Jigglypuff: Hayter had to record a codec convo for every character, so he KNOWS the full roster. And as a side note, in that very same video they show him playing a Brawl demo.
what he said.

Jigglypuff IS confirmed. David said himself he didn't know anything about pokemon, so the only way he could have known was via the codec sequences.

So jiggs is pretty much confirmed.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
well theres multple threads of everyhting.......there was what 15 sonic forums before he was confirmed

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Brawl is delayed again because e-mails sent by Wal-Mart and other game stores said your product will be delayed until March 28, 2008.
Preorder this item today and it should ship on 02/10/2008
Source = http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6527131

Pre-Release
Ships 2/10/08
Source = http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230015

I think it might've just been an error with Wal-Mart, because it's changed now.

Cinder

Smash Master
there are a lot of rumors

A japanese radio station stated that WW link, Bowser Jr. and Ridley were PC in brawl. They also said that young link, Mr G&W and Ice Climbers were out.....considering we got a dojo update ion the ice-climbers it may not be true

story: http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/03/04/smash-bros-brawl-character-confirmations-and-desires/

1-up story: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290
Hate to break it to ya, but that was over a year ago...it's been known as a fake for God only knows how long...

well theres multple threads of everyhting.......there was what 15 sonic forums before he was confirmed
Most of which got closed...

Source = http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6527131

Source = http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230015

I think it might've just been an error with Wal-Mart, because it's changed now.
Thank God :grin:...that would suck...

Anyway, what about that crappy "Falcon was in SE video" rumor? The one I helped debunk...

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
*sigh*...

So, the CF rumor...it was pretty crappy, but if I give the link, will you put it up?
That was more of a "if you have logic, then you know that this thread proves nothing." Apparently too many of our members are delusional.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Yeah, I know...but still, people bought it...thankfully, I figured it out and crushed their delusions :evil:
Don't take too much credit for it. :p That was the 2nd topic created on that though; it was pretty ridiculous that it lasted for so long.

Cinder

Smash Master
Don't take too much credit for it. :p That was the 2nd topic created on that though; it was pretty ridiculous that it lasted for so long.
:laugh: Not tryin' to...but I was the first person to bring up the "frame fade" theory, at least in that thread...not to brag...it was a no-brainer anyway...and yeah, surprised it lasted so long...

I just noticed a Zelda Leak rumor in the Zelda forum...I would check it out, but I must take my leave...but someone else could take a look, I assume...

Igneous42

Smash Ace
there are a lot of rumors

A japanese radio station stated that WW link, Bowser Jr. and Ridley were PC in brawl. They also said that young link, Mr G&W and Ice Climbers were out.....considering we got a dojo update ion the ice-climbers it may not be true

story: http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/03/04/smash-bros-brawl-character-confirmations-and-desires/

1-up story: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290
thats like the oldest rumor ever that was long ago confirmed fake.

Top Bottom